Turtle Wok

BXC says his wok is his greatest secret. What’s so special about it?

Comments

• Seriously? Did you read the story?

The wok is the MC's special item. Like the mirror in ISSTH for Meng Hao or the spirit grandpa rings in Coiling Dragon and BTTH.

Its ability is what lets the MC compete with the geniuses.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

The wok is the MC's special item. Like the mirror in ISSTH for Meng Hao or the spirit grandpa rings in Coiling Dragon and BTTH.

Ok but what is its abilities? Why is it so special?

I wouldn't go quite that far.

The wok has helped, certainly. But it's much more of a supplement to him than anything.

The Copper Mirror let Meng Hao replicate even unique items and pills, which gave him two of the wooden swords, dozens of copies of his pills and time swords. The grandpa rings gave Linley and Xiao Yan the undivided attention of a top tier expert to teach them. Hell, Yao Lao could flat out show up to help Xiao Yan fight.

All of those things helped to power level their owners up.

The wok on the other hand can make things more effective. Bai Xaiochun's used it on his medicines and his weapons, but he's limited in what he has and what flames he can produce. Now, the Copper Mirror was also limited by what was on hand, but it's primary limiting factor was spirit stones. The wok may make things better, but the Mirror makes more and quantity has a quality all of its own.

There's also the fact that Bai Xiaochun is very much a genius in his own right. His skill with the Violet Cauldron Art, the Undying Live Forever Techniques, and his skill with Alchemy are all the result of him spending enormous amounts of effort working on them.
  • The wok will help him later to get the best possible cultivation ... so it isn't 'just' a supplement.

Ok but what is its abilities? Why is it so special?
    Spirit Enhancements. Makes things better.

Part I'm up to he can do 3 enhancements.

Imagine a Grade 0 pill suddenly turning into Grade 3 with each grade being a lot more worthwhile
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • The wok will help him later to get the best possible cultivation ... so it isn't 'just' a supplement.
    What do you mean by that?
    What do you mean by that?
    He does enhancements on his nascent soul (just like spirit enhancement) and as the wok never fails - it only depends on his resources (souls - stuff in Wilderness/Kui Empire) and his understanding on the soul fire (it gets harder later one to control the fire needed for enhancements).
    While his understanding of alchemy is outstanding, his spirit enhancements only/mostly depend on the wok ...
  • edited December 2017
     the wok seems to be virtually indestructible, so he uses it as defensed and as a cheat throught a few trials.

The refining ability lets him lvl up using the most common material around with little effort.

he can also easily erase others soul brand on treasures using it.

Otherwise, the woks OPness is not really played out, because author does not seem to wwnt to make rankrd items OP. like a celestial with a celestial wrapon still has no chance vs halfgof, despite the seeming dificulty in creating a celestial weapon, rank weapons through refining barely play a role outside 1-2 times.

OTOH, like a rock refined enough time can become a planet, then a world, but noomr eould bother, because the soul it takes is stupid high. like rank 23 fire requires you to creat 23 rank 22 fires, which each required 22 rank 21 fires, etc. atleast this is how I understand it, like all yhe souls that exist on heacanspan world was only enough to make 1 lvl 23 fire. you add in failure rate, i mean millions of years of a plannet, you gotta gather thousands of planets just to continue studing making fire.. MC is gonna refine this world and destroy it so he can live forever, just like what happpened eith heavanspan world.

ironicly, only heavanspan people can refine,but the MC can't refine himself without yhe wok iirc.
  • edited January 31
    BXC says his wok is his greatest secret. What’s so special about it?
    100% rate when increasing the rank of enchantments. In the story, things can increase in rank with the use of colored fire. 1 colored fire denotes a rank 1 enchantment 2 a 2 and so on. every ten levels something happens were a leaf becomes a tree which then becomes a world. It also increases the cultivation of whatever is enhaced. the down side is if enhancement fails, the item/person/ect gets destroyed. Hence the value of the turtle wok. The wok is not really mentioned much in the story later though.