Spoilers

Comments

• bonifide said:

What exactly is the black paper ? And why does he need to collect more ?

When you get to a certain level you can practice crazy body/domain skills. There is like 99 on the current list. The one he got is ancient and forgotten also OP. Makes your body almost indestructible. Like later he fought somebody with Lightning type skills almost all lightning he was immune too. Some have fire type body and skills. Apparently the 2nd paper let him upgrades it and IIRC its called immortal body. 

Oooh nice, thanks bro

What level of cultivation is the MC at in the current raws ? And since the Netherbird left him, did he ingest another beast spirit ?
    I have no idea about the level he is. You would have to get somebody that knows Chinese for that. Netherbird didn't leave him they blood binded. She can go into his body if she wants but when she finally awoke after her tribulation she stayed out of his body. Their relationship is more like Linley and Bebe. I just wish they would get together I'm tired of that girl he obsessed over. 

Whatever level or realm he at I just know he's a half step into the 9th level of that realm. Plus females will always be stronger than the MC in this novel. LOL
  • edited October 2015
    TGR Spiritual Energy Rankings
    These are the rankings. So after the academy arc at around ch-650, MC breaks from The Three sovereign disaster peak to Sovereign state. In the sovereign state there are 9 stages, after which there is break through into next level ie. Earth sovereign.So, presently MC is in 9 level of Sovereign state and I guess in  about 100 more chatpters he will break through into Earth sovereign.
    The strongest person in his gf family is her grandfather who is at peak of Earth sovereign. MC mother is in heavenly sovereign(dont' know what level in heavenly sovereign - power levels in heavenly sovereign have not been explained properly.
    According to author previous novels in BTTH and WDQK, MC always becomes stronger than peak level- so I guess at the end of the story he becomes stronger than heavenly sovereign and becomes unparalleled powerhouse.Also, Xiao Yan and Lin Dong power levels  have not been indicated according to classification in this novel, but since they are one of the strongest in this novel, they must be atleast  at peak of heavenly sovereign level. 
  • Thanks fellas
  • Can someone do a proper spoiler paragraph/story about what happens during his fight with the jie jishang and what happen after that excluding the exam for entrance of the school?
  • You are always very picky with how you want your spoilers. Your welcome to MTL yourself.
  • Well many people say that the entrance exam arc was ridiculously long so I just wanted to lessen the trouble how is that picky?
  • Actually entrance arc is only about 30 chapters if I remember correctly and academy arc is about 500 chapters.It's tough to give spoilers about the entire arc because of so many people and so many small arcs - but the main fight towards the end is about the person who kicked him out of the spiritual Road. I hope someone who is reading the raws presently can give u much better answer.I read is about a month or two ago, and its tough to remember all the small arcs in academy.
  • Actually entrance arc is only about 30 chapters if I remember correctly and academy arc is about 500 chapters.It's tough to give spoilers about the entire arc because of so many people and so many small arcs - but the main fight towards the end is about the person who kicked him out of the spiritual Road. I hope someone who is reading the raws presently can give u much better answer.I read is about a month or two ago, and its tough to remember all the small arcs in academy.

Yeah that arc was too got damn long. I can't even remember half of it. Since you read BTTH and that WQ something did any arcs in that last as long as this 500+ academy arc?
  • edited October 2015
    No most of the arc were smaller.I think biggest arcs are about 250 chapters.There was one arc in WDQK from about 400 to 650-680 chapters similar to arc in TGR where is competition between different academies.(Here it  is competition about different countries).I think it was the longest.
  • edited October 2015
    Nameless said:

Well many people say that the entrance exam arc was ridiculously long so I just wanted to lessen the trouble how is that picky?

actually that arc happens over the course of 1 month... they have to collect cards/keys.. the higher their numbers, the higher and better resources they'll get in the academy...
    so the arc is long with about 50 chps.. but tons of stuff happens.
    1. he meets 2 new characters (one little girl who is like level 4 symbol master and her sister).
    2. ppl finds out him and they want to take revenge because of what happened in spiritual road.
    3. he bumps into Luo lei (the girl he's looking for).
    4. they hunt 2 different high level beasts...
    5. He had to run because he had high level beasts essence or watever and during the run he and netherbird make a blood pact.
    6. after the entrance, he ended up getting challenged and winning to prove why he had the highest score and why ppl believe he would have gotten "The king" (don't remember the actual title for the strongest guys) on the spiritual road, had he finished.
    7. last but most important act in this arc - he actually convinces luo lei to share his flat... DingDing Ding -"Player Points Gained." >:)
  • edited October 2015
    If I remember correctly, the girl Luo Lei had highest score of 9 and  not the MC in the entrance competition.
  • animeda said:

Nameless said:

Well many people say that the entrance exam arc was ridiculously long so I just wanted to lessen the trouble how is that picky?

actually that arc happens over the course of 1 month... they have to collect cards/keys.. the higher their numbers, the higher and better resources they'll get in the academy...
    so the arc is long with about 50 chps.. but tons of stuff happens.
    1. he meets 2 new characters (one little girl who is like level 4 symbol master and her sister).
    2. ppl finds out him and they want to take revenge because of what happened in spiritual road.
    3. he bumps into Luo lei (the girl he's looking for).
    4. they hunt 2 different high level beasts...
    5. He had to run because he had high level beasts essence or watever and during the run he and netherbird make a blood pact.
    6. after the entrance, he ended up getting challenged and winning to prove why he had the highest score and why ppl believe he would have gotten "The king" (don't remember the actual title for the strongest guys) on the spiritual road, had he finished.
    7. last but most important act in this arc - he actually convinces luo lei to share his flat... DingDing Ding -"Player Points Gained." >:)

Tks for the rough summary but why was he kicked out of spiritual road?it was him doin something to the guy right can someone tell me im curious
  • If I remember correctly, the girl Luo Lei had highest score of 9 and  not the MC in the entrance competition.

they have equal amount... but she finished the spriitual road n he didn't... and to get extra points and resources, they have to challenge a senior student... He does and kick ass...
    Nameless said:

Tks for the rough summary but why was he kicked out of spiritual road?it was him doin something to the guy right can someone tell me im curious

dunno for now. Only it had everyone shaking in fear or trying to kill him before he gets stronger... MC even gained a nickname bloody something (I have to check that out).
  • What powerup did mc get when he Reach towerform for his great pagoda arts since he needed that lvl to unlock his spiritual pulse?
  • guys what chp in the Wn that Mc meet with Xiao xiao (cai xiao  )?
    and what chp in the Manhwa that Mc meet with cai xiao ?
  • edited October 2015
    What I don't like about this novel are the progress of cultivation of the ppl around the mainchar.
    It doesnt make sense for shit.

In the academy, it is said that the top-ranked dudes( &girl) in the 3 heaven stages. They have been @ those cultivation lvls for YEARS!!!.
    And the ranked 1 dude has been no. 1 for years on the ranking.
    Then MC comes along and interacts with them, first the gap is wide and he catches up to them. But when he is about to overtake them, they too suddenly progress at the rate the MC is progressing (always staying 1 or 2 lvls ahead of the MC).

Well SHIT, if they had so much talent, WTF were they doing all those years in the academy with barely any progress.
    Like when the mc meets the dude, he was @ Early heavenly completion stage, he reached this lvl aften being many years in the academy.
    Then BOOM, within 1 year while interacting with the mc, he lvls up all the way into Sovereign stage.

Later when they go back to Nine nether birds place, she was one of the 9 kings and had a cultivation of 4th lvl Sovereign Stage, the others were at least at 5th lvl Sovereign stage and Nine Nether birds was considered the weakest among the kings. Those kings remained at these cultivation stages for years. When mc comes along, one way or another, they somehow achieved enlightment and the weakest king progressed to 7th lvl Sovereign within 2 years.

As for plot hole, there are many many things wrong with the Nine Nether Bird.. the story involving her... Just doesn't seem right. To the point it's not even a plot hole anymore, all those facts told about the Nine Nether Bird, they just contradict each other.

Another thing are the treasures, he needs 3 super duper rare treasures to build his ancient immortal body.
    Doesn't have it? Np, just go to auction house. Cause the auction house has like everything.
    Not enough money for the last piece? Np, some rich dude buys it. The rich dude is greedy as well and tries to rob the mc. The mc counter-robbed him. Last piece aquired.. Yay!!!

Legit story man, i doubt even a 6 year old would be satisfied with that.

• @bladerash

Exactly I pretty much dropped it when they finally found that temple. I don't have time for another bullshit competition test shit.
  • Is this a top novel in China? It sounds like the author is stalling the story to the point of ruining it.
  • Is this a top novel in China? It sounds like the author is stalling the story to the point of ruining it.

Well every chinese novels are like this.

Yeah the sites i go to I see it at the top. Yeah the author is stalling like no tomorrow. It's on the same level as Chaotic Sword God current arc with dragging shit out.
  • edited November 2015
    I really cannot understand how this is one of the top novels in most Chinese sites. Leaving aside the story being dragged out a lot, author's  pace of release has decreased to 1 chapter every 2 days.(All the other authors release at least 1 chapter and some of them more than 2 day). I find it funny that as the author pace is deceasing the popularity is increasing.Maybe  the reason why is  popular is because it has  very close links with BTTH and WDQK and is sort of continuation  of those stories.
  • I wish the author would stop with the fucking auctions.

No matter what, mc always gets the good stuff from the auctions. The author is too lazy to write a good story, so comes up with the auction again and again so the mc can acquire treasures easy mode.

1. mc buys it himself
    2. mc is not rich enough but random rich girl buys it for him
    3. random enemy gets it, follows mc looking for trouble, loses to mc, mc gets his treasure.

Oh yea, whenever mc gets the treasures from scenario 1 or 2. There will always be people who are offended for being not rich enough. Later on, looking for trouble.
    Enemy creation easy mode.

This stuff gets recycled over and over again. Just wondering, do people really dig this shit?
  • bladerash said:

I wish the author would stop with the fucking auctions.

No matter what, mc always gets the good stuff from the auctions. The author is too lazy to write a good story, so comes up with the auction again and again so the mc can acquire treasures easy mode.

1. mc buys it himself
    2. mc is not rich enough but random rich girl buys it for him
    3. random enemy gets it, follows mc looking for trouble, loses to mc, mc gets his treasure.

Oh yea, whenever mc gets the treasures from scenario 1 or 2. There will always be people who are offended for being not rich enough. Later on, looking for trouble.
    Enemy creation easy mode.

This stuff gets recycled over and over again. Just wondering, do people really dig this shit?
    Naw especially when its done by the same author in all his works. I pretty much dropped them all since their all the same shit. I dont mind at least one auction house in a xianxia novel but when you keep doing its annoying. Plus in this novel he rarely kills and it just causes more trouble. So I'm going to say this is a shounen xianxia. lol
  • Considering the fact that probably 90% of you guys use MT to read the Novel, I´m just gonna call all of this bullshit untill the TL´s get there.
  • The author seems to prefer more shounen like mcs, he probably is a big fan of Japanese manga's, so I doubt this story will suit the taste of someone who likes IEatTomatoes works. The mc rarely kills too.
  • Leylin said:

Considering the fact that probably 90% of you guys use MT to read the Novel, I´m just gonna call all of this bullshit untill the TL´s get there.

You can call it bullshit all you want. I can tell you must be in love with this novel but the facts are the facts. 
  • @ Vexram

I'll post this here so as not to distract from the WDQK thread.

I have no real opinion on TGR yet as I've only read 500 chapters (MTL) so far, and I have only read like 70 chapters of BTTH. From what I've read so far the MC of TGR is a carbon copy of the WDQK MC, with the exception that the MC of TGR Mu Chen is not so rash.

I will agree that the fights seem to be unnecessarily drug out. Some of the other criticisms I've read in this thread seem to ignore the context of the story entirely.
  • Brega said:

@ Vexram

I have no real opinion on TGR yet as I've only read 500 chapters (MTL) so far, and I have only read like 70 chapters of BTTH. From what I've read so far the MC of TGR is a carbon copy of the WDQK MC, with the exception that the MC of TGR Mu Chen is not so rash.

I will agree that the fights seem to be unnecessarily drug out. Some of the other criticisms I've read in this thread seem to ignore the context of the story entirely.

well the author seems to follow the same formula for all his stories. it took 3 stories for me to see it but this author really is a 1 trick pony and when he tries to go outside his comfort zone, everything falls apart. as it has in TGR.
  • Brega said:

@ Vexram

Tell me the context of the story

All he does is have some competition piss off strong powers. When he's about to get beat strong female saves him. He gets treasure trains power up to get revenge. Only to piss off more people. Rinse and repeat. I don't know a single MC that got as many power ups as him so far. Only MCs that has these crazy power ups are Chinese VRMMOs. 
  • Can someone piece me a short summary together of what happened in the chapters up to the translated ones and the next 100-200 ones?

I read the reason he got kicked out of the Spiritual Road whatsoever is cause a daddy's tits sucking douche bag kid who used the power of his family to get him kicked out? Is he going to just destroy this little douche bag like either killing him or permanently crippling him and destroying his family? Or is he someone who does not care about it since he "stands above them"?

I have to say I read the first few chapters once and well I kinda did not feel the same urge to follow the story like in BTTH or WDQK. Is it just he beginning or? And also the beginning with the training and talking about him once being in the whatever road and going to wahtever academy did kinda hit me in the wrong spot ^^.

(am not to sure why btw ^^)