Want an idea of what ISSTH is about

edited July 2015 in ISSTH Spoilers
I haven't started reading this yet but i want to know what this is about especially the MC.
like compared to coiling dragon, MGA, ATG, is the mc similar in a way like becoming op or something?
i dont need any specific spoilers just an idea of how the story develops. (need some motivation to start reading xD)

Comments

• ISSTH is my favorite translation that I am currently following.  The writing is humorous and witty (but not campy), the characterizations are great, and the main character is a pacifist Confucian scholar who is kidnapped and forced to join a sect of Immortal practitioners.  He gradually loses his pacifist attitudes and grows more and more badass, but he remains, all in all, a decent human (who is quite clever) who cares about other people.  It's great!
  • compared to his fellow cultivators he's a freaking saint!!!
  • Yeah I think the same thing Ren and that's why I love this MC
  • MC's eyes glitter.
    Nothing more needs to be said.
    Start reading it. Now.
  • edited August 2015
    MC's an actual human being.  There's superb humor and romance (not harem though which is not the norm in XianXia).  The story is full of mystery and there is an actual story/plot.  The characters each have their own personality.  Enemies and allies alike are smart and calculating.  The story flows really really well.  ISSTH is like a smooth current where Xian Ni is like a river made of lakes and oceans.
  • The MC spends a lot of time just trying to stay alive while not being a complete douche.

Granted while his is losing his innocence and lofty ideals, he is also a stand up guy that would rather avoid a fight, even if he rarely gets a chance to.

• So MC just has one love interest right?

Up to latest raw, yes.
  • how many chaps is the raw up to now?
  • :'( LOOKING BACK MAKES ME SO EMOTIONAL :'(