[Petition] Removal of Zen as HJC Translator

I hereby beseech RWX to salvage the wreck that HJC translation has become. 

The sponsored chapter que has been 580% full since early May, now following normal protocol a donator donates money for extra chapters(be they released the same day/week) but since when has wuxiaworld allowed its translators to take money from donators and not release the chapters owed for said monetary payment ?

The worst of all would be the all encompassing silence surrounding Zen, no announcements have been made to date as to explain the reason for the drastically slower release speed nor for the lack of those 5,8 chapters owed for over 4 months now. 

Is this work ethic really something wuxiaworld wants to be known for ?

Comments

• Will you ever stop whining? Don't get me wrong. I also dislike this slow release speed but there are things you have to consider.
    You do not know why Zen is releasing the chapters at such a slow pace. Maybe it is just a temporary thing.
    I may be wrong (I don't know what kind of agreement he has with WW) certainly he has no obligation to tell you about all his circumstances.

• edited September 16
    cryzlis93 said:
    Will you ever stop whining? Don't get me wrong. I also dislike this slow release speed but there are things you have to consider.
    You do not know why Zen is releasing the chapters at such a slow pace. Maybe it is just a temporary thing.
    I may be wrong (I don't know what kind of agreement he has with WW) certainly he has no obligation to tell you about all his circumstances.

If it was temporary then he would have said something by now as it has been this way since May. 
    Under Resources -> Posting Schedule it shows that Zen's schedule is 3 full chapters a week. not 3 parts of 1 chapter. 

This is not whining this is speaking out against lazy workers, and getting people to do what they say they will do. 

The fact remains that Zen has been completely incompetent considering he was receiving payment for a service which he has for the past 4 months completely failed to deliver, in legal terms we call that fraud/theft. 
    If party A buys a service/commodity from party B and if party B does not deliver said service/commodity, in this case party B is committing fraud and theft. 

I am fed up with you white knight wannabe morons. IF Zen had any inclination of respect towards his readers/donators he would have already released a statement, Zen has made it abundantly clear that he cares not one whit what is said or done, so this is the only viable option , to go to the big boss RWX and ask him to step in and mediate.

Because as of now Zen is besmirching wuxiaworlds name, by committing fraud and theft of donation money.
  • The last time he released three Chapters in a single week was the second week of August.
    It has ALWAYS been parts he released not full chapters. So you are expecting more than he has promised.
    I get it. You want to read this novel. I do as well.
    But your whining, and this is nothing else, will not change anything.
    And about Zen "besmirching wuxiaworlds name by committing fraud and theft of donation money" is utter bullshit.
    "Zen: I am committed to releasing three regular chapters each week.  For every $50 in donations, I will do an additional sponsored chapter."
    This is what you find when you look up the release Schedule. As you can see it is not mentioned WHEN the sponsored chapters will be released.
    Calling me moron just shows how much of a moron you are. You and a lot of other people just want to their ego fed. Whining about him not releasing a statement about his private life stating why the releases are so irregular recently. He and actually the other translators as well are not obligated to do so.

• edited September 17
  • cryzlis93 said:
    The last time he released three Chapters in a single week was the second week of August.
    It has ALWAYS been parts he released not full chapters. So you are expecting more than he has promised.
    I get it. You want to read this novel. I do as well.
    But your whining, and this is nothing else, will not change anything.
    And about Zen "besmirching wuxiaworlds name by committing fraud and theft of donation money" is utter bullshit.
    "Zen: I am committed to releasing three regular chapters each week.  For every $50 in donations, I will do an additional sponsored chapter."
    This is what you find when you look up the release Schedule. As you can see it is not mentioned WHEN the sponsored chapters will be released.
    Calling me moron just shows how much of a moron you are. You and a lot of other people just want to their ego fed. Whining about him not releasing a statement about his private life stating why the releases are so irregular recently. He and actually the other translators as well are not obligated to do so.

So in your mind it would be 100% acceptable to for example : pay for the new iPhone X today, and not get the phone until summer next year, even though release was announced to be in november ? Because that is what Zen is doing with the donation que money. 

If you receive payment for a service/commodity and you DO NOT deliver said service/commodity you are committing FRAUD and theft, that is the definition!!!! 
    Zen's actions regarding the donations portray him as nothing other than a fraud and thief. 
    Whether you see it or not, is irrelevant. 

Now I am done with you white knight fool. Enjoy your day.
  • You just said it. It's a donation. You do know what a donation is, do you?
  • edited September 16
    you are making a point on the donation thing, but let me ask this have you donated a part of that 580%? or at least 50% of that 580%? if not i suggest you dont try being the white knight in a shining armour for those that donated! because those that usually donate dont complain even if the donated chapters dont arrive at the expected time, its known as being reasonable and the fact that translation of web novels isnt the translators main job. 

also you mentioned fraud and theft, they donated out of free will in hopes to increase the pace, how are you sure that the donation bar is upto date? you do know that it is manually updated correct? who knows maybe the tl'er forgot to update it after he cleared the queue last time. 

also there was a similar situation in the past with Perfect World people donated but the tl'er didnt tl whatsoever for months and no one complained to force him to leave or to tl the donated chapters, because he stated that he would make up for it, and everyone waited patiently for the tl'er to sort out his RL and look now, very steady pace with a decent release rate, maybe the tl'er made an announcement in the past but you missed it, if you cant wait for the next chapter read it mtl, jeez, in the past when the release rate was stable, i read it mtl, and was fine the same will apply to you, so i suggest going that route because no one will replace the tl'er of a project no matter what because poaching is what the Owner of wuxiaworld despises the most, and he made multiple statements on the subject of poaching in the past AND his opinion on the matters that has occurred with poaching!!! 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/3eukbh/tl_stellar_transformations_a_case_study_in_the/
    suggest reading it.

owner of volarenovels also made a cool statement read it.
    http://volarenovels.com/translate-faster/
  • edited September 16
    you are making a point on the donation thing, but let me ask this have you donated a part of that 580%? or at least 50% of that 580%? if not i suggest you dont try being the white knight in a shining armour for those that donated! because those that usually donate dont complain even if the donated chapters dont arrive at the expected time, its known as being reasonable and the fact that translation of web novels isnt the translators main job. 

also you mentioned fraud and theft, they donated out of free will in hopes to increase the pace, how are you sure that the donation bar is upto date? you do know that it is manually updated correct? who knows maybe the tl'er forgot to update it after he cleared the queue last time. 

also there was a similar situation in the past with Perfect World people donated but the tl'er didnt tl whatsoever for months and no one complained to force him to leave or to tl the donated chapters, because he stated that he would make up for it, and everyone waited patiently for the tl'er to sort out his RL and look now, very steady pace with a decent release rate, maybe the tl'er made an announcement in the past but you missed it, if you cant wait for the next chapter read it mtl, jeez, in the past when the release rate was stable, i read it mtl, and was fine the same will apply to you, so i suggest going that route because no one will replace the tl'er of a project no matter what because poaching is what the Owner of wuxiaworld despises the most, and he made multiple statements on the subject of poaching in the past AND his opinion on the matters that has occurred with poaching!!! 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/3eukbh/tl_stellar_transformations_a_case_study_in_the/
    suggest reading it.

You would be correct if and only if Zen had made an announcement which he has not. 
    Even RWX said that Zen had not been answering his emails for quite some time. 

The fact remains that this is simply unacceptable behavior on Zen´s part, and none of you can change that. 

If Zen released a statement or gave any reason for any of his faults, I would say alright let the man do his thing,but the fact remains that he has not given an iota of a reason for any of his shortcomings. Therefor it is perfectly acceptable to force him to either make a statement(which is what I was trying to accomplish with this post..) or give voice to the reason for the slowing down of releases. 

And since this is one of the best novels on the site, there are undoubtedly scores of translators eager and willing to take over if the opportunity presents itself. 

I for one would rather that Zen come clean and speak to the community rather than him getting booted off the project, but if all attempts to contact him are in vain, what else can we do other than to demand he hand the project over to a competent translator.
  • KingDerp said:

suggest reading it.

You would be correct if and only if Zen had made an announcement which he has not. 
    Even RWX said that Zen had not been answering his emails for quite some time. 

The fact remains that this is simply unacceptable behavior on Zen´s part, and none of you can change that. 

If Zen released a statement or gave any reason for any of his faults, I would say alright let the man do his thing,but the fact remains that he has not given an iota of a reason for any of his shortcomings. Therefor it is perfectly acceptable to force him to either make a statement(which is what I was trying to accomplish with this post..) or give voice to the reason for the slowing down of releases. 

And since this is one of the best novels on the site, there are undoubtedly scores of translators eager and willing to take over if the opportunity presents itself. 

I for one would rather that Zen come clean and speak to the community rather than him getting booted off the project, but if all attempts to contact him are in vain, what else can we do other than to demand he hand the project over to a competent translator.
    As cryzlis93 said earlier, do you not understand the definition of the word donation?  There is no obligation on his part to translate, he can take as long as he wants to translate the chapters, and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it.  He has not committed any crime whatsoever.  So, stop bitching and keep reading.
    Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.
  • Wow so many white knights defending the TL's maiden honor lol. 

Seriously, this lack of communication on Zen's part shows total disregard for readers. I do believe what we're advocating here is for another TL to step in or WW mediation to help improve the situation. There's nothing wrong with looking for possibilities for improvement instead of stagnating and just taking it Fifty Shades of Grey style. Pretty sure we all want faster releases or for the TL to at least keep his schedule. 
  • housemd3 said:
    Wow so many white knights defending the TL's maiden honor lol. 

Seriously, this lack of communication on Zen's part shows total disregard for readers. I do believe what we're advocating here is for another TL to step in or WW mediation to help improve the situation. There's nothing wrong with looking for possibilities for improvement instead of stagnating and just taking it Fifty Shades of Grey style. Pretty sure we all want faster releases or for the TL to at least keep his schedule. 
    Well said, I wholeheartedly agree.
  • you are making a point on the donation thing, but let me ask this have you donated a part of that 580%? or at least 50% of that 580%? if not i suggest you dont try being the white knight in a shining armour for those that donated! because those that usually donate dont complain even if the donated chapters dont arrive at the expected time, its known as being reasonable and the fact that translation of web novels isnt the translators main job. 

Howdy! Just FYI my RL name is Fernando, I currently am the last person to have sponsored a chapter. I cannot confirm if the bar displays the contributions correctly, but I can confirm that the donation bar was cleared after my contribution. You can check on this yourself as the last sponsored chapter has my RL name on it. You can also confirm that I've been donating (as my finances permit) to wuxia's translators between 50-100$ monthly in donations to sponsor chapters (lately i have been sponsoring around 1 chapter of EoSP per month and w/e other series tickles my fancy). I also white listed this site so they can have contributions via me having to watch adds.
       Now with EoSP being almost finished/caught up, I will most likely be taking my donations to other websites (More than likely to lightnovelbastion.com for the series the lazy swordmaster). More than likely I will never start another series on this site for fear that I get invested in the series and a situation like this arises (my nails can only take so many days between cliffhangers before i gnaw through them).
       If I have not expressed something correctly I apologize,  I cannot take this slow release date and I've been reading the MTL chapters and my brain is literally fucked at the moment.

• Putting aside the matter of condemning Zen, let's do some math.
    HJC has 308 chapters or 864 parts, roughly 1 chapter = 2.8 parts. Currently about 484 parts are translated, 379 left. If Zen would release 1 part per week and it won't slow down even more, so it's 379 week and that is 7.3 years. Cool, isn't it? Also remember that it's been less than 2 years since the translation started and more then half is done. His release speed was much faster before.

As for my opinion regarding Zen stuff
    1. Promising sponsored chapters and not doing them is bad. Regardless of defination of the word "donation", regardless of opinions of people who made them. Zen made a promise, people paid to him, he broke it. That's not a good thing.

2. If he has a problem in RL, he can just say that. He can, he's able to do it, there are many ways. But he doesn't. Moreover, he doesn't reply to Ren's mails. You can say that he's not obligated to announce anything, he's not obligated to answer Ren, that's true. But that's not good morally.

As for me, I won't feel the difference even if he drops the series. 7 years is heck long. I really can just study chinese and read it by myself for those 7 years.
  • KingDerp said:
    I hereby beseech RWX to salvage the wreck that HJC translation has become. 

The sponsored chapter que has been 580% full since early May, now following normal protocol a donator donates money for extra chapters(be they released the same day/week) but since when has wuxiaworld allowed its translators to take money from donators and not release the chapters owed for said monetary payment ?

The worst of all would be the all encompassing silence surrounding Zen, no announcements have been made to date as to explain the reason for the drastically slower release speed nor for the lack of those 5,8 chapters owed for over 4 months now. 

Is this work ethic really something wuxiaworld wants to be known for ?

Amen to that, brother ! 
  • Like I said, 5 chapter x week should be the minimum for wuxiaworld translators. 
  • fe10 said:
    Like I said, 5 chapter x week should be the minimum for wuxiaworld translators. 
    You wish for too much. Pay for it.
    KingDerp said:
    Under Resources -> Posting Schedule it shows that Zen's schedule is 3 full chapters a week. not 3 parts of 1 chapter. 
    Well, technically they are not parts, but full chapters, it's just author's whim to band 2-3 chapters as one under one name, but they are still as big as any other full chapter of any other chinese web novel. My point is - you are asking for impossible, it's not like Zen is fulltime translator as Deathblade for example... And giving us 3 chapters, or "parts", if you wish, is still pretty good in my opinion.

As for other topics, as far as I'm concerned, they are have some truth to them but hey, I seen people translating 1 chapter/month or less and demanding payment for very crappy MTL, then deleating all of them in the fit of rage, and not once or twise too... so 1-3 chapters/week is fine by me... But he still should at least explain why this situation even started...

I've done some translations from Japanese, and it's damn BORING. Spending 3-4 hours, doing boring monotonous task is almost unbearable, so regular translators are my heroes! Keep it going guys!
    owner of volarenovels also made a cool statement read it. http://volarenovels.com/translate-faster/
    She said all that could be said. Masterpiece!
  • edited September 20
    I really will never understand why some people are so eager to engage Zen in fellatio....

Let me get straight to the point. People are frustrated because Zen's translation speed has dropped from 3-4 chapters a week to 1. It's obviously not acceptable that the sponsored chapters bar has been at 580% for the past several months but before the chapter rate dropped, nobody really cared. The real issue is that despite the big reduction in chapters, Zen has literally said nothing about this. People defending Zen are making it out like we are asking for a detailed and personal biography from the guy and a dissertation as to why the chapter rate has dropped. All we want is a simple a statement as "Apologies, the chapter rate has decreased and will be like this for '........'". 

Then there are the people saying that Zen never promised 3 full chapters but 3 chapter parts and that readers are asking for too much. 3 chapter parts is fine by me but is Zen delivering those 3 chapter parts? Did you see anyone complaining about the 3 chapter parts not being 3 full chapters before? I didn't think so.

Lastly, for those of you spouting nonsense such as "stop whining" or "this is better than nothing", you do realise that at the current rate, HJC will take at least 5 years to complete?

• edited September 18
    RaiinUK said:
    Lastly, for those of you spouting nonsense such as "stop whining" or "this is better than nothing", you do realise that at the current rate, HJC will take at least 5 years to complete?
    Still better than nothing.
    Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.
  • RaiinUK said:
    Still better than nothing.
    It's better than nothing if nothing is our only other option...I doubt it is since HJC is quite a popular novel and i'm sure someone better would be able to pick it up (I'm also willing to help translate it temporarily). 
  • housemd3 said:
    It's better than nothing if nothing is our only other option...I doubt it is since HJC is quite a popular novel and i'm sure someone better would be able to pick it up (I'm also willing to help translate it temporarily). 
    Say what you want, I think there's little to no chance of anything happening.  It would have to be circumstances much worse than this for a translator to be forcefully removed from their position in wuxiaworld.
  • So.. I have seen posts where people claim that the release rate was irregular since the beginning of the year.
    That is in fact not true. I have counted all the chapters released since the beginning of 2017.
    From 02.January until last Sunday he released a total of 128 Chapters of which 55 where released since 01.May.
    That is an average of 3,46 chapters/week since the beginning of the year and an average of 2,75 chapters/week since May.
    Now consider this. Of the 128 Chapters only 5 were sponsored ones with the rest being regular releases. There were a lot of weeks where he released more than the promised 3 regular chapters. The first time he posted only 1 chapter was the first full week of July. It happened a total of 4 times the beginning of July that he posted only 1 chapters. Since July he released 22 chapters in average that's 2 chapters/week.
    Yes, the speed dropped and I never said anything else but your claims that it dropped to 1 chapter/week for the last few months is ridiculous. Saying that everything would be alright if Zen released just a small statement about what is going on is just as ridiculous. You would probably look for the next thing to complain about without checking the facts first.
  • We were not complaining when he was doing what he claimed he would do. Since may (55 parts (not even full chapters ...) 20.29 weeks = 2.71) he is not delivering his 3 parts a week. Since july it's getting worst (22/11.55=1.9). What we totally dislike is his silence. I'm not even talking about the facts that almost every translators here are doing way more than him (3 short parts a week LuL, we've never complained about that), and that he did not clear the sponsored parts. 
    If you're happy with him, that's great, but I think we have the right to call him a lazy translator who does not communicate. Wuxiaworld is a business now and the competition is called Qidian. They are thiefs, but if they find someone who can translate faster with a good quality, I'll go there. 
    Google something like "why lack of communication has become the number one reason people quit ?", may be you'll understand our point. 
    MEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 21
    Lol, you guys do understand that even though people are giving "donations," that this act entails something? Zen promises something in return for the donation, or goal or w/e, and to say that he can fulfill this promise "whenever he wants" is utter bullshit.
    Do you think the donators will be happy if their chapters finally get translated 5 years later, when they've possibly lost all interest in the novel?
    Get serious here. No one is purposefully trying to flame Zen, but he's been an ass towards us readers. Communication is key, and it's something he hasn't even attempted to do.
    "He doesn't have to tell us anything if he doesn't want to." Do you know what that's called? A translator that doesn't respect his readers.
  • edited September 21
    This thread is disgusting.

1)
    IF Zen stopped translating, what would happen? Hint: nothing. Literally nothing.
    You would stop getting consistent-quality HJC releases. That is all.

2)
    Let's stop differentiating between chapter parts and chapters. The length of a chapter part is around that of a normal chapter on Qidian. Plus, I think TJSS is the one separating the chapters into parts.

3) 
    Sponsored queues are not inherently promising a timeframe. Certain translators and translation teams may offer a deadline for the chapters, but that's on them and not the sponsored queue system. If Zen has never promised that sponsored chapters will come within x days/hours/whatever, then he's not breaking any promises by delaying. As long as they come eventually, he will have done nothing wrong. The analogy with the iPhone is incomplete because Apple's pre-order system includes a timeframe that they commit to of when they will give you the phone.

It's not bullshit to say that he can release the sponsored chapters whenever he wants. Donations are to support the translator. Throwing money at a translator doesn't make them translate faster. Just because someone throws $75 at a translator doesn't suddenly add 4 hours to their day. I would gladly pay $75 to have 28 hours a day compared to everyone else's 24.
    That said, they are committed to the chapter, and they definitely need to release it before the novel hits fin-x chapters, where fin is the last and x is the number of sponsored chapters due.

4)
    I agree that Zen's silence is >:|, but the fact that he's still uploading chapters at all is great. This is absolutely the only point that I will concur. Communication is key, and insofar as I know, he has failed to tell the readers what's up.

5) 
    Those of you willing to temporarily pick up HJC are exactly what happened in the middle of ST and why its hard to read the part where he auctions the painting: translators working one the same project without constant communication and someone who has the right to make executive decisions for the project will not be able to cooperate perfectly. 
    This one comes from personal experience: I was a co-translator for RT for a while. Term consistency, recurring speech quirks, recurring formatting patterns, etc are all vital to making a translation successful.

As a translator, could you guarantee that you continue naming things the way Zen did? Can you guarantee that something foreshadowed in the second arc comes back worded the same so that people can know that it was foreshadowed? Can you even guarantee that you will use the same naming patterns as Zen did?
    Example: "Zhou Weiqing wanted to travel from the Heavenly Bow Empire to Tai Shan in order to find Silver Dragonsteel."
    The first two were named by Zen and you better keep those terms constant lol. Tai Shan is a mountain commonly referred to in chinese web novels, but you might not realize that its Mt. Tai because the naming pattern is different (complete pinyin vs just pinyin for the name of the mountain).
    Did you realize that Silver Dragonsteel is a person named Yin Longtie? Probably not: that's a direct translation of his name instead of a westernization. Consistent naming patterns are important!

6)
    This entire thread is absolutely disgusting and probably the result of an impatient person trying to vent their frustrations by harming someone who hasn't even bailed on us.

• edited September 22

1)
    IF Zen stopped translating, what would happen? Hint: nothing. Literally nothing.

2)
    Let's stop differentiating between chapter parts and chapters. The length of a chapter part is around that of a normal chapter on Qidian. Plus, I think TJSS is the one separating the chapters into parts.

3) 
    Sponsored queues are not inherently promising a timeframe. Certain translators and translation teams may offer a deadline for the chapters, but that's on them and not the sponsored queue system. If Zen has never promised that sponsored chapters will come within x days/hours/whatever, then he's not breaking any promises by delaying. As long as they come eventually, he will have done nothing wrong. The analogy with the iPhone is incomplete because Apple's pre-order system includes a timeframe that they commit to of when they will give you the phone.

It's not bullshit to say that he can release the sponsored chapters whenever he wants. Donations are to support the translator. Throwing money at a translator doesn't make them translate faster. Just because someone throws $75 at a translator doesn't suddenly add 4 hours to their day. I would gladly pay $75 to have 28 hours a day compared to everyone else's 24.
    That said, they are committed to the chapter, and they definitely need to release it before the novel hits fin-x chapters, where fin is the last and x is the number of sponsored chapters due.

4)
    I agree that Zen's silence is >:|, but the fact that he's still uploading chapters at all is great. This is absolutely the only point that I will concur. Communication is key, and insofar as I know, he has failed to tell the readers what's up.

5) 
    Those of you willing to temporarily pick up HJC are exactly what happened in the middle of ST and why its hard to read the part where he auctions the painting: translators working one the same project without constant communication and someone who has the right to make executive decisions for the project will not be able to cooperate perfectly. 
    This one comes from personal experience: I was a co-translator for RT for a while. Term consistency, recurring speech quirks, recurring formatting patterns, etc are all vital to making a translation successful.

As a translator, could you guarantee that you continue naming things the way Zen did? Can you guarantee that something foreshadowed in the second arc comes back worded the same so that people can know that it was foreshadowed? Can you even guarantee that you will use the same naming patterns as Zen did?
    Example: "Zhou Weiqing wanted to travel from the Heavenly Bow Empire to Tai Shan in order to find Silver Dragonsteel."
    The first two were named by Zen and you better keep those terms constant lol. Tai Shan is a mountain commonly referred to in chinese web novels, but you might not realize that its Mt. Tai because the naming pattern is different (complete pinyin vs just pinyin for the name of the mountain).
    Did you realize that Silver Dragonsteel is a person named Yin Longtie? Probably not: that's a direct translation of his name instead of a westernization. Consistent naming patterns are important!

6)
    This entire thread is absolutely disgusting and probably the result of an impatient person trying to vent their frustrations by harming someone who hasn't even bailed on us.

1) Considering the popularity of HJC it would be picked up by someone else within a month, so your point is utterly false. 

2) Fact remains that the chapter is not complete, ergo it is not a full chapter. 

3) So in your opinion it is now acceptable to have donations(payment) for extra chapters sitting in the Que for 4-5 months, this just shows your own incompetence... In the business world this is called utter incompetence and if employees drag their feet and dont finish work within a set time frame then you are failing your responsibilities and failing to uphold the values of Wuxiaworld. And would most likely be fired from your job, if that is your work ethic. 

4) Zen's silence is down right unpardonable, there can be no excuse made for his utter contempt of the readers. He has failed to uphold the standards of both wuxiaworld and common courtesy. We call such people assholes in real life :) 

5) If Zen is booted from the project and we get a competent translator there is no need for multiple people to be working on the project, I agree with you that multiple people working is never good, as could be seen when you were trying to help with Rebirth, you just slowed the project down.... 

6) That is your biased opinion. You are free to have it and free to speak of it, but you can not expect people to be so blind as to think that you are actually correct. 

My objective with this post was not to get Zen booted from the project, but for RWX to kick his ass and get him to answer to the community and give reasons for his lack of communication and lack of fulfilling his sponsored chapter que for 5 months. 
    Zen is one the best translators on wuxiaworld, imho the best case scenario would be that RWX beats a will of steel into him and gets him going. RWX himself even said that Zen had not been answering his emails for quite some time. So you tell me , how the eff can you still defend Zen after all of this ?

Replacing Zen is an utter last resort. But as I have said here above, we are very very close to the last resort. 
  • edited September 24
    KingDerp said:

1)

2)

3) 

4)

5) 

6)

1) Considering the popularity of HJC it would be picked up by someone else within a month, so your point is utterly false. 

2) Fact remains that the chapter is not complete, ergo it is not a full chapter. 

3) So in your opinion it is now acceptable to have donations(payment) for extra chapters sitting in the Que for 4-5 months, this just shows your own incompetence... In the business world this is called utter incompetence and if employees drag their feet and dont finish work within a set time frame then you are failing your responsibilities and failing to uphold the values of Wuxiaworld. And would most likely be fired from your job, if that is your work ethic. 

4) Zen's silence is down right unpardonable, there can be no excuse made for his utter contempt of the readers. He has failed to uphold the standards of both wuxiaworld and common courtesy. We call such people assholes in real life :) 

5) If Zen is booted from the project and we get a competent translator there is no need for multiple people to be working on the project, I agree with you that multiple people working is never good, as could be seen when you were trying to help with Rebirth, you just slowed the project down.... 

6) That is your biased opinion. You are free to have it and free to speak of it, but you can not expect people to be so blind as to think that you are actually correct. 

My objective with this post was not to get Zen booted from the project, but for RWX to kick his ass and get him to answer to the community and give reasons for his lack of communication and lack of fulfilling his sponsored chapter que for 5 months. 
    Zen is one the best translators on wuxiaworld, imho the best case scenario would be that RWX beats a will of steel into him and gets him going. RWX himself even said that Zen had not been answering his emails for quite some time. So you tell me , how the eff can you still defend Zen after all of this ?

Replacing Zen is an utter last resort. But as I have said here above, we are very very close to the last resort. 
    FTFY
    I'd just like to comment about how funny I find this particular part of your comment.
    KingDerp said:

Do you think you have control over what RWX is going to do?  From the way you talk, you do.  In that case, you should really take a second look at what position you're at.  You're a fan, nothing more, nothing less.  Sure, you can clarify your position and what you think RWX should do, but the fact is the decision is up to RWX and that means there is a very small chance, if any, of Zen being removed from his position as translator.
    Also,

KingDerp said:

My objective with this post was not to get Zen booted from the project...

Like, are you serious? You're actually trying to say that wasn't your intention? What the hell is that title then, huh?

EDIT: I'm no longer going to be replying to this thread, replies are taking too long to make at this point.  Hopefully this thread can just fade to obscurity where it belongs. <3
  • edited September 25
    Never forget ! 1 part this week. Great TL. The best in the business. 
  • LOl @ KingDerp = Troll

Cry about Donations when he isn't even 1 of the donator. He is just a reader and trying to speak by using Donators name behind its back.

HAHAHA u can always read HJC by using Google Translator. Be Happy with it. Cya looser :)

• LOl @ KingDerp = Troll

Cry about Donations when he isn't even 1 of the donator. He is just a reader and trying to speak by using Donators name behind its back.

HAHAHA u can always read HJC by using Google Translator. Be Happy with it. Cya looser :)

You are one dumb little twat you know that ? 
    Are you seriously saying that the points that have been made in this thread are all completely wrong and that Zen has done nothing wrong at all ? 

Are you really that fkn blind ? 
    Well I'm not going to waste my time debating with you, the facts are clear as day to everyone. 
    Zen has good quality translation, non-existent communication and down right theft of sponsored chapter money. You can't argue about those points. 
  • edited September 27
    Overlord RWX shall come to our rescue, for that is what Gods do, they save the pitiable mortals from their suffering. 
    Mark my words, we shall see change.