Heaven Demon Grotto [Spoiler]

Does someone mind telling me who or what this demon is?

The former Dark Crow body of Li Qiye, is it a construct simillar to the one that Nie Li fabricates for the Ancestor of the City Lords sect from TDG ?

Comments

  • The Heaven Demon Grotto is a sect that even Immortal Emperor's have to be wary of. The head of the sect is an old man (I can't remember his name) that is responsible for Li Qiye's soul being taken out his body and being put in the Dark Crow.

    The old man possess the Longevity Grass, one of the nine sacred treasures, which essentially allows the bestowal of an indefinite life span. He used this on the Dark Crow's body, which is how Li Qiye has been alive for millions of years. At some point in time, LQY managed to banish the Heaven Demon Grotto from the Nine Worlds and locked them in a separate dimension of sorts. Only a select few people know where the entrance is located.

    Immortal Emperor Ta Kong was told the location and decided to invade the Grotto to try and steal treasures but was stopped by the Black Dragon King because he feared that Ta Kong would disrupt LQY's plans. BDK took advantage of of defeating Ta Kong and invaded the Grotto, allowing him to free the human body of LQY, releasing LQY's soul from the Dark Crow, and setting the backdrop of the beginning of the story.

  • What happened to BDK?
    Is he dead?
    If so, by whom? Heaven Demon Grotto or Ta Kong?
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • We still don't know his background only that he's a really powerful person from even more ancient eras, what i understand from his conversation with LQY in the past he challenged the ruler of heaven and lost, so he needed to find a thing to win against the heaven, because he have to continue hiding he created his immortal dark crow to search for it, LQY would later retrieved this thing in the story.
  • What happened to BDK?
    Is he dead?
    If so, by whom? Heaven Demon Grotto or Ta Kong?
    He's still alive. Apparently True Dragons have this ability where they can cheat death by creating new bodies and carrying over their cultivation as they transfer souls into the new body.

    However, after killing Ta Kong, he fought the Heaven Demon Grotto to release Li Qiye's human body from its seal. He died in the process, along with many of his allies. A small piece of his soul manged to survive and reconstruct a new body but it was significantly weaker than his previous body because he wasn't able to transfer his cultivation. He's currently in hiding, slowly gathering his power once more and attempting to recover.


  • edited October 2016
    What happened to BDK?
    Is he dead?
    If so, by whom? Heaven Demon Grotto or Ta Kong?
    Not dead, BDK have 3 body, he lost his strongest body which also contain most of his soul, the one that killed BDK body isn't Ta Kong at least (because he should be dead after BDK tore his Heaven's will) it should be the Ancient Mings.

  • When does LQY meet him again?
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • towards the end of volume seventeen...a long way from the current translation.
  • edited October 2016
    CE-NEX said:
    The Heaven Demon Grotto is a sect that even Immortal Emperor's have to be wary of. The head of the sect is an old man (I can't remember his name) that is responsible for Li Qiye's soul being taken out his body and being put in the Dark Crow.

    The old man possess the Longevity Grass, one of the nine sacred treasures, which essentially allows the bestowal of an indefinite life span. He used this on the Dark Crow's body, which is how Li Qiye has been alive for millions of years. At some point in time, LQY managed to banish the Heaven Demon Grotto from the Nine Worlds and locked them in a separate dimension of sorts. Only a select few people know where the entrance is located.

    Immortal Emperor Ta Kong was told the location and decided to invade the Grotto to try and steal treasures but was stopped by the Black Dragon King because he feared that Ta Kong would disrupt LQY's plans. BDK took advantage of of defeating Ta Kong and invaded the Grotto, allowing him to free the human body of LQY, releasing LQY's soul from the Dark Crow, and setting the backdrop of the beginning of the story.

    Longevity Grass, wasn't it also an item in the possession of the Old Ghost?
  • We still don't know his background only that he's a really powerful person from even more ancient eras, what i understand from his conversation with LQY in the past he challenged the ruler of heaven and lost, so he needed to find a thing to win against the heaven, because he have to continue hiding he created his immortal dark crow to search for it, LQY would later retrieved this thing in the story.
    Are you reffering to the Scriptures? Li Qiye already has one; the Phisique Scripture, doesn't he?
  • Only the old demon in the grotto had the longevity grass.

    今晚想跟我上床吗?

  • Lowlav said:
    Are you reffering to the Scriptures? Li Qiye already has one; the Phisique Scripture, doesn't he?
    It's something else just the scriptures or the treasures isn't enough to win, the old man said that many people over many era already challenged the heaven practicing the scriptures and used the treasures but nobody succeed, he came to the conclusion you need that thing to win.
  • Only the old demon in the grotto had the longevity grass.
    Chapter 187

    “Eight Petal One Sword saint grass. In the legends this was a leaf blade that transcended into the supreme immortal grass. It’s able to nourish the soul, rebel against fate, and change one’s lifespan!”

    Isn't this the thing though? This was one of the things he offered Li Qiye.
  • Chapter 187

    “Eight Petal One Sword saint grass. In the legends this was a leaf blade that transcended into the supreme immortal grass. It’s able to nourish the soul, rebel against fate, and change one’s lifespan!”

    Isn't this the thing though? This was one of the things he offered Li Qiye.

    No. This is just an elixir which will increase a person's lifespan by a certain amount. It a legendary treasure on its own, but it's a one time use.

    The Longevity Grass can be used indefinitely and on several people. So long as the person isn't killed, they won't die or age from it's effects.

  • CE-NEX said:
    Chapter 187

    “Eight Petal One Sword saint grass. In the legends this was a leaf blade that transcended into the supreme immortal grass. It’s able to nourish the soul, rebel against fate, and change one’s lifespan!”

    Isn't this the thing though? This was one of the things he offered Li Qiye.

    No. This is just an elixir which will increase a person's lifespan by a certain amount. It a legendary treasure on its own, but it's a one time use.

    The Longevity Grass can be used indefinitely and on several people. So long as the person isn't killed, they won't die or age from it's effects.

    I see. Thanks
  • Reading this when  you dont know that there are more ch. that are not translate .. fell sad 
  • deizame said:
    Reading this when  you dont know that there are more ch. that are not translate .. fell sad 
    https://img.fireden.net/vg/image/1458/17/1458172439097.jpg
  • edited February 2017
    Is this different from the "all heaven Grotto" (ch 182) ? Any further spoilers on it ?
    Free Your Mind
  • So he wont encounter the Heavenly Demon Grotto sect anymore? If he defeated them they wont be a threat right?
    #updatelist#
  • I got a question about this place.

    At the very beginning, it is explained shortly how he is captured, has his soul stripped and has it put into the body of a giant crow. It is also told how he is given the mission to gather knowledge for the Grotto, in the way of cultivation techniques, alchemy recipes and so on. The way the Grotto would get said information was to read/extract his memories. However, on his very first outing, he meets the alchemy god who helped LQY create a way to seal all his knowledge so that the Grotto couldn't get said information. 

    The amount of times LQY goes out is never specified but it is implied to be A LOT. Each time he would be forced back since the Grotto could control him while in the body of the crow. However, seeing as it is mentioned by LQY that he never ever gave the Grotto a single scrap of knowledge since he would seal away every last piece so to prevent the Grotto from getting anything. Why would the Grotto keep sending him out? I mean if I had someone who I put do something and they kept going out and returning for billions of years with nothing to show for it I would become pretty pissed and most likely dispose of the person. Instead, the Grotto just keeps sending him out, until eventually during one of his times returning his soul is returned to his original body and the story starts.

    What also bugs me a bit here is simply the fact that LQY would always keep the knowledge that he had sealed his memories and how to get them back, and seeing how the Grotto could read/extract all his knowledge they would simply know this part as well. So not only did he fail in his mission multiple times they should also logically know that LQY was working against them.

    I could go on but I'll stop here, my main question here is simply is this ever at all explained or is it just a simple it is what it is, just keep reading it and ignore the plot holes. 
  • edited December 2017
    tobajas said:
    I got a question about this place.

    At the very beginning, it is explained shortly how he is captured, has his soul stripped and has it put into the body of a giant crow. It is also told how he is given the mission to gather knowledge for the Grotto, in the way of cultivation techniques, alchemy recipes and so on. The way the Grotto would get said information was to read/extract his memories. However, on his very first outing, he meets the alchemy god who helped LQY create a way to seal all his knowledge so that the Grotto couldn't get said information. 

    The amount of times LQY goes out is never specified but it is implied to be A LOT. Each time he would be forced back since the Grotto could control him while in the body of the crow. However, seeing as it is mentioned by LQY that he never ever gave the Grotto a single scrap of knowledge since he would seal away every last piece so to prevent the Grotto from getting anything. Why would the Grotto keep sending him out? I mean if I had someone who I put do something and they kept going out and returning for billions of years with nothing to show for it I would become pretty pissed and most likely dispose of the person. Instead, the Grotto just keeps sending him out, until eventually during one of his times returning his soul is returned to his original body and the story starts.

    What also bugs me a bit here is simply the fact that LQY would always keep the knowledge that he had sealed his memories and how to get them back, and seeing how the Grotto could read/extract all his knowledge they would simply know this part as well. So not only did he fail in his mission multiple times they should also logically know that LQY was working against them.

    I could go on but I'll stop here, my main question here is simply is this ever at all explained or is it just a simple it is what it is, just keep reading it and ignore the plot holes. 
    Because the grotto master and Li Qiye are more than just servant and master. They also share the same enemy. Li Qiye doesn't like the grotto and it is definitely his enemy, but the main enemy is the same for the both of them.

    We also don't know how much information he gave the grotto. He could have only sealed the most important things and the grotto was still benefitting. You will see the grotto later.
  • edited December 2017
    tobajas said:
    I got a question about this place.

    At the very beginning, it is explained shortly how he is captured, has his soul stripped and has it put into the body of a giant crow. It is also told how he is given the mission to gather knowledge for the Grotto, in the way of cultivation techniques, alchemy recipes and so on. The way the Grotto would get said information was to read/extract his memories. However, on his very first outing, he meets the alchemy god who helped LQY create a way to seal all his knowledge so that the Grotto couldn't get said information. 

    The amount of times LQY goes out is never specified but it is implied to be A LOT. Each time he would be forced back since the Grotto could control him while in the body of the crow. However, seeing as it is mentioned by LQY that he never ever gave the Grotto a single scrap of knowledge since he would seal away every last piece so to prevent the Grotto from getting anything. Why would the Grotto keep sending him out? I mean if I had someone who I put do something and they kept going out and returning for billions of years with nothing to show for it I would become pretty pissed and most likely dispose of the person. Instead, the Grotto just keeps sending him out, until eventually during one of his times returning his soul is returned to his original body and the story starts.

    What also bugs me a bit here is simply the fact that LQY would always keep the knowledge that he had sealed his memories and how to get them back, and seeing how the Grotto could read/extract all his knowledge they would simply know this part as well. So not only did he fail in his mission multiple times they should also logically know that LQY was working against them.

    I could go on but I'll stop here, my main question here is simply is this ever at all explained or is it just a simple it is what it is, just keep reading it and ignore the plot holes. 

    You make a lot of Mistakes.
    He don't meet the Alchemy God at the start, for a long time, he don't have control of his body, and when he meet the AG he have this control.
    And after a time, he don't go back to the Groto, he go hibernate when the compulsion of go back is too strong. And I don't rebember when LQY said that he never gave knowledge, and I don't think he said that
  • tobajas said:
    I got a question about this place.

    At the very beginning, it is explained shortly how he is captured, has his soul stripped and has it put into the body of a giant crow. It is also told how he is given the mission to gather knowledge for the Grotto, in the way of cultivation techniques, alchemy recipes and so on. The way the Grotto would get said information was to read/extract his memories. However, on his very first outing, he meets the alchemy god who helped LQY create a way to seal all his knowledge so that the Grotto couldn't get said information. 

    The amount of times LQY goes out is never specified but it is implied to be A LOT. Each time he would be forced back since the Grotto could control him while in the body of the crow. However, seeing as it is mentioned by LQY that he never ever gave the Grotto a single scrap of knowledge since he would seal away every last piece so to prevent the Grotto from getting anything. Why would the Grotto keep sending him out? I mean if I had someone who I put do something and they kept going out and returning for billions of years with nothing to show for it I would become pretty pissed and most likely dispose of the person. Instead, the Grotto just keeps sending him out, until eventually during one of his times returning his soul is returned to his original body and the story starts.

    What also bugs me a bit here is simply the fact that LQY would always keep the knowledge that he had sealed his memories and how to get them back, and seeing how the Grotto could read/extract all his knowledge they would simply know this part as well. So not only did he fail in his mission multiple times they should also logically know that LQY was working against them.

    I could go on but I'll stop here, my main question here is simply is this ever at all explained or is it just a simple it is what it is, just keep reading it and ignore the plot holes. 
    You have to understand that the Immortal Demon Grotto Master is the same like Lqy, a patient and pragmatic schemer whose plans extend over millions of years. He knew that Lqy s goal was the same as his, namely overthrowing Old Thief Heaven (presumably the ruler of the universe or at least the most powerful existence known until now ). To accomplish this, Lqy needs not the borrowed strength and immortality of the crow body, but his own true body, which was in the hand of the Immortal Demon Grotto Master. Due to the IDG Masters immortality, he had to simply wait till Lqy would return for his true body to capture him and extract his knowledge over time to cancel all potential loses he suffered at Lqy s hand. Besides that, we do not know what the price of creating the Dark Crow was, except that it should have been pretty hefty and therefore killing Lqy would be quite uneconomical.

    In the later chapters (~ 1700) it also shown that the IDG Master had sentiments toward Lqy, which were similar to those of a mentor or foster father, albeit Lqy didn't reciprocate them. He was impressed by Lqy s tenacity and reminded of his younger self. Additional to that Lqy was probably the only living being he could communicate with in the hundreds of millions ( or even more ) years he was in the 9 worlds. When he was dying, he even offered Lqy the Longevity Grass if he recognized him as father and named a son after him, which Lqy denied due to his pride and resentment ( from a pragmatic position, probably Lqy s most stupid decision ever). So there is also no emotional motivation for the IDG Master to kill Lqy.
Sign In or Register to comment.