Spoilers...

1235»

Comments

  • CKtalon said:
    Ninetieth said:
    Just updated yesterday up to chp 466. And yes sxb and co is still on lvl 7. But both lvl 8 and lvl 9 tower lord is present so theres a chance the 9 tower arc is going to be finished soon enough. Yet its still boring as hell tbh
    That's your opinion, but in my opinion, it's very interesting.

    The Hero King's story is revealed (soon). Many years ago, he caused trouble for the Infernal, Celestial and Transcendent Kings, sparking war and eventually fought them one versus three. He killed all three of them and created the 4th legend.
    In a bid to find Sunless, SXB and company goes to the Infernal realm, where he meets the two girls.
    SXB somehow becomes the Infernal King. Speechless becomes the Celestial King.
    War happens between all three domains, Infernals, Celestials and Transcendents.
    The background story of the Celestials and Infernals are revealed.
    SXB proposes a battle between the three kings so that innocent lives aren't lost.
    For some reason, the Hero King appears and wants to fight the three kings, who include SXB and Speechless.
    History of Speechless is revealed
    History of the Hero King is revealed
    SXB and the Hero King enter a final strike and in their weakness were teleported to another world in the tower, where they are being attacked.
    The 7th level's Level Lord appears
    The other 7 human trial-takers fight him, but the 8th and 9th Level Lord appear, and are about to wipe out all the 7 trial takers.
    The assessment program is bent on wiping all of them out for a reason, so the exit command is also disabled.
    SXB uses his white-form as a last resort when both he and the Hero King collapse from exhaustion.
    Is Hero king potential love interest or she'll remain in a tower?
  • Luke said:
    CKtalon said:
    Ninetieth said:
    Just updated yesterday up to chp 466. And yes sxb and co is still on lvl 7. But both lvl 8 and lvl 9 tower lord is present so theres a chance the 9 tower arc is going to be finished soon enough. Yet its still boring as hell tbh
    That's your opinion, but in my opinion, it's very interesting.

    The Hero King's story is revealed (soon). Many years ago, he caused trouble for the Infernal, Celestial and Transcendent Kings, sparking war and eventually fought them one versus three. He killed all three of them and created the 4th legend.
    In a bid to find Sunless, SXB and company goes to the Infernal realm, where he meets the two girls.
    SXB somehow becomes the Infernal King. Speechless becomes the Celestial King.
    War happens between all three domains, Infernals, Celestials and Transcendents.
    The background story of the Celestials and Infernals are revealed.
    SXB proposes a battle between the three kings so that innocent lives aren't lost.
    For some reason, the Hero King appears and wants to fight the three kings, who include SXB and Speechless.
    History of Speechless is revealed
    History of the Hero King is revealed
    SXB and the Hero King enter a final strike and in their weakness were teleported to another world in the tower, where they are being attacked.
    The 7th level's Level Lord appears
    The other 7 human trial-takers fight him, but the 8th and 9th Level Lord appear, and are about to wipe out all the 7 trial takers.
    The assessment program is bent on wiping all of them out for a reason, so the exit command is also disabled.
    SXB uses his white-form as a last resort when both he and the Hero King collapse from exhaustion.
    Is Hero king potential love interest or she'll remain in a tower?
    Not revealed yet, but possibly a love interest.
  • CKtalon said:
    Ninetieth said:
    Just updated yesterday up to chp 466. And yes sxb and co is still on lvl 7. But both lvl 8 and lvl 9 tower lord is present so theres a chance the 9 tower arc is going to be finished soon enough. Yet its still boring as hell tbh
    That's your opinion, but in my opinion, it's very interesting.

    The Hero King's story is revealed (soon). Many years ago, he caused trouble for the Infernal, Celestial and Transcendent Kings, sparking war and eventually fought them one versus three. He killed all three of them and created the 4th legend.
    In a bid to find Sunless, SXB and company goes to the Infernal realm, where he meets the two girls.
    SXB somehow becomes the Infernal King. Speechless becomes the Celestial King.
    War happens between all three domains, Infernals, Celestials and Transcendents.
    The background story of the Celestials and Infernals are revealed.
    SXB proposes a battle between the three kings so that innocent lives aren't lost.
    For some reason, the Hero King appears and wants to fight the three kings, who include SXB and Speechless.
    History of Speechless is revealed
    History of the Hero King is revealed
    SXB and the Hero King enter a final strike and in their weakness were teleported to another world in the tower, where they are being attacked.
    The 7th level's Level Lord appears
    The other 7 human trial-takers fight him, but the 8th and 9th Level Lord appear, and are about to wipe out all the 7 trial takers.
    The assessment program is bent on wiping all of them out for a reason, so the exit command is also disabled.
    SXB uses his white-form as a last resort when both he and the Hero King collapse from exhaustion.
    whats the white form?
  • Magnum123 said:

    whats the white form?
    The form with white hair which he used to kill the 4 Level Lords.
  • Hi CKtalon. I was thinking to argue with you but i put aside my thought lol. I think i was just being impatient and unable to enjoy the story because of it. You may be right that it is indeed interesting.
  • These tower arcs have been my favorite moments in this series, so what if the story doesn't advance? SXB making friends/gathering followers, training his teammates and their developments are pretty interesting to see. At least they're not just some characters who's there for the sake of being spectators and then disappear until replaced by other characters who's purpose are also being some spectators. SXB also relied on them when he was unconscious and now we're even seeing other people from other organizations becoming his friends and learning from him. These side characters' development alone shits on other stories that have their side characters' personality stays the same from beginning till the end.
  • edited May 2017
    Coruscan said:
    These tower arcs have been my favorite moments in this series, so what if the story doesn't advance? SXB making friends/gathering followers, training his teammates and their developments are pretty interesting to see. At least they're not just some characters who's there for the sake of being spectators and then disappear until replaced by other characters who's purpose are also being some spectators. SXB also relied on them when he was unconscious and now we're even seeing other people from other organizations becoming his friends and learning from him. These side characters' development alone shits on other stories that have their side characters' personality stays the same from beginning till the end.

    I came looking for spoilers, yet here I am writing an essay. 
    You're probably not gonna like it, so yeah. Press that spoiler button at your own risk. It's also quite long, so eh...


    That you like the story is good and all. And I myself find the story quite funny and interesting.

    But I'm pretty sure his "teammates" are all irrelevant.
    For some time now until they reached the 7th floor, because of the existence known as Kali, SXB was never in any real danger.
    And in the end, it was SXB that had to fend off the enemy...

    Was him meeting a lot of people interesting? Depends on preference, but most probably liked at least some of them.
    But when talking of whether the characters have depth and importance? ... Most of them are blank slate stereotypes.

    They add variety, but not depth. They do things, which can be interesting, but in the whole scheme of things are irrelevant.
    Even SXB is a very shallow character with an unrealistic backstory (his life as SXB & the Pig Slaughtering Knife).
    .
    Among the side-characters so far, the one that has most depth is probably Kevin... and I don't think it's hard to see that he's a fairly irrelevant character.
    Kali, the most 'relevant' side character, is lonely because she's extremely strong and her race got wiped by OSoC. There's really nothing else to say...

    Kevin's immaturity comes from his superpower. Growing in a regular neighborhood, having a superpower made him feel special. Being positively reinforced for showcasing his superpower, he became overconfident and gained a fighting style that abuses his superpower for all his attacks.

    The other characters fall into a weird stereotype that can be summed in not so many words words.
    e.g. Mu Yuesheng = Cultivation freak with powerful superpower but low cultivation speed. Had a bad first impression of SXB.
    Anything that could be expanded upon has not been expanded upon, but we did get long paragraphs of her dilemma against being molested by SXB vs. increasing her cultivation... The change in her attitude toward SXB just comes from her realizing he's not actually a pervert; not because of character development from either side.

    They're all very shallow like that. Why do the kids want to become strong? Because they're kids and society looks up to heroes. That's it for most of them. Very little to expand on. Nothing that makes them feel human.
    One may say it's understandable since most of them are just kids... which is a fair point when it comes to it being understandable. But they're still shallow.

    What do I mean by something to expand on?
    An example, with a summary word bolded, and paragraphs that show that the word alone isn't a good enough explanation of their character.

    A somewhat recent anime series is Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans. Many of them have the same background, that is being child soldiers and having little human rights. It's far from perfect, but it does show character building.

    The two protagonists show a very simplistic way of life from the beginning. Although they keep this up throughout, we see insecurities, doubts, reconfirmation, and an end that matched those ideals without plot armor interfering.

    The child soldiers showed variety and uniqueness despite having some characteristics that identify them all as child soldiers. Befitting their age, when one of the vice-captains was put in a tough position as the captain was in a coma, he showed insecurities from all the responsibility, while there were some who showed great conviction in their way of life. Being insecure, he was easily misled and affected by his peers who have the very simple philosophy of "fighting to solve problems". This causes the death of one of his close friends who saves him in a battle. He realizes that he was tired of all the fighting and that he already had everything he wanted (vs. the group as a whole aimed for greater heights), he made the decision to quit the group and live with his sister. All this was not just to establish depth for these side characters, but was also important to the story as a whole, being a political attack to the group's greatest political ally. (Takaki)
    Simplifying this to him being not ambitious or has a blood-related sister... Doesn't really do it justice, right?

    They used to be in a very poor situation, so choices were easy. Fight or die. But once they established themselves as a group, the leader was shown to face dilemmas. To be satisfied and let the group live in peace, or to continue fighting for more gains? Egged on by his group, they continue fighting, but slowly he shows more and more insecurities. And how he got egged on wasn't them pressuring him. It was words like "Let's not get bullied around. Let's show them what we're made of. It's how we've always done things." Of course, there were reasons behind why they didn't face severe repercussions for acting reckless in the past. Their enemies are now different, their allies are also different. And this isn't exactly told to us by having side characters talk about it. We see the progression ourselves on screen, especially since we have a better grasp of the overall situation as the audience. And finally, there's a time where he finally reaches a breaking point and suggests surrender. (Orga)
    Simplifying this to him being reckless isn't enough...

    They're child soldiers. This realization comes to the audience not just from an infodump. In a scene, we are shown that they are all very surprised at how high of a wage they're earning. In a later scene, we see that some of them have a friend handle their financials. One of the newer members asks a few questions and the flow goes like this...
    They don't know what they can use their money on. They just want to earn it because they understand that more money is better than having less.
    This shows the effects that their life so far has had on them. It's not just "they were human slaves" done. Their upbringing had long-lasting impacts on how they grew up. They care about gains and losses, yet are ignorant to the whys and hows of society. Ignorant as they may be, they still exhibit basic human behavior.
    This has much more depth than simply "they are former child soldiers". Even though the life of child soldiers is something we've never experienced. We can catch glimpses of how they lived their lives through such exposition, not just through infodumps.
    And these scenes took less than a minute out of an episode.

    And this is just a random example, and is not all the characters from the series... It's not a particularly spectacular example of an anime with very deep characters...


    For an example from novels that you may have read... Er Gen's important cast feel human despite having a touch of xianxia in them.
    Not even looking far, TMW may be a bit repetitive in terms of flow, but the characters do show some depth.

    Can anything similar be said about the characters of AC? No. If they do have depth, it's not shown in the story.
    Most of their character traits are a result of their natural disposition.

    Are they still funny and fun to read about? Yes. At least they can be based on preference.

    But to insinuate they have depth objectively is reaching very very far.
    Even SXB has been a shallow character from the very beginning. Interesting, yes, but very shallow.
  • It's frustrating. The dingbat author doesn't post his chapters.
  • let me guess infernal queen was the hero king right? 
  • tempe said:
    let me guess infernal queen was the hero king right? 
    Couldn't be more wrong. 
  • frenzy85 said:
    Coruscan said:
    These tower arcs have been my favorite moments in this series, so what if the story doesn't advance? SXB making friends/gathering followers, training his teammates and their developments are pretty interesting to see. At least they're not just some characters who's there for the sake of being spectators and then disappear until replaced by other characters who's purpose are also being some spectators. SXB also relied on them when he was unconscious and now we're even seeing other people from other organizations becoming his friends and learning from him. These side characters' development alone shits on other stories that have their side characters' personality stays the same from beginning till the end.

    I came looking for spoilers, yet here I am writing an essay. 
    You're probably not gonna like it, so yeah. Press that spoiler button at your own risk. It's also quite long, so eh...


    That you like the story is good and all. And I myself find the story quite funny and interesting.

    But I'm pretty sure his "teammates" are all irrelevant.
    For some time now until they reached the 7th floor, because of the existence known as Kali, SXB was never in any real danger.
    And in the end, it was SXB that had to fend off the enemy...

    Was him meeting a lot of people interesting? Depends on preference, but most probably liked at least some of them.
    But when talking of whether the characters have depth and importance? ... Most of them are blank slate stereotypes.

    They add variety, but not depth. They do things, which can be interesting, but in the whole scheme of things are irrelevant.
    Even SXB is a very shallow character with an unrealistic backstory (his life as SXB & the Pig Slaughtering Knife).
    .
    Among the side-characters so far, the one that has most depth is probably Kevin... and I don't think it's hard to see that he's a fairly irrelevant character.
    Kali, the most 'relevant' side character, is lonely because she's extremely strong and her race got wiped by OSoC. There's really nothing else to say...

    Kevin's immaturity comes from his superpower. Growing in a regular neighborhood, having a superpower made him feel special. Being positively reinforced for showcasing his superpower, he became overconfident and gained a fighting style that abuses his superpower for all his attacks.

    The other characters fall into a weird stereotype that can be summed in not so many words words.
    e.g. Mu Yuesheng = Cultivation freak with powerful superpower but low cultivation speed. Had a bad first impression of SXB.
    Anything that could be expanded upon has not been expanded upon, but we did get long paragraphs of her dilemma against being molested by SXB vs. increasing her cultivation... The change in her attitude toward SXB just comes from her realizing he's not actually a pervert; not because of character development from either side.

    They're all very shallow like that. Why do the kids want to become strong? Because they're kids and society looks up to heroes. That's it for most of them. Very little to expand on. Nothing that makes them feel human.
    One may say it's understandable since most of them are just kids... which is a fair point when it comes to it being understandable. But they're still shallow.

    What do I mean by something to expand on?
    An example, with a summary word bolded, and paragraphs that show that the word alone isn't a good enough explanation of their character.

    A somewhat recent anime series is Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans. Many of them have the same background, that is being child soldiers and having little human rights. It's far from perfect, but it does show character building.

    The two protagonists show a very simplistic way of life from the beginning. Although they keep this up throughout, we see insecurities, doubts, reconfirmation, and an end that matched those ideals without plot armor interfering.

    The child soldiers showed variety and uniqueness despite having some characteristics that identify them all as child soldiers. Befitting their age, when one of the vice-captains was put in a tough position as the captain was in a coma, he showed insecurities from all the responsibility, while there were some who showed great conviction in their way of life. Being insecure, he was easily misled and affected by his peers who have the very simple philosophy of "fighting to solve problems". This causes the death of one of his close friends who saves him in a battle. He realizes that he was tired of all the fighting and that he already had everything he wanted (vs. the group as a whole aimed for greater heights), he made the decision to quit the group and live with his sister. All this was not just to establish depth for these side characters, but was also important to the story as a whole, being a political attack to the group's greatest political ally. (Takaki)
    Simplifying this to him being not ambitious or has a blood-related sister... Doesn't really do it justice, right?

    They used to be in a very poor situation, so choices were easy. Fight or die. But once they established themselves as a group, the leader was shown to face dilemmas. To be satisfied and let the group live in peace, or to continue fighting for more gains? Egged on by his group, they continue fighting, but slowly he shows more and more insecurities. And how he got egged on wasn't them pressuring him. It was words like "Let's not get bullied around. Let's show them what we're made of. It's how we've always done things." Of course, there were reasons behind why they didn't face severe repercussions for acting reckless in the past. Their enemies are now different, their allies are also different. And this isn't exactly told to us by having side characters talk about it. We see the progression ourselves on screen, especially since we have a better grasp of the overall situation as the audience. And finally, there's a time where he finally reaches a breaking point and suggests surrender. (Orga)
    Simplifying this to him being reckless isn't enough...

    They're child soldiers. This realization comes to the audience not just from an infodump. In a scene, we are shown that they are all very surprised at how high of a wage they're earning. In a later scene, we see that some of them have a friend handle their financials. One of the newer members asks a few questions and the flow goes like this...
    They don't know what they can use their money on. They just want to earn it because they understand that more money is better than having less.
    This shows the effects that their life so far has had on them. It's not just "they were human slaves" done. Their upbringing had long-lasting impacts on how they grew up. They care about gains and losses, yet are ignorant to the whys and hows of society. Ignorant as they may be, they still exhibit basic human behavior.
    This has much more depth than simply "they are former child soldiers". Even though the life of child soldiers is something we've never experienced. We can catch glimpses of how they lived their lives through such exposition, not just through infodumps.
    And these scenes took less than a minute out of an episode.

    And this is just a random example, and is not all the characters from the series... It's not a particularly spectacular example of an anime with very deep characters...


    For an example from novels that you may have read... Er Gen's important cast feel human despite having a touch of xianxia in them.
    Not even looking far, TMW may be a bit repetitive in terms of flow, but the characters do show some depth.

    Can anything similar be said about the characters of AC? No. If they do have depth, it's not shown in the story.
    Most of their character traits are a result of their natural disposition.

    Are they still funny and fun to read about? Yes. At least they can be based on preference.

    But to insinuate they have depth objectively is reaching very very far.
    Even SXB has been a shallow character from the very beginning. Interesting, yes, but very shallow.
    i didn't read the example but i did read the paragraph, and i couldn't agree, although it's true that at the moment they have no depth but you can't just ignore all the potential they have, mozi(i forgot her name lol) has a titan bloodline and probably has a lot of mysteries behind her, there was the white dragon that everyone forgot about that we know a little bit about him and at the moment he's doing his own stuff with his brother, Mu Yuesheng came from the same clan as speechless and has some backstory with him, sunless and heartless are both sword freaks but the important person is their big brother who stopped his cultivation for some reason and acted dumb, speechless himself also stopped his cultivation for 10 years, if anything kevin is the simplest character in the group at the moment if you look at everyone's potential at developing because kevin can't develop anymore or at least that's what it seems. also although it's true that kali is protecting SXB in secret but its only SXB safety, she doesn't care about the trial or anyone else's life...

    sorry if i have any grammar mistakes and it pains your eyes, i'm trying to improve lol
  • The hero king named li chenxi. And i highly doubt she has any ability to flirt lol.

    Personally i dont like the way the author writing her. Somehow she gives me arima kishou's vibe. 
  • Ninetieth said:
    The hero king named li chenxi. And i highly doubt she has any ability to flirt lol.

    Personally i dont like the way the author writing her. Somehow she gives me arima kishou's vibe. 
    I do not understand, if someone is called the hero king, does it not mean the person is male? 

    If so does it not mean the infernal queen is a man ? 
  • I want to ask how strong is speechless?  I havent read up to latest translation since I dropped it at chapter 306 to pile the chapter up.
  • edited May 2017
    She acted and dressed like a boy so everyone mistaken her gender

    Edit: speechless is strong. A bit stronger than current sxb.
  • so who rhw heck is infernal queen???? 
  • My only guess is lust. But im not even sure lol
  • frenzy85 said:
    But I'm pretty sure his "teammates" are all irrelevant.
    I'm pretty sure they're not. I've only read this up to chapter 100++ but the moment I saw sxb having that guilty crown power, I know that he's gonna need the power of his friends too.
  • he only ever takes the power from the speedster girl introduced later 
  • How good is he with a sword?
  • when does this arc end
  • Not yet even in the raw. Btw i have a feeling that the author is waiting for the translation to catch up. Maybe cktalon made some kind of agreement with him XD
  • Ninetieth said:
    Not yet even in the raw. Btw i have a feeling that the author is waiting for the translation to catch up. Maybe cktalon made some kind of agreement with him XD
    why dont you ask him @CKtalon ; hehehhehe
  • redleaf97 said:
    Ninetieth said:
    Not yet even in the raw. Btw i have a feeling that the author is waiting for the translation to catch up. Maybe cktalon made some kind of agreement with him XD
    why dont you ask him @CKtalon ; hehehhehe
    Nah i think we can guess the answer by cktalons's recent movement.
  • edited June 2017
    What are the 8th and 9th trial and did speechless really just drop dead like that after just being knocked back by xb ?
  • edited July 2017
    Someone please tell me Speechless isn't really gonna stay dead!? If he is, who really killed him and how will sxb solve it out???? Each time I'm reading the updates, I'm getting more and more annoyed with that 'Infernal Queen' bitch...
  • Same, I stopped at the part, speechless died, hoping their will be a twist later .....
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • speechless most likely figured out shi xiaobai's clear condition and used the chance to fake his death and leave the li family
  • Is speechless and his cousin mo are going to end up togethor?
  • Is speechless and his cousin mo are going to end up togethor?
    Up
Sign In or Register to comment.