how common Chinese people sees Chinese food

I am a 27 years old Chinese, if something what I say is wrong, well, it's wrong.

My home town is in a small village of Henan a central province of China. I remember the first time I visited my dad with my mom in Taiyuan the city he worked in 1995. That was the first time I drank cola and spirite, that's a shock, it's amazing in my memory, my only impression was amazing. And from then, all I thought of foreign was wonderful. So when I see the pan-frying steak,  it looked so hearty, but after a failure try, I began to realize something to share.

when I did the fry thing with a 600g steak, I find my self in a dilemma. If I turn a big fire, the surface of the steak will chared til the inside is cooked, if I turn a small fire, long-time frying though the inside will be cooked, too much moister of the steak will be drained out, the steak will be hard. And I thought about that and I searched it online, and I came to a conclusion, foreigners didn't solve the problem either, the eat the steak half-cooked. And that explained why foreigners doesn't like the pork the way they like beef, because pork is dangerous if half-cooked(it was until when I turened my 20s I started to find out that). If you all know that, fine, but to me, it's quite interesting and inspiring. I looked back to Chinese cooking ways, and I find out many things that I want share.

First of all, let's talk about the steak. I like a Chinese dish 铁板牛柳,probably be soft beef, some thing like that. It's simple, dice the beef into small sticks, and stir fry it. The beef tastes juicy and flavored. Well, compared to its western counterpart I suddenly realize many things. The oil in Chinese cooking worked as a thermal conductive thing, when the ingredients are choped into small same-sized pieces it could be cooked in big fire without be burnt. well, dice it and the ingredients will get together more thoughly and to some extent it's more easy to control if they are in the same size. That's the solution of the problem I brought above. And I diged more and there are more to share.

The second, stir fry the vegitables. Use oil as thermal conductive , and chop the vegeble into small pieces and in short big fire fry. Here is a tip, the salt will drain the moister of the vegitables more quickly, so take that into account when you are cooking. For instance, if you are cooking carrot, put salt relevantly early, if it's leafy vegitable like boychoy, then later.

Thirdly, the coating. Well, if you are cooking some meat, it will still without cooked sometimes even when you choped them, then  you can try coating. Like coating in deep-fry, coating in stir-fry also helps to keep the moister inside the food. Stir-fry coating is usually made of water and starch, just like some sort of glue. What makes coating important for the  vegetable stir-fry is that the coating helps the bland flavored vegetables like brocoli and carrot stick with the seasonings which makes them tasty and chewy.  

There are more, but I'm not that good at cooking. My mom knows better, but she maybe don't know why doing this or that exactly.

Then let's talked about something else in teresting. Like China is a big country and many Chinese food is new to Chinese.

My hometown is in Henan(which is in the central China), and when I went to my college in Hunnan (in the south China) ,  I had diarrhea the whole first weak, it was like weak with all body sweaty and your ass was on fire. And then I fit in. And I slowly understand why the south Prvoince eat more spicy food. Old people will say spicy food hleps driving the humidity out of your body, it's kind of wrong. The real reason is metabolism, which means people have to egest by sweat. In normal situation, people's sweat come out in steam. But if the moister in the air is abundant, you sweat will come out as water,so it's  easy to get sweaty in a rainy even if it maybe cold. So in the southern province like Hunan and Sichuan, the weather is humid, even if you can easily get sweaty, the fact is that you probably didn't sweat enough to fulfill your body's need of egest. Then there comes alcohol and hot pepper, the pepper is cheaper and then comes all that super spicy food.

Then I graduated and I went to Guangzhou which is a Southern coast city of China. I stayed there for several month, my feeling maybe not that correct, it's like maybe they are more rich and modern, the food is quite various in style and I get the feeling like they some kind of care more and more about health. Before I went to there, I heard that the food in Guangdong is heavily affected by western food, but I don't get that feeling myself.

Oh, my dad worked in Shanxi province, which is in the north of my hometown, and the soil there is dry and alkaline, so people there like the sour food their black vinegar is welknown in China. Talking about soy bean, there comes out all sorts of food. It is said because the protein source of Chinese people is quite lean in history, soy bean could be the most important food ingredient in Chinese recipie. But beans are not that inviting then there came  all kind of toufu, sauce, seasonings, which you know Chinese people have a saying, if you live enough, nothing will surprise you.