Spoilers...

Comments

• 3. Du Lingfei will appear again in the next arc (mini-arc) when BXC goes out adventuring.
    5. Ghostfang doesn't get a look into BXC memories of the ancient beast.
  • bonifide said:
    tendou said:
    @Royal ancestor and others.

So until chapter 700+ the sure if this novel and the mc still the same?
    I have tried reading issth until chapter 500++ just because it is only among the few novel that is related to Chinese traditional cultivation. And people keep singing praise to it. But Meng Hao's personality is just not to my liking. The storyline is also  more similar to other writer.

It's like er Gen is out of fresh ideas as he really seems to want to differentiate between his novel storyline and mc characteristics. Of course, is hard as his few first novel are really good and unique.

Well i really dislike Meng Hao too. It's the only character of Er Gen's that he literally brags about while writing it got annoying. I will say the MC of this novel acts nothing like his other MCs. So far this seems like a parody but not in a bad way with cultivation. 
    tendou said:
    I have dropped issth because of the mc characteristics, seems awe mc not much different
    issth mc was absolute garbage lol, it was a book with the potential to be 10/10 but just meng hao's dumb character made it like 3/10. AWE is pretty good though, like the mc's character is basically a parody
  • Er Gen's world building is really unique and not much can compare with it.

ISSTH should be a 10 but the MC failed to get me interested. In the end just reading the ending and reading chapter that is related to Renegade immortal is good enough for me. 

A pity because deathblade is such an excellent translator.

As of now BX and MH both doesn't pull me into their stories. Maybe wait for another er gens novel. LOL

• edited October 2017
    I like meng hao he's not a bad character I have seen a lot worse but out of er gens novels my favorite Mcs are 

1.Renegade immortal mc I like that he's extremely ruthless and not a cuck

2. A Will Eternal Mc I like he's very shameless but also can be a good warrior at the right circumstances

3. I Shall Seal The Heavens mc I like that meng hao is a pretty good individual as he knows how to show benevolence to his friends wives and family and ruthless to his enemies may not be the best mc but I enjoyed his character 

I don't have to many requirements for my Mcs just hoping that they can be ruthless not dense nor would they be naive!
  • Hope you guys could help me out and answer my questions if you will thank you!

1. is there a harem in this novel if so could you name them please?

2. Will it be possible for mc and his harem to become immortal able to live forever nevering having to die unless they were killed being able to live for eternity?

3 I heard something bad happens to du lingfei will he be able to revive here again?

4. Who is the grave keeper in chapter 65 who gave the 2nd volume of he undying technique to mc and do they become friends later on?

5. Who's this ghost chick when our mc tried to get the earthstring energy and heaven string energy she keeps on following him and she is creepy as hell will join our Mcs harem?
  • who's du lingfei?
  • I wonder if BXC will infiltrate the other sects like he does the Blood Stream sect. I can already see him trying to get some of the legacy from the Pill Stream sect.
  • CFT said:
    I wonder if BXC will infiltrate the other sects like he does the Blood Stream sect. I can already see him trying to get some of the legacy from the Pill Stream sect.
    Yeah I can see him going there but who knows. 
  • CFT said:
    I wonder if BXC will infiltrate the other sects like he does the Blood Stream sect. I can already see him trying to get some of the legacy from the Pill Stream sect.
    He won't infiltrate the other 2 sects ... sorry

However, he'll gain insight in pill refining in the Blood Stream Sect from a part of a wall they did steal from the Pill Sect ... and later he'll get the 2nd part too.

• Do you reach immortality being able to live forever when you are in the heaven trampling realm?
  • Thanks StuffedDuck!
  • Ragnarock said:
    Do you reach immortality being able to live forever when you are in the heaven trampling realm?
    Er Gen novels don't have the concept of living forever.Every realm just increases one's life a lot but there are instances in his novels where someone extends their lifespan via special methods.
  • edited October 2017
    @StuffedDuck whats up with du lingfei?
    I heard she died or something and has BX gone to the beyond heaven?
    Thanks in advance.

• Does Bai Xiaochun get the Qi cultivating part of the Undying Technique soon? I think it was the Live-forever Codex or something like that
  • Stark said:
    @StuffedDuck whats up with du lingfei?
    I heard she died or something and has BX gone to the beyond heaven?
    Thanks in advance.

Not there yet ... slowly working my brain around the mtl ...
    Does Bai Xiaochun get the Qi cultivating part of the Undying Technique soon? I think it was the Live-forever Codex or something like that
    He'll make progress in the body technique and get the missing parts of it in Blood Sect ... no Qi technique for it so far.
  • Ragnarock said:
    Do you reach immortality being able to live forever when you are in the heaven trampling realm?

If you're talking about Heaven Trampling/Boundless Dao/Daosource/Transcendence........maybe?

Stark said:
    Ragnarock said:
    Er Gen novels don't have the concept of living forever.Every realm just increases one's life a lot but there are instances in his novels where someone extends their lifespan via special methods.
    Honestly, it's a big maybe on that end.

ISSTH Spoiler

Allheaven was reaching the end of his lifespan, but he's a really screwy case. What with him being the clone of the True Immortal, having gotten blown up/squished into/fused with the Heavens of the Vast Expanse, and having had the Ghost, Wang Lin, and Su Ming all take chunks off of him when they Transcended.

Not to mention, Lord Fifth is at least as old as Allheaven and he's not having kind of problems with his longevity.

Whole lot of "Not Enough Information" in my opinion.

• Ragnarock said:

If you're talking about Heaven Trampling/Boundless Dao/Daosource/Transcendence........maybe?

Stark said:
    Ragnarock said:
    Honestly, it's a big maybe on that end.

ISSTH Spoiler

Allheaven was reaching the end of his lifespan, but he's a really screwy case. What with him being the clone of the True Immortal, having gotten blown up/squished into/fused with the Heavens of the Vast Expanse, and having had the Ghost, Wang Lin, and Su Ming all take chunks off of him when they Transcended.

Not to mention, Lord Fifth is at least as old as Allheaven and he's not having kind of problems with his longevity.

Whole lot of "Not Enough Information" in my opinion.

Sure but Er Gen never says any one of his creation will live an unending life.
    Lord fifth is something like a treasure soul so it's a waste to count him as an cultivator.
    Many cultivators find ways to reborn with special technique or connect their life force with something.
    IMO Er Gen is not a type of writer who cares much about how many years an individual life span is which is shown in each of his work. His stories are plot and emotions oriented rather than cultivation oriented .

But as you said Not enough info.
  • I'm just gonna use my imagination and assume it's possible 
  • edited October 2017
    My opinion is that the only one who can truly live forever is "The Immortal"

Everyone else must keep increasing their cultivation in order to add on longevity.
  • It's a harem, he gets with Red Woman, Blood Creek Sect Elder, Hou Xiaomei, and Du Lingfei so far

Who is Red Woman? And is the Blood Creek Sect Elder Song Que's elder sister?
  • Song Que's aunt Song Junwan.
  • So when does it get revealed that Bai Xiaochun = Nightcrypt? Do we get some good reactions out of it and do the Spirit Stream and Blood Stream sects stop fighting and join up with each other at some point?
  • So when does it get revealed that Bai Xiaochun = Nightcrypt? Do we get some good reactions out of it and do the Spirit Stream and Blood Stream sects stop fighting and join up with each other at some point?
    After the BSS arc, he goes back to his sect and both sects prepare for "WAR" ... and once they are about to start the fight at the border of the 2 sects he walks out and tries to persuade the 2 sects to stop the fighting by showing that he is BXC and Nightcrypt ... after telling both sects that they'll have to kill him first before they could kill each other (and some more stuff) a spy/traitor appears in the top ranks of BSS (he is from the Profound River Sect) and tries to kill BXC ... ofc he fails or AWE would end ... and then the 2 sects join forces to go to war with Profound River Sect.
  • In which chapter MC gets together with Song Junwan? 
  • can someone describe how Mc becomes a nascent realm heavenly something? do they borrow others soul to get their cultivation or something. and what use is the soul that du lingfei gives him?
  • akachunu said:
    can someone describe how Mc becomes a nascent realm heavenly something? do they borrow others soul to get their cultivation or something. and what use is the soul that du lingfei gives him?
    There are 3 ways to become a Nascent Soul cultivator:
    - with the help of a Nascent Pill (most common way and lowest chance to become Celestial)
    - with the help of 5 Heavenly Elements Beast Souls (can be exchanged with one Celestial Soul for 5 Beast Souls)
    - with the help of 5 Elements Celestial Souls (really hard to get and only one person managed to promote that way - the Heavenly Lord)

These souls are 'leftovers' (if at all) once a celestial realm beast or Celestial dies.

BXC was basically forced during a fight with a Celestial to absorb the Celestial Souls in his possession (to get a Clone body per soul) for survival ... so even as he wanted to use the 5 Beast Souls beforehand (safer and less stress) now he was/is forced to go the Celestial Souls way.
  • StuffedDuck said:
    akachunu said:
    can someone describe how Mc becomes a nascent realm heavenly something? do they borrow others soul to get their cultivation or something. and what use is the soul that du lingfei gives him?
    There are 3 ways to become a Nascent Soul cultivator:
    - with the help of a Nascent Pill (most common way and lowest chance to become Celestial)
    - with the help of 5 Heavenly Elements Beast Souls (can be exchanged with one Celestial Soul for 5 Beast Souls)
    - with the help of 5 Elements Celestial Souls (really hard to get and only one person managed to promote that way - the Heavenly Lord)

These souls are 'leftovers' (if at all) once a celestial realm beast or Celestial dies.

BXC was basically forced during a fight with a Celestial to absorb the Celestial Souls in his possession (to get a Clone body per soul) for survival ... so even as he wanted to use the 5 Beast Souls beforehand (safer and less stress) now he was/is forced to go the Celestial Souls way.
    ohh so he got two souls right? one from Du and the other from spirit stream patriarch?
    Thx for replying.. was refreshing and didn't expect such a fast response.
  • when does he get with song jungwen ?
  • So does BX eventually unite the Spirit Stream Sect and the Blood Stream Sect? Do they go and become a unified Middle Stream Sect after their war against the Profound Stream Sect?
  • So does BX eventually unite the Spirit Stream Sect and the Blood Stream Sect? Do they go and become a unified Middle Stream Sect after their war against the Profound Stream Sect?

Yes, it's actually funny because once he unites the sects he could've sat the war out but decided to join anyway to escape the girls fighting over him.