Spoilers

What happens next?
When does he enter The great academy (Northern Heaven Spiritual Academy)?
When does he meet Luo Li? What's her attitude towards him?
Does he meet with Lin Dong or Xiao Yan?

Comments

• What happens next?

Does he meet with Lin Dong or Xiao Yan?

I don't know when he enters the great academy, but I do know that the next arc is about a giant test in order for the people to enter.
    He meets Luo Li during the test arc, and that arc lasts like 30+ chapters so he meets her near the end. Well her attitude from the MT seems to be she loves him/ likes him? Side Note: The test involves competitors taking levels from others, for example a seeded position gives you a level of 3 at the start, and a regular position gives you a level of 2, so you want to raise your level in order to pass the test by taking the levels of other people

• What happens next?

If you are following the translations then, Mu chen will impress the bandit head and they'll together take care of other bandits groups in the area.
    next arc is Lui family's head making a power play... because the gramps leveled up after training. Gramps went after all the other territory lords and Lui mubai went after Mu chen... When MC saw his father in hard position, he bargained with the netherbird and used its power to kill the gramps and his father and others killed Lui family head. So only mubai remains from their clan...
    After that he enters the spirit academy for a month long test. the test is something similar to the BTTH manhua test in the academy.
    You get levels, you can increase your levels by battling the beasts or other students.
    he and moling meets a little girl who is like level 4 spirit master, but can't create a seal in pinch. So he had to save her... and becomes her new oni-chan... later on they meet the little girl's sister, good fighter and together they gain many levels.
    One of the test taker, a fodder character recognize Mu chen from the spirit road and brings his elder brother into it... they plan and fight, MC shows why he's the boss...
    Now big brother realizes why MC was such a monster in spirit road, he gives up but plans behind his back.
    his plan was simple... making MC go after a high level beast and then telling everyone in the test about it.
    somewhere during this, he meets Luo Li (tsundere) and they fight the high level beast nad of course everyone is after MC because they want the beast...
    to survive MC had to make a blood pact with the netherbird and together they pretty much own every other contestant...
    Arc finish with MC and Luo Li having the highest levels... and while another spirit road test taker recognize MC and challenges, and gets owned...
  • So his beast will be the netherbird or its just a one time deal?
  • Balur said:

So his beast will be the netherbird or its just a one time deal?

from what I think its deal is little different than Mu feng and others who have beasts... when I think of Mu feng and others I think back to Daoulu dalu spirit rings where users get the powers related to the beast... here they can only use one beast's power.
    With Mu chen it's more like Naruto/kurama relationship. I stopped at around his joining the academy, so I don't really know how the whole deal/pact b/w them.
  • Can someone provide a raw link and how is it readable with MT...thanks
  • http://www.piaotian.net/html/4/4317/
    That's the link for the raws or just go to manga updates -> the great ruler and press the "Web Novel" button

also ik from the other spoiler page that he hasn't unsealed his spirit pulse but does anyone know what grade it is?
  • From what i read he didn't unsealed his pulse yet...
    Well the raw are fairly easy to understand with the MT... 
    Compared with ISSTH or Desolate Era.... 
  • edited September 2015
    When does mu chen and the netherworld bird do the pact that binds their life ( one dies the other one goes too)?

Edit: Nvm it was 141.
  • Mu chen and Luo Li ever get split or something happens to her?
  • Balur said:

Mu chen and Luo Li ever get split or something happens to her?

Yeah they get split up but its more like they basically graduated that academy. She had to go back home and he traveled the world just so he can be unmatchable just to protect her. 

Balur said:

So his beast will be the netherbird or its just a one time deal?

She is not his beast his Companion. She is stronger than him once she goes through her tribulation she can transform into a human. After that tribulation she goes missing for like 300+ chapters. I stopped reading in the 1000s but I know in the current raw chapters the arc is about her family. 

• YueChe said:

From what i read he didn't unsealed his pulse yet...

What is mt?I need a good translator 4 the raws
  • YueChe said:

From what i read he didn't unsealed his pulse yet...

What is mt?I need a good translator 4 the raws
    MT= machine translation (aka, google translate, bing translate, and all those other machine translators you can either visit or download)
  • does anyone knows the cultivation rank in this LN?
  • Biggest problem with this series is he rarely kills later. It turns into a shounen/super hero type situation like he defeats the opponent. Later they come to harass him over and over. This happens too many times later. Which is ironic when he was like a demon in the spirit road. 
  • edited October 2015
    Even bigger problem  is story does not proceed at all. He is caught up in some side stories which are dragged as hell.Even the fights are dragged and each fight is about 5 chapters.But finally something happening in the latest raws and we meet Xiao Yan.
    I mean plot is decent but and future powerups are clear but each powerup takes so much time that it becomes boring and you only want to read something like short summary of the arc and powerups rather than the full story.The story has good potential but author has dragged it like hell.Also, he has recently slowed down the releases like 1 chapter in 2 days.  When he started the novel he was releasing like 2 chapters per day. Any idea why?
  • Even bigger problem  is story does not proceed at all. He is caught up in some side stories which are dragged as hell.Even the fights are dragged and each fight is about 5 chapters.But finally something happening in the latest raws and we meet Xiao Yan.

I mean plot is decent but and future powerups are clear but each powerup takes so much time that it becomes boring and you only want to read something like short summary of the arc and powerups rather than the full story.The story has good potential but author has dragged it like hell.Also, he has recently slowed down the releases like 1 chapter in 2 days.  When he started the novel he was releasing like 2 chapters per day. Any idea why?
    Yeah the plot is dragged out and it is extremely slow. I'm currently catching up now and didn't know he finally met Xiao Yan i guess his daughter is around. Only idea i can think of is because its popular in China so he can afford to do it slow. Before the phoenix arc I thought he would finally get another black paper but nope. This series will be at least 3000 chapters. It also seems the author is copying way too much other works. ATM when he levels up he has to be like Chu Feng taking millions of profound beads. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this problem. The worst arc of all was that academy arc it slowed down the entire story.
  • so you're basically saying this guy reads to much shounen jump and started copying their styles of dragged battles and power up and MC is super retarded? good to know. sounds like this story kinda turned into One piece, starts good as hell but then after a point author decided it's time to turn it to shit.
  • edited October 2015
    Mc does not meet xiao yan but i think in future mc may meet. He is introduced in story talking to someone else. I thought academy arc was pretty ok compared to what's coming after that. Chapters from 650 onwards are shit. He leaves academy to find into about other black pieces and does everything else other than that. The latest arc which is going to start is going to be about 2 piece of black paper and still no clue about 3 part
    Vexram said:

so you're basically saying this guy reads to much shounen jump and started copying their styles of dragged battles and power up and MC is super retarded? good to know. sounds like this story kinda turned into One piece, starts good as hell but then after a point author decided it's time to turn it to shit.

Mc is not retarded and plot is not bad--only slow and restwhatever you said is pretty true.
  • edited October 2015
    Vexram said:

so you're basically saying this guy reads to much shounen jump and started copying their styles of dragged battles and power up and MC is super retarded? good to know. sounds like this story kinda turned into One piece, starts good as hell but then after a point author decided it's time to turn it to shit.

MC not retarted lol he is smart just struggles in a lot of fights. He wins by luck, smarts, and confidence. The fights get dragged out like crazy later that part is true. I think one of his favorite tropes is damsel in distress. When he does a break through its always like 2-3 chapters. It does do a lot of pointless side stories. I'll tell you right now ATM I have no idea why its called The Great Ruler. He aint conquered shit or even attempted to have ambitions to take over. His sole goal for now is to get strong just to protect that crazy girl. 

I will say he is never OP like Yun Che or Chu Feng fighting realms above them. The most he can fight is like 2 levels above him. That's why i said the fights are like One Piece Luffy fights. Always a struggle sometimes you want him to beat the shit out of them like Chu Feng. lol. At least mix it up some.
  • edited October 2015
    bonifide said:

Vexram said:

MC not retarted lol he is smart just struggles in a lot of fights. He wins by luck, smarts, and confidence. The fights get dragged out like crazy later that part is true. I think one of his favorite tropes is damsel in distress. When he does a break through its always like 2-3 chapters. It does do a lot of pointless side stories. I'll tell you right now ATM I have no idea why its called The Great Ruler. He aint conquered shit or even attempted to have ambitions to take over. His sole goal for now is to get strong just to protect that crazy girl. 

I will say he is never OP like Yun Che or Chu Feng fighting realms above them. The most he can fight is like 2 levels above him. That's why i said the fights are like One Piece Luffy fights. Always a struggle sometimes you want him to beat the shit out of them like Chu Feng. lol. At least mix it up some.
    In every arc he conveniently meets people the so called genius who are just 1-2 levels over them. He defeats them and is proclaimed as new genius.This happens over and over and over so many times. When he meets someone really strong , he is saved and always by a girl( I really don't know why it has to be a female always).This happens in every arc, u can almost predict what's going to happen
  • when i said retarded i wasn't saying he was actually dumb but it's been mentioned plenty of times how he keeps letting people live when he should just kill them. i'd like to know if there was some event that made him go from uber ruthless dude to softy punching bag masochist.

i guess the author could have gotten lazy that instead of simply killing them and making new guys just kept the old bad guys but thats such an annoying concept and it's been done to death. thats why i tend to like these xia type stories since they don't usually have the common cliches and when they do they end fast.
  • bonifide said:

Vexram said:

In every arc he conveniently meets people the so called genius who are just 1-2 levels over them. He defeats them and is proclaimed as new genius.This happens over and over and over so many times. When he meets someone really strong , he is saved and always by a girl( I really don't know why it has to be a female always).This happens in every arc, u can almost predict what's going to happen
    Yep and you can tell that female likes him. He only has eyes for that crazy chick. I'm glad you also notice this. Almost every arc he travels with another female aka BTTH. Except this aint no harem. He does get saved a lot. It ain't almost predict you can predict. Plus his masochist training he truly believes the only way to get stronger is to torture yourself. Plus each arc is literally a treasure hunt. I don't get why every got damn arc is like some tournament.

Vexram said:

when i said retarded i wasn't saying he was actually dumb but it's been mentioned plenty of times how he keeps letting people live when he should just kill them. i'd like to know if there was some event that made him go from uber ruthless dude to softy punching bag masochist.

i guess the author could have gotten lazy that instead of simply killing them and making new guys just kept the old bad guys but thats such an annoying concept and it's been done to death. thats why i tend to like these xia type stories since they don't usually have the common cliches and when they do they end fast.

I have no idea why he lets them off because they come back and bring allies. I can't even remember the last time he killed somebody. I think it was in some graveyard war. 
  • this thread doesnt sound promising at all... i am not sure if i should drop it....
    considering that the author wrote BTTH and how BTTH is a garbage, this just sounds like BTTH....

i stopped reading BTTH a month ago roughly, because it just didnt cut it for me... i remember when i first started reading BTTH, my first impression was to call it garbage but i still kept reading it, hoping it would turn out better...but sadly it didnt...there're simply much better novels to read... no offense to fans...pls dont be retarded, i am stating my opinion of a novel...you can love it all you want...

and now, reading spoilers here, i know that i will drop this series as well...daymmmm...
  • I just read the latest chapter seems like its going to be another shitty competition at the temple. He probably wont even get that sheet up paper and if he doesn't I'm done with this series for good. Since he's been looking for the 2nd paper for like the last 400+ chapters. 

matricha said:

this thread doesnt sound promising at all... i am not sure if i should drop it....
    considering that the author wrote BTTH and how BTTH is a garbage, this just sounds like BTTH....

i stopped reading BTTH a month ago roughly, because it just didnt cut it for me... i remember when i first started reading BTTH, my first impression was to call it garbage but i still kept reading it, hoping it would turn out better...but sadly it didnt...there're simply much better novels to read... no offense to fans...pls dont be retarded, i am stating my opinion of a novel...you can love it all you want...

and now, reading spoilers here, i know that i will drop this series as well...daymmmm...

Well TGR started out good just turned average. I truly hope WDQK doesnt turn the same way since its good so far. I'm not sure if you read MGA but if you did remember the beast mountain where the group went to go look for treasures and Chu Feng gets lucky and gets it. This happens every single arc in TGR.
  • yea, i read MGA.... armament axe?
    to be honest, this is what i said about TGR when i started reading it..."everything is so perfectly laid out for MC and he is illogically smarter than most"
  • matricha said:

yea, i read MGA.... armament axe?
    to be honest, this is what i said about TGR when i started reading it..."everything is so perfectly laid out for MC and he is illogically smarter than most"

Yeah the axe except this MC has to fight for w/e lucky treasure he finds. He can't just look for something solo minding his business. It's always conflict. Not even Chu Feng gets attack by competition when he goes to emperor tombs.  
  • What exactly is the black paper ? And why does he need to collect more ?
  • What exactly is the black paper ? And why does he need to collect more ?

When you get to a certain level you can practice crazy body/domain skills. There is like 99 on the current list. The one he got is ancient and forgotten also OP. Makes your body almost indestructible. Like later he fought somebody with Lightning type skills almost all lightning he was immune too. Some have fire type body and skills. Apparently the 2nd paper let him upgrades it and IIRC its called immortal body. 
  • bonifide said:

What exactly is the black paper ? And why does he need to collect more ?

When you get to a certain level you can practice crazy body/domain skills. There is like 99 on the current list. The one he got is ancient and forgotten also OP. Makes your body almost indestructible. Like later he fought somebody with Lightning type skills almost all lightning he was immune too. Some have fire type body and skills. Apparently the 2nd paper let him upgrades it and IIRC its called immortal body. 

Oooh nice, thanks bro

What level of cultivation is the MC at in the current raws ? And since the Netherbird left him, did he ingest another beast spirit ?