Coiling Dragon - The return of the Grandmist

Hi there I finish reading CD two weeks ago and I had the existential crisis and you know feel pity for grandpa Dohering, so I decided to make a fanfic about Linley returning his mind to the time when he found the ring (Similar to TDG) so this time he can save everyone including Cecily because Cesar is a good fella

There are spoilers ahead and some references to Stellar Transformations so if you are still reading CD to read this will be a bad idea

-Lin Meng are you sure about this? You can just create a clone with his memories.-

-I know but that wouldn’t be the real him, this is the only way to revive him.-

Hong Meng still want to persuade Lin Meng to remain but he still nods.

-Fine but I need to warn you… even if you will maintain all your memories and insights you will be weak, only by reaching the saint level the cosmos will recognize you and once again regain your status as a highgod and as a paragon.-

-Hahaha I’m aware of that but still I’m pretty sure that  even as a rank one warrior I will be able to make use of the laws at least as a weakened version of them, after all I didn’t train for eight hundred thousand years to finally fuse all mysteries of the profound laws.-

-…Very well give me the item I will use to perform the temporal regression technique.-

Then Lin Meng took out the coiling dragon ring and gave it to Hong Meng.

-You know that I can’t send you before you bound this ring right?-

-Yes brother Hong but still I beg you to do it.- Said Lin Meng while bowing.

A little kid with an injured head was lying in the bed, after some time the kid begin to move.

-Why my head hurts so badly?- But then Lin Meng get excited because only now he remembered this was the first time that he saw Grandpa Dohering and as he slowly opened his eyes, after eight hundred thousand years finally heard him again.

-Hello, kiddo. My name is Doehring Cowart. I am a Saint-level Grand Magus of the Pouant Empire!” The amiable looking old man said with a smile.-

-Hello, my name is Lin Men… Linley Baruch.-

Doehring Cowart was slightly startled because this six year old kid wasn’t surprised by his appearing in the least but he still smiled.

-Grand… Sir Doehring I need to tell you something… your Pouant empire was destroyed over five thousand years ago.-

-Over five thousand years ago?- Doehring Cowart was momentarily stunned, and then let out a sigh. -There’s no way for me to sense the passing of time from within the Worldring. I didn’t expect that by the time I left the Worldring, over five thousand years would have passed since the destruction of my country.-

After some seconds of silence Doehring continued.

-Well kiddo I’ll tell you the ring you wear next to your chest is the divine artifact I once used – “The Worldring!”-

Hahaha Linley started to laugh surprising Doehring.

-Well this isn’t a divine artifact at all… this is a Soul protecting sovereign artifact left by my ancestors.-

-…Sovereign artifact? By your ancestors?- Asked Doehring in disbelief.

-Yes haha and I renamed it to Coiling dragon ring… well at least if you agree with it.-

-Of course of course since it’s a heirloom of your ancestors I have nothing to say.-

And after several minutes like last time Linley asked.

-Since your name is Doehring Cowart can I address you as Grandpa Doehring?-

-Yes, yes.- Doehring Cowart felt extremely happy.

-Grandpa… I need to ask can you teach me magic?- Linley said trying to appear innocence.-

-Linley, your Grandpa Doehring is a Saint-level Grand Magus. Even if you don’t have much natural talent, I can still teach you magic. Of course…if your talent is low, your accomplishments will be low as well.-

-Can you assess me to see if I have talent in magic?- Linley said again faking innocence.

-Of course I can.- Said Grandpa Doehring proudly. –But I can just assess you on earth magic.-

-Ok Grandpa let’s start!-

-Come, let’s begin the test of the strength of your elemental affinities. Sit down with legs crossed, close your eyes, and enter a meditative state.- Doehring Cowart said gently.

The Linley close his eyes.

-Just carefully try and see what you can sense, and whenever you sense something, just tell me.-

But even before Doehring Cowart started Linley told him something that stupefied him.

-Grandpa why I can sense many multy-colored specks? Green, earthy, blue and red-

-… What are you talking about?-

Then Linley opened his eyes –I can sense many specks of different colors, Is that bad?-

-…No… is not bad at all… but… you’re not in meditative state yet you can feel them?-

-Yes grandpa.-

After pondering some time Doehring told Linley: -Extraordinary affinity not just on earth element… even on water, fire and air.-

Linley was trying to contain his laughter because he already knew that his soul and mind were connected so even in this time he was still a soul-mutate and already mastered the profound laws to the paragon level on all four elements.

-Grandpa then I will be an extraordinary magus?-

Doehring was pondering about the extraordinary talent of Linley but his words awake him and he start to speak.

-This test is a two-part test let’s hope you have a high spiritual energy so let’s beg…-

But even before he finish he was completely stupefied! Because he discovered that Linley have a Spiritual energy a hundred and sixty times greater than someone his age.

And Linley finally burst out in laughter, after a long time he stopped and told Doehring to not worry.

After the dinner with his family he asked Hillman and his father to stay because he need to tell them something important.

-What is it son?- Asked Hogg.

-Father, uncle Hillman I need to tell you about mother’s situation.

When they heard the topic of this discussion both became deathly pale but the focus to the words of Linley.

-I already know that mother was abducted…-

-…How do you know Linley?- Asked Hogg with a solemn expression.

-I know a lot of things father.- At this moment Linley is no longer acting like a six year old kid but as himself.

-I know that Count Patterson abducted my mother… moreover I know that there are two major powers behind him… the king of Fenlai Clayde who ordered it, and the Radiant Church that offer mother’s soul to the light sovereign to transform her into a twelve winged angel.- He said calmly.

-What?!?- Both Hogg and Hillman cry out in unison.

-I just want to ask you father for one thing… don’t pursue this matter because I’ll kill Patterson, Clayde and utterly destroy the radiant church, I just need time to reach the saint-level and then I’ll be able to do it.-

After a long silence Hogg finally talked.

-Linley I ignore how do you obtained this information but… you alone can’t destroy the radiant church or kill the king Clayde… even if you reach the saint-level, that’s because the radiant church have many saint-level combatants.-

-I know this father but remember that we are from the Redding clan!-

-…Redding clan? What are you talking about?-

-Father we’re just a branch from this Redding clan, have you ever wondered about the whereabouts of our saint-level ancestors? They went a long time ago to the infernal realm due to the death of our most powerful ancestor!-

Even if Hogg believe in his son about his wife’s destiny because he knew about count Patterson this time he has nothing to believe in him about the Redding clan so he thought about his injured head and begin to consider this as some hallucinations.

-Hillman please take Linley to his room, he is in no condition to be running and playing for the moment.-

-Yes.-

Then Hillman approach to Linley but when he was some centimeters away from Linley he disappeared, Linley used the Worldwalking, right now because he already fused every mystery of the profound laws of the earth and became a paragon, even if he is not a rank one warrior nor a rank one magus he can still move about a hundred meters through the worldwalking technique.

-Father please believe me I’m not hallucinating.-

Even if the movement of Linley surprised Hillman and Hogg they were still doubting so Hillman tried to take Linley again but this time Linley use the Strength mystery to remain in place but due to his lacking power he was about the same strength as Hillman but still managed to resist.

-Father as you see I am not just a normal kid I know about this thing I just told you.- Linley said resolutely.

After pondering a little Hogg answered.

-If this is like that tell me how do you know?-

-For the time being I can’t tell you father I’m sorry but when the time is right I’ll tell you.-

At the dinner time to prevent Doehring to know about his proficiency on the laws of earth he took off the Coiling dragon ring and leave it in his room but after some time Linley got back.

-Grandpa I’m back!-

-Sure you are Linley… do you want me to start your training as a magus?-

-Not yet grandpa I want to sculpt first can I?-

This arouse Doehring interest –Of course you can, as a matter of fact I have even a sculpting technique that will allow you to advance in the magus path while sculpting!- Said Doehring proudly.

-Sorry grandpa I already have a technique it’s named the Straight chisel school!-

Doehring frown for a while because he never taught this to anyone so in theory nobody knew about this technique but this kid in front of him just claimed that he use this technique, but after pondering for a while he deduced that it must be a little different from his.

-Ok let’s see your ability kiddo.-

Then they went out to the forest near the town in search for some big rocks, and meanwhile Doehring was again stupefied because the speed of Linley was on par to a rank six warrior, he was trying to figure out why a six year old kid seems to be an absolute expert.

-I think this one is perfect!- Said Linley while touching a nine meters tall, seven meters wide rock.

-I’ll begin grandpa.- And without waiting for an answer he begin to sculpt.

“This kid… this is really my straight chisel school how can this kid possibly know it… and even his expertise is so high.”

Thanks to the comprehension of the profound laws of earth Linley’s skill was on a extremely high level, right now even Proulx was like a rookie compared with Linley.

This time Linley entered in some sort of special state… it was the same as the time he made the “Awakening of the dream” statue but there was a difference, because that time the special state was triggered by sorrow and pain from losing Alice but this time was triggered by the Joy of not allow his grandpa to die again, the whole sculpture was even bigger but it took roughly the same time as “Awakening of the dream”, this sculpture had some people that Dohering didn’t recognize, it was himself, Delia, Taylor, Sasha, Wade, Wharton, Linley, Bebe, Nisse, Ina and Beirut.

-Linley… this is… my straight chisel school… but how do you know it?-

This time Linley stop  pretending and start acting like himself again.

-You taught me grandpa… I am a time traveler… well not exactly… some years in the future I was attacked by the radiant church… at that time to protect me you use the Heavenly Meteor Descent exhausting your very soul… after that I trained hard and finally became someone at the very peak but still I couldn’t revive you so with the help of my brother Hong Meng I managed to send my soul to the time I bounded the Coiling dragon ring, to save you and many others.-

-… I find it hard to believe but your abilities are far higher than someone of your age and even know my straight chisel school… if you reached the peak of power then… you reached deity level?- Asked curiously

Linley started to laugh -I think you’re talking about the demigod level grandpa… the deity rank have three further stages: demigod, god and highgod but after that there is an even higher rank the sovereign level, further there is the exalted celestial level and finally… well that’s to far off from now.-

-… Hahahaha I wanted to take you as my disciple but it seems it’s me the one that needs a master… it’s truly a shame because now I can’t train even if I have someone like you.- Doehring said depressingly.

-Well as a matter of fact that’s not true, I think right now you can count as a loose immortal so you can still train, since you still have your spiritual energy at the saint-level if you reach the demigod level you can reform your body out of divine energy.-

-Are you sure?-

-Not completely since this is a smaller cosmos you can’t form a jindan but maybe the coiling dragon ring can be used as a substitute.-

-Jindan?-

-It’s something as a magicite core.-

-I don’t really know what are you talking about but… I can sense that you aren’t lying so it’s worth a try!-

---------------------------

This is the first chapter I hope you like it (somethings were changed for the purpose of this story) (Sorry if i have mistakes english is not my mother language so)

Comments

• Well, this is getting interesting. Im looking forward to where your heading with this story :smile: 
  • This is not a simple fanfiction that will follow the original story but it will be a complete mess hahahaha

Etkies I hope you support me acoss the whole story thanks for your comment

Chapter 2 – The first exalted celestial

Three days after Linley returned to his young body Hong Meng felt some disturbances in his cosmos so he found out that a six-seven year old kid was showing a saint-level ghost the profound truths of earth, moreover he can easily tell that this laws already reached perfection!

Even for a grandmist controller he was surprised because he tought that was imposiblle to reach the paragon level under a million years.

(Since the technique was executed by Hong Meng and Lin Meng jointly even this era Hong Meng can’t tell he was a time traveller)

He felt that something was amiss so he tried to sense this kid’s fate but to his surprise he can’t this mean that he has a chance to become a grandmist controller, at first he tought that killing this kid and unraveling his secrets was the irght thing to do but now that he knew about this he was reluctant.

-This cosmos…. Even if it’s stability is not right I’ll need someone to be close to him… after all I myself can’t do it… if the grandmist touch him he will vaporize… I need to cultivate an exalted celestial.-

Chapter 3 – A Thousand and tewnty four patterns

During the last few days Linley was showing Doehring some uses of the profound laws of earth since he can’t teach them clearly to someone else.

-Even if the coiling dragon ring serve as your jindan this is unexpected… probably I need to repair it before you can fully use it as a substitute… your training speed is just so-so.-

-Well you said that a peerless genius need at least ten years to reach the demigod level I needed many years to reach the saint-level so I’m not even close to that level.-

-That’s true but since I’m actively using the ring as a chanel to use the profound laws your speed should be faster, in theory just a year would be needed.

-We can’t rush it Linley remember that.-

-You’re right grandpa… well let’s go to feed Bebe.-

Even if the target of this rebirth is to save Doehring he also want to lessen the burdens of his family and friends, this time he will make Dillon and Rudy suffer some time before Beirut reveal that Bebe’s parents were killed by them.

Today Linley and Bebe were playing as usual but after some time he received some news from Hiri.

-Linley I need to tell you something.-

-Of course grandpa Hiri what is it?-

-... Your father…-

At this moment Linley’s pupils contracted because he already guessed the situation but still remain silent.

-Your fathe went to kill duke Patterson with the help of Hillman.-

-Why they did that?- Asked Linley with a solemn expression.

-After you told them about your mother’s fate they reached the conclussion that in order to protect you they needed to take some precautions.-

After this Linley stop playing with Bebe and revealed an expression he didn’t had during more than seven hundred thoiusand years it was a boundless killing intent.

He bid farewell and then he start a journey to the Duke Patterson’s mansion, but this time he was using some profound techniques that not even in the higher planes was known, last time Reisgem accidentally revealed the secret behind his innate hability, 108 patterns that synergise giving him his peculiar hability, when Linley created his own cosmos he discovered that in fact there were 1024 patterns and instictively he knew the right variations to make diferent effects.

This time around he was using a certain way to improve his speed with the profound thruths of velocity, his speed increased arround 85% so he was somewhat faster than a seventh rank warrior.

-Linley… you need to calm down, if the opponent is a Duke if you go you will die.-

-So… I will remain here and do nothing?-

This question made Doehring to realize that this was not an option so he remained silent.

-Don’t worry grandpa if I go all out only a ninth rank combatant and above can supress me, right now I look like a kid, if I sneak attack them taking advantage of this I will decimate them!-

• Thanks for making this!
  • edited July 2017
    Thanks!  Make the words moar longer!  :D
  • Chapter 4 -  No longer Immortal

Linley was rushing at full speed to the Duke Patterson’s mansion, he only needed some days travel and he didn’t need to rest or to eat since his skills now were at a level where he can even create his own energy without drawing it from the world.

After some days he finally arrived only to see his father and Hillman without arms and totally immobilized this was a terrifying sight that made Linley’s heart tremble, right now he was burning with killing intent towards duke Patterson but he only used his divine sense (Here the divine sense as long as he can comprehend it he can use it so right now his divine sense is at the sovereign level but limited to a hundred meters in Yulan plane so the quality is the highest but his power not that much)

He discovered that both his father and Hillman were barely alive, before he could decide what course of action take Patterson got out of his mansion protected by many seventh rank warriors and a eight rank magus.

-Hmm you lowly beings dared to come and try to assassinate me? Fat chance!- Duke Patterson said while he was kicking Hogg.

-Duke when they will be executed?- Asked a guard.

-Hmmm after three days and three nights starting tomorrow they will be beheaded! They are mere sixth rank warriors but they will manage to survive until then.- Said the duke with contempt.

After that they turned around and entered their mansion Linley was listening through his divine sense trying to remain calm but this was too difficult, because this time he didn’t want to anyone close to him or his friend to suffer but right now both his father and Hillman were on the verge of death!

After a long time he managed to calm himself down so he begin to think about the best course of action here because a single mistake can led them to their demise.

-If I try with a distraction I might be able to take them away before they notice me… but I’m not sure that I can deal with the guards by their sides.-

-Linley I can help you but I need to know your exact power level beforehand.-

-…Yes you’re right grandpa… at least I can instacast every spell but their power will be limited to a peak sixth rank magus at best, if I make some preparations my spells power will be at the eight rank initial stage.

-I see what about your physical prowess?-

-My speed will be around the seventh warrior rank middle stage at best, about my strength sixth rank warrior will be no problem maybe a peak sixth warrior’s-

-Just that?- Doehring was surprised because earlier Linley told him that if going all out only a ninth rank or above was enough to suppress him.-

As reading Doehring’s thoughts he laugh and answered his untold questions.

-It’s because my experience grandpa, I know very well how to perfectly merge my skills to give the best results.- He said confidently.

-Well now I understand… do you have an special skill? Something like a one hit kill skill?-

-…Yes! But… I’m afraid that right now I’m to weak to use it… if I put my life on the line im only 50% sure that I can execute it!-

-I see so this is our last resource!-

-Grandpa… I won’t take you to battle!-

-Why?- Asked Doehring with a somewhat complicated expression.

-Because last time you died protecting me… I’m no longer an immortal so I’m afraid that… if I face a life-threatening danger you’ll take action, I don’t want you to die again grandpa.-

-… But Linley…- Doehring watching Linley’s face had a heartache even if he know Linley for just some days he can somewhat guess their former relationship and even begin to appreciate him as a grandson. (yes even if Linley is many times older than him)

Sorry about the short chapters but my main project (My own book) is the most important along with university and work so...

• Thanks for the new chapter
  • Thanks
  • Chapter 5 – Tribulation!

Linley and Doehring were pondering about this matter and they came up with the most simple of plans.

-If I use the profound mysteries of music to distract them and led them to the other side of the mansion I might take down the guards- Linley said solemnly.

-I don’t think you need to take them down if your gravity field is as great as you said, there’s an opportunity to seize them without a fight.- Doehring said trying to keep Linley safe.

-Is possible but when the manage to escape with my actual speed I’m unable to run away from them with both my father and Hillman, To take them down is a must!.-

-But later the mansion guards will tail you even if you manage to escape the guards of your father, have you thought that?-

-Yes but with a repulsive field and the initial advantage I’m sixty percent sure I can run away.-

-…Just sixty? Just one misstep and you’ll die for sure Linley!.-

-Hahahaha is not as it’s my first time in a bad situation, I need to go all out if I want to survive however… I don’t know if I’m strong enough to save them.- After this his expression sank.

-Linley… can you somehow ask for help?-

-…I already thought that but right now… Beirut is the only one that can help me but as a sovereign I don’t think he’ll mind me if not for Bebe.-

-I see… when will you attack?-

-Today midnight… if I can spare them some suffering everything will worth it!-

They were nearly a day away from midnight but for both of them it was like a whole year, yet finally it was the appointed time, Linley was waiting there in silence until the mansion sounds died, then he began his mission, but something unexpected happened.

-It’s been some time since I lashed someone personally, this assassins can still be of utility.-Said Patterson ruthlessly.

And even before Linley could react he lashed his father’s face mercilessly, it left a huge bloody mark from the superior right side to the neck.
    This sight shook Linley, even if he is already a universe creator at this sight of his father being lashed enraged him to the point of insanity.

Without caring of his own safety he jumped out of his hiding place.

-You killed my father and you’re also responsible of my mother’s death Patterson, but in this lifetime ten thousand deaths are not enough for you!-

-… A kid?..- After this Patterson and even some guards burst out in laughter, a mere kid threatening them? What a joke.

But before they could stop their laughter Linley rushed to the guards at the sides of his father and Hillman, then he gently touched their chests afterwards they died on the spot.

This scene left everyone dumbfounded, even Doehring was no exception, they were two eighth rank warrior yet with one move they easily died, moreover a mere kid did that!

Linley touch their chests and then he exerted gravity field on their hearts imploding them, but this was a one time ace because once the opponent uses battle qi to protect themselves Linley would be unable to use gravity field inside his opponents body.

-Damned kid die!- A mansion guard shouted in anger.

But before he could move, Linley used worlwalking to get close to him, and with a simple blade of grass and the profound truths of velocity and the profound truths of strenght he managed to barely cut his throat.

And just like that three eighth rank warriors died, to a kid’s hands, due to this the remaining guards and Patterson himself didn’t dare to relax their defenses even for a moment.

But in this moment, something unbelievable happened, six Linleys appeared out of the blue, this was the shadowshape doppelganger!

As a grandmist controller he reached a profound understanding of every law, that was of course compared to a saint, so even now he could not reach the demigod level but he can use most of the techniques to a low degree.

But even with this he was outnumbered by stronger oponents.

-Who are you kid?- Asked Patterson from a higher ground.

Having heard this Linley’s killing intent rose again, but he was being supressed so he couldn’t even answer back.

Facing the lack of answer Patterson remained calm. –Well it doesn’t matter you’ll be dead soon boy!- And in a second without hesitation, he released his killer attack.

-I have no choice!- Linley had to use something he was unwilling because this will bring a terrifying tribulation!

-Profound laws of time!- In a moment the world froze, and without losing time he rushed to save his father and Hillman, in a split of a second he was already several meters away, even though this took time to describe in fact this only took about a tenth of a second before the effect run out.

Everyone was lost due to Linley’s sudden disappearance, but sure enough they were experienced fighters they regained their senses swiftly, but Linley was not in a position to care about them because right at that moment cloud began to gather above him!

-RUN!- He shouted and in a split of a second he produced a great amount of life energy and pour them onto their bodies, then used the worldwalking technique to get far away from his father and Hillman.

In just a second he was between Patterson and his men, and just in time because right now the lightning of the tribulation came down!

Sorry for the long wait my exams were merciless and then I was struck by a terrifying flu tribulation hahaha hope you enjoyed the chapter