Looking for a novel with nice/merciful MC

In most of the novels I have read on this (and similar) sites the MC (as well as pretty much the rest of the cast) is pretty ruthless and very proud of it. And while that was entertaining to read the first few times I have slowly but surely become more than a bit tired of it and thus wondered if there were a story that had a "nicer" MC. He/She doesn't need to be a pushover or the reincarnation of mother Teresa, just something a bit nicer than the typical "kill everybody and their family who looks at me strangely" character.

Is there a story/character like this or is this a too big of a departure from the genre? 

And since I already started this thread - are there any Wuxia or Xianxia stories with a female MC? Seems like that too would make for an interesting and different read...

Comments

• edited July 2017
    lord Xue Ying
  • Once upon a time there was a spirit sword mountain. Mc is from an actual good sect and he isn't arrogant and is a nice character 
  • souldz25 said:
    lord Xue Ying

Once upon a time there was a spirit sword mountain. Mc is from an actual good sect and he isn't arrogant and is a nice character 

Thanks, I will check them out.
  • Child of Light? 
  • Female MC Wuxia/Xianxia: [Note, MC's aren't particularly nice in these novels. Pretty ruthless and cunning, but only against those that plot against them.]
    Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss
    Insanely Pampered Wife: Divine Doctor Fifth Young Miss
    Prodigiously Amazing Weaponsmith
    The Demonic King Chases his Wife: The Rebellious Good for Nothing Miss

If you're looking for nicer MC's, Japanese Light Novels usually have them. And yes, Wuxia and Xianxia usually revolve around cultivation, which isn't actually fun to read about. The cliche is that some evil dudes come to bother MC, and they have to kill the evil dudes to level up, so they seem ruthless. Most of the novels on WW are "kill evildoers, or retaliate against those that offend you". Not quite sure how nice you want your MC's?
  • *Shifty Eyes* Warlock of The Magus World. *Cough* Yeaaahhh, totally trust me. He's suuuppppeerrrr nice. *Shifty eyes* *Cough-Cough* >_> <_< v_v ^_^ >_> <_<
  • I think that "Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang" is the most fittest novel with yours criteria.
    Is the story about a spirit stone who live near the the river in the underworld who fell in love with the god of war at first sight and followed him in his tribulation in the mortal world for tree lives.
    there is even "My disciple Died yet Again" in which the mc is a female transigrator who died again and again...
    Good reading time!!!

• A will Eternal (AWE)
    The MC is a mercifull disaster
  • Child of light MC is only ruthless when he has to be and otherwise hates killing.