Way of the Devil/极道天魔 by Get Lost

Comments

• How does he get demon cultivation? I thought you had to have special bloodline or something? Like be from one of those noble families?

I'm guessing there are 2 different cultivation ways for spiritual/ghost types. One is the Noble families fraction way and the other is Ghost fraction way. Which does he cultivate?
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • what is the deal with the noble families? will he fight with them?
  • How does he get demon cultivation? I thought you had to have special bloodline or something? Like be from one of those noble families?

I'm guessing there are 2 different cultivation ways for spiritual/ghost types. One is the Noble families fraction way and the other is Ghost fraction way. Which does he cultivate?
    Lu Sheng's mother is actually a descendent of a nobleman clan. The bloodline is so diluted that it would be near-impossible, but he joins a sect where the cultivation technique allows even low-grade bloodlines to cultivate.

The clan bloodline is a bit complicated. Lu Sheng is descended from the Lu Clan but has the bloodline due to surrogacy or something.

The sect he comes from fuses the ghost faction and noble family ways together. Lu Sheng obtains their complete legacy.
  • 3rbajy said:
    what is the deal with the noble families? will he fight with them?
    No. He allies with noble families against ghosts.
  • edited November 2017
    how strong are the nobles of his initial area like Duanmu and the Zheng compared with the rest of the world?

Lu Sheng's mother is actually a descendent of a nobleman clan. The bloodline is so diluted that it would be near-impossible, but he joins a sect where the cultivation technique allows even low-grade bloodlines to cultivate.

The clan bloodline is a bit complicated. Lu Sheng is descended from the Lu Clan but has the bloodline due to surrogacy or something.

The sect he comes from fuses the ghost faction and noble family ways together. Lu Sheng obtains their complete legacy.
    When does he join the sect
  • Does he make any techniques to help mortals be somewhat on par with ghosts and noble families 
  • Knight8 said:
    how strong are the nobles of his initial area like Duanmu and the Zheng compared with the rest of the world?
    In xianxia terms, as the starting region they are pretty weak and inconsequential. Tendai25 said:
    How does he get demon cultivation? I thought you had to have special bloodline or something? Like be from one of those noble families?

When does he join the sect
    He joins sect in ch. 205.Tendai25 said:
    Does he make any techniques to help mortals be somewhat on par with ghosts and noble families 
    No. Mortals without a hint of noble bloodline are doomed to stay weak. They can cultivate martial arts but the strongest of them can only kill low level ghosts.
  • @Ragnarock PMed me so I'll answer here:

Hey man hope you could help me out with this novel!
    1. Mc right now is a martiL Master but in the synopsis it says he will tread the wY of the devil is that true will he get evil powers?
    Yeah, he gets evil powers after he joins a sect. Already, he can transform his body to a monster.

2. Is immortality possible in this novel where they can live forever never having to die unless killed pretty much an invite lifespan?
    No Immortals have been introduced yet.

3. Would it be possible for mc and his wife to become immortals and become able to live forever never having to die unless killed airing an unlimited lifespan?
    No Immortals have been introduced yet.

4.is mc and his wife powerful and will his wife keep up with the power level of the mc?
    Wife is pretty weak.

• edited December 2017
    Is there a main plotline for this novel?
    What difficulties does Lu Sheng face with the nobleman cultivation?
  • edited December 2017
    Tendai25 said:
    Is there a main plotline for this novel?
    The main plotline to the novel involves cultivating different systems and dimensional travelling.

For example, the current translation take place in Northern Lands where the cultivation system is of Martial Master.
    In the next chapters, the plot moves to the Central Territories (Song Dynasty) where the cultivation system is of Nobleman.
    Hundred or so chapters later, the plot moves to the Great Yin where cultivation system is of Soul cultivation.

After that, dimensional travelling~! Also, each dimension has a different cultivation system!
    Tendai25 said:
    What difficulties does Lu Sheng face with the nobleman cultivation?
    None at all, his Deep Blue system allows him to cultivate quickly.
  • When does he deal with Hulking out every time he fights? I'd find that annoying

If I were him I'd use deep blue to combine all my body skills into 1 and then further combine it with the ying yang life skill which should bring about a effect of balance. They seem good together too since one is about body and the other about vitality which is also related to body

So my question:

What are his future upgrades?
    Skills?
    Skill fusions?
    Does he keep it all separate (Life skill, Body arts, Inner Force and Demon/Noble cultivation) until he combines everything into Infinity Law in the future? Or does he fuse certain cultivation routes before that?
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • When does he deal with Hulking out every time he fights? I'd find that annoying

If I were him I'd use deep blue to combine all my body skills into 1 and then further combine it with the ying yang life skill which should bring about a effect of balance. They seem good together too since one is about body and the other about vitality which is also related to body

So my question:

What are his future upgrades?
    Skills?
    Skill fusions?
    Does he keep it all separate (Life skill, Body arts, Inner Force and Demon/Noble cultivation) until he combines everything into Infinity Law in the future? Or does he fuse certain cultivation routes before that?
    The 'hulking out' is used by him every time he gets in a physical fight. More size = more power.

The idea of fusing of all body skills + yin-yang life skill has already appeared to him, but he doesn't have enough Yin energy to fuse. The moment he gets it, he does that. 

Future upgrades: Deep Blue is simply a skill upgrade and fusion system, so it doesn't have a AI or even a stat allotment system like other game systems. That said, it is really OP as it can use 'energies' to increase and fuse skills.
    It primarily uses the Yin energy, but it is also possible to use qi, demon energy, spirit energy, etc. 

Skills and skill fusions: He usually increases skills after he finds them, and fuses skills together when he has a firm idea of what he wants. Before Infinity Law, the best fusion is Eight Way Demon Pole, a fusion of demon, qi and physique.
  • Does his hair grow back?
  • Does his hair grow back?
    Yes, read latest QI chapter.
  • how are you MTLing it, google translate reads terrible for me.
  • If you hover over a certain sentence in google translate, you can see the sentence in Chinese. After that, you can copy-paste in Google Translate. I use this for names, techniques, etc.

yellowbridge.com/chinese/chinese-dictionary.php

Or you can simply donate 100$ to LNMTL and demand to have Way of Devils added. See the front page.
  • Can you give some examples of the different cultivation systems in the other dimensions Lu Sheng goes to?
  • Tendai25 said:
    Can you give some examples of the different cultivation systems in the other dimensions Lu Sheng goes to?
    See, the cultivation path Lu Sheng follows is called 'Way of the Devil'. It is used by the top level in Great Yin Kingdom who have completed the spirit cultivation system. It focuses on cultivating laws and the soul by transmigration of the soul. The cultivator is transmigrated to a different body which recently died and he has to resolve karma and integrate with his soul by fulfilling his grudges. 
    The lesser the qi in the world, the greater time difference the MC enjoys. For eg. the 5th MC transmigrates to has no qi at all so he can spend 100 days in there in comparison to 1 day in his original world.
    Later on as MC's cultivation of 'Way of the Devil' increases, he can create a world which encompasses his comprehended laws. Unfortunately, I forgot the levels, too bad.

1st World - Spiritual cultivation system
    2nd World - Xianxia cultivation system (qi condensation, foundation establishment, etc.)
    3rd World - Body Tempering cultivation system (Using medicines and relying on outer supplements to temper the body, forming demonic tattoos)
    4th World - Beast Bloodline Evolution system (MC possesses a Wolf - Ordinary and final evolution is Hundred Headed Devil Wolf -Half God)
    5th World - Power Suit Integration system (No real cultivation, due to technological advancements people can use power suits to fight)

The navigation in Google TL is too difficult, if it were on LNMTL I could have made a list of the cultivation levels already...
  • edited December 2017
    doesn't the MC help his family anymore?Does he forget his wife or she still has some relevanceto the story?
  • Knight8 said:
    doesn't the MC help his family anymore?Does he forget his wife or she still has some relevanceto the story?
    MC protects his family, there are relevant. His wife is still a mortal, so MC took a long time to get a technique to impregnate her without killing. Their son Lu Ning is a genius who inherited from the MC and has classic xianxia plot hooks as well.
  • and Duanmu she has any relevance?
  • Knight8 said:
    and Duanmu she has any relevance?
    Not really, she works under the MC and keeps his faction running. The most relevant sidechar is Lu Ning, MC's kid.
  • edited January 7
    Caught up, spoilers?

Also, wish this would show up on LNMTL, anyone have spare 100$ please donate to add this... also, if anyone like Way of Devils enough to long for another version, search for Extreme Martial Demon Heavens, <<极武天魔>> by <<付梦>>, really similar.

• Caught up, anyone need spoilers? 
  • edited February 3
    @praphethat222 Can you give a summary about whats going to happen from current translated chapter? Sometimes asking questions is hard because we dont know what to ask.

I tried mtl but it was difficult. LNMTL is pretty good but Google translate sucks.

I got that he got Yin meridians which let him create similar networks in other people and mind-control(?) them. Also absorb other peoples cultivation to improve his own.

He fights and then controls umbrella girl and then scarlet mistress, killing them both. Then whats left over of them fuses(?) to create new person?

Then he goes to martial union which is in civil war or something cause of traitors?

Anyways a summary would be appreciated because I couldnt get a lot of the finer details due to horrible mtl.
  • @praphethat222 also apart from the summary:

Does ever deal with his tiny legs when he hulks out? I imagine him as a cartoon character with a disproportionate body figure when he does that. It ruins the mood.

And does he ever use Yang liquid drop and Yin liquid drop at the same time? Result?
  • @praphethat222 also apart from the summary:

Does ever deal with his tiny legs when he hulks out? I imagine him as a cartoon character with a disproportionate body figure when he does that. It ruins the mood.

And does he ever use Yang liquid drop and Yin liquid drop at the same time? Result?
    I don't really remember, but his legs became proportionate when he fused Yin-Yang cultivation techniques together.
    Also, Yin Yang drops together only boost his attack power.
  • edited February 6
    I don't really remember, but his legs became proportionate when he fused Yin-Yang cultivation techniques together.
    Also, Yin Yang drops together only boost his attack power.
     @praphethat222 So he fuses Inner force Yang skill with Life force Yin skill? What chapter?

Also are you willing to so a summary? Not rushing or pressuring you. Just wanna decide whether or not to mtl. If you dont write a summary, I will mtl. But if you do, I just plan on waiting for it since anything other than lnmtl is a pain.
  • I'll give a basic summary from ch. 160 (latest translation) until the point MC after defeats the Umbrella Girl and Scarlet Mistress (183). I read this part long back, so it is hard to remember.

MC experiments with his control of Umbrella Girl with the Yin Network and interrogates her to find out info about Scarlet Mistress.
    After that, he upgrades Yang Extreme Mode to lv. 2. After his experiments, he realizes that he can implant the yin network in mortal martial artists to help upgrade their cultivation quickly, control them and steal cultivation from peak martial artists. He helps Xu Chui upgrade his cultivation.
    Meanwhile, Scarlet Mistress and Ye Moling decide to attack the Martial Alliance. The survivors decide to cooperate with Lu Sheng. He says that it is most likely that the group was betrayed and he has a way to root out traitors (control them with Yin network).
    Scarlet Mistress attacks the Martial Alliance and demolishes it. Lu Sheng decides that he needs resources to upgrade further and thinks of the map of precious materials that Li Shunxi left him.
    Suddenly, a voice speaks to MC. He identifies himself as from a group called Roaming Heart and summons a cultivation resource called Cloudsnake Rolling Corebead. It is a token of sincerity which the voice wants to use to cooperate with MC against Scarlet Mistress who possesses Red Dragon Tribulation. MC agrees and accepts it. Meanwhile, he decides to go to the Crimson Whale Sect's prison to steal the cultivation of the prisoners. His cultivation rises to 700 years.
    MC kills everyone except a woman called Zhao Jiaojiao, who he implants with the Yin Nework to control and sends her out to get treasures from the map marked by Li Shunxi. MC sends out Xu Chui to capture martial artists as prisoners for him to steal energy from. Meanwhile, Scarlet Mistress completely destroys Martial Alliance and thinks of attacking further targets. She is afraid of attacking Crimson Whale Sect and pissing off Shangyang family behind.
    MC decides to unify all other martial factions with the Crimson Whale Sect as head, and grant top martial artists the Yin Network to help them combat ghosts. Meanwhile, Roaming Heart grants him two more Cloudsnake Rolling Corebeads in exchange for participating in the ambush on Scarlet District Mistress after two weeks on the Jiuhua Festival. They also give MC a token to give to Umbrella Girl which will weaken Scarlet Mistress.
    Xu Chui has captured many martial artists, MC steals their cultivation. After this, he puts on a mask and attacks martial sects of Donglin city. A week later, he has attacked many martial artists and upgraded his cultivation. He goes to check on Chen Yunxi and realizes she has been marked for some reason by Scarlet Mistress. The mark is weak and basically only because she was curious about her.
    More time passes. Scarlet Mistress has been slaughtering villages to refine Red Dragon Tribulation. MC has reached 900 years of cultivation and is only a small distance away from fusing Yin-Yang.  Zhao Jiaojiao who MC sent to retrieve treasures returned with a big one: Four-foot Dragon lizard. MC treats it to remove poison and eats it whole raw. 
    With it, MC fuses together the Yin and Yang cultivation without using Dark Blue. He enters a new realm of martial arts with it. The date for ambushing Scarlet Mistress arrives, MC uses Dark Blue to upgrade Yang Extreme Mode to lv.3.
    When Umbrella Girl and Scarlet Mistress are travelling, they are ambushed by four giants and a tiger head person. When Scarlet Mistress kills the giants tiger head nearly kills her, Umbrella Girl is controlled by Lu Sheng to ambush her. After that, when MC appears to finish her off, Ye Lingmo appears to parry. MC reveals his new form that is covered by mirror-like armor and blocks him. The Scarlet Mistress and Ye Lingmo team up on him, but MC easily slaughters Ye Lingmo. Scarlet Mistress gives herself up to the Red Dragon Tribulation and awakens even more power to match MC. MC still easily defeats her. After that, he attacks Umbrella Girl for some reason and nearly kills her. Scarlet Mistress moves to block by grabbing Umbrella Girl and MC's Yin-Yang technique's attack kills them together. After that, he loots their corpses.
    Meanwhile, some peace arrives as two Snake-level masters (Scarlet Mistress and Ye Lingmo) are dead. Shangyang Jiuli breakthroughs to Snake level and MC gains more info about Nobleman cultivation levels. With that, she is returning to her family, she leaves after giving MC a token for summoning her. Scarlet Mistress's seal on Chen Yunxi disappeared after her death. MC makes contact with remnants of Martial Alliance and gives them yin network, planning to harvest it after a few years. Meanwhile, somehow one of the treasures MC looted from Scarlet Mistress gives birth to a little girl who is a fusion of Umbrella Girl and Scarlet Mistress and has their dual personalities. Since she is pretty harmless and MC is curious about Anomalies, MC keeps her around. He begins with interrogating Umbrella Girl's personality about a book he found in the battle.
    MC then makes an agreement with Scarlet Mistress personality to help her increase her power in exchange for more info. He retrieved the Giant's Eyes and the corpses of Sarlet Mistress, Umbrella Girl and Ye Lingmo. Scarlet Mistress convinces MC to leave her corpse untouched in exchange for a puppet control technique. After that, they have a conversation about secret arts. 
    Finally, MC realizes that a new Anomaly is a approaching threat, having killed the City Lord of a city called Ye Hongnan.