SOTR typos, continuity and other mistakes

Hello all, 

Please collect typos and mistakes about SOTR in this thread instead of PMs on Discord! Please note that reporting something here doesn't necessarily mean the change will be made, as the comment may be about style preference.

What to post here:
  1. Typos
  2. Grammar errors (please note that it's possible that it might be a difference in style preference)
  3. Translation errors
  4. Continuity errors (I'll try to fix them if they don't deviate from the RAWs too much)

What NOT to post here:
  1. Inconsistencies in capitalization. I changed my mind about several things halfway through, they will be fixed before publication
  2. Questions about the story
  3. Questions about spoilers
  4. Comments about the story

Above all, please be polite when posting. Please deliver criticism in the manner you'd like to receive it. :)  This thread has been heavily inspired from DB's. :D

Comments

• edited August 2017
    [7:12 PM] Nidelor: SOTR Chapter 240
    “Old man Fei, so you’ve a conscience after all. Alright, I have a matter here that you can actually help with as a senior executive of the Precious Tree Sect.”

as an example:
    He could have a flashlight. -> He could've a flashlight. 
    He could have brought a flashlight. -> He could've brought a flashlight.
    The contraction in the top is wrong, but the bottom one is right.

Hence, either of: "You have a consc..." or "You've got a consc..." would be fine.
    However, "You've a consc..." is improper and "You have got a consc..." sounds terrible
  • edited August 2017
    He just felt that the secret hidden within the sacred altar was far more precious than some mere earth sky rank herbs-earth rank sky herbs->sky rank herbs/earth rank herbs/mere earth and sky rank herbs

Everyone, we’re all been played by that little bastard Jiang Chen-Everyone, we’ve all been played by that little bastard Jiang Chen

c595

• edited October 2017
    The head of the Sacred Elephant family, Xiang Wentian is described as being at the ninth Sage level in chapter 534, but the seventh Sage level in chapter 556. (Chapter 643 makes it clear that it's really ninth level.)

I realize I sound like the nerd character in the Simpsons who complains about a cartoon xylophone, but it's what I'm here for.
    [7:12 PM] Nidelor: SOTR Chapter 240
    “Old man Fei, so you’ve a conscience after all. Alright, I have a matter here that you can actually help with as a senior executive of the Precious Tree Sect.”
    I believe American style guides suggest against "You've a conscience" but British guides would not. Being in quotes, it's hard to take issue with it, though, as some people will say "you've" in this context out loud. I can accept that these spoken contractions could vary regionally, and may seem stranger to some readers than to others.
  • edited August 2017
    He had to admit, he had understated the Sacred Sword Palace’s abilities-He had to admit, he had underestimated the Sacred Sword Palace’s abilities

But if he didn’t do away with this old fart first, that would just be leaving trouble behind him. - But if he didn’t do away with this old fart first, that would just be leaving trouble behind for himself.

Jiang Chen’s smiled emotionlessly-Jiang Chen smiled emotionlessly

c597

• ch 598
    "Lon Xiaoxuan didn’t waste any time" → Long Xiaoxuan

•   It wasn’t just a typical level of difficulty to try to survive in the interior of Mt. Rippling Mirage alone for thirty years, not to mention that it was evident that Elder Chen had gone off in pursuit of Jiang Chen. ---->three thousand years,because it's a three thousand year cycle
  • Chapter 599: Elder Xiang Gan of the Sacred Sword Palace was domineering
    Should probably be changed to: Elder Xiang Gan of the Great Cathedral was domineering

That is, unless it's supposed to say "he was domineering against the Sacred Sword Palace" or something. It repeats "Elder Xiang Gan of the Great Cathedral had done this?" in the next paragraph.
  • edited August 2017
    Unexpectedly, it was Elder Wu Hen, with his previous experience facing off against Jiang Chen - Unexpectedly, it was Elder Wu Hen, with his previous experience of facing off against Jiang Chen

• chapter 600 : seems like there's a duplicate line (with a small difference on the name Lu Qi[u])

«

“The tomb of Lu Qiu of the Ancient Crimson Heavens Sect.”

“The tomb of Lu Qi of the Ancient Crimson Heavens Sect.”

»

• SOTR Chapter 275 – Wuxiaworld
    It was said that one tree did not a forest make, nor that only a single star of the show be a good thing.
    Did not a forest make -> did not make a forest or is it some kind of poetic ?

SOTR Chapter 262 – Wuxiaworld
    “It’s was a pity and regretful as well. After losing that bet, this old man left in anger, leaving the sixteen kingdom alliance and traveling throughout the world. It was only after leaving the sixteen kingdoms that I found out how much I was a frog at the bottom of a well. But after running to resistance everywhere I turned, I returned to the Skylaurel Kingdom, training diligently behind closed doors before finally obtaining my title of spirit king today.”
    It's was a pity -> it was a pity
  • “Perhaps the potential of this body is far below than that of an inane constitution, but through my efforts and my abilities in changing my destiny, I trust that I will walk a further path than those with so-called innate constitutions! So what of a constitution? Potential determines only the height of one’s starting point, but doesn’t determine how far one will be able to go!”
    inane -> innate ?
    Chapter 306
  • Chapter 322
    They could only surmise from senior brother Chen’s words that this ordinary cultivator was incredibly strong to the point where even the former couldn’t make a stand.
    Brother Chen -> Brother Cheng

• Chapter 333
    It they couldn’t, at least Master Fang would be able to slow down his speed and make it so that others don’t set their sights on him that quickly.
    It -> if ?

• Chapter 364
    Jiang Chen had been the champion, so his number was 991.
    991 -> 91 ?

• c.601, last line of the chapter:
    And only this kind of person is qualified to receive the legacy of our Ancient Crimson Heaven Sect!”
    It's been Heavens Sect everywhere else thus far.
  • Chapter 371
    It he went to attempt some martial dao missions, the level one mission would be on the sixth level spirit realm, much less level two and three.
    It -> if ?

• Chapter 373
    “Young man, with your strength, you can absolutely challenge a level four mission. There only been three instances of a candidate challenging a level four mission up until now. Only one has succeeded. I hope you can be the second.” The examiner encouraged.
    There only been -> There have only been ?

• Chapter 398
    “It’s him! Jiang Chen! He was the secular genius alright!” Precious Tree Sect head Jie Tianshu was standing behind forefather Thousandleaf as he exclaimed with surprise and delight.
    Jie Tianshu -> Xie Tianshu ?

• Chapter410
    The he heard that Jiang Chen had soared to the top with astounding moves during the selection, he’d felt that it was both to be expected and a bit shocking. After all, it was simply too stunning that Jiang Chen had killed Long Juxue, someone who had an innate constitution.
    The -> Then ?
  • Chapter416
    “The Jiang family was razed to the ground overthe course of a night and has become ruins.”
    Overthe -> over the ?
  • edited August 2017
    Nonetheless, there were all things of the ancient past.- Nonetheless, these/they were all things of the ancient past.

And once the disaster spiralled out of control, the order of the Myriad Domains would undergo great changes.-Myriad Domain

If that fellow decided to descend to the Myriad Domains because of Ding Tong’s death, there would be no other result than a bloodbath! - Myriad Domain

Jiang Chen didn’t believe that he would have any problems learning the formation technique-formation techniques
  • edited August 2017
    Palace Head Jiang Chen never would have noticed Jiang Chen- Palace Head Dan Chi

Currently, the six major sects all believed that the bulk of the sky spirit herbs were entirely in the hands of the Regal Pill Palace, and they’d only held the initial allotment of two stalks of sky spirit grass- in the hands of Jiang Chen

If anyone in the Myriad Domains can escape -Myriad Domain

I’ve decided to undergo secluded cultivation to break through the sky sage realm.- I’ve decided to undergo secluded cultivation to break through to the sky sage realm.
  • ch603

"The strength of his consciousness now now was on par with a cultivator of Dan Chi’s level."
  • 605:
    As for twelfth rank inspectors, those was even more rare >
    As for twelfth rank inspectors, those were even more rare
  • Chapter 483
    “Gaoqi, if you don’t have this kind of mental preparation, you should refrain from adventuring outside that often in the future. This kind of experience isn’t suitable for you.” Jiang Chen sighed lightly and looked ahead. “Let’s go.” He’d already arrived at the rock curtain by the time his words had rung in My Gaoqi’s ears. He stood above the the herb, only plucking it after careful consideration and coming to the conclusion that nothing was untoward.
    My Gaoqi -> Mu Gaoqi
  • 606:
    A character is introduced as "Weizi Kuai", but then the name is spelled "Wei Zikua" later in the chapter. Not sure which spelling you'd prefer to use going forward, but with a quick search, I see that Weizi Kuai is used 3 times, and Wei Zikua is used 7 times.
    Elder Lian Cheng struggled to spit out these words before he collapsed in a dead faint >
    Elder Lian Cheng struggled to spit out these words before he collapsed in a dead faint. (missing period)

Thankfully, the enemy was arrogant and had not taken the chance to start his assault before the formation had been set up >
    Thankfully, the enemy was arrogant and had not taken the chance to start his assault before the formation had been set up.
    There was an extremely limited number of existences in the Upper Eight Realms who was younger than Cao Jin and could effortlessly manipulate >
    There were an extremely limited number of existences in the Upper Eight Realms younger than Cao Jin who could effortlessly manipulate

Once he successful broke through to the ninth level, he would be qualified to start assailing the sage realm. >
    Once he successfully broke through to the ninth level, he would be qualified to start assailing the sage realm.

Nevertheless, no matter which angle he view Palace Head Dan Chi, >
    Nevertheless, no matter which angle he viewed Palace Head Dan Chi from,
  • ch609

"Whilst Dan Chi was stunnedCao Jin was also slightly surprised." missing space between stunned and Cao
  • Perhaps these grammatical errors will get covered when you find the structure editor you're looking for, but for now I'll post what stands out to me as usual. Best of luck!

an outer ring of fire lotuses roiled forwards, their vines reaching swept out over thirty meters long. Like an ancient beast opening their mouths, >
    an outer ring of fire lotuses roiled forwards, their vines sweeping out to a length of over thirty meters. Like ancient beasts opening their mouths,

my Golden Body of Demons and Gods would reach such high success success >
    my Golden Body of Demons and Gods would reach such a high level of performance

his Golden Body flared up and expanded into a golden body that ten meters tall. >
    his Golden Body flared up and expanded into a golden body that was ten meters tall.

Jiang Chen was quite delighted and felt that it was still somewhat worth it toe be trapped >
    Jiang Chen was quite delighted and felt that it was still somewhat worth it to be trapped

This was because such a plane could support large numbers of them at all.
    This was because such a plane couldn't support large numbers of them at all.

Ever since he’d entered the forbidden area that was the Ancient Crimson Heavens Sect, Jiang Chen had steadfastly felt that this Continent was just a secular plane. >
    Up until he’d entered the forbidden area that was the Ancient Crimson Heavens Sect, Jiang Chen had steadfastly felt that this Continent was just a secular plane. (alternatively: ever since then, he felt that it wasn't just a secular plane)

it would bring him one steps closer on the path of exit >
    it would bring him one step closer on the path to the exit

after passing through the tower’s test and become the sect’s successor
    after passing through the tower’s test and becoming the sect’s successor