Douluo Dalu II - Jueshui Tangmen *Spoilers*

Comments

• Setras said:

MC's roommate is a girl in disguise. As for who... you will find out since it drives most of the rest of the story.

I would say tang san and xiao wu doughter (based on the prologue)... but the theory (as explained in DD1) is that you get the same spirit as one of your parents (the stronger spirit among the 2) or a mutation of one of them (or twin spirit in the case that both spirit are of equal power)... but I can't see how a rabbit, an hammer and a plant can mutate into a butterfly ^^'
    How do you know she only has one spirit or that the butterfly directly came from her? ;)
  • Setras said:

Setras said:

MC's roommate is a girl in disguise. As for who... you will find out since it drives most of the rest of the story.

I would say tang san and xiao wu doughter (based on the prologue)... but the theory (as explained in DD1) is that you get the same spirit as one of your parents (the stronger spirit among the 2) or a mutation of one of them (or twin spirit in the case that both spirit are of equal power)... but I can't see how a rabbit, an hammer and a plant can mutate into a butterfly ^^'
    How do you know she only has one spirit or that the butterfly directly came from her? ;)
    she having 2 spirit would mean a twin spirit... again twin spirit are generated when the parents spirit are of equal power and the child inerit the 2 spirit and not a third one generated out of nowhere ^^' (so unless xiao wu cheated tang san it still don't make sense...) if the spirit come from a different source... than this would be a first (for the moment all spirit shown are either a legacy from a parent or the beast spirit itself in case of 100thousand year beast morphed into human form... there is no precedent or notice of someone acquiing a spirit from other sources AFAIK in DD1) and I can't say a thing about it ^^ but well it is still the author that makes the laws, so if he want to change them he sure is able to also find a justification for it :P

PS: thinking about it... DD2 has already introduced a new kind of spirit that didn't existed in DD1 (the type the MC has that is a part of his body rather than tool, food or beast) so he has already created a precedent for new spirit to be created out of nowhere or for extreme spirit mutation... we haven't been told about the origin of those spirit till now so where and how they come into existance is not known(unless it get explained later on).

PS2: actualy there is already a hint about the possibility of ACQUIRING a second spirit that I had totally forgotten... that is what the dreamerworm have promised MC... the ability to create a second spirit for him when he acquire his first cold based spirit ring... so it really is not that out of context for her to be able to acquire a spirit outside of the one inherited from her mother/father... and since she come from the god realm is more than likely that what is possible for the daydreamerworm is also pssible for someone up there ^^'
  • I forgot this is a spoiler thread... Let me just tell you that she has more than one spirit... and Tang San's son also has a spirit that he did not inherit from either parent (spoiler for Douluo Dalu 2.5). - I'm the translator doing Douluo Dalu II besides Vennaenna btw ;)

• can u tell what are their spirits and tang san son's name
  • in the case of three spirits, is it not possible that if one of the parents have twin spirits there is a low chance of inhereting both spirits and the additional spirit of the parent that only have one spirit? after all from the explaination we got from DD1 it is stated that if the spirit of both parents are equilly same strength then it is possible to get twin spirits.
    the what if lets say the father have twin spirits and the mother only have one spirit, but both of the parents spirits are same strength then it should in theory be possible to get triple spirits right?

• ZenZen
    edited October 2015
    what son?
    she is tang san's daughter

• what son?

he is talking of the OTHER child of tang san that is actualy male... he does not show up in DD2
  • what son?

he is talking of the OTHER child of tang san that is actualy male... he does not show up in DD2
    wait then how do u guys know about him? o.0
  • Tang San's son will be the main character in DD3. We know about him because of DD2.5. 
    His name is Tang Wulin.

Oh and I realized not many people answered the OP's question..
    Tang San does appear again. So do other members of the seven devils.
    Tang San becomes the new sea god and enforcer of heaven. He lives in the realm of the gods now.
    He is a high ranked god but other devils have also ascended and are lower ranked gods.

Also, if you have been reading my translations, you may be surprised about why the MC was so shocked upon seeing Mubai's statue. The author just left that hanging but the truth is that the MC is his descendant. 

Btw. Would people be interested in a Q/A spoiler page kind of thing on CookiePasta?

Raj2905 said:

So does anybody read this novels' raws ?

please post spoilers

i only know :
    1) tang san becomes god and ascends(dont know where)
    2) He makes Tang sect and becomes its Legendary figure(& Founder) 
    3) he takes in 2 disciples
    4) One of his descendants(girl) gets blue silver grass as her spirit
    5) Shrek academy becomes strongest in the continent
    5) tang san unites the du continent
    6) Tang sect deteriorates leaving only 2 members

so does tang san appears again ?
    and if u have other spoilers please post them........

• Tangsan eight spider lance evole to butterfly wings during end of first novel. His daughter might have inherited that.
  • Setras said:

Tang San's son will be the main character in DD3. We know about him because of DD2.5. 
    His name is Tang Wulin.

Oh and I realized not many people answered the OP's question..
    Tang San does appear again. So do other members of the seven devils.
    Tang San becomes the new sea god and enforcer of heaven. He lives in the realm of the gods now.
    He is a high ranked god but other devils have also ascended and are lower ranked gods.

Also, if you have been reading my translations, you may be surprised about why the MC was so shocked upon seeing Mubai's statue. The author just left that hanging but the truth is that the MC is his descendant. 

Btw. Would people be interested in a Q/A spoiler page kind of thing on CookiePasta?

So does anybody read this novels' raws ?please post spoilers

i only know :1) tang san becomes god and ascends(dont know where)2) He makes Tang sect and becomes its Legendary figure(& Founder) 3) he takes in 2 disciples4) One of his descendants(girl) gets blue silver grass as her spirit5) Shrek academy becomes strongest in the continent5) tang san unites the du continent6) Tang sect deteriorates leaving only 2 members
    so does tang san appears again ?and if u have other spoilers please post them........ 
    Of Course I'd be interested, however, I spend most of my time here, can you post the spoilers here Setras?

• edited October 2015
    About spoilers on CookiePasta, I don't think this is a good idea.
    It will temp people more than anything else. If someone really want to find some spoiler, he will naturally come to this site (for example) which is like the 1st on gogole if you type "soul land 2 spoiler"
    (but after, it's your website, you do what you want to do with it)
  • what is so special about the dagger that yeah has that hi mom gave

• anyone can give me link for douluo dalu II light novel raws?
    i was searching over google and couldn't find it.
    thanks
  • i finished reading the raw manga.

his 2nd ring is erm shi wan nian spirit.
  • I think we have found the new SSD
  • Ok... The translation for chapter 53 of the manhwa came out today and now I am really curious about how ma xiaotao affects Huo Yuhao based on what the manhwa alludes to.
    So... can anyone spoil it for me?
  • No its huo yuhao that affects ma xiaotiao she has a freackish demonic flame inside her which is hard to control so she needs a ice spirit to help her counter it and huo yuhao is the best as he has absolute zero ice or something?
  • Nameless said:

No its huo yuhao that affects ma xiaotiao she has a freackish demonic flame inside her which is hard to control so she needs a ice spirit to help her counter it and huo yuhao is the best as he has absolute zero ice or something?

How he controlled ma xiaotao's flame?
  • I think we have found the new SSD

Yess!!! Beware the new SSD: Dragon, Turtle, Rabbit, Butterfly/Hammer, Cauldron/Flute, Eye/Scorpion/Necromancer, Cigar!!!!

Ok... The translation for chapter 53 of the manhwa came out today and now I am really curious about how ma xiaotao affects Huo Yuhao based on what the manhwa alludes to.

She has Demon Fire Phoenix and suffers from uncontrolled bursts of raging flames that cause her to attack everyone near her. Yuhao's ice can calm them for a while allowing her to cultivate without going crazy. They basically become brother and sister.
  • Kiba said:

I think we have found the new SSD

Yess!!! Beware the new SSD: Dragon, Turtle, Rabbit, Butterfly/Hammer, Cauldron/Flute, Eye/Scorpion/Necromancer, Cigar!!!!

Ok... The translation for chapter 53 of the manhwa came out today and now I am really curious about how ma xiaotao affects Huo Yuhao based on what the manhwa alludes to.

She has Demon Fire Phoenix and suffers from uncontrolled bursts of raging flames that cause her to attack everyone near her. Yuhao's ice can calm them for a while allowing her to cultivate without going crazy. They basically become brother and sister.
    wait where'd that necromancer come from? o.o

also did the phoenix girl lost to the armor dude in the 7 devil selection? lol
  • NO, she is already in the inner school, I think.

• dou said:

NO, she is already in the inner school, I think.

She is the student of the principal(?).
  • Pls tell us when Huo Yuhao will level up in the story. Also, who is the main villain? Neo Spirit Hall.
  • No one ever gave a satisfactory answer to how tang San daughter got a butterfly spirit. I would like to know.

Also, I haven't started the novel yet, but a I have read some of the manhwa. I noticed the dude who is in a bromance with the MC has a butterfly spirit. Is that Tang San daughter in disguise or something cause Chinese novels don't normally do homo stuff so it was a bit unexpected. But then what about the the other girl who is suppose to be Tang San daughter, the one is the current leader of the Tang sect. Can someone give me an explanation.
  • No one ever gave a satisfactory answer to how tang San daughter got a butterfly spirit. I would like to know.

Also, I haven't started the novel yet, but a I have read some of the manhwa. I noticed the dude who is in a bromance with the MC has a butterfly spirit. Is that Tang San daughter in disguise or something cause Chinese novels don't normally do homo stuff so it was a bit unexpected. But then what about the the other girl who is suppose to be Tang San daughter, the one is the current leader of the Tang sect. Can someone give me an explanation.

yes that's the daughter 
  • Thanks, injamambivu
    But I was hoping for something a little more in-depth. Can you or someone else do so please.
  • What exactly did he do to Ma Xiaotao in chapter 53? Was it ever explained? I know he is only supposed to use his ice spirit to restrain her fire spirit but in chapter 53 it seemed like they were having sex so I am curious as to what they were "really" doing.
  • edited December 2015
    Read the MTLs months ago and will write here the significant stuff from what I remember starting from what happens in the manga, IMO the manga for doulu dalu 2 was done pretty well and heaps better than the first duolu dalu adaptation. The latest manga chapters shows off the new shrek 7 to be trained as reserve team for the upcoming spirit master tournament. 

Disclaimer: I read the raws months ago and I already forgot most of it except the important parts I think, so I'm really sorry if the details are not complete :| Also read the MTLs so I might have misunderstood stuff.

- The team practices with the current starting team, From what I remember the current starting team is Ma Xiaotao (girl with evil phoenix), a girl with ice scepter (control), a boy with white tiger (older brother of MC's classmate with white tiger, so also his older brother from his father side), a boy with a bird spirit (support type), and the other guys I forget. Lol. 
    The teams are shuffled so all of them will be familiar with the techniques of one another, at first Ma Xiaotao and MC is teamed up with Wang Dong and the bird guy, am not sure with the rest and the other team is the ice girl, white tiger and others. MC's ice spirit suppresses the ice girl, ice girl cannot use her spirit properly due to MC influence. Principal interferes in the middle as he thought that MC is a spirit beast because of his spirit, but then confirms that he is human and just resumes the battle. Also with MC skill phoenix girl can unleash all her ability with accuracy, thus decimating the other team.
     - Teams swap, now with MC's support the ice girl gets a nice boost. Their team now defeats the other team.
     - Its revealed that shrek core students occassionally goes on missions to save the world (or something like that). However, these missions are dangerous as it usually involves suppressing bandits/evil groups, and has lead to deaths of core disciples in the past. This is also why the elder is a drunkard. The group they are going to is involved in occult practices, apparently some spirit masters have used evil practices for their cultivation i.e. involving live sacrifices/necromancer practices/voodoo stuff.
     - My memories are blurry in this arc, but I think the bird guy dies in this mission and all the core disciples are injured. MC gets captured by the head of the group. He was saved by his third spirit in this encounter.
     - All the core disciples are in no condition to fight in the tournament, thus the reserve team fights. They get by in the first rounds due to MC's camouflage spirit ability as 100k spirit rings, thus teams would give up without fighting.
     - They are able to get by until they are qualified for the main competition, but team got injured on their last battle and had to give up all the other battles so they can recover. Shrek also comes clean with their circumstances. It doesn't matter much now tho as they are now qualified in the main competition.
    Spoiler:
     - First to recover in the core disciples is ice girl, so now they have some real firepower. Other core disciples start recovering as well but MC is still included in the team because of his abilities.
     - Can't remember much after this now, but in the finals due to an opponents ability phoenix girl gets corrupted and goes crazy. Forgot how this gets resolved.
     - Can't remember what happened afterwards, but when they get back its revealed tang chief girl started doing evil practices to increase her cultivation. Also part of Tang Sect decline turned out to be because they try to cultivate another Tang San (with blue silver spirit grass) but all failed. 

- Only read up to that point. Lol. Others who have read the raws please correct my stuff for anything wrong. :)

• edited February 2016
    I think is Wang dong the daugther of tang san and xiao wu and not the tang sect leader, in the prologue of the manhua you can see what she likes and also in the prologue of the novel is described what the little girl likes.
    Just as they were talking, not far in the misty clouds, a tiny head popped out, blinking two times. The girl seemed to be around 11-12 years old, she resembled TangSan by about 70%, although her lines looked a lot softer, her beautiful eyes resembled XiaoWus.
    “Always listening to mother and father talk about the Douluo continent, it seems like a fun place! hihi.”
    http://i.imgur.com/kRbAkgK.png 
    Here the the prologue of the novel: http://pandatranslations.net/translations/prologue/