Seeking the Flying Sword Path

This novel only has 10 chapters in RAW and 3 chapters TLed.
Tagged:

Comments

• Have  you read the raws? I with LNMTL did this novel tbh lol. The current translator is doing too many works and one novel I like of his is translated slow as hell. So I don't have much faith. 
  • LOL IET plagiarizing the name of his own protagonist :*  
  • edited September 2017
    chrish said:
    LOL IET plagiarizing the name of his own protagonist :*  
    Do you know if its spelled the exact same way in Chinese for both names. I recall deathblade or somebody saying a lot of names sound the exact same but spelled differently. 

So I did some searching.
    Qin Yu -  秦羽
    Qin Yun - 秦云

Seems they have the exact surname. I used the same site for both names. So I guess somebody that knows Chinese could help out more. I just don't think it's related to Stellar Transformations until IET says it himself or leave some very big hints. 
  • Hope it is related iv always wanted to see what the new main universe creators and the lesser are like are like and stuff..
  • edited September 2017
    Cultivation Levels:

In the cultivation world, there were different realms classified as Artificial, Innate, and Essence Soul.
    Artificial branched further into twelve Qi Refinement levels, each level harder to breakthrough than the one before.
    As for the so-called ‘knocking open the Gate of Immortality’, it was referring to breaking through from the ninth level to the tenth level of Qi Refinement. Only after the breakthrough could Essence Qi convert into Essence Yuan! It was also considered the beginning of cultivation.
    Innate was separated into three stages: the False Pill Stage, the True Pill Stage, and the Gold Pill Stage.
    Essence Soul? That realm has been merely a myth for a long time!

Technique Levels:

1. The Union of Man and Sword Stage
    2. The Flawless Stage (The Flawless Stage was practically the epitome for people still in the Artificial stage. Their bodies were flawless. They had precise control of their bodies to the point that they could control every single strand of hair.)
    3. Heaven Man Unity (When you are capable of releasing your psyche, you are not that far from the realm of Heaven Man Unity.)

MC's Legacy:

But I had received the Sword Immortal Legacy from the Innate Gold Pill Stage Elder 'Daoist Chen' who lived eight hundred years ago." Qin Yun sighed once more. "The Sword Immortal Legacy is one of the top cultivation legacies in the cultivation world, but it is also at least ten times to even a hundred times harder to cultivate than other cultivation methods.

• Now sure how i feel about some terms. I really don't like the current translated title of this novel. I wonder what Ren would call it. 
  • Please translate gold pill as gold core. It's killing me.
  • Yeah they thankfully changed it:

In the cultivation world, there were three major realms—Postnatal, Congenital, and Essence Soul.

Postnatal could be finely subdivided further into twelve Qi Refinement levels, with each level harder to break through than the previous one.

Congenital was separated into three stages—the False Core stage, the True Core stage, and the Golden Core stage.

• "She has changed the sword techniques that I taught her into this." Qin Yun shook his head gently. He felt mixed emotions.
    MC's sword technique used in courtesan sexy dance. Feelsbadman.
  • And she wants to stay a courtesan. Of course.
  • Hmmm not sure how I feel about this novel yet. You know she is going to die. Probably by a demon hired by that family that rapes her. I'm just glad he's not in love with her. I can see her committing suicide just like that female in Inch of Radiance. I'm not really sure how I feel about the novel yet though. At least he's not bullshit crippled I know thats not IET style. 
  • Anyway CKTalon is TLing so it is daily updates!
  • bonifide said:
    Hmmm not sure how I feel about this novel yet. You know she is going to die. Probably by a demon hired by that family that rapes her. I'm just glad he's not in love with her. I can see her committing suicide just like that female in Inch of Radiance. I'm not really sure how I feel about the novel yet though. At least he's not bullshit crippled I know thats not IET style. 
    Why do you think she is going to die? That doesn't seem IET's style.

Anyway, for current confrontation it seems the other girl that was going to be helping for the fruit is going to be here.
  • edited September 2017
    Arkeus said:
    Why do you think she is going to die? That doesn't seem IET's style.

Anyway, for current confrontation it seems the other girl that was going to be helping for the fruit is going to be here.
    Yeah not his style I just think she is going to die and that Aunt women will be the one to tell the MC the family behind the killing. In most is novels the MC always have a big ass family for an enemy in the beginning. CD, DE, SS, and LXY all did that in some ways. Plus I don't really trust that scholar they ending out he's probably backed by that family. I'm just going to laugh my ass off when they find out what sect he's part of and try to kill the MC asap to not leave traces. 
  • So that god fiend era stuff. Really smelling like a DE universe right about now.
  • NastyNato said:
    So that god fiend era stuff. Really smelling like a DE universe right about now.
    feels a lot more like TNC to be honest.
  • NastyNato said:
    So that god fiend era stuff. Really smelling like a DE universe right about now.
    I doubt it has anything to do with DE. Fiend God mess was only in MC world the rest of the universe didn't even care about it. 
    So far the leveling is your typical cultivation novel with some perks. 
  • Any thoughts on this novel? How's the story/ world-building etc.? I haven't read a single chapter yet. 
  • chrish said:
    Any thoughts on this novel? How's the story/ world-building etc.? I haven't read a single chapter yet. 
    I put it on hold. It doesn't feel like IET novel to me tbh. Maybe it got better but he kept doing conflict for the sake of it. Very little story so far. Usually IET beginning is usually good but so far this his worst beginning novel. 
  • bonifide said:
    chrish said:
    Any thoughts on this novel? How's the story/ world-building etc.? I haven't read a single chapter yet. 
    I put it on hold. It doesn't feel like IET novel to me tbh. Maybe it got better but he kept doing conflict for the sake of it. Very little story so far. Usually IET beginning is usually good but so far this his worst beginning novel. 
    I see. Guess I won't bother till it reaches 200+ chapters then. 
  • chrish said:
    I felt like IET tried to change the way he tells his story, for now since the mc has avenged...he doesn't have much goal except his woman but i do like the story because mainly IET seems to make extra effort in order to improve.
  • @chrish @bonifide @Five Clawed Tyrannic Blood Dragon I'd recommend the story solely for the fact that IET is trying to improve and trying to give us something unique.

No training since childhood, the MC is 17 years old with genius level cultivation. No squabbling over heritages as MC has a complete Sword Immortal legacy. No vast and mysterious world to explore, MC literally roamed the world and has just returned home. No MC thinking a girl is cute and getting close to her 100 ch later, IET is pumping up the romance speed up.

Also, since there are no legacies of Sword Immortals that can reach Essence Soul realm, the MC's breakthrough is going to be spectacular. I think this is going to be better than Desolate Era and Lord Xue Ying.
  • @chrish @bonifide @Five Clawed Tyrannic Blood Dragon I'd recommend the story solely for the fact that IET is trying to improve and trying to give us something unique.

No training since childhood, the MC is 17 years old with genius level cultivation. No squabbling over heritages as MC has a complete Sword Immortal legacy. No vast and mysterious world to explore, MC literally roamed the world and has just returned home. No MC thinking a girl is cute and getting close to her 100 ch later, IET is pumping up the romance speed up.

Also, since there are no legacies of Sword Immortals that can reach Essence Soul realm, the MC's breakthrough is going to be spectacular. I think this is going to be better than Desolate Era and Lord Xue Ying.
    I haven't read the raws but you only list the pros and not the cons. I still think this his worst story starting out maybe other than his very first novel. I still don't really see a story. I still think something going to happen to Yi Xiao to make him be some Sword Immortal. It's like his M.O. Actually in Inch of Radiance romance was probably done the quickest but it did some vile shit. 

"No vast and mysterious world to explore"
    You know very well that's one of the things IET excel at. 

I can tell he's trying new stuff altogether but not working out for me so far. 
  • bonifide said:
    @chrish @bonifide @Five Clawed Tyrannic Blood Dragon I'd recommend the story solely for the fact that IET is trying to improve and trying to give us something unique.

I haven't read the raws but you only list the pros and not the cons. I still think this his worst story starting out maybe other than his very first novel. I still don't really see a story. I still think something going to happen to Yi Xiao to make him be some Sword Immortal. It's like his M.O. Actually in Inch of Radiance romance was probably done the quickest but it did some vile shit. 

"No vast and mysterious world to explore"
    You know very well that's one of the things IET excel at. 

I can tell he's trying new stuff altogether but not working out for me so far. 
    Yeah, I meant that he roamed the world during his teenage years. The real mysteries are waiting for him when he reaches higher cultivation realms. 

Anyway, I really appreciate that IET didn't spend 100 chapters showing MC growing up and began the story with MC aged 17. The childhood period roughly summed up is:

MC and his family (father, mother, elder brother and little sister) lived in a village that fell under the Water God's territory and MC's father worked as a guard. Little sister was sacrificed to Water God and MC's family moved to the safer city where MC's father became a inspector. MC joined a Sword Pavilion, became the greatest sword genius of the city and encountered a Sword Immortal's Legacy. After that, MC left to roam the world and fought 3 years in the North against demons, broke through the Gate of Immortality (entered 9th rank of Qi Refining) and returned home.

Anyway, the new stuff basically means the late start and the earlier romance. I like both of them.
  • Invincible under Essence Soul Realm by the end of book 3. I guess the next couple volumes will be about QY kiling some monsters, making some babies and finding a way to break through and become an Immortal.
  • So I finally started reading this; why the hell does each IET novel have to start with humans vs demons/ beasts  garbage? Can't he be bit more original?

And IET is trying to go deeper into romance/ politics than usual but it's so not like him. It just seems awkward!
  • chrish said:
    So I finally started reading this; why the hell does each IET novel have to start with humans vs demons/ beasts  garbage? Can't he be bit more original?

And IET is trying to go deeper into romance/ politics than usual but it's so not like him. It just seems awkward!
    He tries to improve and failures are bound to happen.
    I like the fact that he tries to improve and STFS might not be his best story yet the fact that he tries new things is giving me hope his futures story will have more depth and be better than anything he has written as long as he doesn't try to imitate but add to what he already has.
  • chrish said:
    So I finally started reading this; why the hell does each IET novel have to start with humans vs demons/ beasts  garbage? Can't he be bit more original?

It's really not the same. This time they are only killing the murderous demons. There are plenty of good or ambiguous demon factions.He simply kills bad demons just as he has no problem killing humans who commit atrocities. This is the first time we see good demons this early in one of IET's novels. They are usually beasts until they become more powerful and it takes even longer for there to be no conflict. This time though the demons are almost like a different species of humans so I'd say it is quite different. 
  • chrish said:

He tries to improve and failures are bound to happen.
    I like the fact that he tries to improve and STFS might not be his best story yet the fact that he tries new things is giving me hope his futures story will have more depth and be better than anything he has written as long as he doesn't try to imitate but add to what he already has.
    Each IET story has their unique qualities that I like:

1) Coiling Dragon: best story

2) Desolate Era: World building; especially it was perfect till three-realm arc. Later half seems to be hit or miss depending on your taste

3) LXY: cultivation systems

4) Swallowed Star: Sci-Fi setting.

ST is probably his weakest work but that can be forgiven for being initial project. For current novel, he could have gradually let the romance develop instead of making the fairy from heaven instantly fall for the MC.