Seeking the Flying Sword Path

2»

Comments

• edited January 5
    chrish said:
    chrish said:
    So I finally started reading this; why the hell does each IET novel have to start with humans vs demons/ beasts  garbage? Can't he be bit more original?

And IET is trying to go deeper into romance/ politics than usual but it's so not like him. It just seems awkward!
    He tries to improve and failures are bound to happen.
    I like the fact that he tries to improve and STFS might not be his best story yet the fact that he tries new things is giving me hope his futures story will have more depth and be better than anything he has written as long as he doesn't try to imitate but add to what he already has.
    Each IET story has their unique qualities that I like:

1) Coiling Dragon: best story

2) Desolate Era: World building; especially it was perfect till three-realm arc. Later half seems to be hit or miss depending on your taste

3) LXY: cultivation systems

4) Swallowed Star: Sci-Fi setting.

ST is probably his weakest work but that can be forgiven for being initial project. For current novel, he could have gradually let the romance develop instead of making the fairy from heaven instantly fall for the MC.

Saying it was instant is a bit much considering they knew each other for years before they got married. That's more like an average relationship development in real life.
  • edited January 5
    The current translation just reached the final chapter of the 4th volume.Here ill try to give some spoilers for the 5th volume,however everyone should take what i write with a grain of salt as i used MTL.I wont try to cover everything that happened just some of the more important stuff.
    After Qin Yun(QY) and Yi Xiao(YX) exit the immortal abode they are greeted by the Yi clan's ancestor.They talk and he approves of the marriage between them.Then he takes them to trade the treasures.QY sells him the transcendent grade cauldron.
      While QY trade for treasures, the demons learns of the couple going out from the abode and decide to kill and get his treasure.Some formidable demons are dispatched.Of course they cant kill him while he is at the HQ of Inspector Heavenly Alliance.So they decide to do it at some later date either in his own house or when he gets out.
      Done with the trade QY and YX go back to Grand Dominance.On the way demons are spying on them.So when they get back Yi clan ancestor sets up his formation  for which he is famous in Qin manor.Few days later QY uses that formation to kill every demon spy in Grand Dominance.
      Demons understand that its kinda impossible to rob much less kill him while he is in the city, so they decide to wait.
      Days pass and QY reaches the Sword intent Paramount realm.
      QY receives message for help from one of his friends from the northern border.His nickname is Scholar according to MTL.So QY rushes to the province this Scholar is.There he finds him on deathbed with his adopted daughter.Scholar ask QY to take care of her.She is a demon.A fish demon(this might change as i used MTL so yeah).Apparently the wife of her father wished to kill her for some reason(this will be known nearly at the end of the volume, the girl thinks its her biological father that wants to kill her.)
      They decide to bury him with his family members, and mourn for 3 days.At some point demons attack.QY then kill 2 gold core demons instantly.And everyone finds out he is at the Paramount realm.They fight abit then every demon just leave as they get it they wont be able to kill him without fight to the death.QY gets quite famous after this battle.When they return to Grand Dominance a lot of people come to offer congratulations and gifts.
       The East Sea Dragon Palace Prince comes to offer some gifts.Then he asks to see QY alone.There he tells him about YX's mother.So her mother name is Ao Xue and she is pureblooded dragon from the West Sea Dragon Palace.Pureblooded dragons aren't supposed to marry with other races, so Ao Xue fallin in love with YX's father and then conceiving and giving birth to YX was considered taboo.So they came and took Ao Xue and imprisoned her for 500 years in solitude.QY decides to not tell YX for now.
      QY decides to go to the West Sea Dragon Palace and see if he can save Ao Xue.At some point Bai Junyue contacts him and ask him to find out if her brother really was killed by some demon.QY accepts.When he departs he will also look for some YX's clansmen that went missing in the West Sea.
      In the West Sea Dragon Palace he asks for Ao Xue to be released.Of course he is refused, so he leaves.Then he contacts the Myriad Temple if they can help.The scarlet dragon there ask him to wait for a while and he will contact him with the conditions.QY decides to look for YX's clansmen while waiting.A bit later the scarlet dragon from Myriad Temple contacts him and says there are 3 ways to save Ao Xue: a Numinous grade treasure/weapon(this here i didnt understand as it might be transcendent grade and above,but i think it is numinous grade),blood dragon crystal(this name will definitely change in official translation),and the 3rd condition is QY to serve Myriad Temple for 100 years once he attains Sword Dao and they will bear the cost to free Ao Xue.QY refuses the 3rd conditions,the 1st condition too and ask where he can find blood dragon crystal.The scarlet dragon tells him and adds that it will be very dangerous.
      QY went to search for YX's clansmen and finds out a new entrance to the Ancient Dragon Temple(i skipped here some info and the temlpe name probably will change too in translation).QY finds them inside.They are infected with some stuff(the MTL wasnt quite clear here,but its either the soul of some devil or the devil's killing intent or hatred).QY ignores them for awhile as they can hold for now.He goes in to check and sees a blood dragon crystal.But there are some devils?(name subject to change)666 of them if MTL can be trusted.Anyway there is no way for him to get it and he runs away after some short battle.He goes another direction to explore but there is nothing and is too dangerous so he gets back,takes the 2 YX clansmen and return them to Yi clan.There the ancestor personally acts to save them.
      QY goes to the lair of the demon than killed Bai Junchen (Bai Junyue's bro) he asks him about it and the demon says he killed him.QY ask him to get some of the better treasures the Bai dude had, but the demon refuses saying everything was destroyed(i am not writing the demon's name as mtl's name is well weird).QY leaves and that demon reports to some devil god or something.QY then tells Bai Junyue of his findings about her brother.Then he returns to Grand Dominance.
    3 years pass and he is killing some true core demon.Then he goes back and informs YX about going in seclusion for a few days.YX is at the true core now and is surprised to hear QY saying he will go to seclusion, but she instantly figures out that he is going to break throu to the gold core stage.So he goes and does just that.Here we learn that there are stages to the gold core - weak and strong.QY gets a purple-gold core which is the extreme for the gold core realm.When he exits and tell YX about it they throw a party for it and that's how the volume end.

Please do note that i haven't written about some stuff.For example the fish demon girl - this will probably be the 6th volume main focus along with the rescue of Yi Xiao's mother.Of course this is just my theory and may or may not happen.Anyway that's all for now from the story.I think that from the 6th volume onwards the story will become better and better as there's good potential for some revenge and saving.I just hope IET wont drag Qin Yun's breaking throu the Essence Soul realm, like he did with Ning's repairing his soul after the daomerge.
  • Can anyone give a link to Raws (not paid)?
  • DragoM said:
    Can anyone give a link to Raws (not paid)?
    www.uukanshu.net take the chinese name write on the seach
  • Narcox said:
    DragoM said:
    Can anyone give a link to Raws (not paid)?
    www.uukanshu.net take the chinese name write on the seach
    Thank you!
  • darkmanx1 said:
    The current translation just reached the final chapter of the 4th volume.Here ill try to give some spoilers for the 5th volume,however everyone should take what i write with a grain of salt as i used MTL.I wont try to cover everything that happened just some of the more important stuff.
    After Qin Yun(QY) and Yi Xiao(YX) exit the immortal abode they are greeted by the Yi clan's ancestor.They talk and he approves of the marriage between them.Then he takes them to trade the treasures.QY sells him the transcendent grade cauldron.
      While QY trade for treasures, the demons learns of the couple going out from the abode and decide to kill and get his treasure.Some formidable demons are dispatched.Of course they cant kill him while he is at the HQ of Inspector Heavenly Alliance.So they decide to do it at some later date either in his own house or when he gets out.
      Done with the trade QY and YX go back to Grand Dominance.On the way demons are spying on them.So when they get back Yi clan ancestor sets up his formation  for which he is famous in Qin manor.Few days later QY uses that formation to kill every demon spy in Grand Dominance.
      Demons understand that its kinda impossible to rob much less kill him while he is in the city, so they decide to wait.
      Days pass and QY reaches the Sword intent Paramount realm.
      QY receives message for help from one of his friends from the northern border.His nickname is Scholar according to MTL.So QY rushes to the province this Scholar is.There he finds him on deathbed with his adopted daughter.Scholar ask QY to take care of her.She is a demon.A fish demon(this might change as i used MTL so yeah).Apparently the wife of her father wished to kill her for some reason(this will be known nearly at the end of the volume, the girl thinks its her biological father that wants to kill her.)
      They decide to bury him with his family members, and mourn for 3 days.At some point demons attack.QY then kill 2 gold core demons instantly.And everyone finds out he is at the Paramount realm.They fight abit then every demon just leave as they get it they wont be able to kill him without fight to the death.QY gets quite famous after this battle.When they return to Grand Dominance a lot of people come to offer congratulations and gifts.
       The East Sea Dragon Palace Prince comes to offer some gifts.Then he asks to see QY alone.There he tells him about YX's mother.So her mother name is Ao Xue and she is pureblooded dragon from the West Sea Dragon Palace.Pureblooded dragons aren't supposed to marry with other races, so Ao Xue fallin in love with YX's father and then conceiving and giving birth to YX was considered taboo.So they came and took Ao Xue and imprisoned her for 500 years in solitude.QY decides to not tell YX for now.
      QY decides to go to the West Sea Dragon Palace and see if he can save Ao Xue.At some point Bai Junyue contacts him and ask him to find out if her brother really was killed by some demon.QY accepts.When he departs he will also look for some YX's clansmen that went missing in the West Sea.
      In the West Sea Dragon Palace he asks for Ao Xue to be released.Of course he is refused, so he leaves.Then he contacts the Myriad Temple if they can help.The scarlet dragon there ask him to wait for a while and he will contact him with the conditions.QY decides to look for YX's clansmen while waiting.A bit later the scarlet dragon from Myriad Temple contacts him and says there are 3 ways to save Ao Xue: a Numinous grade treasure/weapon(this here i didnt understand as it might be transcendent grade and above,but i think it is numinous grade),blood dragon crystal(this name will definitely change in official translation),and the 3rd condition is QY to serve Myriad Temple for 100 years once he attains Sword Dao and they will bear the cost to free Ao Xue.QY refuses the 3rd conditions,the 1st condition too and ask where he can find blood dragon crystal.The scarlet dragon tells him and adds that it will be very dangerous.
      QY went to search for YX's clansmen and finds out a new entrance to the Ancient Dragon Temple(i skipped here some info and the temlpe name probably will change too in translation).QY finds them inside.They are infected with some stuff(the MTL wasnt quite clear here,but its either the soul of some devil or the devil's killing intent or hatred).QY ignores them for awhile as they can hold for now.He goes in to check and sees a blood dragon crystal.But there are some devils?(name subject to change)666 of them if MTL can be trusted.Anyway there is no way for him to get it and he runs away after some short battle.He goes another direction to explore but there is nothing and is too dangerous so he gets back,takes the 2 YX clansmen and return them to Yi clan.There the ancestor personally acts to save them.
      QY goes to the lair of the demon than killed Bai Junchen (Bai Junyue's bro) he asks him about it and the demon says he killed him.QY ask him to get some of the better treasures the Bai dude had, but the demon refuses saying everything was destroyed(i am not writing the demon's name as mtl's name is well weird).QY leaves and that demon reports to some devil god or something.QY then tells Bai Junyue of his findings about her brother.Then he returns to Grand Dominance.
    3 years pass and he is killing some true core demon.Then he goes back and informs YX about going in seclusion for a few days.YX is at the true core now and is surprised to hear QY saying he will go to seclusion, but she instantly figures out that he is going to break throu to the gold core stage.So he goes and does just that.Here we learn that there are stages to the gold core - weak and strong.QY gets a purple-gold core which is the extreme for the gold core realm.When he exits and tell YX about it they throw a party for it and that's how the volume end.

Please do note that i haven't written about some stuff.For example the fish demon girl - this will probably be the 6th volume main focus along with the rescue of Yi Xiao's mother.Of course this is just my theory and may or may not happen.Anyway that's all for now from the story.I think that from the 6th volume onwards the story will become better and better as there's good potential for some revenge and saving.I just hope IET wont drag Qin Yun's breaking throu the Essence Soul realm, like he did with Ning's repairing his soul after the daomerge.
    6th volume ended in RAW, can you give spoilers?
  • @darkmanx1
    Got a notification but led to a 404, did you delete your comment?
  • @praphethat222
    I used my tablet to post some spoilers but somehow when i wanted to edit the post it got deleted.Anyway here is a short summary of book 6: Jade Bottle of the Fiendcelestial or something like that is the name
    Qin Yun goes to the dragon temple.Gets the dragon blood crystal and some other goods.Gets back,tells Yi Xiao the truth about her mother.Both of them go to fetch Ao Xue.Some tears later and mother and dauhter are reunited.They decide to roam around by themselves,while Qin Yun goes home to train.Did i mention Ao Xue is comparable to the Paramount realm when using her true body?Anyway they found some greater demon but can't kill him so Yi Xiao called her hubby.Qin Yun went there and of course killed the demon in a few moves.Shock and awe.Some dude picks up the jade bottle.Few years goes by in a flash and that dude with the bottle starts his vengeance a.k.a slaughters some clan slowly.Qin Yun hears the news and comes to help.There's some story here which i wont mention,but inside that jade bottle there is sealed a demon.And he wants to go out.So Qin Yun and that demon fight while the demon is going out the bottle.Qin Yun succeeds in sealing him again(not sure bout the sealing - i use MTL so do keep that in mind) Divine Firmament Chapter ancestor sees that bottle,recognizes and wants it.So he offers Qin Yun to pick up 2 treasures from 5.Qin Yun chooses 2 and trades for 1.Goes home and told Yi Xiao about the bottle and the treasures. And this is the end of book 6.
    Next book is called Into the Dao(which is prerequisite to form an Essence Soul) so i would throw a guess and say Qin Yun will condense Essence Soul within 3 books from this one.So anywhere of 100-150 chapters from the currently translated one.Of course this is just my guess as it might take more(probably).