Apocalypse Summoner (末世之黑暗召唤师)

edited January 2 in Other Novel Spoilers
its a new novel translated, can i get some spoilers about it and im scared about that gender bender tag, can someone tell me if its a huge part in the novel or is it just a one off thing.

http://gravitytales.com/novel/apocalypse-summoner

Comments

• yea can someone explain gender bender tag?
  • From what I know from watching/read past CN works gender bender is usually the female dressed as a male. Especially in a society where a beautiful woman would get raped pretty quick. Now if this series has the MC dress like a trap I will drop it asap. 
  • edited January 3
    can someone tell me what he will do with pregnant fruit shit? if he's going to eat this then i'm dropping this  
  • I read this thread and laugh.. But yea i agree,,, if its a trap im gonna flippin out too
  • Oh God, reading this thread is giving me flashbacks to Journey to the West, especially the 女兒國 arc.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • can someone tell me what he will do with pregnant fruit shit? if he's going to eat this then i'm dropping this  
    well... he does eat it when he turned into a female (in goddess mode)
  • yea can someone explain gender bender tag?
    he is a male but as far as i read there is a part of soul attached to his which is a goddess (female- ofcourse) well till where i read whenever he uses the power from that soul he turns into a female and turning back into a male is headache for him... so gender bender :p
  • blob said:
    its a new novel translated, can i get some spoilers about it and im scared about that gender bender tag, can someone tell me if its a huge part in the novel or is it just a one off thing.

im at 700 chapter well its a huge part of it basically you can say its whole story this thing keeps on repeating so if you hate it might as well drop... mc is a jerk at various times like seriously you wish to murder him
  • sky said:
    he is a male but as far as i read there is a part of soul attached to his which is a goddess (female- ofcourse) well till where i read whenever he uses the power from that soul he turns into a female and turning back into a male is headache for him... so gender bender :p
    thanks for letting me know so yeah I'm dropping it now lol
  • sky said:
    blob said:

im at 700 chapter well its a huge part of it basically you can say its whole story this thing keeps on repeating so if you hate it might as well drop... mc is a jerk at various times like seriously you wish to murder him
    question, why is there an incest tag for it on NU? can't tell if its off on the side since usually, no one puts tags for shit like that unless its the MC doing it (and MC says he has a sister so its possible), or is it just a random troll tag?
  • edited February 1
    can someone tell me what he will do with pregnant fruit shit? if he's going to eat this then i'm dropping this  
    Yeah is it just small part? Then it's OK but if not I'm gonna drop it ASAP
    what about the incest tag?
  • So who is in his harem if he has one?
  • can someone tell me what he will do with pregnant fruit shit? if he's going to eat this then i'm dropping this  
    lmao
  • So I heard mc got raped is it true 
  • Swsws said:
    So I heard mc got raped is it true 
    No from what I remember the MC

To prevent others from getting the power-up that would result from taking the virginity of the MC in his female form, the MC has sex with his evil self from another dimension to prevent this from happening. He might have gotten "raped" once or twice in his male form depending on how you look at it, I believe once the MC's "girlfriend" mom has sex with him to save his life while he's asleep, and another time is when the woman who's been trying to sex up the MC since forever drugs him, and I don't remember if she or her daughter has sex with him or something.
  • On questions about the gender bender tag, this is kind of a heavy spoiler.
    So the MC is not human but is actually the seed of the tree of life. This means the MC being a "plant" (kind of) that MC is in actual sense genderless. But he started out in a human male form. Normally he would stay as a male after taking the male gender but in this case, the gods who existed a long long time ago fucked up. Because in the beginning, everything came from the tree of life, even the gods but eventually, the gods after ruling and taking care of everything got a bit bored/sick of all the work. So to make it easier on themselves they created a system to take care of everything, that they named "destiny", this would give a destiny to everything and make the world more "streamlined" and easier to control.

Sadly for the gods, the system decided that the gods were kinda redundant, thus it deemed it for the best of the universe if the gods were removed. A great war ensured and seeing as the gods had pretty much given all power and control to the system they eventually lost. The system also deemed that the tree of life that could give birth to gods was not needed anymore and destroyed it as well. One of the gods managed to escape and brought a seed from the tree with him. However being the stalker boyfriend he was instead of reviving the tree of life, he instead wanted to plant a part of the Goddess of Light that he had taken with him so as to use the seed as a vessel for her rebirth. After thousands of years, the god eventually releases the seed into our world, which is the start of the story. However the goddess part is at first sealed and MC is thus in a male form, but eventually as the Goddess of light part takes over more and more the MC becomes female more often and for a longer period of times.

This is kind of the setting of the story which we find out more and more about as the story goes on.

About the pregnant fruit yes he eats it, and it is kind of a weird power it pretty much if I remember correctly gives him 100% chance to impregnate a female x.X but on the whole power part. What it does it that it allows the MC to grant life, for instance, if he touches fire he can spawn fire elements if he touches earth he can summon earth elements. It is pretty much a compliment that allows him to spawn even more goon's to work for the MC. The pregnant fruit is kinda downplayed from what I remember since at first it is kind of a joke fruit that turns out to be super powerful but shortly after the powers manifest he doesn't really use it all that much because the MC get's so many other powers/summons that I pretty much guess the author kinda forgot about it or simply just decided to put it away.

I can't remember the whole harem or their names but the harem members I remember, in kind of their introduction order.

MC's Female classmate
    She is the female sword saintess introduced fairly early on. The MC doesn't really like her at first but she has a huge crush on the MC from fairly early on and settles on him being her love interest. So when she later on get's the legendary green hat sword, the sword's curse makes it so that females that are close to her will have sex with the MC and she will then be given a "green hat" which will give her more power. The closer the female who sleeps with the MC is the bigger the adultery is and thus she is given more power. It is kind of a joke in the novel how she get's a green hat and is super happy every time it happens.

MC's teacher
    The MC's first love interest he's had a crush on her since he first met her. But she is married and because of it doesn't want to start a relationship with the MC. However, her marriage has been in a somewhat divorce stage for several years because her husband has repeatedly cheated on her which has led her to move away from her husband to the town the MC lives in. She fights against her feelings for the MC as much as possible since she is married only to reunite with her husband to find out that all the while she was away in the other town he has had a lover living in their house. And thinking she was dead he pretty much forgot about her. So she goes to the MC side instead. (And no the teacher never sleeps with her husband or anyone else than the MC in the novel)

MC's cousin's wife
    Early on the cousin is believed to be dead and because of it, the MC starts to take care of her. But because the MC loves mature older women he eventually starts having feelings for her, she is his first partner and during their first time together because she doesn't want to betray her husband too much she lets him have a-sex with her which leads to the MC believing that all girls love a-sex the most.

MC's sister
    She is a real brocon and has been madly in love with her brother since forever, but because of them being brother and sister they haven't done anything, mostly because of the MC resisting cause the sister don't really care about that. However, it is eventually revealed that the MC is adopted and because of it he eventually accepts his sisters feelings for him.

Evil woman
    An evil sex-crazed woman the MC meets fairly early on and makes his servant so he can use her for fighting. She falls in love with one of his summon's and eventually with the MC, she is more than willing to sleep with the MC and tries certain schemes to make this happen but because he likes "pure" women better he resists her for a very long time until he accepts her.

Inuyasha Female
    She is the earlier incarnation of the female lead of Inuyasha, the one who is a shrine maiden with a bow and kills demons. While being summoned she somehow becomes a permanent summon who the MC often hits on and eventually sleeps with.

MC's Female classmate's mom
    She is the mother of the female sword saintess and a dragon rider. She stumbles into the MC once during a bath which leads to them having some naked fun time without going to the sex part. This together with a few times of him saving her life turns into her falling in love with him. When she is later on kidnapped by an evil lich the MC saves her at the cost of being heavily injured and to save his life she has to have sex with him for several days while he is unconscious and they become a thing after this, she at first refuses because of her daughter but because of her becoming pregnant and the MC not being in a relationship or loving her daughter takes her, a bit forcefully, as his woman.

Evil woman's adopted daughter
    A loli girl that the MC saves fairly early on that eventually turns out to be an evil blood angel, a monster that feeds on blood. The MC eventually captures her and forces her to become another of his servants. Turning her over to the evil woman, who adopts her as her daughter. But mostly uses her as a way to relieve herself of her sexual urges. While training the girl in sexual techniques so the mother and daughter pair can eventually serve the MC. MC's sister eventually finds out and feels sorry for the girl forcing the MC to take her away from the evil woman. Which he does and he eventually finds out that the loli likes/love him since he saved her and her family and they eventually become a thing.

Demonic Queen
    Another summon that becomes semi-permanent, she is a Demon Queen from a demonic world that she rules but because of a rebellion she loses her place of power in that world, the MC repeatedly hits on her because she is another mature older lady with a great figure. She eventually relents to marry him if he helps her regain her power in her world.

MC cousin's wife mom
    The cousin wife that the MC has started a relationship with convinces the MC to go save her family, her mom, and dad. He set's out alone to get them to their home base. Having turned into his female form he get's there and first finds the father. Sadly (or not) because of his widow maker/anti-man curse in his female form the father after touching the MC dies shortly after being introduced. Leaving behind a busty mature wife (the mom) who the MC then meets up with. The MC in his female form get's convinced to sleep with the mom who eventually starts getting frisky with him, wanting to have some girl on girl love. During the love time, he turns into a man and has sex with her. It is then revealed that the mom never loved the dad because she was forced into an arranged marriage with the dad and she never loved him only sticking around because of their daughter. She becomes pregnant after their first time and they engage in a secret relationship behind the cousin's wife back with the mom constantly telling the MC to tell her about them seeing as she's pregnant.

Japanese woman
    During one of the MC's fights he is knocked unconscious in his female form and then found by a Japanese boat. That was passing by, he is then taken into the female captain's room since he is in his female form. Eventually, the MC get's his evil paws into her and turns into his male form raping her a-hole while half awake. The Japanese woman being a virgin and the number 1 powerhouse of the Japanese get's super mad and tries to force the MC into taking responsibility, which he is kind of accepting of until she tells him he has to leave all his other girls and return with her to Japan thus leaving China. This is simply not okay with the MC and he refuses and runs away, stating he never really took her virginity since it's still intact.

Rivals mom
    The evil rival who is ever-present throughout the story is a sex maniac, who want to grab all the beautiful women and add to his harem. His mom being one of the most beautiful mature women in the world has long been mentally prepared to be added to this harem, BUT! a wild MC sneakily appears and sleeps with her when she thinks it's her son. Making her pregnant on their first time together, she believes that the child is her son throughout the whole story and her son/daughter falls in love with another one of the MC's harems son/daughter during the time the MC is gone for many years eventually leading to the two getting married. No one is aware of this fact until the MC comes back and the rivals mom recognizes that he was the one she slept with and that the child is his. Thus her son/daughter has married and started a family with his/her half-sibling. So to keep this a secret forever she decides to never reveal her relationship with the MC, and even though she might have some feelings for him she doesn't join the end harem.

Also for the record, while pretty much all the women that the MC sleeps with or starts a relationship with are not virgins, some having even given birth. The author makes all the females become virgins again because when they accept their inheritance and their bodies becomes remade they all become virgins again so they all adhere to the "clean" woman virtue the Chinese novels keep going on about. Also, I believe all the female harem members except for the Japanese woman and the female classmate becomes pregnant throughout the story.
    He doesn't really get together with the female classmate until the very last chapter

• What kind of summons does he get during the novel? This has been on my reading list and I'm interested in the MC's fighting style since summoners are uncommon.
  • dionit said:
    What kind of summons does he get during the novel? This has been on my reading list and I'm interested in the MC's fighting style since summoners are uncommon.
    I don't remember all of them but mostly he get's summons from Inuyasha, Naruto, One Piece, Sephirot, a bunch of undead and an octopus.
    Some summons I remember are.
    Gaara (though only a clone of Gaara)
    A bunch of the mud dolls that explode that Deidara makes.
    Young Deidara
    Kikyo - Female from Inuyasha
    Sephirot from FFVII
    Sanji
    Luffy
    All of the big shots from the marine in One Piece
    Bone Dragon and different undead, think I remember reaper, death knight, zombies, skeleton warriors, ghouls etc.
    Female fox demon

In his previous incarnation, he was an evil/dark summoner who focused on summon undead and demons. After the story starts he still retains this but his summons are much more random and he get's a bunch of permanent summons instead who are mostly from anime/manga/games.

• dionit said:
    What kind of summons does he get during the novel? This has been on my reading list and I'm interested in the MC's fighting style since summoners are uncommon.
     Also on his fighting style, at first he starts out as kind of a mix between a summoner and a melee fighter because at first, his magic power is low. In his previous life, he never got an inheritance and had to slowly build up his powers. But this time around he get's a super powerful inheritance in the form of being the inheritance of the Pope of the church of light. The inheritance gives a huge power boost depending on their level of inheritance, for instance, a weak inheritance could make you lvl 1-2 instantly while a strong inheritance could make you lvl 4-5, I don't remember the power rankings for the novel but lvl 4-5 is the very top at the beginning. So with the MC getting the highest rank of the pope in the church of light, he would get super powerful instantly, but because of his fear that the inheritance would change him making him more kind, which he sees as a weakness after living in the apocalypse for many years.

Example, Priest lvl 1 --> Bishop lvl 2 --> Cardinal lvl 3 --> Saintess lvl 4 --> Pope lvl 5, these would be their starting lvls but on top of that if a priest somehow managed to lvl up so that the Priest managed to reach the same lvl as the Pope they would still be weaker. Because firstly they would only know low-rank magic from their inheritance, only the pope knows all light magic and secondly, the pope can inherently use the light element better so they would get twice the effect with half the effort and lastly everyone that had an inheritance from a group like the church of light would automatically be submissive to anyone of a higher rank.

The MC, decides to crush the inheritance instead of accepting it, personally this was kind of a weak don't power up the MC to quick part in my book, since right after doing so he still get's the pope inheritance becoming the pope of the church of light, gaining it's knowledge, learning all the light element spells, getting his personality affected in the end while not gaining any of the power boost he would have gotten if he didn't crush the inheritance and simply accepted it.
    So, in the end, the MC becomes the most powerful light element mage in the world (eventually) and his light element magic becomes super boosted in his female form since it is the form of the Goddess of light. In his Goddess form, he can pretty much melt any invader from the undead realm at a lvl 1.

The result of this is that his fighting style is pretty much the MC summons stuff or uses his permanent summons to fight while he mostly stay's back and uses light element magic to fight while mixing in some melee abilities for the kicks. 
  • thanks for the spoilers on the harem