Is Renegade immortal worth reading?

Would like to know what the novel is about:
1. Why read it/continue reading it
2. General direction of where the story is to go about
3. Any special things about the mc? (you dont have to go too in depth, since this question is very vague. Just pitch in anything that comes to your mind)
4. Polygamy(harem) or nahhh

I don't mind getting spoiled
Thanks !!

Comments

• edited January 2017
    1. Just trying to become an immortal but with great difficulty as the cultivation world is brutal to those without talent
    2. At first it was sect, then sea of devils and trying to get back home, followed by the best arc found anywhere from immortal to mortal back to immortal - most people loved this arc as wang Lin changed from a murderer to a more rational person
    3. A guy without talent thrown into a world of ruthless cultivators and a devil behind his ear telling him to be a devil as well... later on he changes and doesn't kill unless it is a last resort measure...
    4. Single love but t starts blooming quite late as it was with ISSTH...

And lastly totally worth reading in my opinion it is much better than ISSTH...
  • I personally like the somber mood in this story. ISSTH is also good but I find Xian Ni/Renegade Immortal to be more my taste.
  • I personally like this several times more than issth. so yes, very worth reading
  • Same here. The writing in ISSTH is a little better but Renegade Immortal has the better MC/Story ( but the Story is darker than in ISSTH).

• Yes much better on an emotional/introspective level than ISSTH. I haven't finished RI only 500 chaps in but if I had to pick the better of the two up to that point it would most likely Renegade Immortal, but that is mainly because of the premise where Renegade Immortal is a dark tragedy, which appeal to me more,whereas ISSTH is heavy on the humor/mystery with a more mainstream appeal.
  • Personaly, i kind of stoped reading issth because i discovered this. It is really good. It is true that he kind of have a cheat the bead but other than that, he use his gust and his head to become stronger in a world where everyone wants him dead (and it is not a joke). The fact that he surmont every obstacle by himself is by all means much more worth than Meng Hao with is destiny and kind. So you should really read it.
  • Wais said:
    Personaly, i kind of stoped reading issth because i discovered this. It is really good. It is true that he kind of have a cheat the bead but other than that, he use his gust and his head to become stronger in a world where everyone wants him dead (and it is not a joke). The fact that he surmont every obstacle by himself is by all means much more worth than Meng Hao with is destiny and kind. So you should really read it.
    you mean to say that meng hao doesn't use his head to become stronger in a UNIVERSE that wants him dead? comments here about ISSTH is always biased. 
  • yhatsz09 said:
    Wais said:
    Personaly, i kind of stoped reading issth because i discovered this. It is really good. It is true that he kind of have a cheat the bead but other than that, he use his gust and his head to become stronger in a world where everyone wants him dead (and it is not a joke). The fact that he surmont every obstacle by himself is by all means much more worth than Meng Hao with is destiny and kind. So you should really read it.
    you mean to say that meng hao doesn't use his head to become stronger in a UNIVERSE that wants him dead? comments here about ISSTH is always biased. 
    I’m sorry, but each time a threat is too big for Meng Hao to surmount someone bails him out, perfect examples, his parents, shui donglin, his clan and all those powerhouses that suddenly appear and they decide to be his supporters for some unknown reason giving him power ups.

the only thing that is memorable about Meng Hao is his bashful smile and that was also the thing that I hated the most about it. Yes there were pretty good moments with him but ergen ruined his character when the third spirit severing happened, as all the character development he received was basically deleted for it to be brought back when the nine mountains were destroyed.

Wang Lin on the other hand never had anyone other than Situ Nan help him out, others were just grooming or using him to help make themselves stronger. But at least wang lins path which was never perfect allowed him to get to the top through sheer effort and resilience.

now tell me what did that perfection of Meng Hao do, just made his progression dead easy and whenever he was in trouble shui donglin or someone came around and fixed it for him.
  • edited October 2017
    why read it? well.... This is my first xianxia novel  I read the manhua first n it look decent, so i try the novel. honestly i stop in the middle bcause it bcome abit boring (the "running" arc vs octopus guy)why continue it? after i drop ths novel, @Rex begin to retranslate with better quality n i also heard that the arc after the "running" arc is good, plus the story get better after that. soo i give it a second chance n i am not dissapointed

general direction:at first, it was like another xianxia. U know, with trash MC, got Lucky, have a grandpa (devil), he bcome strong, but if u think this novel is like another xianxia with their stupid young master, U ARE WRONG (well there is a stupid young master surnamed deng but only that i think?) anyway it wasnt like another xianxia where the MC almost always find stupid young masters > kill the young master> family got pissed>young master family try to kill MC>Someone Op bcome MC teacher+backing>mc bcome stronger>kill the entire family.. MC also did it but only once i think. his cultivation purpose isnt to be the stroongest or to protect, his main purpose is actually for love (n if u are comparing him with Ji ning, i can only say WL is on another level). WL did not try to be smart like most of the MC (when latter made a stupid mistake that will make u facepalm). he is cunning n very caution.

he is cuning, veery caution n u know.... not  a hypocrite

harem or not? as far as i know there are 2 love interest but only one true love. basicaly if u need a harem to satisfy ur imagination, go read MGA, ATG. GOS
  • yhatsz09 said:
    Wais said:
    I’m sorry, but each time a threat is too big for Meng Hao to surmount someone bails him out, perfect examples, his parents, shui donglin, his clan and all those powerhouses that suddenly appear and they decide to be his supporters for some unknown reason giving him power ups.

the only thing that is memorable about Meng Hao is his bashful smile and that was also the thing that I hated the most about it. Yes there were pretty good moments with him but ergen ruined his character when the third spirit severing happened, as all the character development he received was basically deleted for it to be brought back when the nine mountains were destroyed.

Wang Lin on the other hand never had anyone other than Situ Nan help him out, others were just grooming or using him to help make themselves stronger. But at least wang lins path which was never perfect allowed him to get to the top through sheer effort and resilience.

now tell me what did that perfection of Meng Hao do, just made his progression dead easy and whenever he was in trouble shui donglin or someone came around and fixed it for him.
    so someone helping out MC is bad for the novel? what kinda logic is that? i get that you love WL so much that you can't connect with Meng Hao's personality. but hating the novel just because of that is kinda dumb. 
  • yhatsz09 said:
    yhatsz09 said:
    Wais said:

so someone helping out MC is bad for the novel? what kinda logic is that? i get that you love WL so much that you can't connect with Meng Hao's personality. but hating the novel just because of that is kinda dumb. 
    Did I say that I hate the novel? I only stated that ISSTH is an inferior novel compared to RI and that MH is just a spoilt brat, you can love him for all I care.

Also helping out, yeah I don’t mind, however in MHs case it’s each time, he doesn’t learn to surpass his issues unless someone dealt with it before to lower the difficulty level, also I wouldn’t mind it, if they solved his issues once or twice, however they solve MHs issues constantly in the novel.
  • well things getting a little bit.....

yhatsz09 dont u think that u jump to conclusion too soon here?

first @DeathStroke96 never said MH never used his head to be stronger
    second, he never said ISSTH is bad novel

n I do agree with him, i mean i am fine with him getting help once or twice but almost everytime?

plus if u think that comments here about ISSTH is always biassed, m u dont like it, why bother coming n responding in the first place?
  • Renegade immortal is more like the original Er Gen's writing style. (If you can say so, lol)

Isssth is where Er Gen adopts what's popular and mainstream , taking things that have mass appeals. A new writing style.
    And he need to change details here and there. The MCs characteristic is also changed. 

Pop culture vs niche.