Current translator

13»

Comments

• jayced said:
    So a lot of people in here don't seem to understand you are NOT paying the translator per chapter. If you're a patron, you are giving the translator money on a monthly basis to SUPPORT HIM. Now some of you are going to say "but he said 24 chapters a week!!!!!" No, the exact quote from his patreon is "My current goal is to aim for 24 chapters/week." key words here being GOAL and AIM.

You all need to understand that shit happens in real life. You can get sick, your car can break down, family issues can come up, the internet can break, ect..(hope you get the picture). And guess what, if I call in sick to work I'm not required to do yesterdays work + todays work in one day. I just do yesterdays and everything gets pushed back a day.
    This post is just wrong cause he actually promised a certain amount of chapters a week if he reached a certain amount of donations but  in a high end career you'd know that you always have to catch up on work... and I donated because i was promised more chapters...not for this bs 

• jayced said:
    So a lot of people in here don't seem to understand you are NOT paying the translator per chapter. If you're a patron, you are giving the translator money on a monthly basis to SUPPORT HIM. Now some of you are going to say "but he said 24 chapters a week!!!!!" No, the exact quote from his patreon is "My current goal is to aim for 24 chapters/week." key words here being GOAL and AIM.

You all need to understand that shit happens in real life. You can get sick, your car can break down, family issues can come up, the internet can break, ect..(hope you get the picture). And guess what, if I call in sick to work I'm not required to do yesterdays work + todays work in one day. I just do yesterdays and everything gets pushed back a day.

and he gets like 20k/month. I would expect him to work a little harder :smile: 
    He doesn't make 20k, atmost 6k. He was at 1150 patrons around 5k, now he is around 1220 patrons.

@quote above : 
    You are actually paying him for more chapters and if you pay more you get more chapter releases than on wuxiaworld. 

But since i don't pay i don't really care and i just hope he keeps releasing frequently and that one day he releases those 24 chapters he owns his readers because i am addicted to MGA. :D
  • That´s simply untrue. Before he hid his income, he already had 15k
  • That´s simply untrue. Before he hid his income, he already had 15k
    No, he had 5k when he hid it and if I recall correctly there were like ~600 patreons at that time so he should be making ~10-12k now
  • nah man he was well over 5k when he hid it...he was already at double digits 
  • Wtf is this prick doing...everyday this week he only gives 2 aday!! wtf...
  • he always releases chapters in bulk on sunday/monday
  • No usually he releases 4 a day. 
  • he used to do that when he promised his 28 chapters a week but he realized that he couldn't hold his promise anymore so he stopped
  • If you find that his pace is unsatisfactory due to what he claims you can always stop pledging money.  If you are reading for free then he owes you nothing.
  • yep he would owe his free readers nothing except his word...which I guess is only means something to some men

still waiting for those 28 chapters 
  • Ah, the entitlement attitude of today's world never ceases to amaze and disappoint. Trying to pretend you have the moral high ground and that someone owes you something when you have absolutely no skin in the game is hilariously pathetic.
  • Honestly idec at this point...if someone gives af about their readers then they'd do what they promised that's all I'm going to say, I care about this situation now as much as he cares about his readers. I dont
  • Its curious that everytime people complain, he doesnt upload the chapters on wuxiaworld. It has happened 2 times this week. He also posted the "Update" public and then switched it to patreon only
  • greatman said:
    Its curious that everytime people complain, he doesnt upload the chapters on wuxiaworld. It has happened 2 times this week. He also posted the "Update" public and then switched it to patreon only

Says it all https://graphtreon.com/creator/YangWenLi i was a the very beginning a 20$ patreon for 4 months than cancelled it later i became again and now i cancelled again it is f***, he just can`t do a normal schedule and says nothing.

• edited January 3
    The funny thing is that even though he got rid of the tiers, most of the people who were patrons have still kept their pledges up, still pledging but without getting the rewards. Only dropped ~100 patrons since the end of the month which is pretty typical for his patreon as seen by his graphtreon so essentially he's getting a month off to do make-up chapters and still getting paid a decent amount to do it. since we can assume while some people have changed their pledge to $1, many others haven't.

Also funny how he only mentioned that he was taking the month off near the end of December so if people are busy and don't check updates often, then they would not have even realized that their reward tiers were nerfed before January even started and their payment had already gone through (you can tell many were blindsighted as this is the first month that patron number has gone down directly after a month began instead of going up). At least give patrons more than a 3 day notice before making such a huge decision.

P.S does he actually even have editors? If so, why are none of them ever acknowledged in posts? 
  • Lol he banned and blocked me from his patreon because I told him I would lower myself to 1$ tier.