Current translator

Comments

• edited March 2017
    He is not just 24 chapters behind. Today is Thursday and he has translated 5 chapters for this week. I seriously do not think that he can translate 19 chapters more until Sunday. Since his illness he is constantly 24 chapters behind; that is not a problem, we can understand that. We seriously do not mind the 24 chapters behind at all we can just forget about them but that is not the issue here. This number will keep growing and growing because that is the pattern he follows; he translates a maximum of 15 to 18 chapters a week and that is his rate which seems to be getting lower and lower.

Yang Wen-li CAN YOU UPHOLD your 24 chapter per week promise? If yes then YOU SHOULD CONSTANTLY PROVIDE 4 chapters PER DAY for 6 DAYS a WEEK; if you can't keep that promise then STOP PROMISING...

• If he translates  at maximun 18 chapters a week, he will be 100 chapter behind, don't exagerate
  • Guigs said:
    If he translates  at maximun 18 chapters a week, he will be 100 chapter behind, don't exagerate
    Each end of the week he is at about 15 to 18 chapters then the next week he keeps translating chapters for the previous week; that is a constant patern mate so each week he is 6-9 chapters behind that he covers for the next week. He always covers the previous week's chapters and ends up translates less chapters for the running week. So that adds up to 24 (an entire week behind like he says) + 6-9 chapters of the previous week.

To sum it up no he is not 100 chapters behind but for each passing week he is 6-9 chapters behind at a continues rate. If he wants to uphold his promise at the end of each week he should have 24 chapters for the week.
  • It is Friday and he still has 15 chapters to deliver, since you said I exagerate lets see how many chapters will be left for next week 
  • Its the first time in my life that Ive seen someone who has headaches 4 out of 7 days in a week and the rest 3 has problems with the sleeping schedule
  • He's ridiculously behind and thinks it's acceptable... Over 25 chapters behind needs to be fired or something
  • This seems like a joke seriously. The translator is so many chapters behind but he still declares that he will not release on the 6th because of his birthday. Well happy birthday dude but instead of declaring no chapter when you are so many chapters behind you should declare double release on the 5th or 7th to compensate for the delayed chapters.

TO ALL PATREONS. THIS DUDE SIMPLY DOES NOT DESERVE THE SUPPORT HE IS GIVEN. SUPPORT SHOULD BE SEIZED IN ORDER FOR HIM TO UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN HE HAS A FULLTIME JOB HE CANNOT GO BACK ON HIS WORD DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY.

• Yeah I stopped supporting once he went a week without attempting to catch up and now he's taken off the fact that he's 24 chapters behind off his posts so that people don't remember and that disgusted me. Completely shameless. 
  • last week only has 21 chapters?

what is going on? he still 24 chapters behind from 2 weeks ago, but i don't think he can finish it with his translation pace like now.

he never respond to reader's complain as well

• Last update 2 days ago... yay he said i get the 6th off and then decided to get the 7th off as well. This guy seriously deserves to go back to no job... seriously i am better of with having the previous translator who did way less chapters without getting paid and he was HONEST instead of this lying mofo 
  • Wuxiaworld was down today so it is understandable that he missed the chapters. A lot of other translators didn't post today due to the issues. Settle down.
  • edited April 2017
    this translator has zero credible

he also never responded to the reader

only going on his pace, without care he already slow behind 1 week, and he doesn't look like want to translate that 24 chapters.

He tell us 6 is his birthday, but he absent for 2 days (almost 3 days right now). 

I hope one day he will find out that the reader will leave him 1 by 1
  • Rah said:
    Wuxiaworld was down today so it is understandable that he missed the chapters. A lot of other translators didn't post today due to the issues. Settle down.
    Really? Do you accept your intelligence getting underminded? Today he posted the chapters that where supposed to be uploaded yesterday when the site was down like he stated... So where are todays chapters... I wonder... 
  • Now he admits that will do 24 chapters a week and forget about the 28 chapters delayed, still a rapid translation
  • I guess he just felt like he wouldn't have to make up posting for his birthday...Or for the week he was completely absent... 
  • Don't want to comment on that shitstorm, as I'm not a Patron, but... Changing "worry free" goal and hiding pledged is normal, it's to keep new people paying. Cuz, if his goal is low, why would a new person pledge? If he reached his final goal, why pledge? If it doesn't increase number of chapters, why pay him money? Don't be little kids, you talk about responsibilities and how he's entitled, but you refuse to use normal, adult, business logic. Of course he wants more money, what the fuck is your problem with that? You speak of "his job", yet bash him for wanting to make more money?

I DO NOT, however, like how he changed number of chapters and I saw no announcement about it. Last week he did 21 chapters and then just casually started a new week. On March 30th he also deleted the part about being a week behind. I assume it's because he talks only with people that pay him, on Patreon. He has already done "Oh teehee, I updated Patreon but forgot to post chaps on WW" like twice?
  • I mean with the money he gets from Patreon he should be able to afford an assistant to help him out. I´m not sure how much he gets atm, but it was around 15k before he hid it. 
  • Duniak said:
    Don't want to comment on that shitstorm, as I'm not a Patron, but... Changing "worry free" goal and hiding pledged is normal, it's to keep new people paying. Cuz, if his goal is low, why would a new person pledge? If he reached his final goal, why pledge? If it doesn't increase number of chapters, why pay him money? Don't be little kids, you talk about responsibilities and how he's entitled, but you refuse to use normal, adult, business logic. Of course he wants more money, what the fuck is your problem with that? You speak of "his job", yet bash him for wanting to make more money?

I DO NOT, however, like how he changed number of chapters and I saw no announcement about it. Last week he did 21 chapters and then just casually started a new week. On March 30th he also deleted the part about being a week behind. I assume it's because he talks only with people that pay him, on Patreon. He has already done "Oh teehee, I updated Patreon but forgot to post chaps on WW" like twice?
     I don't think anyone started discussing his goal or anything about hiding pledges because that's not the point of our complaints at all so idek what tf made you bring all that up..You claim that we're wrong for bashing him for not doing his job? Or that we're not using normal/adult logic on this matter??? Normal adult business logic should entail that one doesn't get paid when one doesn't properly do their job right? Normal adult business logic entails that the customer can file a complaint right? There's nothing wrong with him wanting more money but not at the expense of shamelessly fucking over his readers there's always a right way to go about this!
  • edited April 2017

<blockquote class="Quote">
      <div><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Duniak</a> said:</div>
      <div>Don't want to comment on that shitstorm, as I'm not a Patron, but... Changing "worry free" goal and hiding pledged is normal, it's to keep new people paying. Cuz, if his goal is low, why would a new person pledge? If he reached his final goal, why pledge? If it doesn't increase number of chapters, why pay him money? Don't be little kids, you talk about responsibilities and how he's entitled, but you refuse to use normal, adult, business logic. Of course he wants more money, what the fuck is your problem with that? You speak of "his job", yet bash him for wanting to make more money? <br><br>I DO NOT, however, like how he changed number of chapters and I saw no announcement about it. Last week he did 21 chapters and then just casually started a new week. On March 30th he also deleted the part about being a week behind. I assume it's because he talks only with people that pay him, on Patreon. He has already done "Oh teehee, I updated Patreon but forgot to post chaps on WW" like twice? <br></div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>

To clarify some things. Let’s assume that his income is around 10000$ per month. Now lets visit any professional translating website out there; with this amount of money you can get approximately double the chapters offered by him for each month.

So, to reply to the comment about us “bashing” on him for doing business. He is more than welcome to use any means necessary in order for him to have his business growing healthily; that is seriously not an issue; if anything, I more than applaud him for it. My issue stands with him undermining our intelligence.

Fellow readers and dear patreons; how can you fail to understand that the current translator is simply going forward with a consistent pattern that indicates fewer and fewer chapters translated by him while his income is consistently increasing? Especially when with the already pledged amount if patreons decide so, they can clearly gather this amount and go to ANY PROFESSIONAL translating website around to get MORE chapters for LESS MONEY?

• sad to say that when he got the amount of money he wanted he stopped working hard smh
  • edited April 2017
    deleted
  • He promes mora than he was able do to, but I don't see mora than that
  • neji2k said:
    Duniak said:
    Don't want to comment on that shitstorm, as I'm not a Patron, but... Changing "worry free" goal and hiding pledged is normal, it's to keep new people paying. Cuz, if his goal is low, why would a new person pledge? If he reached his final goal, why pledge? If it doesn't increase number of chapters, why pay him money? Don't be little kids, you talk about responsibilities and how he's entitled, but you refuse to use normal, adult, business logic. Of course he wants more money, what the fuck is your problem with that? You speak of "his job", yet bash him for wanting to make more money?

I don't think anyone started discussing his goal or anything about hiding pledges because that's not the point of our complaints at all so idek what tf made you bring all that up..You claim that we're wrong for bashing him for not doing his job? Or that we're not using normal/adult logic on this matter??? Normal adult business logic should entail that one doesn't get paid when one doesn't properly do their job right? Normal adult business logic entails that the customer can file a complaint right? There's nothing wrong with him wanting more money but not at the expense of shamelessly fucking over his readers there's always a right way to go about this!
    Did you read the topic before writing that? So basically you didn't read it, then told me that I talk about something noone talked about, then proceeded to talk some pointless crap about "adult business logic doesn't apply if you don't do your job properly", when my point was that people shouldn't complain about him wanting more money because it's his job. Just... wtf... And yeah, people like you were the reason I wrote it in the first place. You talk about responsibilities and that it's his job, then in the next sentence you act as if wanting to make money is a fucking disgrace to a translator.
  • Duniak said:
    neji2k said:
    Duniak said:

Did you read the topic before writing that? So basically you didn't read it, then told me that I talk about something noone talked about, then proceeded to talk some pointless crap about "adult business logic doesn't apply if you don't do your job properly", when my point was that people shouldn't complain about him wanting more money because it's his job. Just... wtf... And yeah, people like you were the reason I wrote it in the first place. You talk about responsibilities and that it's his job, then in the next sentence you act as if wanting to make money is a fucking disgrace to a translator.
    Oh I see you was still stuck in the old problems that were already established instead of staying up to date with the obvious (well maybe not obvious to people like you) current issues... I don't know why you rephrased my quote to word it in a way that works for your claim cause that was just weird atleast quote my sentence properly cause that's not what I said at all but again (people like you clearly manipulate the words ppl say) I clearly said "adult business logic should entail that one doesn't get paid when one doesn't properly do their job" please correct me if I'm wrong (don't because I'm clearly fucking not wrong it's common sense) and then you wanted to talk about (people like me) for saying it's wrong for him to fuck over his readers? You're either really weird or really slow cause never did I say it was a disgrace to make money  as a translator and never did I act as if wanting to make money is a disgrace...I clearly said "There's nothing wrong with him wanting more money" but like you said "basically you didn't read it" so I guess you didn't read that part huh?mhmm... all I said is it's wrong if he's making more money by fucking over his readers and theres a right way to go about it...get it together
  • Its hilarious seeing these people who read for free complain about the highest velocity translator out there.
  • Salrandin said:
    Its hilarious seeing these people who read for free complain about the highest velocity translator out there.
    well he is 24 chapters behind...I think that's reasonable to complain about...
  • Salrandin said:
    Its hilarious seeing these people who read for free complain about the highest velocity translator out there.
    highest velocity? Now i know for certain you never read MGA. MGA is really short every chapter. 24 chapters just like 12 chapters in another novel. If you want to nominate the highest velocity translator out there, the winner is OMA with his translation WMW. 3 normal chapters/day

really crazy dude. we really thanks him for his dedication.
  • So a lot of people in here don't seem to understand you are NOT paying the translator per chapter. If you're a patron, you are giving the translator money on a monthly basis to SUPPORT HIM. Now some of you are going to say "but he said 24 chapters a week!!!!!" No, the exact quote from his patreon is "My current goal is to aim for 24 chapters/week." key words here being GOAL and AIM.

You all need to understand that shit happens in real life. You can get sick, your car can break down, family issues can come up, the internet can break, ect..(hope you get the picture). And guess what, if I call in sick to work I'm not required to do yesterdays work + todays work in one day. I just do yesterdays and everything gets pushed back a day.
  • jayced said:
    So a lot of people in here don't seem to understand you are NOT paying the translator per chapter. If you're a patron, you are giving the translator money on a monthly basis to SUPPORT HIM. Now some of you are going to say "but he said 24 chapters a week!!!!!" No, the exact quote from his patreon is "My current goal is to aim for 24 chapters/week." key words here being GOAL and AIM.

You all need to understand that shit happens in real life. You can get sick, your car can break down, family issues can come up, the internet can break, ect..(hope you get the picture). And guess what, if I call in sick to work I'm not required to do yesterdays work + todays work in one day. I just do yesterdays and everything gets pushed back a day.
    Just to correct some facts. When people started donating money in patreon he set something like "if I reach 5k Ill translate 28 chapters/week", obviously he couldnt do it and then on hes own changed it to 24 chapters/week. Im not even complaning about it, just stating the real facts since you even used bold letter.
    Second if you have a project with a deadline you indeed have to do yesterdays work + todays work because you lost a day and the deadline wont be pushed a day later just because you got sick.

So when you are debating you have to be objective and not set examples that only help your case. At least now hes translating the chapters he promises, the only issue you can argue now but that actually isnt that relevant is that he "forgets" to upload the chapters to wuxiaworld like 5 out of 7 days a week after he uploads his patreon.
  • and he gets like 20k/month. I would expect him to work a little harder :smile: