Ancient Strengthening Technique (Portraits of Beauty) *Spoilers*

Harem Xianxia Story!!!

Doesnt have a discussion yet so thought i should start one.....

Link:

https://martialgodtranslator.wordpress.com/

Comments

• edited February 2017
    wargumm1i said:
    wuxser said:
    Lord D said:
    can u explain if any fights or issues happen between now and when he restores his cultivation.

Spoiler:
    A girl(Jin Guyao) from heavenly palace dislikes QS, her boyfriend challenged QS while QS had no cultivation. QS purposely takes a sword through his chest while using an acupuncture needle to beat him in one move. The other young people with grudges against him from Heavenly Palace get scared and make excuses not to fight him, initially they thought he would be easy prey after he lost his cultivation.

Suddenly the old man(the one's life that QS spared after wiping out most of his family) from wind family wants to challenge him. Di Chen gets angry. She beats him in one move and warns everyone not no mess with QS or they have to face her first.

QS returns home, Lin Zhanhan gives him training regime/technique. He starts training like crazy. Di Chen helps guard him and his clan till his cultivation is restored, so nobody gets a chance to mess with him.

I thought that girl Jin Guyao was deeply in love with QS? Was it just one sided and he ignored her like the many other women that fall for him and he "somehow" is like "Oh I don't like her for being to straight forwards". 
    Spoiler:
    Not sure . I remember QS told her not to bully Huoyun. QS also told her that Huoyun was better than her and then she asked why. What he told her sounded extremely insulting.
  • edited February 2017
    wargumm1i said:
    wuxser said:
    Lord D said:
    can u explain if any fights or issues happen between now and when he restores his cultivation.

Spoiler:
    A girl(Jin Guyao) from heavenly palace dislikes QS, her boyfriend challenged QS while QS had no cultivation. QS purposely takes a sword through his chest while using an acupuncture needle to beat him in one move. The other young people with grudges against him from Heavenly Palace get scared and make excuses not to fight him, initially they thought he would be easy prey after he lost his cultivation.

Suddenly the old man(the one's life that QS spared after wiping out most of his family) from wind family wants to challenge him. Di Chen gets angry. She beats him in one move and warns everyone not no mess with QS or they have to face her first.

QS returns home, Lin Zhanhan gives him training regime/technique. He starts training like crazy. Di Chen helps guard him and his clan till his cultivation is restored, so nobody gets a chance to mess with him.

I thought that girl Jin Guyao was deeply in love with QS? Was it just one sided and he ignored her like the many other women that fall for him and he "somehow" is like "Oh I don't like her for being to straight forwards". 
    Spoiler:
    Not sure . I remember QS told her not to bully Huoyun. QS also told her that Huoyun was better than her and then she asked why. What he told her sounded extremely insulting.
  • I wonder what why it got Portraits of Beauty in its title.

I assume his body will be so touch no magic or weapon will hurt him unless its some divine artifact.
  • bonifide said:

I wonder what why it got Portraits of Beauty in its title.

I assume his body will be so touch no magic or weapon will hurt him unless its some divine artifact.
    I thought it was just because the MC is described as beautiful and his shiny glittering eyes become even deeper and shiner as he progress in the Ancient Strengthening Technique...
  • bonifide said:

I thought it was just because the MC is described as beautiful and his shiny glittering eyes become even deeper and shiner as he progress in the Ancient Strengthening Technique...
    Oh maybe i skipped that part of the chapter lol. Then I remember them saying some crazy shit about his skin hard as steel but actually soft.
  • bonifide said:

bonifide said:

Oh maybe i skipped that part of the chapter lol. Then I remember them saying some crazy shit about his skin hard as steel but actually soft.
    He is a beautiful woman-like beauty with glittering black eyes that draws you in.
  • bonifide said:

He is a beautiful woman-like beauty with glittering black eyes that draws you in.
    Okkkk... so he is Manhwa protagonist...
  • animeda said:

bonifide said:

Okkkk... so he is Manhwa protagonist...

Ahaha perfect description.
  • So this worth starting or what?

Can someone give me a summary of what its about?
    And whats happened in the translated chapters so far(did he travel back in time, get a powerful medicine to make him stronger, get a magic ring, etc?)?
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • bonifide said:

There is Portraits of Beauty in title because in MC travels  from time to time he finds "Beautiful woman Chart/Picture" on which is portrait of a woman he already knows or will meet in near future.
    Ive already read it so when i'm thinking about some kind of spoiler summary i don't even know what to write because book it too big but yea he will have quite a big harem (around 15 women i think) but he usually travels alone or with some friends he meets along the way.
  • @Kaco ;

Any beast pets and how strong does his body become. 
  • @Kaco ;

when does he break through?
  • Any spoiler for this??
  • What happened to the father?
  • Is there even anyone that read this novel ahead that is able to give some spoilers for the novel?

It was pretty hard for me to search up for any spoilers for this since I can't really find any lol.
  • edited March 2016
    When does he breakthrough into the 4th layer please?! and what happens after he surpasses the final tier of Ancient Strengthening Technique?! i can't imagine that he would the strongest etc.. with just 9 layers of this technique.

• edited March 2016
    Yea how long does he stay at the 4th layer! Also what is the deal with his pops.
  • List of harem members please?
    Info on his father too, and why he left them?
  • Bailee said:
    List of harem members please?
    Info on his father too, and why he left them?
    I get the feeling his dad left him once he saw his son was born. 
  • His fathers clan pulled some dick move and forced him to marry another woman.  If I recall it had something to do with h the kidnapping of his big sister.  As for the harem quite a few romances start up but u gotta wait till he gets to the city for that.
  • ta2666 said:
    His fathers clan pulled some dick move and forced him to marry another woman.  If I recall it had something to do with h the kidnapping of his big sister.  As for the harem quite a few romances start up but u gotta wait till he gets to the city for that.
    Thanks for the spoiler 
    When Will he breakthrough into the 4th layer?
  • ta2666 said:
    His fathers clan pulled some dick move and forced him to marry another woman.  If I recall it had something to do with h the kidnapping of his big sister.  As for the harem quite a few romances start up but u gotta wait till he gets to the city for that.
    The city with the fiery horse girl he met not too long ago in TL?
    If so I'm super excited. If not, I'll be sad.. :/
  • Yes she will be 1 but the is also the inn lady and another 1 who's mt name is something weird like strong warrior, as for breaking thru I think that's close to chap 100 before the wedding of one of his cousins.  No guarantees tho been awhile since I've read this and I only got like a couple hundo into it
  • what happens to his mom?will his dad remarry is mom by end?
  • Does Qin Shui ever take the crippling pill, and if so how does he counteract it's negative quality?
  • How much stronger is the Yan Clan? can he even fulfill his promise in 5 years? 
  • its gonna be like atg all over again watch 
  • edited March 2016
    aoussa said:
    How much stronger is the Yan Clan? can he even fulfill his promise in 5 years? 
    5 years is 1, 825 days. Remember the space that he can go into? At the very least, 5 years will give him a very long time to train.
    Best case scenario where he uses every day of those 5 years, he'll have 182,500 days to train.
  • SPWJin said:
    its gonna be like atg all over again watch 
    Oh god no!!!!!!
  • edited March 2016
    Does Feng Wuxi become a harem member? And what did the uncle mean when he said that she drained many men, is she a succubus or something?