Shi XiaoBai Sword Skill

Lol Shi XiaoBai trolls everyone even the readers
does he ever get good at swords?
I guess it'll be more of a perseverance and effort route than talent (like with crab steps)

Comments

• Lol Shi XiaoBai trolls everyone even the readers
    I guess it'll be more of a perseverance and effort route than talent (like with crab steps)
    That's nonsense. I mean sure he's worked his ass off trying to learn crab steps to the dominating stage but he still did it in a week. There's no way you can say it's more hard work than talent. I mean sure there might be less talent involved than in learning Beginner Sword but it's still largely because of his insane amount of talent.
  • He will learn a new (better) sword technique in a few more chapters. You will start seeing in being used frequently in the mass selection
  • Attolis said:
    That's nonsense. I mean sure he's worked his ass off trying to learn crab steps to the dominating stage but he still did it in a week. There's no way you can say it's more hard work than talent. I mean sure there might be less talent involved than in learning Beginner Sword but it's still largely because of his insane amount of talent.
    the loli sword girl said its an average person 30 mins to learn it but he took more than day, I don't see how thats talent. I'm still confused why it took him so long though, considering I would think he's talented.
  • i do believe that the average person learns it in 30 mins, but only to the f rank, while in the fight one pun and the god of swords stated that his beginners sword was already beyond rank c, so my theory is that he just didnt learn it, but he mastered it to the most he could, plus he cultivated some bits also.
  • Magnum123 said:
    Attolis said:
    the loli sword girl said its an average person 30 mins to learn it but he took more than day, I don't see how thats talent. I'm still confused why it took him so long though, considering I would think he's talented.
    that was probably just to grasp the basics the lowest level of proficiency considering he got to c rank in less than a day just meditating that is a huge display of talent and this is different from crab step because the absolute choice gave him all the information on crab steps all he needed was practise to reach the dominating stage but the beginner sword was just the basic sword stances it takes real talent to reach crest of perfection in the basics with no real experience using a sword.
  • Yeah but instead of just grasping the understanding of the sword he attained crest of perfection in it. Unless of course that was part of the heritage understanding it to the crest of perfection realm.
  • Magnum123 said:
    Attolis said:
    that was probably just to grasp the basics the lowest level of proficiency considering he got to c rank in less than a day just meditating that is a huge display of talent and this is different from crab step because the absolute choice gave him all the information on crab steps all he needed was practise to reach the dominating stage but the beginner sword was just the basic sword stances it takes real talent to reach crest of perfection in the basics with no real experience using a sword.
    well the sword heritage might raise him to the crest of prefection immediately when he learns it, you never know.
  • Magnum123 said:
    Attolis said:
    well the sword heritage might raise him to the crest of prefection immediately when he learns it, you never know.
  • I was under the impression that his beginner sword looked stronger than it was because he was doping, sword god and one pun didn't know he was doping so they thought it was that powerful b/c of his sword skill
  • Magnum123 said:
    Magnum123 said:
    Attolis said:
    I was under the impression he didn't have the beginner sword at crest of perfection, but it just seemed like it was cause he was doping
  • Magnum123 said:
    Magnum123 said:
    Attolis said:
    I was under the impression he didn't have the beginner sword at crest of perfection, but it just seemed like it was cause he was doping
  • edited February 2017
    the doping only resulted in him releasing all his power in one shot it wouldn't affect proficiency at all. The god of swords said his proficiency was at crest of perfection so that must be accurate because as we have seen previously different proficiency levels are easy to observe regardless of power behind them. This is because the different levels produce different results in the case of the beginner sword technique desolate era does a good job explaining the differences in each level of proficiency even if it is only reduced to 3 stages. i can't remember what the levels were called but when ji ning broke through to the second level he gave an in-depth description of the difference between the first and second level even though it was still the basics i.e beginner sword and despite being a different author and story i feel it is still accurate in this case.
  • eh I get what your saying, people can tell proficiency levels for people at diff levels of power
    might be right
    I just think b/c neither of them mentioned doping so either the pills showed up as a boost in cultivation level (maybe Xiaobai wasn't at 7th level) or a boost in how powerful his skill was 
    but the desolate era argument is just silly, I mean I could go find some other random unconnected fantasy that proves my point and if someone believed me b/c of that they'd be stupid
    it's ok as an analogy, but evidence? nah, that's a stretch
  • eh I get what your saying, people can tell proficiency levels for people at diff levels of power
    might be right
    I just think b/c neither of them mentioned doping so either the pills showed up as a boost in cultivation level (maybe Xiaobai wasn't at 7th level) or a boost in how powerful his skill was 
    but the desolate era argument is just silly, I mean I could go find some other random unconnected fantasy that proves my point and if someone believed me b/c of that they'd be stupid
    it's ok as an analogy, but evidence? nah, that's a stretch
    i wasn't using desolate era as evidence but as an example of the differences between proficiency levels because desolate era explains beginner sword at different levels which fits in with this discussion. beginner sword isn't some fantasy thing it's a list of basic sword stances that exist in real life as such references to beginner sword training are usually all the same thing it isn't until characters start adding things like divine sense or martial power to sword techniques and start summoning fire and lightning that they become fantasy.
  • well it looks like i was wrong after all
    kind of interesting that kali still calls him a sword retard even though his beginner sword in crest of perfection immediately after learning it

• edited March 2017
    well it looks like i was wrong after all
    kind of interesting that kali still calls him a sword retard even though his beginner sword in crest of perfection immediately after learning it

Please edit your comment, Kali said nothing of the sort. Kali may just be the best female lead in any xianxia/xuanhua I've ever read so please be careful.

PS: I'm guessing you meant the sword spirit and she probably doesn't know. It seems that she isn't actually watching the outside world most of the time. 
  • oh ya
    I meant little black oops