Wu dong kian kun *Spoilers*

12223242527

Comments

  • edited July 2017
    @Lynndong ;; on the other hand how did LD obtain the Thunder Ancient Symbol. Is it during a fight between a current owner or he just stable into similar like when he obtain the Devouring Symbol. Please spoil me on this....
    Obtaining the Thunder ancestral symbol is interesting.



    ch 917 Clue to obtain the thunder symbol was auctioned - unfortunately LD has no money.  However, he ended up killing the man who won the auction LOL (i'll get back to you on this im off to watch a movie today LOL)
    ch 981 LD obtained the Thunder ancestral symbol (i'll get back on the details for this)

  • Lynndong said:
    @Lynndong ;; on the other hand how did LD obtain the Thunder Ancient Symbol. Is it during a fight between a current owner or he just stable into similar like when he obtain the Devouring Symbol. Please spoil me on this....
    Obtaining the Thunder ancestral symbol is interesting.



    ch 917 Clue to obtain the thunder symbol was auctioned - unfortunately LD has no money.  However, he ended up killing the man who won the auction LOL (i'll get back to you on this im off to watch a movie today LOL)
    ch 981 LD obtained the Thunder ancestral symbol (i'll get back on the details for this)

    Uhhh.. Another Cliff Hanger.. hahaha... by the way while I wait for TDG and Wu Dong can you advice me a good novel to read just to free some time...
  • Marten said:
    Uhhh.. Another Cliff Hanger.. hahaha... by the way while I wait for TDG and Wu Dong can you advice me a good novel to read just to free some time...
    WDQK is my first xianxia novel. I'm currently reading The King's Avatar with 1,728 chapters - 688 currently translated by gravity tales. Im in ch 460 now  <- i love the humour and the plot it's quite addictive.  What type of novel are you interested in?
  • edited July 2017
    @Marten - back to the Thunder Ancestral spoiler



    ch 917 The clue to obtain the thunder symbol is in a form of a "silver tower" <- this was auctioned at a starting price of 10 million profound yuan pills. The ancestral symbol is hidden in a cave mansion situated in chaos demonic sea (silver tower is the key to open the cave).  Unfortunately LD has not enough money to auction.  It was won by a man (Xie Yan) at 61million profound yuan pills. LD decided to kill Xie Yan and snatched the silver tower clue - don't worry this man gave LD a hard time in the early chapters. 

    A lot of things happened between ch 917 and 981 (64 chapters LOL)

    ch 981 LD obtained the Thunder ancestral symbol

    --- other spoilers prior to ch 917

    ch 838 LD has reached nirvana 9 tribulation

    ch 859 LD has reached initial mysterious life stage

    ch 890 stone talisman has a spirit and started to talk in this chapter. His name is "crag" and he reminds me of little marten who used to give LD advise. Crag apparently was also heavily injured during the ancient war and has now started to recover.  He believes that LD is the chosen one to be the next Symbol Ancestor.

    ---

    ch 917 LD won an auction -> "Heavenly Devouring Corpse" at 10 million profound yuan pills (this was paid by his young rich friend - at monster region people there are not only strong but also rich). This devouring corpse reminds me of his blood soul puppet but way stronger (mysterious death stage). Also, this devouring corpse used to help Lord of Devouring during the ancient war.

  • Was it ever explained why Zhou Tong charged into the Yuan Gate to kill their 3 grand elders?
  • eklok14 said:
    Was it ever explained why Zhou Tong charged into the Yuan Gate to kill their 3 grand elders?
    he sensed the yuan gate collaboration with the strange demon. due to his hasty move cost him his life(technically)
  • redleaf97 said:
    eklok14 said:
    Was it ever explained why Zhou Tong charged into the Yuan Gate to kill their 3 grand elders?
    he sensed the yuan gate collaboration with the strange demon. due to his hasty move cost him his life(technically)
    more like cost him his body
  • Lynndong said:
    I found this from spoilers posted in another site:

    1. Devouring (Lin Dong)
    2. Space (Lin Dong)
    3. Thunder (Lin Dong)
    4. Darkness (Qin Tan)
    5. Life and Death (Whale race girl)
    6. Chaos (Little Flame)
    7. Flame (Flame Shrine head)
    8. Ice (Ice Lord i.e. Ying Huan Huan)
    Isn't he sharing the devouring symbol or something with another girl Kun LIng right?
  • edited July 2017
    akachunu said:
    Lynndong said:
    I found this from spoilers posted in another site:

    1. Devouring (Lin Dong)
    2. Space (Lin Dong)
    3. Thunder (Lin Dong)
    4. Darkness (Qin Tan)
    5. Life and Death (Whale race girl)
    6. Chaos (Little Flame)
    7. Flame (Flame Shrine head)
    8. Ice (Ice Lord i.e. Ying Huan Huan)
    Isn't he sharing the devouring symbol or something with another girl Kun LIng right?
    Kun Ling and Lin Dong i nearly shipped these two

    Spoiler:


    Kun Ling is a direct descendant of the Lord of Devouring.  As a direct descendant the power of devouring is integrated in her body. On the other hand, Lin Dong has the ancestral symbol which he controls. The Lord of Devouring sent both Kun Ling and Lin Dong to the Sea of Reincarnation as a gift. These are explained in ch 1176-1178.

    /spoiler]
  • Lynndong said:
    akachunu said:
    Lynndong said:
    I found this from spoilers posted in another site:

    1. Devouring (Lin Dong)
    2. Space (Lin Dong)
    3. Thunder (Lin Dong)
    4. Darkness (Qin Tan)
    5. Life and Death (Whale race girl)
    6. Chaos (Little Flame)
    7. Flame (Flame Shrine head)
    8. Ice (Ice Lord i.e. Ying Huan Huan)
    Isn't he sharing the devouring symbol or something with another girl Kun LIng right?
    Kun Ling and Lin Dong i nearly shipped these two

    Spoiler:


    Kun Ling is a direct descendant of the Lord of Devouring.  As a direct descendant the power of devouring is integrated in her body. On the other hand, Lin Dong has the ancestral symbol which he controls. The Lord of Devouring sent both Kun Ling and Lin Dong to the Sea of Reincarnation as a gift. These are explained in ch 1176-1178.

    /spoiler]
    plus as a owner of devouring symbol LD can control  all Lord of devouring descendant as  their master?? lord?? something like that
  • redleaf97 said:
    Lynndong said:
    akachunu said:
    Lynndong said:
    I found this from spoilers posted in another site:

    1. Devouring (Lin Dong)
    2. Space (Lin Dong)
    3. Thunder (Lin Dong)
    4. Darkness (Qin Tan)
    5. Life and Death (Whale race girl)
    6. Chaos (Little Flame)
    7. Flame (Flame Shrine head)
    8. Ice (Ice Lord i.e. Ying Huan Huan)
    Isn't he sharing the devouring symbol or something with another girl Kun LIng right?
    Kun Ling and Lin Dong i nearly shipped these two

    Spoiler:


    Kun Ling is a direct descendant of the Lord of Devouring.  As a direct descendant the power of devouring is integrated in her body. On the other hand, Lin Dong has the ancestral symbol which he controls. The Lord of Devouring sent both Kun Ling and Lin Dong to the Sea of Reincarnation as a gift. These are explained in ch 1176-1178.

    /spoiler]
    plus as a owner of devouring symbol LD can control  all Lord of devouring descendant as  their master?? lord?? something like that
    Hmmmm... Fascinating it really wants me to read more and more... Thanks again @Lynndong ;
  • edited July 2017

    Hmmmm... Fascinating it really wants me to read more and more... Thanks again @Lynndong ;
    Lord of Devouring is my fave amongst the ancient lords.  It would be nice if the author writes a prequel. The lives of the 8 ancient lords plus the symbol ancestor and how they saved their universe etc.. 
  • edited July 2017
    Spoiler.
    I don't like how the MC is not depicted to be a genius, in comparison to the achievements of other geniuses. For example, many of the young generation are as powerful or not significantly weaker than him, considering the amount of heaven defying breakthroughs, lucky encounters and unforeseen assistance he receives from people; he should be way ahead of them, don't give me that excuse that he doesn't have a backing of a sect. Also, does all his girl friends have to be related to the main plot of the story, huanhuan wasn't enough he made linq qingzhu also be somehow related to the ancestor.
     Some one spoil me does lind dong also recieve help from ling qingzhu, by taking her martial art called supreme reaction art? this is a tiping point for me. i have had enough of his reliance on to level up.
  • akachunu said:
    Spoiler.
    I don't like how the MC is not depicted to be a genius, in comparison to the achievements of other geniuses. For example, many of the young generation are as powerful or not significantly weaker than him, considering the amount of heaven defying breakthroughs, lucky encounters and unforeseen assistance he receives from people; he should be way ahead of them, don't give me that excuse that he doesn't have a backing of a sect. Also, does all his girl friends have to be related to the main plot of the story, huanhuan wasn't enough he made linq qingzhu also be somehow related to the ancestor.
     Some one spoil me does lind dong also recieve help from ling qingzhu, by taking her martial art called supreme reaction art? this is a tiping point for me. i have had enough of his reliance on to level up.
    Ehh I've always seen it that not he's a genius in martial arts/cultivation in particular its that he work hard/stubborn/patient and willing to risk himself to grow.  Obviously he's lucky too but you could also say the help he gets is because of his personality and actions.  And yes he does get the "technique" from Ling qing zhu but in actuality it's not so much a technique but the method/in born trait/ability?  to sense a supreme existence( I'm not sure what to call it or how its going to be translated it could be supreme being, primordial celestial, celestial/dimensional/planar embryo) well whatever it is it the technique can't just be taught.  I can't recall exactly but you are either inborn with this ability and there's another way too I think but it's only for the really high level people (not sure)  and the last method is the yin and yang cultivation method where two lovers can pass/share this trait/ability I believe and this is what she ends up doing - obviously not without knocking Lin Don't out first.
  • SPOILERS * http://wu-dong-qian-kun.wikia.com/wiki/Lin_Dong * IF YOU WANT CHAPTERS 800-1307 i'm in discord wdqk 
  • edited July 2017
    Ehh I've always seen it that not he's a genius in martial arts/cultivation in particular its that he work hard/stubborn/patient and willing to risk himself to grow.  Obviously he's lucky too but you could also say the help he gets is because of his personality and actions.  And yes he does get the "technique" from Ling qing zhu but in actuality it's not so much a technique but the method/in born trait/ability?  to sense a supreme existence( I'm not sure what to call it or how its going to be translated it could be supreme being, primordial celestial, celestial/dimensional/planar embryo) well whatever it is it the technique can't just be taught.  I can't recall exactly but you are either inborn with this ability and there's another way too I think but it's only for the really high level people (not sure)  and the last method is the yin and yang cultivation method where two lovers can pass/share this trait/ability I believe and this is what she ends up doing - obviously not without knocking Lin Don't out first.
    I am not trying to sound obnoxious.. but could you tell me about any major feat that he achieved by his will and patience alone?  I know of none, cause all of them first depended on heavenly luck. why he has to get help from every character he meets?is because he had the stone and devouring symbol which made him different and noticeable, also because he got heaven defying luck which made him be on par with people, who are more like gods to the level he is at. I guess this is what made it get the trashy rating. Stubbornness and will is a plot armour that can be put on anyone without having to show the worth of it, but if it's showed on correct moments can be made for a great read. This is what is missing in this novel. Just saying that he is stubborn and has will won't make readers accept the outcome. Stubbornness alone is not possible for the breakthroughs that he made.
    But I think you are not focusing on the amount of luck and help that he receives. It outweighs his achievements by a big margin. 
  • Marten said:
    redleaf97 said:
    Lynndong said:
    akachunu said:
    Lynndong said:
    I found this from spoilers posted in another site:

    1. Devouring (Lin Dong)
    2. Space (Lin Dong)
    3. Thunder (Lin Dong)
    4. Darkness (Qin Tan)
    5. Life and Death (Whale race girl)
    6. Chaos (Little Flame)
    7. Flame (Flame Shrine head)
    8. Ice (Ice Lord i.e. Ying Huan Huan)
    Isn't he sharing the devouring symbol or something with another girl Kun LIng right?
    Kun Ling and Lin Dong i nearly shipped these two

    Spoiler:


    Kun Ling is a direct descendant of the Lord of Devouring.  As a direct descendant the power of devouring is integrated in her body. On the other hand, Lin Dong has the ancestral symbol which he controls. The Lord of Devouring sent both Kun Ling and Lin Dong to the Sea of Reincarnation as a gift. These are explained in ch 1176-1178.

    /spoiler]
    plus as a owner of devouring symbol LD can control  all Lord of devouring descendant as  their master?? lord?? something like that
    Hmmmm... Fascinating it really wants me to read more and more... Thanks again @Lynndong ;
    Kun Ling does as a descendant has inherited the devouring power ( a 1/1000 kinda thing)  but it's not a good thing as she doesn't have much control over it.  Its like always turned on eating away and even messing with her a bit.  She wants the the Lord of devourings inheritance in hope of finding a way to control it.  So Lin Dong doesn't have any control of her or the other descendants ( the devouring lord is a lothario and did have his own harem) but he has a calming affect on her powers where as it would run wild before it calms down near lin dong (easing her pain?).  Now the Devouring Lord had them both enter cause it would be too powerful for either to enter his samsara sea alone.  Kun Ling as a descendant has somewhat of a natural resistance where as other people would be seduced/pulled into the illusions and stuff they see forgetting themselves within it.  So she enters it to act as a protector for Lin Dong as she can help keep him losing himself and he has a calming effect on her keeping her power from running wild while in there.  Obviously Lin Dong benefits the most out of this but she was able to get enough of a boost in power so that the devouring power doesn't run wild any longer.
  • akachunu said:
    Ehh I've always seen it that not he's a genius in martial arts/cultivation in particular its that he work hard/stubborn/patient and willing to risk himself to grow.  Obviously he's lucky too but you could also say the help he gets is because of his personality and actions.  And yes he does get the "technique" from Ling qing zhu but in actuality it's not so much a technique but the method/in born trait/ability?  to sense a supreme existence( I'm not sure what to call it or how its going to be translated it could be supreme being, primordial celestial, celestial/dimensional/planar embryo) well whatever it is it the technique can't just be taught.  I can't recall exactly but you are either inborn with this ability and there's another way too I think but it's only for the really high level people (not sure)  and the last method is the yin and yang cultivation method where two lovers can pass/share this trait/ability I believe and this is what she ends up doing - obviously not without knocking Lin Don't out first.
    I am not trying to sound obnoxious.. but could you tell me about any major feat that he achieved by his will and patience alone?  I know of none, cause all of them first depended on heavenly luck. why he has to get help from every character he meets?is because he had the stone and devouring symbol which made him different and noticeable, also because he got heaven defying luck which made him be on par with people, who are more like gods to the level he is at. I guess this is what made it get the trashy rating. Stubbornness and will is a plot armour that can be put on anyone without having to show the worth of it, but if it's showed on correct moments can be made for a great read. This is what is missing in this novel. Just saying that he is stubborn and has will won't make readers accept the outcome. Stubbornness alone is not possible for the breakthroughs that he made.
    But I think you are not focusing on the amount of luck and help that he receives. It outweighs his achievements by a big margin. 
    You're not wrong on that he does have a lot of luck and help.  What I meant earlier about this will/stubbornness/patience is really what I what I saw as the author trying to  convey as the MC strength.  I mean there are times in the story that he goes out of his way to pretty much say the MC really isn't all that talented.  Does the author always do a good job at showing the MC in this way ?  No geez.. at times it's bad to somewhat cringey and corney.  I can't recall everything but I guess one of the greater feats he achieved in showing this would be obtaining the acceptances of the devouring symbol and thunder symbol.  Both pretty much had him suffer in darkness for years on end or being struck continuously by thunder.  The other actions/accomplishments are smaller, but supposed to add up I guess.  But I guess overall I sort of ignored these issues cause I do enjoy the overall story and it really could have done worse.  And that I see these web novel as rough drafts that need work.  Actually on a side note I am wondering if anyone knows when these chinese web novels are released to be sold are they edited and what not that "real novels" go through?
  • I got this Godly Artifacts list from LD's inventory hmmm fascinating...

    • Black Dragon Seal (Heavenly Soul Treasure)
    • Burning Sky Cauldron (Pure Yuan Treasure)
    • Heaven Devoring Corpse (Samsara realm puppet)
    • Thunderclap Ancestral Symbol (legendary artifact)
    • Spatial Ancestral Symbol (legendary artifact )
    • Embryo of the Planes (#1 godly artifact of the world)
    • Seven color spear (combination of #2 to #10 godly artifact)
    • Great Desolate Monument (#3 godly object)
    • Ancient Universe Formation ( 9# godly object)
    • Profound Sky Hall (#10 godly object)



  • Lynndong said:
    Marten said:
    Uhhh.. Another Cliff Hanger.. hahaha... by the way while I wait for TDG and Wu Dong can you advice me a good novel to read just to free some time...
    WDQK is my first xianxia novel. I'm currently reading The King's Avatar with 1,728 chapters - 688 currently translated by gravity tales. Im in ch 460 now  <- i love the humour and the plot it's quite addictive.  What type of novel are you interested in?
    I was actually reading Tales of Gods and Demons unfortunately MADSNAIL is really a snail interms of writing the story.. next is WDQK and since I am waiting for new TGD and WDQK update I am currently reading Emperors Dominion now (This one looks like Harem... lolzzz most of his disciple are woman)...
  • Lynndong said:

    Hmmmm... Fascinating it really wants me to read more and more... Thanks again @Lynndong ;
    Lord of Devouring is my fave amongst the ancient lords.  It would be nice if the author writes a prequel. The lives of the 8 ancient lords plus the symbol ancestor and how they saved their universe etc.. 
    @Lynndong are you still there?
  • I don't get it LD seems to be weaker than Symbol Ancestor like most of his end stage is just getting symbol ancestor items, does he do anything different that actually give him an advantage over him.

    And what happened to the original symbol ancestor did he die of old age or something else. 
  • Beel said:
    I don't get it LD seems to be weaker than Symbol Ancestor like most of his end stage is just getting symbol ancestor items, does he do anything different that actually give him an advantage over him.

    And what happened to the original symbol ancestor did he die of old age or something else. 
    he died trying to seal of the fiend demon/strange demon. and he is as strong as the Symbol Ancestor when he reach the Martial Ancestor stage though this stage is still weaker than the strange demon. he still won against it by using the first rank item of the world. i forgot the name. this item was actually the one that causes the great war and what Ancestral Symbol and fiend emperor seeks.
  • At what chapter does MC become immortal symobl master?
  • kalyan89 said:
    At what chapter does MC become immortal symobl master?
    1305
  • edited August 2017

    You're not wrong on that he does have a lot of luck and help.  What I meant earlier about this will/stubbornness/patience is really what I what I saw as the author trying to  convey as the MC strength.  I mean there are times in the story that he goes out of his way to pretty much say the MC really isn't all that talented.  Does the author always do a good job at showing the MC in this way ?  No geez.. at times it's bad to somewhat cringey and corney.  I can't recall everything but I guess one of the greater feats he achieved in showing this would be obtaining the acceptances of the devouring symbol and thunder symbol.  Both pretty much had him suffer in darkness for years on end or being struck continuously by thunder.  The other actions/accomplishments are smaller, but supposed to add up I guess.  But I guess overall I sort of ignored these issues cause I do enjoy the overall story and it really could have done worse.  And that I see these web novel as rough drafts that need work.  Actually on a side note I am wondering if anyone knows when these chinese web novels are released to be sold are they edited and what not that "real novels" go through?
    I get what you mean, but to depict something, like his obtaining of Devour symbol through sheer will is very easy. It can be done through a tragic story or something phenomenal, even when he obtains it,  should clearly be felt. Also, I feel the author doesn't do his protagonist justice in some ways, like his over dependence, also the author waste lucky encounters on small things which clearly is a big coincidence. The crazy coincidences are the reason i hated ISSTH at the beginning, but it made up for it with its drama and interesting story line. Life is not set and it can take you anywhere, but in WDKQ there is no uncertainty just either it happens or it doesn't. Also, the sweet revenge satisfaction has been hard to get here. I am not wanting GOT just a light fantasy.
  • redleaf97 said:
    Beel said:
    I don't get it LD seems to be weaker than Symbol Ancestor like most of his end stage is just getting symbol ancestor items, does he do anything different that actually give him an advantage over him.

    And what happened to the original symbol ancestor did he die of old age or something else. 
    he died trying to seal of the fiend demon/strange demon. and he is as strong as the Symbol Ancestor when he reach the Martial Ancestor stage though this stage is still weaker than the strange demon. he still won against it by using the first rank item of the world. i forgot the name. this item was actually the one that causes the great war and what Ancestral Symbol and fiend emperor seeks.
    Should this item be called Embryo of the Planes (#1 godly artifact of the world)?
  • When does he conquer LQ and YH heart and start a relationship with them?
  • Hmmm... What a very sad story... Among the two MC's woman... One must die to let MC becomes the strongest being on land... I almost cry... Sad.. very sad... but the story still moves on....
  • When does he conquer LQ and YH heart and start a relationship with them?
    about LQ its not LD conquer her its her that will conquer him, you will know hen you read em. about huan huan, though i am not sure what by conquer you meant but if its fall in love with LD they already love its other but just not conciously
Sign In or Register to comment.