is it ok to be inspired(rip-off) from other works?

Before i say anything, i want to state that i like the story, its just that the author literally ripping off from obscure to famous anime and manga

for example

absolute choice- Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama shiteiru

mc psyker ability- guilty crown

that perveted teacher- hunter X hunter

king references-fate series

one pun- one punch man

This are the ones i found so far. Till now all the series he used have very loose copy right issues. But guilty crown and fate series actually have proper legal bindings.

Now i get it if the author is just paying homage, but he is literally using the characters from other works. At the rate he is going, will he not be sued along with wuxiaworld?

Am i overly paranoid?

Comments

• Not okay imo.
    Couldn't get past 10 chapters because of that
  • You are being paranoid. There's no copyright issues with parodies or homages. Furthermore, none of the characters are directly lifted even if they are are similar to the original ones. The plot itself isn't ripped off from anywhere, so it's fine.
  • edited January 2017
    a lot of anime/manga are very similar have a look at naruto it is basically almost a copy of hunter x hunter;
    Sasuke clan massacre is a copy from HxH where Kurapikas clan was massacred for their eyes
    Sharingan is almost a copy of Kurapikas clans eyes, Orochimaru was created from hisoka from HxH, chunnin exam a copy of the hunter exam, both exams end with a tournament where the opponents face each other... and probably more
    also if you say Naruto came before HxH then you are wrong because Naruto started serialisation in 1999 whereas HxH started serialisation in 1998... so using other series as inspiration is not wrong otherwise most of japanese manga industry would be embroiled in copyright scandals...
  • edited January 2017
    a lot of anime/manga are very similar have a look at naruto it is basically almost a copy of hunter x hunter;
    Sasuke clan massacre is a copy from HxH where Kurapikas clan was massacred for their eyes
    Sharingan is almost a copy of Kurapikas clans eyes, Orochimaru was created from hisoka from HxH, chunnin exam a copy of the hunter exam, both exams end with a tournament where the opponents face each other... and probably more
    also if you say Naruto came before HxH then you are wrong because Naruto started serialisation in 1999 whereas HxH started serialisation in 1998... so using other series as inspiration is not wrong otherwise most of japanese manga industry would be embroiled in copyright scandals...
    Inspiration is okay, but not like this, it is straight rip-off, even clothings are the same.

• I haven't read this one since I wanna stockpile chapters until at least 200 so I don't know how much is the rip-off. But even japanese LNs doesn't seem to have much of a problem ripping off from their own country. The things I usually see are gundam/futuristic tech from other anime being used in a fantasy setting, Arifureta has the same name (Funnel and Newtype) but it's still serialized.
  • conquest ball is master ball from pokemon broooo~