Decline of Cleansing Incense Ancient Sect

What happened to the Ancestors of Cleansing Incense Ancient Sect? I believe that Young Emperor Mu and the master (don't remember the name) of Tu Buyu as wells as Ancient Saints, Enlightened Beings and Royal Nobles are the main force of the sect against the Heavenly God Sect. Did the ancestors all died together with the Calamity God due to old age before the war? I also believe that a sect that has been existing for millions of years would have God Kings and God-Monarchs as well and many legendary existences. 

Thanks for the reply.

Comments

• edited September 2017
    If I remember correctly, the Calamity God died during the Black Dragon King's assault on the Immortal Demon Grotto. As for the other ancestors and powerhouses, I think they are/were all suppressing an extremely powerful evil existence underneath the sect that San Gui Ye (the old man that picked Li Qiye up at the beginning) released while trying to get stronger in order to defeat Ta Kong in the battle for the Heaven's Will. The chained up dude at the sect is San Gui Ye's brother who is in self-imposed imprisonment as a form of penance.
  • If I remember correctly, the Calamity God died during the Black Dragon King's assault on the Immortal Demon Grotto. As for the other ancestors and powerhouses, I think they are/were all suppressing an extremely powerful evil existence underneath the sect that San Gui Ye (the old man that picked Li Qiye up at the beginning) released while trying to get stronger in order to defeat Ta Kong in the battle for the Heaven's Will. The chained up dude at the sect is San Gui Ye's brother who is in self-imposed imprisonment as a form of penance.
    You mean, San Guiye is an emperor's candidate? and there is a possibility that all the powerhouses of the sect still lives?
  • San Gui Ye competed with Ta Kong for the Heaven's Will six times, winning the first three battles but losing the last three. As he lost his Dao Heart grew weaker so he sought to seize the power of an ancient existence sealed under the sect, but he severely underestimated its power and nearly destroyed the Cleansing Incense Ancient Sect in the process. Not sure if the other powerhouses are still alive or not
  • San Gui Ye along with some of the elders decided to fuck with a certain thing dark crow had sealed in their ancestral grounds. we've already seen an example of what happens when people do that.
  • San Gui Ye is the young emperor Mu.
    The ancestor and the High Elders are suppressing a monster in the Ancestral Ground. With that moment of weakness, some imperial lineages attack the
    Cleansing Ancient Sect.
    There is some powerhouses still alive, but a think that much less than before young emperor Mu make the great shit.

• Guigs said:
    San Gui Ye is the young emperor Mu.
    The ancestor and the High Elders are suppressing a monster in the Ancestral Ground. With that moment of weakness, some imperial lineages attack the
    Cleansing Ancient Sect.
    There is some powerhouses still alive, but a think that much less than before young emperor Mu make the great shit.

I see. So with Li Qiye appearing, the powerhouses should be able to return right? I wonder how strong the Cleansing Incense Ancient Sect would be even without LQY. I believe Azure Kingdom nor the Heavenly God Sect would be fucked up.
  • the people li qiye trained in the early arcs take rein once he ascends.
  • San Gui Ye competed with Ta Kong for the Heaven's Will six times, winning the first three battles but losing the last three. As he lost his Dao Heart grew weaker so he sought to seize the power of an ancient existence sealed under the sect, but he severely underestimated its power and nearly destroyed the Cleansing Incense Ancient Sect in the process. Not sure if the other powerhouses are still alive or not
    To be exact, he mistook the evil existence for Min Ren's battle armor.