CD Fanfic - Hidden Tiger's Choker [Chapter 1 Part 2 in Progress.]

edited October 2015 in Fanfiction
Hello people!~
I thought i would go ahead and start the Fanfiction for Coiling dragon during Linley's absence from the yulan plane.

Each chapter should take a week to write as it will be a hobby story, since i have my own (badly written) story to attend to as well.

I just hope i keep my info nice and consistent with Coiling Dragon's, honestly. :p

First chapter probably won't be out till next week, but i figured giving a synopsis for the first book would be good for now.

The book's will (hopefully) be as long as Coiling Dragons books were. The first one is planned as such, anyways.

Feel free to give suggestions for character names in english, otherwise i'll have to wing it later once i get the first book done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suyin Xiaoli, 9 years old, is living with her older sister in a small shack near an orphanage on Bluefire continent. She is a tomboy at heart and very plain in look, with innocent eyes housing a curious light. This contrasts heavily with her sisters beautiful features but dead and lifeless eyes. Her sister brought her here after their aunt died from overworking herself, wanting to start a new life for the two. Shy and introverted around the other kids at the orphanage, she mostly keeps to herself as she explores the forest near the city she lives in. Only around her sister is she happy and playful, but her sister's job has her rarely come home.

One boring day within her room, her sister brings home a choker she bought from a travelling peddler on her way back. Rarely receiving gifts, she wears it happily and never takes it off. While exploring the forest, some of the orphanage kids find her and dare her to enter a cave located within the mountains nearby. When she enters it and a large bear living there wounds her, a ghostly figure of a white tiger appears in front of her and fends off the bear. When she returns to the orphanage, a strange man dressed in black is talking to the orphanage owner accompanied by a woman with golden dragon wings on her back.

What is this strange white tiger that does not speak? What is her sisters real job? and who is this strange man dressed in black and the woman with him? 
Find out next time on Dragon Ba- I mean, Hidden Tiger's Choker!

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Wait, how long is the age of the continent that Bluefire create till current chapter?
    cause there's already peoples in that continent, are they peoples that migrate from Yulan Continent?

• edited September 2015
    240 years have passed since Linley left from the yulan plane.

People indeed migrated from Yulan continent. Bluefire Is not a sovereign, so i'm sure that's the only way for the land to collect people.

Using bluefire continent will let me have free reign on an area never described in yulan plane, as well! :D
    (At least for book 1...)

Using the 'side' info IET didn't give us so it's as non canon but undisputable as possible. I hope i am, at least.
  • edited September 2015
    Just posting this update to let people know that i'll be writing and uploading the chapter sometime by wednesday, to make sure im not setting too steep a deadline for such a long chapter.

I'll be messing with it tomorrow to get the 'feeling' of the story down, but i won't go further than about 1/3rd of the way on saturday to avoid burnout.

~Peace!~
  • edited September 2015
    Oh lord, looking up the universe history of coiling dragon, year 10332 is when the story starts... I chose a weird time to jump in,lmao.

Maybe i should fast forward story to later in timeline? what do you guys think?

also, here's a teaser!

------

------

Chapter 001

Year 10332 of the Yulan calendar. Mid-summer had arrived on Bluefire continent, southernmost continent of the yulan plane. In the Porlean forest, just outside of Shinran City, a silhouette could be seen suddenly appearing within the shade of the trees. The gown around its waist fluttered as dust kicked off the ground when its feet land softly.

The figure in the shade walked forward into the light, revealing its features. The silhouette was of a girl somewhere in her late teens, with a beautiful face that could cause countless hearts to stop. Her beautiful light purple hair shone in the light as it flew along the wind, and her dead eyes leapt across the forest as she walked into the light. Her face had several cuts across it, and her lovely black gown was torn in several places.

She rummaged through a bag behind her located on her hip, searching for something for a moment. She pulled a small gem out of the bag eventually and held it in front of her. An incantation could be heard, and the wounds on her face and clothes vanished when she completed the incantation. The gems color went black slowly and then shattered, flying away in the wind that swept past.

The woman looked over herself and noticed a wound on her leg she had not noticed before, a long and thin cut across her thigh. She rummaged through her bag once again for another gem when a bush nearby rustled. Startled, she froze and turned her gaze quickly to the bush. She waited for any movement but the bush only rustled again. She approached it slowly with her arm outstretched...
  • edited October 2015
    Disclaimer: This story is in no way endorsed or created by IEatTomatoes, and is by definition a non-canon fan fiction. Similarly, all information pertaining to the original Coiling Dragon universe is created at the best of my ability, but i may miss some things. If you could help correct those, that’d be great!

This story was created for my love of the series, and i hope to continue it for a long time! So please, enjoy the work and comment your thoughts on it if you like/dislike something in it! I’m all ears!

Another note, this story contains spoilers of the original series Coiling Dragon as well, so if you have not read it, go do it now! Or, you know, just enjoy the story without the prior knowledge, no one's stopping you...

P.S. I had planned to write the first chapter as 5000 english words like the Coiling Dragon one has, but i'll have to make do with my novice 2200 while i learn to write... Oh well :p

UPDATE: Adding more to the first chapter, making it fleshed out more like i wanted.

Also:

Suzan Xavier = Suyin Xiaoli
    Julie Xavier = Ju-Liu Xiaoli
    ----

Chapter 001
    Part 1

Year 10332 of the Yulan calendar. Mid-summer had arrived on Bluefire continent, southernmost continent of the yulan plane. In the Porlean forest, just outside of Shinran City, a silhouette could be seen suddenly appearing within the shade of the trees. The gown around its waist fluttered as dust kicked off the ground when its feet land softly.

The figure in the shade walked forward into the light, revealing its features. The silhouette was of a girl somewhere in her late teens, with a beautiful face that could cause countless hearts to stop. Her beautiful light purple hair shone in the light as it flew along the wind, and her emotionless and hollow looking eyes leapt across the forest as she walked into the light. Her face had several cuts across it, and her lovely black gown was torn in several places by what seemed to be created by a sword.

She rummaged through a bag behind her located on her hip, searching for something for a moment. She pulled a small blue gem out of the bag eventually and held it in front of her. An incantation could be heard, and the wounds on her face and clothes vanished when she completed the incantation. The gems color went black slowly and then shattered, flying away in the wind that swept past.

The woman looked over herself and noticed a wound on her leg she had not noticed before, a long and thin cut across her thigh. She rummaged through her bag once again for another gem when a bush nearby rustled. Startled, she froze and turned her gaze quickly to the bush. She waited for any movement but the bush only rustled again. She approached it slowly with her arm outstretched, ready to defend herself should it be a magical beast.

She pushed the leaves of the bush aside slowly, and sighed in relief as she saw nothing. She turned around and reached for her bag again, when a small silhouette jumped over a log and into the clearing she was in. Startled, she began chanting to attack whatever it was that charged over the log. Her eyes fell upon the figure , and her chanting ended halfway as she saw what it was. She sighed in relief and put the gem away, and then eyed the new guest in the small clearing.

“Suzan…?” Her voice rang out, melancholic yet hollow in sound. The small figure jumped at the word, and then turned its head to look upon the girl. It’s body suddenly jumped as its large clear eyes landed on the girl, and ran toward her with arms outstretched. When the figure came into the light, its features were revealed as well.

The figure was of a small girl, no older than nine years old judging by her height and lack of ‘developed’ features. Her face was rather plain and innocent in appearance, and her large eyes darted about on the girl's body in curiosity as she ran over. A large, mischievous grin was plastered on her face, stretching it to one side so far that it looked comical.

Her light purple hair was short and tousled, and looked as though she had just gotten out of bed. She collided with the girl's waist as she grabbed it, which caused the girl to grunt and teeter a bit as a faint smile touched her lips. Suzan lifted her face to look at the girls, her eyes beaming in curiosity and affection that warmed the girl's frozen heart.

“Big sis June, you’re back?” She asked in her light pitched and excited voice. The girl nodded, and then pulled Suzan off of her as she crouched before her. She rubbed the girl's arms after falling to one knee, her face now calm and serene as she looked upon her.

“I’ve told you many times before, little sister. My name is Julie, not June.” She spoke in a soft voice as her words held a slight exhaustion within them.

“I like the name, big sis. June is your birthday though, right!?” She asked, her eyes still beaming in reverence and excitement.

“Yes, it is, but...Nevermind. Besides that, what were you doing all the way out here in the forest?” Julie asked as she lifted her body back to a standing position, a stern look now on her face. Suzan shook a bit and brought her arms behind her back, and walked away as she began to whistle as if she heard nothing. Julie could not help but laugh and then charge at her sister, and picked her up abruptly by her armpits. Suzan screamed and then laughed, and grabbed hold of Julie's head as she was brought above it.

After Suzan was placed upon Julie's shoulders, she began walking through the forest back toward the orphanage slowly. The forest around them was peaceful and serene, a picturesque sunny day as the birds chirped perch on trees above them. Suzan could not help but watch them curiously while seated on her high position, enjoying the lovely sound that chirped about around them as Julie walked. Julie coughed a bit and then hummed as well, sending a lovely song similar to the birds out around them.

Suzan's eyes beamed and listened to it excitedly, throwing her arms up at each high point in the tune. Eventually, she could not take it anymore and burst into a loud humming from the bottom of her throat, which caused the birds to become startled and fly away. Julie could not help but chuckle a bit as Suzan scowled, angry her voice was not capable of such a beautiful sound like Julie’s.

“Do not worry, little sister. Your voice will change in several years, and it will also be beautiful to the ears.” Julie stated, an affectionate smile upon her lips as she glanced up over her shoulder. Suzan had her arms crossed and a frown upon her face, sulking and unwilling to talk now. The two continued back toward the orphanage and arrived safely, whereupon a woman was walking out of the orphanage with a basket full of clothes in hand.

The woman's features could be described as thick in all the right places, accentuated curves on her chest and thighs. She wore a dark blue skirt that draped over her body, and dirt could be seen along the bottom where her knees should be. Her face was stern yet had a hint of kindness, and her eyes look older than her age. Her hair looked slightly disheveled as it was tied behind her head, several strands of hair dangling over her face. Upon seeing the two girls, her eyes lit up and she placed the basket down and headed in their direction.

“My, my. The two of you running through the forest, that’s dangerous, you know? Especially for little Sue.” The woman stated lightly as she placed her hand on her face and tilted it, casting a stern look at Suzan. “I was sure that you were the one that had to do laundry today, right?”

Suzan continued to frown as she looked at the basket of clothes, a hint of guilt in her eyes. However, before she could speak, Julie chimed in.

“I’m sorry, Mother Song. She must have known i’d be back soon and ran off into the forest to find me.” She stated, her eyebrows turning into an apologetic slant. Mother Song glanced at Julie, and then sighed as she rubbed her face with her hand.

“Fine, fine. But she can not be doing this all the time. Suzan, you will do the laundry tomorrow and i will do it today, seeing as how Julie is here.” Mother Song stated, and then sauntered back over toward the basket of laundry and carried it off. Julie’s smile was still apologetic as she watched Mother Song walk away, and then walked toward the orphanage and entered.

After she entered the orphanages large doors, what greeted her was silence. The originally crowded main area the kids normally played at was deserted, and the floor had been cleaned and washed. Confused as she walked, Julie cast a questioning in Suzan’s direction, who answer back when she noticed the look.

“Today is cleaning day, everyone is probably off cleaning their rooms.” She stated blandly, and then slid off Julie’s back and walked toward the hall across from them. Julie followed along as she examined the clean looking hallway, and the two arrived at the room they shared at the end of the hall.

Suzan walked in as she swung the door open, and jogged toward her bed to the right. She jumped and slammed her body into the pillow as Julie was shutting the door. Suzan spoke muffled within the pillow as Julie walked over to the bed, and sat down halfway off the side as she looked at her sister. Suzan stopped making noise for a moment, and then moved her head to look up at Julie lazily with one eye.

“...Little sister, how have you been?” Julie asked her, a worried look upon her face. Suzan stared back and then closed her eyes, still slightly moody from before.

“...Same as always. Do chores, play with other kids, and... explore the forest.”

“Really? I hope the forest thing was a joke, Suzan...” Julie stated, as her voice became slightly deeper. She reached her hand up and stroked Suzan’s hair for some time before pulling her hand away. She stood and was about to walk to her own bed when she seemed to remember something. She turned back around and fiddled with her bag as she walked back.

“I almost forgot, i found this from a travelling peddler on my way back. I thought you might like it, so i brought it back for you.” She stated lightly as she pulled a black object from her bag. Suzan opened her eyes hazily and lifted her head up with some difficulty, almost having fallen asleep upon the bed.

The object Julie pulled from the bag was a black and stretchy cloth, a small coin dangling from it as she pulled it out. The coin was gray in color, and had rust dotting it from what seemed to be several lifetimes worth of wasting away to wear and tear. A striped tiger could be seen roaring as it stood on its back legs, lashing toward something off of the coin with its front legs menacingly.

Suzan put her hand out and accepted the black band with the coin upon it, looking at it closely. A moment passed as she flipped the coin in her hand, and then she looked up with a beaming face. She leaped into Julie's chest, hugging her with all the strength she could muster. Julie grunted and then chuckled, and pulled Suzan off of her slowly.

Suddenly, a mischievous grin spread across Julie’s face and she reached her arms to Suzan's sides. She began tickling Suzan playfully as she burst into laughter, her sleepiness now subsiding as she began to shed tears. A moment passed before a knock could be heard at the door, and it was opened abruptly to Mother Song learning in. She gave the two girls a slightly stern yet sympathetic look, and the two immediately stopped and quieted down.

“...The evening meal will soon be ready. Be sure to be downstairs for it, Suzan. No more sitting in your room and waiting for me to bring it to you.” Mother Song stated, and then closed the door back. Footsteps could be heard leaving as the two sat in silence still staring at the door, and then glanced at each other. Julie raised one of her eyebrows at Suzan, who just scoffed and rolled her eyes as she began to lift her body out of bed.

The two giggled as Julie got up, her hand being rejected from a final tickle by Suzan’s quick swipe of the hand. Suzan jumped up and bounced out of the bed, landing on the floor with a thud. She pulled the flexible black cloth over her head and situated it around her neck. She passed a mirror near the door that she looked into, fixing the creases on it.

She looked at it lovingly and then at her hair, and frowned as she tried to pat down her hair unfruitful. Her short hair stayed wild as she tried to pat it down several more times, licking her hand to try and comb it.

“Suzan, let’s go!” Julie said peeking around the door frame, having walked back toward the room after realizing Suzan had not followed. Suzan reluctantly looked at her hair again in the mirror and then continued to pat it down as she walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her with a soft thud.
  • Life, why you be so cruel...

Well, looks as though my writing isn't something i could ever get a job doing, so i'll stick this as a hobby for now.
    In other news, various happenstance in real life has caused most of my personal time to disappear, so i won't be writing that often sadly.
    I do, however, swear to at least take this story to book 3-4, where i can at least end it and make it a nice side story in the Coiling Dragon Universe.

The updates, however, will be very sporadic. As such, this story will probably take a year or more to complete.

onward, to part 2 of chapter 1~

--------------------------------------------------

PART 2

Exiting the hallway leading to the dining room, the two sisters were met with a hall full of children. Varying in age, height, and gender, they were all so different that it was quite a sight to see the room full of laughter and the clang of spoons upon plates. Julie had already walked into the room and had grabbed a bowl for both of them, and was currently having her soup filled into her bowl by the cafeteria lady. Suzan walked over with her head slightly down, moving briskly to her sister's side. She grabbed the bowl her sister had prepared and had her food filled into the bowl as well, avoiding the scowling gaze the cafeteria lady eyed her with.

Following Julie, Suzan arrived at a table in the corner of the room with only one other girl from the orphanage seated there. The two sat down opposite of the quiet girl with brown hair and began eating quietly. Suzan was halfway through her meal when she felt a gaze, and looked up to find the other girl hurriedly looking down at her bowl. Her bangs covered her eyes halfway down her nose, so Suzan felt slightly creeped out at the lack of eyes that could not be seen.

After finishing her bowl of soup, Suzan sat waving her legs beneath the table as she looked at her surroundings. Her eyes landed on the head of the orphanage that had walked in, his dark eyes giving off a creeping feeling in her heart. His eyes swept the room until they landed on Julie, whereupon he walked in her direction. Suzan got a bad feeling and began to sulk, now in a bad mood knowing Julie was likely to be given another thing to do by the orphanage.

"There you are, Julie. come, we must talk of your next job." The orphanage head said said as he eyed suzan for a brief moment, and then turned and walked toward the door he had just come from. Julie stared at his back for some time, and then turned to Suzan with an apologetic face. Suzan, her brow creased in anger, did not wait for Julie to speak and jumped off her chair. She ran toward the door and turned around, sticking her tongue out at Julie before running off toward the orphanage entrance.

---------

In the forest some ways away from the orphanage lie a clear stream that ran toward a large waterfall. Suzan's feet had brought her up the stream here naturally, still fumed at Julie's lack of time to spend with her. She would kick pebbles lining the lake underneath the waterfall, which caused the calm lake to be disturbed. The sound of the waterfall could be heard roaring some ways away at the far end of the lake, attesting to the force it hit the water with.

{WIP}