Emperor waveshift

So I was just wondering if emperor Waveshift was a hegemon in the dao of numerancy or not...

Comments

• I think it was stated that he isn't hegemon but has reached hegemon level in dao of numeracy.
  • Angren said:
    I think it was stated that he isn't hegemon but has reached hegemon level in dao of numeracy.
    I dont think thats possible cause regardless of what dao you use to become an emperor if you reach the hegemon level in a dao you automatically become a hegemon. having hegemon level insight into a dao but not being a hegemon is like having 4th step daolord level insight into the dao but not being a 4th step daolord.
  • edited December 2017
    Although Emperor Waveshift was skilled in Numerancy, he was not a Hegemon. b32c1
    And if he was hegemon he would be called hegemon waveshift instead of emperor waveshift like all other hegemons so far.
    Well, thats my opinion.
  • He's not a hegemon, but to every major power he's way more important than any hegemon
  • Angren said:
    I think it was stated that he isn't hegemon but has reached hegemon level in dao of numeracy.
    I dont think thats possible cause regardless of what dao you use to become an emperor if you reach the hegemon level in a dao you automatically become a hegemon. having hegemon level insight into a dao but not being a hegemon is like having 4th step daolord level insight into the dao but not being a 4th step daolord.
    That's just what the machine translation of the original says.
    He has hegemon-level numerancy but isn't considered a hegemon.
    Yes it is confusing and all, but we'll just have to wait for a proper translation to get to it. In about 2 weeks worth of chapters.
  • Adannor said:
    Angren said:
    Yes it is confusing and all, but we'll just have to wait for a proper translation to get to it. In about 2 weeks worth of chapters.
    k then
  • Adannor said:
    Angren said:
    k then
    It's stated for several characters multiple times people having their level of "insight / genius understanding" of a dao be at a much higher level than the straight-up battle power, which is how the "genius" level characters manage to fight on equal level or even overpower another figure who is much higher in cultivation.

Having such high insights into an OP dao doesn't guarantee they succeed their Daomerge and will become a Hegemon.

Furthermore, in the later end of Book 38 (which  I've read since I'm a donator to Ren's Patreon site), Ning improves his skill in several Dao's, including the Dao of Numeracy, which states at one point he reaches the same level of understanding of the Dao of Numerance as Waveshift, aka Hegemon level understanding, while he's a Daolord and **SPOILER** he fails his daomerge at the end of 38.

So, as stated by others, your comment of "if you reach the hegemon level in a dao you automatically become a hegemon" is completely wrong. The last part of your sentence is correct: if you remember all the stages Ji Ning was at, he was beating people who were multiple "tiers" above him cuz he's so op, such as how when he finally became a Daolord of the 1st step, people constantly thought he was a Daolord of the 2nd step cuz of how much power he gave off, when in reality he was just a higher, better quality / grade. Just like how he was taking on low Daolords as a World God, and at the end of 38, is repeatedly seen as being more OP than pure hegemons powerwise, despite being a Daolord.

IF that still doesn't make sense, then use this comparison: 2 Highschool seniors of the exact same age.

Student 1  is smarty-pants  with high college level calculus math, easily gets an A, while Student 2 is only in Algebra 2, several grades below calculus, barely passing with a C-. Smarty pants is still a highschool kid, not a college kid, even though his understanding of math is at the early college advanced level. At the sametime, that alone doesn't guarantee he's getting into college if he messes up / royally sucks in other school subjects and requirements for college (SAT's, maybe he flat out sucks/hates in sciences/history/english/etc).