Douluo Dalu II - Jueshui Tangmen *Spoilers*

Comments

• Wang dong is tang san's and xw's daughter. Her spirit is a light butterfly. You don't particularly inherit spirits for your parents in dd2. Our mc is also from the tiger clan but does not have the tiger spirit.

the current tang clan's leader is merely one of descendants of the previous tang clan leaders. You do know that tang San created the tang clan but never really got to manage it right. He has like god stuff to do.Nabcake said:
    What exactly did he do to Ma Xiaotao in chapter 53? Was it ever explained? I know he is only supposed to use his ice spirit to restrain her fire spirit but in chapter 53 it seemed like they were having sex so I am curious as to what they were "really" doing.
    She was just hugging him and uses him as a human airconditioner to cool herself off.
  • athlonkmf said:
    Wang dong is tang san's and xw's daughter. Her spirit is a light butterfly. You don't particularly inherit spirits for your parents in dd2. Our mc is also from the tiger clan but does not have the tiger spirit.

the current tang clan's leader is merely one of descendants of the previous tang clan leaders. You do know that tang San created the tang clan but never really got to manage it right. He has like god stuff to do.Nabcake said:
    What exactly did he do to Ma Xiaotao in chapter 53? Was it ever explained? I know he is only supposed to use his ice spirit to restrain her fire spirit but in chapter 53 it seemed like they were having sex so I am curious as to what they were "really" doing.
    She was just hugging him and uses him as a human airconditioner to cool herself off.
    Two things: She does inherit his spirt. At the end, Tang San's spider lances evolve into butterfly wings. She inherits that. She also has Tang San's hammer. Also, he was forced to leave, but he wanted to manage it. I believe that some gods forced him to stay.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Yes Wang Dong (true name is Tang Tong Dance) is the daughter of Tang San and Xiao Wu. It hasnt been explained how Tang Tong Dance got her butterfly spirit but it was speculated to have inherited Tang Sans butterfly wings.
  • Yes Wang Dong (true name is Tang Tong Dance) is the daughter of Tang San and Xiao Wu. It hasnt been explained how Tang Tong Dance got her butterfly spirit but it was speculated to have inherited Tang Sans butterfly wings.
    Actually, she is only half of Tang Tong Dance and doesn't have her memories at all.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • edited February 2016
    Yes Wang Dong (true name is Tang Tong Dance) is the daughter of Tang San and Xiao Wu. It hasnt been explained how Tang Tong Dance got her butterfly spirit but it was speculated to have inherited Tang Sans butterfly wings.
    Actually, she is only half of Tang Tong Dance and doesn't have her memories at all.
    But she is still Tang Tong Dance, just making sure people know her name to clarify that she IS Tang San's daughter
  • want to start reading the novel, but don't know where to start. 
    where does the latest manhua left out in the novel? did they skip anything important on the manhwamanhwa?
    where does the latest manhua left out in the novel? did they skip anything important on the manhwamanhwa?
    Yea. Lots of details are skipped and developments are rushed. For example, it is never explained what soul tech makers do. Also, the TLs are still ate HaoDong fusion part.
    Tbh, reading it from bing translator is really easy as it is simple enough for you understand most of what is happening. I would recommend reading from the start tho
  • What is xu San shi power each ring he get and what color is it?
  • redleaf said:
    What is xu San shi power each ring he get and what color is it?
    Tbh its hard to keep track of his rings as he isnt that important in the story. Not totally irrelevant but most of the time its just Yuhao and Tang Tong Dance.
  • supermark said:
    Read the MTLs months ago and will write here the significant stuff from what I remember starting from what happens in the manga, IMO the manga for doulu dalu 2 was done pretty well and heaps better than the first duolu dalu adaptation. The latest manga chapters shows off the new shrek 7 to be trained as reserve team for the upcoming spirit master tournament. 

Disclaimer: I read the raws months ago and I already forgot most of it except the important parts I think, so I'm really sorry if the details are not complete :| Also read the MTLs so I might have misunderstood stuff.

- The team practices with the current starting team, From what I remember the current starting team is Ma Xiaotao (girl with evil phoenix), a girl with ice scepter (control), a boy with white tiger (older brother of MC's classmate with white tiger, so also his older brother from his father side), a boy with a bird spirit (support type), and the other guys I forget. Lol. 
    The teams are shuffled so all of them will be familiar with the techniques of one another, at first Ma Xiaotao and MC is teamed up with Wang Dong and the bird guy, am not sure with the rest and the other team is the ice girl, white tiger and others. MC's ice spirit suppresses the ice girl, ice girl cannot use her spirit properly due to MC influence. Principal interferes in the middle as he thought that MC is a spirit beast because of his spirit, but then confirms that he is human and just resumes the battle. Also with MC skill phoenix girl can unleash all her ability with accuracy, thus decimating the other team.
     - Teams swap, now with MC's support the ice girl gets a nice boost. Their team now defeats the other team.
     - Its revealed that shrek core students occassionally goes on missions to save the world (or something like that). However, these missions are dangerous as it usually involves suppressing bandits/evil groups, and has lead to deaths of core disciples in the past. This is also why the elder is a drunkard. The group they are going to is involved in occult practices, apparently some spirit masters have used evil practices for their cultivation i.e. involving live sacrifices/necromancer practices/voodoo stuff.
     - My memories are blurry in this arc, but I think the bird guy dies in this mission and all the core disciples are injured. MC gets captured by the head of the group. He was saved by his third spirit in this encounter.
     - All the core disciples are in no condition to fight in the tournament, thus the reserve team fights. They get by in the first rounds due to MC's camouflage spirit ability as 100k spirit rings, thus teams would give up without fighting.
     - They are able to get by until they are qualified for the main competition, but team got injured on their last battle and had to give up all the other battles so they can recover. Shrek also comes clean with their circumstances. It doesn't matter much now tho as they are now qualified in the main competition.
    Spoiler:
     - First to recover in the core disciples is ice girl, so now they have some real firepower. Other core disciples start recovering as well but MC is still included in the team because of his abilities.
     - Can't remember much after this now, but in the finals due to an opponents ability phoenix girl gets corrupted and goes crazy. Forgot how this gets resolved.
     - Can't remember what happened afterwards, but when they get back its revealed tang chief girl started doing evil practices to increase her cultivation. Also part of Tang Sect decline turned out to be because they try to cultivate another Tang San (with blue silver spirit grass) but all failed. 

- Only read up to that point. Lol. Others who have read the raws please correct my stuff for anything wrong. :)

just saw the raw of chapter 69 and i got to ask xiao xiao's spirit ring got destroyed so what happened to her?did she die?i hope she didnt!
  • where chapter would the novel be at according to the current translated manga?
  • 95/96
  • where chapter would the novel be at according to the current translated manga?
  • is there any romance or harem in this novel?
  • the translator is really really slow

the manga is far far away from the translation
  • its not that bad the speed is average as the tl has translated more than 110 chapters already in over a year and there are some tl's that cant do 50 in a year... 37*3=111 chapters
  • Just pure romance between one male and one female. There are many girls that like Yuhao, but he remains loyal to Female Lead.
  • edited December 2016
    hey guys/gals i wanted to ask about something you know like how Tang Wutong spirit is the dragon butterfly why is it a dragon butterfly i can understand the butterfly aspect being probably the fact that once tang san
    got all the spirit bones they connected inside his body as well as the 8 claws on his back and when he became a god the claws turned into butterfly wings
    but why did the butterfly have to be called dragon... as i would assume that it is dragon related but as far as i know there have been no known connection between tang san and xiao wu with dragons (ish)
    there was the soul of the dragon in the star dou forest which tang san absorbed as well as the demonic dragon whale tang san used as his last ring and to become a god
    but just because of these reasons to give her a dragon butterfly was in my opinion a bit absurd she should have either gotten the hammer, the grass or the rabbit spirit... i was also going to mention something regarding dd3 but never mind perhaps it will be explained in the future is it is sort of the major plot point... 
  • I believe the dragon influence was caused by Wang Qiu'er who fuses with Wang Dong to complete Wutong (in terms of memory. Tang San sealed Wutong's childhood memories and sent Wang Dong who had no memories of her childhood to Shrek. He then sent the sealed memories with human wisdom into the 3 eyed Auspicious Beast to allow the beast to reach such a high wisdom. Tang San himself claimed that although the 3 eyed Auspicious Beast is very smart for a 10k spirit beast, it is still impossible to reach the wisdom of a normal human being and learn love. One can observe that Wutong's original personality is quite the same as Wang Qiu'ers except the complete Wutong also contains the traces of Wang Dong making her more mellow and soft in comparison)
    Wutong's original spirit is Butterfly (her God title is Butterfly God) and Haotian (Clear Sky) Hammer.
  • edited December 2016
    I believe the dragon influence was caused by Wang Qiu'er who fuses with Wang Dong to complete Wutong (in terms of memory. Tang San sealed Wutong's childhood memories and sent Wang Dong who had no memories of her childhood to Shrek. He then sent the sealed memories with human wisdom into the 3 eyed Auspicious Beast to allow the beast to reach such a high wisdom. Tang San himself claimed that although the 3 eyed Auspicious Beast is very smart for a 10k spirit beast, it is still impossible to reach the wisdom of a normal human being and learn love. One can observe that Wutong's original personality is quite the same as Wang Qiu'ers except the complete Wutong also contains the traces of Wang Dong making her more mellow and soft in comparison)
    Wutong's original spirit is Butterfly (her God title is Butterfly God) and Haotian (Clear Sky) Hammer.
    Why did Tang San send the sealed memories of Wutong along with human wisdom into the 3 eyed Auspicious Beast?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • @patcan3609 thanks for clarification, i had read some spoilers on soulland.wikia and it basically said that wang dongs spirit is dragon butterfly and since i didnt know too much about the problems around tang wutong so i assumed that it is also tang wutongs spirit. 
  • I don't think her spirit came from his wings for several reasons.  First, her attribute light doesn't come from either of them, their spirit bones (besides by then they technically became divine armor) or their god positions.  Secondly, she has 4 butterfly wings while he has 8 spider bone lances that each turned into a wavy sea god wing.  I think, like how Qiu'er fusing with Wang Dong turned her spirit to dragon butterfly, San used his god powers or asked another god to do it.  It wouldn't be surprising if the previous butterfly god granted her the spirit when she was just a baby.
  • Layte said:
    I don't think her spirit came from his wings for several reasons.  First, her attribute light doesn't come from either of them, their spirit bones (besides by then they technically became divine armor) or their god positions.  Secondly, she has 4 butterfly wings while he has 8 spider bone lances that each turned into a wavy sea god wing.  I think, like how Qiu'er fusing with Wang Dong turned her spirit to dragon butterfly, San used his god powers or asked another god to do it.  It wouldn't be surprising if the previous butterfly god granted her the spirit when she was just a baby.
    Possible, a good theory... too bad we are unlikely to learn the answer behind this question for a long time (translation wise)
  • Yeah I was one of the ppl who helped providing info on Douluo Dalu spoiler pages. If you are interested, there is currently a DD3 spoiler page and DD2.5 spoiler page as well.
    On a side note, Wutong is seriously op. Not only she has mobility but also powerful spiritual and physical strength.
  • Yeah thanks for that I have read the doc file for DD which allowed me not to read the raws,  I have also read dd3 summaries which allowed me to skip the raws however the major problem I have encountered was dd2 which didn't have comprehensive summaries which is the need for questions unless I was blind and couldn't find them... as dd2.5 I didn't really look for it yet as a guy by the name timbone on NUF said he was picking it up and with it being only 120 I want to read it with the translation itself...
  • I hope you can do the  Jueshui Tangmen cause its great story., I just only read it on MANGA so I hope you can do the novel, I'm looking forward for this <3 <3 
  • so when everybody find out wang dong is a girl?
  • Moved to UTS subforum
  • so when everybody find out wang dong is a girl?
    When MC come back from Sun&Moon Academy