Is there a connection between this novel and Coiling Dragon?

The main thing that's making me ask this is the most recent chapters, specifically 272.

Earthen brown, fiery red, heavenly green, and azure balls of light silently appeared in mid-air.

“Oh? This power!” Within these four balls of light, Leylin could feel the familiar air of energy particles.“These are… Earth, fire, wind and water?” Leylin was dazed and immediately recognised the natures of these balls of light.He touched his chin and pondered deeply.In a few ancient schools of thought, there had once been a concept that earth, fire, wind, and water formed the foundations of the world!From the looks of it, the Spirit Slaying Sect also held such a thought.
Just the way the elements exactly line up with Coiling Dragon's is suspicious to me.  As well as the fact that Leylin's name is not also very similar to Linley's name as well is the name of Bluefire, both of which are from Coiling Dragon.  There's also how there's two different types of realms, magus and knight.  Magus being more powerful than the knight.  All of these things are very similar to Coiling Dragon, so is this novel possibly taking place in one of the cosmos of IET's universe?  Either in Hongmeng's, or Linmeng's, or the mc of Stellar Transformation's?  I was thinking because of the similarities to Linley's cosmos, maybe it's in Hongmeng's just a different secondary cosmos?
Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.

Comments

• Tananaka said:
    no
    Thought this was going to happen, could you elaborate on that at all?
    Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.
  • edited October 2016
    Different series. Different writers

Coiling Dragon is written by I Eat Tomato's (IET)
    Warlock of the Magus World is written by The Plagiarist

Elements are part of Chinese Mythology where the world is created from certain basic elements

Usually its Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, and Wood
    With wood feeding fire, fire making earth, earth creating metal, metal holding water, and water helps wood

Sometimes its Fire, Water, Wind, Earth

However Wind is a component of Wood
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • I also want to add the 4 or 5 elements are sometimes used as the creation of everything in some mythologies. So it's not uncommon for them elements. 
  • The name of the author already explains a few things, lol.  The real telling point for me would be when Leylin reaches rank 9 magus, is the next rank Saint or something similar?  If it is, then that would strengthen my suspicions.  Has there ever been a novel (not just cnovels, any type of novel) where one author writes in the same universe as another?
  • edited October 2016
    ?

Dude did I not say they are different series? They have no connection other than they are both Chinese Wuxia novels

Chinese mythology and the use of elements in novels is not patented/copyrighted by anyone. You see the use of elements even in Western novels.

Some novels are similar simply because they are based on mythology.

Like the cultivation style in ISSTH is similar to the cultivation style in Stellar Transformations but both novels are part of their own set of series written by their own authors. Even Immortal Executioner/Zhanxian and Bringing the Farm to Live in Another World has a similar cultivation style with forming jindans and nascent soul (much later on in the story and nowhere near current translations for BTFTLIAW) but are you saying the 4 novels written by 4 different authors are connected?
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • edited October 2016
    No, I'm saying that Coiling Dragon and Warlock of the Magus World are connected, obviously. Kappa.
  • all in all there is no actual connection like Linley showing up in magus world or anything like that ( or someone from Linley's universe showing up) and anything with the elements its commonly seen in different other ways such as attributes in Japanese novels kind of like how almost every Chinese wuxia has a yin and yang element or dark and light 
  • Like CantThinkOfAName said they are different novels by different authors, and maybe this author like CD and got an idea for his novel from it, so to show his appreciation he used bluefire name. But over all, no they are not in no may connected and like CantThinkOfAName said Some novels are similar simply because they are based on mythology.
  • No, I'm saying that Coiling Dragon and Warlock of the Magus World are connected, obviously. Kappa.
    Connected in what sense? WMW author was inspired by IET's CD like @KingCahir said?
    Or connected in some other way like a shared universe?

I might give you the former even tho there is no proof but the latter is unlikely.
  • Originally I was thinking the latter, mainly because of comics as an example.  Comics are separate books written by different authors, but then there's the marvel universe and the dc universe which are shared among comics.  I realized it was most likely the former once I saw the author's name, but I continued arguing for the hell of it.
  • well for sure their universe's aren't the same and won't ever be they just share common characteristics kind of like a parallel world if that makes you happy
  • Actually rank 9 is the final rank in the novel as the being that reached rank 9 is invincible and only the destruction of the universe could kill them, a lot of rank 9 existences are not magi but natural born species such as the spirit of purgatory is a rank 9 existance and so on... nothing can challenge their rule... 
  • Spoiler, don't read further if you don't want to be spoiled. Idk how to make spoiler tags so read at your own discretion 

The very last chapter leylin breaks through to rank 10 fyi, he also says he can feel other people/beings that are as powerful or even more powerful than himself so as to say he's still not at the limit. 
  • Oh and that's all I could understand from the lnmtl, so read the chapter to get your own interpretation if you so wish
  • edited December 2016
    Oh and that's all I could understand from the lnmtl, so read the chapter to get your own interpretation if you so wish
    cool and to make spoiler tags you use these "[] put the word spoiler in between them, and after you finished with the spoiler you use
    also could potentially have a sequel in the future i guess... i just hope that it would not become what it became after he made that
    deal with mother of all snakes to kill that god magus and reincarnated himself, i thought it was so boring that i just dropped it around when he reached rank 5
  • Spoiler, don't read further if you don't want to be spoiled. Idk how to make spoiler tags so read at your own discretion 

The very last chapter leylin breaks through to rank 10 fyi, he also says he can feel other people/beings that are as powerful or even more powerful than himself so as to say he's still not at the limit. 
    He breaks through to rank 9 and realizes that there are still higher levels and the story ends with him visiting a futuristic earth with A.I. Chips.
  • Chapter 350 says the following: "All in all, this was just a counterfeit of a certain ring and grandfather." It also has quite a few moments before this where it seems to reference/imitate the moment when Linley first bound the coiling dragon ring. So no, while I don't believe there is any connection to CD as far as the universe is concerned, the author does indeed seem to have been influenced by CD. I believe all of these similarities and references are his way of paying homage to IET's CD.
  • nearly half of these novels will have those elements and the four heavenly beasts..so u cant connect them all to one novel....mga got the same 4beasts as linley etc, doesnt mean mga connected to coiling dragon
  • Why is this still continuing?
  • Why is this still continuing?
    Because the retards like OP believe that Leylin == Linley
  • Clearly the people that believe this have failed to notice that the authors name is Plagiarist.
  • Eilif said:
    Why is this still continuing?
    Because the retards like OP believe that Leylin == Linley
    Never said that.  I said that it was similar to Linley but it also matched Bluefire's name exactly.
    Either way, I realized that this theory was wrong because as Brega pointed out above and I pointed out in an earlier post, the author's name is Plagiarist.
  • There's no connection at all?, then what about Beirut and Leylin xD
  • edited September 2017
    There's no connection at all?, then what about Beirut and Leylin xD
    they're just references, not actual connections (As in they share the same universe).
  • edited September 2017