Coiling Dragon Special Chapter - KuroiIkazuchi Edition!

edited October 2015 in Fanfiction

The Forgotten Wind Clone - 

The Skyrite Mountains, deep within the Yulan branch sect's gorge.

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh...

A low pitched humming sound is constantly ringing out from Linley's residence. A constant steam of violet blurs are frequently lashing out, tearing through space itself. Each time Bloodviolet swipes through the air, ghastly scars are left behind.

"Hmm... It's getting close..." Linley's body finally stopped moving as his eyes flashed with excitement.

During the last few decades, Linley has been devoting almost all his time to training. Ever since the Four Divine Beasts Clan has began to hide themselves within the mountain range, Linley has felt particularly motivated to increase his own power.

Although his insights into laws of earth far outweigh the other laws, Linley has made a special point to only progress in wind while fusing the profound mysteries.

Twenty years after Bebe and Ninny's wedding, Linley has finally reached the final stages in fusing the profound mysteries of 'slow', 'fast', 'sound', and 'music'. When gaining insights into the fusion of these four profound mysteries, Linley has admittedly felt rather embarrassed at his lack of progress up until this point.

In fact, the laws of wind that Linley has gained insights into up until this point just happened to be completely suited for fusion.

Taking a deep breath, Linley focused his entire conscious on Bloodviolet. 

"Like...This..."

Bloodviolet ripped open the air as it formed a crescent moon, arcing out from Linley's body. Wherever the sword blade past, a faint hum could be heard constantly fluctuating, sometimes fast, sometimes slow.

A brilliant smile grew on Linley's face concluding his most recent test swing.

"Right! That's it!"

Linley swung a few more times, getting the rhythm of the swing down.

A few minutes later, Bebe's playful voice rang out, "Boss! What attack was that? It seemed so powerful!"

Turning to face the playful youngster wearing his trademark straw hat, Linley laughed, "Haha, Bebe, your boss has really made a great breakthrough this time!"

Giving a vague answer, Linley smiled, waiting to hear Bebe's complaints.

On cue, Bebe frowned, "Breakthrough? Have you finally become...Eh, no.. Your not a highgod yet. Could it be you've fused some profound mysteries?"

Beaming, Linley replied, "Right! I've actually just managed to fuse the profound mysteries of 'fast', 'slow', 'sound', and 'music'!"

Bebe's eyes widened and his jaw couldn't help but drop.

"All four?"

Linley nodded happily.

His breakthrough just now rewarded him with an entirely new attack. Formed from four profound mysteries of the laws of wind, he called his new attack, 'Crescent Tempos of Sound'.

Bebe's lips curved upwards, he felt truly happy for Linley anytime he made a breakthrough.

His curiosity getting the best of him, Bebe raised an eyebrow inquiring, "Boss, you've managed to fuse four laws of wind.. How does the power of your wind clone compare to your earth clone now?"

Linley tilted his head, pondering for a moment.

"Although I won't know for certain without testing it out, I'd have to say my wind clone is definitely on par with my earth clone now!" Linley's voice carried a special kind of pride.

Despite only having fused three laws of earth, the special gravitational space he picked up from the Amethyst Mountains made up for the difference of one fused law.

Bebe folded his arms, nodding, "To be expected of my boss. Actually having reached the seven-star fiend level in two different sets of laws..."

As Linley and Bebe stood in his residence's courtyard chatting, another person quietly observed from above the gorge.

Emanuel's cold eyes gazed down at Linley, deep hatred still firmly gleaming in his eyes. Even after so many decades, Emanuel's hatred hasn't subsided even a tiny margin. Rather, as time has flowed on his hatred has grown several levels. Spending every day watching Linley live a happy life amongst his friends and family, Emanuel's heart has completely frosted over.

He hated him to the bone. The enmity between them has long since become irreconcilable.

"Linley seems to have made a breakthrough. That sword crescent seems abnormally powerful." Emanual sighed, thinking to himself.

"Father's acquaintance from back then should be here soon, I've better get going." Emanual took one last glance at Linley, then flew off towards his own residence.

Inside Emanuel's residence, two days later.

"Emanuel, tell me, how exactly did your father pass away?" A black robed ancient looking man frowned, asking Emanuel with a cold voice.

Emanuel's body trembled. Just the voice of this black robed man seemed to plunge itself into his soul, strangling him.

Taking a deep breath, Emanuel bowed explaining, "Elder Guen, my father was killed by an elder of my own Azure Dragon Clan!"

Elder Guen is a Purgatory Commander of the Jadefloat Continent. He just so happened to have a good relationship with Forhan several million years ago. When Forhan learned that Linley had managed to survive the attacks of the Eight Great Clan's elders, he immediately sent word to this acquaintance of his, cashing in his lone favor.

Glancing sideways and Emanuel's cowering figure, Guen sighed, "Rise child. Tell me about this elder."

Emanuel's face brightened instantly and he quickly described what had happened between himself, Linley, and his father. Albeit, the details drastically changed from the truth. 

Guen's face changed slightly, "Emanuel, from what you've told me, this elder Linley is a seven star fiend whom possesses a soul protecting sovereign artifact as well as multiple drops of sovereigns might... To kill him for you.. Is difficult!!!" 

Emanuel hesitated, yet through away his face and plunged to the ground begging, "Elder Guen! You are an exalted Purgatory Commander who has trained in the laws of death for millions of years, if even you cannot avenge my father, who can?"

Tears streaking from his eyes, blotching the ground, he added, "Can it be I, Emanuel, have to live with this shame for the rest of my life?!"

Guen's wrinkled face distorted, he really owed Forhan an immense favor. Several millions of years ago, when he was still a saint, Forhan happened upon him in a dire situation and directly saved his life.

Sighing, he moved to lift Emanuel's body.

"Child, although it's difficult, I didn't say it's impossible!" Guen's eyes revealed a crafty luster.

In truth, Guen had managed to advance extremely far in the edicts of death. Among the supreme experts in his field, he could be said to be in the top fifty.

Emanuel's tears dried yet he lowered his head, not daring to overstep his boundaries.

"In order to kill Linley..." Guen's voice cracked the silence, "I will have to use a drop of sovereigns might. Not only that, I will have to take a risk, exposing my trump card."

Looking down at Emanuel's curious eyes, Guen softly laughed explaining, "Emanuel, seven star fiends will usually have a drop of sovereign's might as a trump card, right?"

Emanuel nodded.

"Then, what do you suppose Asuras and Purgatory Commanders have as trump cards?" Guen asked, but didn't expect an answer.

After a short pause, he continued, "A powerful clone!"

Emanuel's face changed a few times, yet he seemed to understand. Digesting Guen's words for a few moments, he inquired, "A powerful clone.. Then you mean, you have a second body at the seven star fiend level or higher?"

Guen smiled, neither confirming nor denying it.

A cold sneer appeared on Emanuel's face as he thought to himself, "Father... This time for sure... We'll have Linley pay his debt in full."

A month passed.

During this time, Emanuel and Guen have been considering various ways to execute Linley without being discovered by the forces of the clan. 

The two of them sat in Emanuel's residence's courtyard around a stone table, warm cups of tea in hand.

"Elder Guen, I still say we should make a play to kidnap someone close to Linley, drawing him out this way.." Emanuel's tired voice broke the eerie atmosphere.

Shaking his head, Guen replied, "No. Linley would certainly request assistance in that event. From the various schemes I've come up with, I still keep coming back to the same one. I still say it's best to wait for an opportunity to present itself. Sometimes, it's best to endure."

Although Emanuel had a hard time accepting it, he had no place to argue. He could only lower his head and agree.

"Emanuel, don't be too disheartened. To us deities, what is a few thousand years? Be patient." Guen gave an awkward smile, then closed his eyes while sipping on his cup of tea.

Meanwhile, within the Yulan branch's gorge a savory aroma is spreading throughout Linley's residence.

Delia and Linley are seated together at small table poking at a golden brown meat. After taking a big bite, Linley's eyes widened and happily mumbled amidst his chewing, "Mmm..De..lia....This..Is..So good..."

Delia slightly blushed, biting into a small piece of meat as well. Closing her eyes, she savored the flavor for several seconds before swallowing. 

Suddenly, a loud voice sounded from the sky above the gorge, "Elder Linley! You have a visitor!"

Linley frowned, glancing at the food still steaming on table.

Delia laughed, noticing Linley's disappointment.

"Go ahead, I'll make more later." She reassured Linley as he walked towards the door.

Soaring into the air, the silhouette of an Azure Dragon guard came into view. The guard noticed Linley as well, flying down to meet him.

Bowing, the guard reported, "Elder Linley, the Grand Elder has summoned you to Bloodbath Gorge."

"The Grand Elder? What could she want?" Linley couldn't help but frown as he wondered to himself. Despite his hesitation, Linley smiled and thanked the guard before flying towards the gorge.

It must be noted, from the Yulan Branch to the Bloodbath Gorge, a distance of several thousand kilometers must be traveled. Although this distance is nothing for a god at Linley's level, it still takes several minutes to traverse. 

About halfway through his journey, Linley passed over the Azure Dragon Palace. Just at this time, two figures could be seen exiting the palace together, deep in conversation.

"Elder Guen, our Patriarch has truly taken a liking to you. To think he even asked you to continue living here... He must have some sort of misunderstanding, hahaha..." Emanuel and Guen were flying out of the Azure Dragon Palace together after meeting with Gislason.

Guen chuckled softly, replying in a cold tone, "Indeed, if I didn't owe your father a favor, I wouldn't be here in the first place. I have no interest in joining the war, especially not the loosing side."

Emanuel's face displayed a hint of contempt for a moment, yet quickly recovered and smiled while nodding his head.

As Emanuel started to open his mouth to voice words of support, Guen suddenly stopped, raising his head to look at the sky above. Guen's sudden stop came as a surprise to Emanuel, but he noticed Guen's gaze and followed it to see Linley's figure flying at high speed through the air.

"Linley!!" Emanuel couldn't help but exclaim.

Guen frowned, "So it really is him..." He had noticed the man flying above and had been quite startled. 

This was because that figure was flying almost as fast as he could, despite being just a god!

In fact, if it was a few months earlier, Linley's speed wouldn't have reached its current level. It wasn't until he managed to fuse four Profound Mysteries of the Wind that his speed made a qualitative jump to its current state.

Without a word, Guen's body blurred as he chased after Linley in broad daylight. Although Guen's decision to pursue startled Emanuel, he nevertheless quickly chased after him. Linley's impending doom was too attractive for him to miss.

Linley's mind was busy pondering why Grand Elder had summoned him and he didn't even notice Guen's figure rapidly approaching. As a precaution, Linley had both his earth and wind clones with him. After all, he could not be considered to be on good terms with the Grand Elder.

Still several tens of kilometers from Bloodbath Gorge, the hair on Linley's back suddenly stood up.

"Danger!!" Linley's entire body tensed as he instantly dragonformed, turning to see a dark silhouette chasing after him.

Linley could sense the powerful aura emitted by that black cloaked man. He instantly exclaimed in his heart, "Such a powerful expert!"

A piercing black streak of light suddenly burst from that man's eyes, screaming through the air towards Linley's head.

"The laws of death!" Linley's knowledge regarding the laws of death was extremely limited, but he still knew them when he saw them.

There wasn't any time to dodge. Even though Linley knew the black streak of light coming towards him was likely an extremely powerful soul attack, he couldn't do anything about it. He could only grit his teeth and accept it head on.

The black light pierced through Linley's body, directly into his soul.

Inside Linley's head, two black arrows of light crashed against the soul protecting membrane of the coiling dragon ring. His head buzzed as the membrane shoot slightly. The black arrows of light struggled for a moment before dissipating.

"Phew.." Linley let out a sigh of relief, turning his attention to the man now within a hundred yards of himself. Linley couldn't recognize the man, but that didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was the man had intentions to take his life! He even dared to make an attempt so boldly, attacking within the Skyrite Mountains.

Letting out a loud roar, Linley sent out his Blackstone Prison, instantly engulfing the black robed man inside.

Guen's body only faintly slowed down, yet his eyes widened and he inwardly exclaimed, "This gravity... I haven't felt such a powerful gravitational field since fighting with Reisgem.."

Despite Guen's speed only slightly dropping, it was still enough to bring it down to Linley's level. Linley's body rocketed towards Guen with a raised fist. As the two came together, Guen snorted coldly, sending a fist of his own towards Linley's.

It must be noted, Linley's fist contained the fused properties of the profound truths of 'Strength' and 'the Throbbing Pulse of the World'. His attack in his dragonform was even more powerful then most seven star fiends that specialized in material attacks.

Yet, here was an expert in the laws of death daring to meet his attack head on.

Linley was extremely startled. As their fists met, space twisted collapsing on itself, a dark void clearly visible.

"Ahh!!" Linley's arm shattered, dragon scales digging deep into his skin underneath.

Guen wasn't too much better off, his entire arm had been crushed. Yet he didn't seem surprised, nor worried. In fact, he had used his divine earth clone to probe Linley's strength.

His divine earth clone had fused the profound truths of 'Strength', 'Earth Essence', and 'Vitality'. For his arm to have been crushed despite fusing these three profound mysteries, Guen secretly exclaimed, "This Linley's body is terrifying, his fist only seemed to contain two profound mysteries and yet he could produce similar results to myself.."

The two separated, staring each other down for a moment.

Guen took advantage of this pause to ask Linley directly with his divine sense, "Linley, do you know why I've come here today and attacked you?"

Linley looked distracted.

Emanuel's figure could be seen flying towards them from behind Guen's back.

A cold smile seemingly appeared on Linley's dragonformed face.

"Originally I did not." He pointed past Guen's shoulder then continued, "However, Emanuel's presence speaks for you. I don't know why your helping him, but since you've decided to try and take my life today, you won't escape!"

A second Linley suddenly flew out, a violet light accompanying it.

Guen only heard a soft humming noise, his head going blank for a split second.

But that was all it took.

To be continued?!?!?

Comments

• must have more
  • If you got time try to do a sidestory from the yulan plane after linley left :P
  • edited July 2015
    The side story sounds close enough for me to believe that it is really a part of the original story, except for a few points. First, the dialogue needs to be polished a bit, because the lines Linley have doesn't sound like him at all. You're on point on how whiny Emmanuel is though. Also, fusing 4 mysteries of wind shouldn't be as strong as fusing 4 mysteries of earth, because there are a total of 9 mysteries for wind; whilst earth has 3 less. I think it got mentioned before, not sure what chapter exactly, that it's easier to fuse 2 mysteries of wind than any other element because of that fact it has more in total than the others?

Anyway, I think it's good that you made this, because based on what I heard, Emmanuel would be completely forgotten by IET after Forhan's death. Not sure though, so take what I said with a grain of salt.
  • edited July 2015
    Am I totally missing a major point? Linley has fused four earth mysteries? Pretty sure he's only fused three.
  • edited July 2015
    You are correct, so far he has fused 3 mysteries together while the 4th is only fused with throbbing pulse of the world.

Essence of Earth + Profound Mystery of Throbbing Pulse of the World + Profound Mystery of Gravitational Space 
    (Linley fused these 3 in the Amethyst mountains)

Profound Mystery of Strength + Profound Mystery of Throbbing Pulse of the World 
    (Linley fused these 2 during his stay in Skyrite mountains)
  • YDMYDM
    edited July 2015
    Hmm. A top 5 expert of the Infernal Realm is quite close to Paragon-level; the very top-tier of Asuras. Dealing with the average Asura for him would be simple, killing a 7 Star Fiend is child's play. It's like sending Dunnington or Beirut to kill Linley. Linley will barely step into the Asura-level after he becomes an Earth Highgod with 3 mysteries + the black stone.
  • edited July 2015
    YDM said:

Hmm. A top 5 expert of the Infernal Realm is quite close to Paragon-level; the very top-tier of Asuras. Dealing with the average Asura for him would be simple, killing a 7 Star Fiend would be child's play. It's like sending Dunnington or Beirut to kill Linley. Linley will barely step into the Asura-level after he becomes an Earth Highgod with 3 mysteries + the black stone.

That was a mess up on my part. I actually intended to say he was a top five expert in the edicts of death only.. haha

And yes, that would make him extremely powerful..
  • Are you finishing this or what?
    I'd like to read the whole battle.
  • Leylin said:

Are you finishing this or what?

I'm planning on writing a chapter of The Lightning Emperor tomorrow on my day off.. If I have extra time, I'll start on another chapter of this.. (There would likely only be one more chapter..)
  • Leylin said:

Are you finishing this or what?

I'm planning on writing a chapter of The Lightning Emperor tomorrow on my day off.. If I have extra time, I'll start on another chapter of this.. (There would likely only be one more chapter..)
    I just want to read the fight tbh... Seems interesting enough.
  • Seems really good
  • If i may make a suggestion. You should just use 1 tense throughout, either past or present. You cant keep switching them up otherwise it gets really annoying to read. Using past would make more sense, since ren is translating CD in past tense so it is better to keep everything related to CD consistent
    Understand basic grammar:
    Your vs You're
    There vs Their vs They're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• edited August 2015
    If you got time try to do a sidestory from the yulan plane after linley left :P
    Hmmm....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I might not write it immediately, but i wanted to see what had happened in the yulan plane myself. :/

Also, some questions from someone who paused CD reading at Volume 17 to wait for the story to end:
    (The fanfic kinda spoiled a bit so i stopped reading, no biggie. :()

Spoiler:
    Did Linley ever think about the bro's he left behind in Yulan Plane?

Spoiler:
    Did we ever hear about any of Linley's direct family members after he left Yulan?

Spoiler:
    Was Doehring Cowart confirmed dead forever?

Spoiler:
    At end or after story ends, was Beirut still around in Yulan Plane?

Spoiler:
    On the side this time, if i made a baruch descendant as the main character, would anyone want to see specific dragon capabilities like the ones Linley's sons and daughter got? If so, any way to know of all the dragons within Yulan to choose from?

and finally
    Spoiler:
    If the descendant got an animal companion, which one would you choose it to be?

I'm probably forgetting some things, like if the panther familiar [i don't remember the name of at the moment] ever reappeared. Some others i don't know either, as like i said, haven't read the story in a while. :)
  • Haeru, he appears once to say hi in book 18, idk about 19-21
  • YDMYDM
    edited August 2015
    Do you have to include spoilers to write about this? You can write about Taylor and Sasha for about 2000 years (I believe), since Linley left to the end of the Planar Wars. The story of how they became Gods on their own within the Yulan plane, fought Odin's lackeys and generally kept the clan afloat, etc.

Either way, I think the Violetflame Warrior clan was teased enough in the novel so you might want to pick them up. Or perhaps develop the origins of the Barker brothers a little. Another possibility is the never explored Tigerstripped Warrior clan.
  • POV of sasha seems kinda nice, I mean we have seen taylor talk a bit and know he had a kid but we know nothing of sasha :S
  • Either way, I think the Violetflame Warrior clan was teased enough in the novel so you might want to pick them up. Or perhaps develop the origins of the Barker brothers a little. Another possibility is the never explored Tigerstripped Warrior clan.
    I actually had been thinking of doing one on a pair of sisters for the tigerstripped clan, but only thing i know of them is that they are known for speed. Was going for assassin type skills too, not sure yet. Main focus on the little sister, and thinking of Suyin Xiaoli (素音小吏). Any chinese readers will know what the name means... or google translate too. ;)
    I'd need an english name based upon it though... can't think of anything.
    POV of sasha seems kinda nice, I mean we have seen taylor talk a bit and know he had a kid but we know nothing of sasha :S

i see, if i don't go with writing about her, she will definitely show up within the story!
    Leylin said:

Haeru, he appears once to say hi in book 18, idk about 19-21

I remember now, thanks! i say his name (High-Lew), and how i remembered him, but he didn't show much within the story. He might also be making an appearance!
  • Good story