Just finished reading this novel in Chinese (2373 chapters)

Comments

• would you be able to give a short summary of the current arc thats being translated? 
  • Summarise everything till the end in arcs or chapters *----*
  • edited December 2016
    Lord D said:
    would you be able to give a short summary of the current arc thats being translated? 
    So some of the sect disciples in the last area try to get back at Jiang Chen by poisoning him with some date rape poison that makes him super horny (if he doesn't have sex within a day or something he dies). When Jiang Chen is poisoned a disguised Dan Fei is also there with him but the poison only affects men so she isn't affected (but Jiang Chen doesn't realize it at the time). Because it's partly Dan Fei's fault Jiang Chen was poisoned (she activated the trap which released the poison) she decides to have sex with him to save him and also prove that she wasn't in on the scheme against him (he suspected her because she wasn't affected by the poison). So after revealing that she's a girl (but not her identity, she keeps her mask on) and having sex with Jiang Chen, Dan Fei leaves without telling anyone (she shows up again waaaay later, you later find out that she was impregnated by Jiang Chen at this time, and she ends up raising their daughter for like ten years by herself). 

Don't really remember the individual fights, but after like 6 months inside the training grounds place, that Huang'er chicks illness starts acting up, and the old guy she's with is worried that she won't be able to last until the end of the trials for Jiang Chen to cure her. So the old dude disrupts the foundations of the portal to the training ground world they're in to make it end earlier. After the disruptions, the sect leaders announce that they only have like 6 months left to finish the trials instead of the original 2 and a half years. So they speed everything up, and Jiang Chen ends up kicking everyone's ass, then killing that divine body girl by surprising her with his fire/ice vines. The world they're in then starts to fall apart but Jiang Chen stays to save one of the Purple Sun Sect disciples (the dude that was almost killed by his own master) and becomes trapped inside. The Tree Sect tries to reopen then portal to save him for a few days to no avail. Turns out the old guy and Huang'er are also inside still, and they show themselves to Jiang Chen (though Huang'er is wearing an ugly mask the whole time, we later find out that she's like the hottest girl ever and becomes Jiang Chen's main wifey). Turns out Huang'er isn't poisoned or ill, but cursed (her dad eloped with some girl to escape an arranged marriage and the fugly that he didn't want to marry got mad and used her own life as a sacrifice to curse Huang'er). 

Jiang Chen does know how to cure her, but needs certain herbs that are of course near impossible to find. So in the meantime he teaches Huang'er some songs to play on her wood Chinese piano thing that suppress the curse temporarily, giving her another 30 years to live given that she doesn't use her powers too often. So Jiang Chen spends another 6 months teaching Huang'er the songs while also training and becoming more OP. 

6 months later he leaves the trial place (forgot how, probably that old dude let him out) and goes back to the see the Spirit Master guy and finds that Dan Fei has left to travel the world (he doesn't connect Dan Fei with the masked girl he had sex with). Edit: Oh yeah, when he leaves the trial grounds, the old guy leaves to find the herb Huang'er needs, and asks Jiang Chen to let Huang'er follow him around until then.

He then joins the Tree Sect and shit starts getting crazy but I'm out of time so I'll have to write more later.
  • i already finish the book too, but have some question (dont know if i miss read or misunderstand thing)

- he didnt do anything to that monarch mountain thing?
    - where is that foreign battlefield go? and no info JC make that formation for people in that foreign battlefield to not invade them again?
    - how that ten thousand deity lock work? why in the past man qi got trapped when the formation active but at present the ten meridian demon still free, even the four beast need to hold that special medal incase they got trap
    - what is the real purpose of world monument? why its still a problem even after that ten thousand formation done?
  • Innis2 said:
    i already finish the book too, but have some question (dont know if i miss read or misunderstand thing)

- where is that foreign battlefield go? and no info JC make that formation for people in that foreign battlefield to not invade them again?
    - how that ten thousand deity lock work? why in the past man qi got trapped when the formation active but at present the ten meridian demon still free, even the four beast need to hold that special medal incase they got trap
    - what is the real purpose of world monument? why its still a problem even after that ten thousand formation done?
    1. Do you mean the metal mountain? No, not really. Author seemed to kind of just forget about the giant living in the mountain later on in the story. 
    2. The foreign battlefield didn't go anywhere. After JC reached high level God realm, he went to the foreign battlefield and did something to make their world harder to find. 
    3. Not sure which one is the ten thousand deity lock or which demon you are talking about. All the demons got owned in the end by JC.
    4. Not sure which world monument or ten thousand formation you are talking about.  
  • Innis2 said:
    i already finish the book too, but have some question (dont know if i miss read or misunderstand thing)

1. Do you mean the metal mountain? No, not really. Author seemed to kind of just forget about the giant living in the mountain later on in the story. 
    2. The foreign battlefield didn't go anywhere. After JC reached high level God realm, he went to the foreign battlefield and did something to make their world harder to find. 
    3. Not sure which one is the ten thousand deity lock or which demon you are talking about. All the demons got owned in the end by JC.
    4. Not sure which world monument or ten thousand formation you are talking about.  
  • Wait. So after the legacy trial thing, JC still went for the precious tree sect right? Was it ever revealed that he was the super op guy with a boulder's heart????? 
    If that's a yes (which I am very much hoping...) please explain in detail. Was anticipating that very moment at the end of the trial (T-T)
  • Wait. So after the legacy trial thing, JC still went for the precious tree sect right? Was it ever revealed that he was the super op guy with a boulder's heart????? 
    If that's a yes (which I am very much hoping...) please explain in detail. Was anticipating that very moment at the end of the trial (T-T)
    What was the boulder's heart again? I read it in Chinese so not exactly sure what you're referring to. 

And yea, he went to Precious Tree, but didn't really stay for very long. He did reach the next realm thanks to fruit from the sect though. 

The reason he didn't stay at precious tree for very long is because some of the sects from the highlands begins to meddle in the affairs of the lowland sects. One of the highland guilds which purple sun sect sold themselves to wanted the purple sun sect to forcefully combine all the lower land sects. As a strategic alliance to prevent being swallowed, JC joined one of the midlands sects as a shared disciple. 
    What was the boulder's heart again? I read it in Chinese so not exactly sure what you're referring to. 

And yea, he went to Precious Tree, but didn't really stay for very long. He did reach the next realm thanks to fruit from the sect though. 

The reason he didn't stay at precious tree for very long is because some of the sects from the highlands begins to meddle in the affairs of the lowland sects. One of the highland guilds which purple sun sect sold themselves to wanted the purple sun sect to forcefully combine all the lower land sects. As a strategic alliance to prevent being swallowed, JC joined one of the midlands sects as a shared disciple. 
    I mean on the legacy territory/trial they had to wear masks right... did JC ever reveal that he was the candidate that was supper OP from the start?
    "Freak with a Boulder's Heart" was what he was called there as they didn't know who he was.
  • Yes , they knew it was him. I think when 8 or 16 people were left in the final tournament they asked them to show themselves and choose sects. Then the tourney continued.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• what is the ill omen that appear in it's duke land (the one who let all the spirutual plant mature instant)?
    what happen to the catacomb in the future he will go back and free the beast he encounter on the forbidden level?
    what happen to the rat king and the cicada?
    Any strong beast follower join him in the future?

• When JC becomes celestial?
  • Around which chapter does Dan fei come back?
  • what is the ill omen that appear in it's duke land (the one who let all the spirutual plant mature instant)?
    what happen to the catacomb in the future he will go back and free the beast he encounter on the forbidden level?
    what happen to the rat king and the cicada?
    Any strong beast follower join him in the future?

1. It's not really stated much, pretty sure the author forgot about it. Something related to the Demon Clan.
    2. Yes, he goes back there several times and frees some of them on the condition they pledge to fight for him.
    3. The Rat King has his bloodline evolved and fights with Jiang Chen, the Cicada extracts some blood here and there when Jiang Chen needs it but after 1,300~ ish she's never mentioned again.
    4. Yes, he obtains the Four Divine Beasts as followers, Dragon, Vermillion Bird, White Tiger and Black Tortoise. He also obtains their bloodline and fuses them.

darkinx said:
    When JC becomes celestial?
    Chapter 1,709.

mskl102 said:
    Around which chapter does Dan fei come back?
    Jiang Chen and Dan Fei does not reunite untill the 1,300~ chapter mark. She does have some cameos here and there but it's under an alias.
  • will jiang chen rock the sky quadrant every exam before goin for martial dao etc?

• 1. Can you elaborate on how the issue with the purple sun sect and the upper levels sects was resolved? I was reading the machine translations and got up to the point where the disciples from upper sect were fighting JC in a tournament. Did he beat each of them?

2. Did anything happen to leader of purple sun sect and who now controls the 16 kingdoms? Is it the prescious tree sect since they have 3 origin/nascent realm fighters?

3. What sect did JC join and how did that sect know to come to the 16 kingdoms to intervene in the invasion?

4. Was huang'er strength revealed and is she in the origin/nascent realm on par with the purple sun sect leader?