Meng Hao/Wang Lin/Su Ming???

Who is the strongest at the end of their respective novel?
Best personality?
Coolest of them all?
best character among all er gen novels (imo lord fifth) ...
and any other award u wish to give

i know it is pretty lame to compare mc's from two different novels and cant be logically compared for obvious reasons but still as a fan please give your opinions..thnks everyone 
PS -if someone wants to include any other MC from any other novel please mention the novel name and few words about him and i didnt wrote bai xaiochun from Atte because it just started...

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Don't know anything about Su Ming but they all should be of same power in the end. Meng Hao met the clone of Boundless Ancestor and he was told that there is a much bigger universe out there and the current universe he is in is not even worth comparing. And Meng Hao hoped that one day he will step out there and might run into Boundless ancestor , God or Devil ancestor (ie wang lin or su  ming).

I am only familiar with WL and MH and I like Wang Lin better. MH seems far too perfect for my liking and seems like he doesn't need to struggle for anything because he is the gifted one. WL on the other hand is constantly on the edge of life and death, making his character more credible/ relatable

I do think lord fifth is the most unique character so far. Hopefully author will shed light on his origin in current novel.
  • edited October 2016
    chrish said:
    Don't know anything about Su Ming but they all should be of same power in the end. Meng Hao met the clone of Boundless Ancestor and he was told that there is a much bigger universe out there and the current universe he is in is not even worth comparing. And Meng Hao hoped that one day he will step out there and might run into Boundless ancestor , God or Devil ancestor (ie wang lin or su  ming).

I am only familiar with WL and MH and I like Wang Lin better. MH seems far too perfect for my liking and seems like he doesn't need to struggle for anything because he is the gifted one. WL on the other hand is constantly on the edge of life and death, making his character more credible/ relatable

I do think lord fifth is the most unique character so far. Hopefully author will shed light on his origin in current novel.
    iirc i read some where that lord fifth's origins are explained in a thought through eternity
  • chrish said:

iirc i read some where that lord fifth's origins are explained in a thought through eternity
    it's not explained yet.. Only hints are given
  • edited October 2016
    chrish said:

Wang Lin's life isn't a struggle. it's the universe telling him "fuck u and everyone who knows u. just fucking die already. DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!"
  • Strongest? who knows? we all know that their current cultivation realm at the end of each novel (xian ni / issth) is only the "peak" of their respective universe.
    Personality? Wang Lin Slaughter source true body
    Coolest? Wang Lin Slaughter source true body
    :)
  • chrish said:

Wang Lin's life isn't a struggle. it's the universe telling him "fuck u and everyone who knows u. just fucking die already. DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!"
    For me I also prefer Wang Lin, he is not talented but he is stubborn and he never mess with people for no reason. However the screw you from the universe should belonged to Su Ming  :D his life is a real tragedy.
    Lord fifth origin is told in the side story but only from a short time before his fall to this universe
  • Someone please tell me the novel from which Wang Lin and Su Ming are in!
  • Someone please tell me the novel from which Wang Lin and Su Ming are in!
    Wang Lin is the MC of a novel called "Xian Ni" aka "Renegade Immortal" and Su Ming belongs to "Beseech The Devil" novel. Both are written by Er gen.
  • edited October 2016
    I like ISSTH but no denying that author has made the MC more perfect than he should have been.. That's one of the main criticism I have for the novel.  Barring initial chapters, the guy doesn't know the meaning of struggle. He is 100% in control of the situation and everything has to bow down to him cause he is the chosen one. WL is not the most gifted one, or has any powerful backing and certainly not the luckiest one. Definitely more well-defined character out of the two
  • edited October 2016
    chrish said:
    I like ISSTH but no denying that author has made the MC more perfect than he should have been.. That's one of the main criticism I have for the novel.  Barring initial characters, the guy doesn't know the meaning of struggle. He is 100% in control of the situation and everything has to bow down to him cause he is the chosen one. WL is not the most gifted one, or has any powerful backing and certainly not the luckiest one. Definitely more well-defined character out of the two
    Yeah, he nearly died twice, and that's not during a battle but while trying to breakthrough.
  • chrish said:
    I like ISSTH but no denying that author has made the MC more perfect than he should have been.. That's one of the main criticism I have for the novel.  Barring initial characters, the guy doesn't know the meaning of struggle. He is 100% in control of the situation and everything has to bow down to him cause he is the chosen one. WL is not the most gifted one, or has any powerful backing and certainly not the luckiest one. Definitely more well-defined character out of the two
    Yeah, he nearly died twice, and that's not during a battle but while trying to breakthrough.
    correction he didn't nearly die. He was death once, remember the time he become a wandering soul and then soul devourer  :) other than that yeah several near death event during breakthrough and battle. Well, Xian Ni did has more chapters though I think it helps the author defined Wang Lin character's better 
  • Azureus said:
    Someone please tell me the novel from which Wang Lin and Su Ming are in!
    Wang Lin is the MC of a novel called "Xian Ni" aka "Renegade Immortal" and Su Ming belongs to "Beseech The Devil" novel. Both are written by Er gen.
    Wow thanks, love Er Gen.
  • chrish said:
    correction he didn't nearly die. He was death once, remember the time he become a wandering soul and then soul devourer  :) other than that yeah several near death event during breakthrough and battle. Well, Xian Ni did has more chapters though I think it helps the author defined Wang Lin character's better 
    Ah i forgot about him dying and became a soul devourer on the foreign battlefield.
  • MH almost died many times too yknow. and that time when he's cultivating violet sea. 
  • Wang Lin the strongest person in er gen novel because only him that reach the 4 step and enter the higher realm and become the 2nd strongest pesron in that realm (immortal city).
  • yhatsz09 said:
    MH almost died many times too yknow. and that time when he's cultivating violet sea. 
    yeah but ultimately all of these help him out massively. and it never really feels like anything more than he's kind of close to the edge, wang lin on the other hand, it feels like he's over the edge and clinging on with his pinkie finger if that makes sense.
  • honestly ISSTH was Er Gen's attempt to move away from the tragic lives of Wang Lin & I'm assuming Su Ming (haven't read Beseech yet but assuming from all the comments)
  • honestly ISSTH was Er Gen's attempt to move away from the tragic lives of Wang Lin & I'm assuming Su Ming (haven't read Beseech yet but assuming from all the comments)
    yeah Er Gen's novel after Beseech the Devil has lighter tone in them (ISSTH,ATTE)
    yhatsz09 said:
    MH almost died many times too yknow. and that time when he's cultivating violet sea. 
    yeah but ultimately all of these help him out massively. and it never really feels like anything more than he's kind of close to the edge, wang lin on the other hand, it feels like he's over the edge and clinging on with his pinkie finger if that makes sense.
    MH never really die though and for me I like mc that is hardworking (zero to hero thing) but after he is revealed to be from some big clan, I'm a bit disappointed. On the other hand Wang Lin really build everything from zero, he is not talented at all (he even failed the sect entrance test) and I know some people think that MH action is a bit funny (especially with that debt karma thing) but Wang Lin never mess with other people purposely, his principle is you don't mess with me,I don't mess with you which fit for me more. Just personal opinion though.
    kazenoade said:
    Wang Lin the strongest person in er gen novel because only him that reach the 4 step and enter the higher realm and become the 2nd strongest pesron in that realm (immortal city).
    he is the strongest person in xian city not second as he beat Gu Dao :) . If you mean the one who become the 4th step before him it kinds of didn't count as I think he is from different world (not from xian city) but the same universe though
    yeah Er Gen's novel after Beseech the Devil has lighter tone in them (ISSTH,ATTE)
    yhatsz09 said:
    MH never really die though and for me I like mc that is hardworking (zero to hero thing) but after he is revealed to be from some big clan, I'm a bit disappointed. On the other hand Wang Lin really build everything from zero, he is not talented at all (he even failed the sect entrance test) and I know some people think that MH action is a bit funny (especially with that debt karma thing) but Wang Lin never mess with other people purposely, his principle is you don't mess with me,I don't mess with you which fit for me more. Just personal opinion though.
    kazenoade said:
    Wang Lin the strongest person in er gen novel because only him that reach the 4 step and enter the higher realm and become the 2nd strongest pesron in that realm (immortal city).
    he is the strongest person in xian city not second as he beat Gu Dao :) . If you mean the one who become the 4th step before him it kinds of didn't count as I think he is from different world (not from xian city) but the same universe though
    I agree with your second statement as WL truly went from nothing to something whereas MH's story was different he was born as a the eldest grandson from a peerless pair of geniuses which meant that his talent was no less and the reason why everyone assumed his talent was bad at the beginning of the novel was because his qi condensation method was sh*t and his two
    reincarnations
    restricted him a bit but it didnt take him long to reach foundation establishment at most 10 years if im not incorrect whereas like you mentioned WL couldnt even get into the sect but you missed the fact that it took him
    3 years to reach qi 1st level and then another 30  to reach the 3rd level and it was with someone assisting (also it does not count that he had the ability to fight those above him) and when he finally reached the great cycle that was his final stop because of how bad his talent was and the only reason he reached it was because
    stole it from a decently talented chap who tried to kill him
    wow that was long
    yhatsz09 said:

But MH dont mess with other people purposely too. 

• I agree with everybody's opinion... but at the end of the day wasn't Wang Lin the one who made it difficult.... I mean he went to the past / reincarnated himself over and over again to save his Love...... Just saying...
  • I agree with everybody's opinion... but at the end of the day wasn't Wang Lin the one who made it difficult.... I mean he went to the past / reincarnated himself over and over again to save his Love...... Just saying...
    nope, that's not what really happen
    many people think that he is just a reincarnation and the current world is just a dream world. So, Wang Lin give his slaughter true body independence and send him back in time to verify the truth about this world and find a way to revive Li Mu Wan. The slaughter true body in the past immerse in dream world over and over again. The dream world that the slaughter true body made imitate the current world.

yhatsz09 said:
    But MH dont mess with other people purposely too. 

He went to other sect and clan to "collect" debt. Also, in the current arc he purposely fuse a writ of karma when declare war when he don't even know and never met the other echelon members
  • oh please. everyone who owes him plans to kill him in the first place. and about that echelon members, its WAR for god sake. 
  • edited November 2016
    Nah, MH is a troublemaker, i'm a greater fan of Wang Lin he was a true character in my opinion, i really think Karma wasn't his best friend, nothing in his life was things that happened because of him, for god sake MH when he get into the fang clan he made trouble all around.... I really feel some connection with the way Wang Lin act.

about Su Ming i did not read yet but MH isn't one of my best MC out there i really dont like his character, Wang Lin is way above his league, to this day Wang Lin is the best MC you feel how much he was suffering even without him moving a finger this is the only MC that do not make trouble he will always act nice, for god sake MH broken down Ji clan because of debts, and wanted people to not get angry...
  • Nah, MH is a troublemaker, i'm a greater fan of Wang Lin he was a true character in my opinion, i really think Karma wasn't his best friend, nothing in his life was things that happened because of him, for god sake MH when he get into the fang clan he made trouble all around.... I really feel some connection with the way Wang Lin act.

about Su Ming i did not read yet but MH isn't one of my best MC out there i really dont like his character, Wang Lin is way above his league, to this day Wang Lin is the best MC you feel how much he was suffering even without him moving a finger this is the only MC that do not make trouble he will always act nice, for god sake MH broken down Ji clan because of debts, and wanted people to not get angry...
    I agree with you I think that MH can't be compared to WL as the had two different starting points the world that WL came from was brutal and only the strong had the right to stay alive whereas MH came from wasn't that hard to stay alive as throughout the story no one really killed on a mass scale or just because they wanted to get better benefits and until later books where he just said fuck it and started mass murder. Also the fact that WL came from a normal background made it even better as it show cases that the ones at the bottom most of the time have the hardest time to rise up without anyone's help and MH came from one of the strongest clans in the mountain and although he was left alone to overcome his tribulation he was
    still secretly controlled from behind by Shui Donglin so that once MH was ready they could achieve his goals
    so in reality he was bound to succeed...
  • Its not about their upbringing but a problem of personality MH how could i say it, Wang lin in my view is a man of honor, while MH overreact always wanted more, give a hand he  would take the arm while Wang lin was a man of great honor in my opinion, Mh is like a spoiled child while Wang lin look like a responsible adult, MH would be that young brother who always make trouble, while Wang lin would be the older one to take care of him, at least this is how i see the two of then.
  • Wang lin is the best he didn't inherit anyone's Dao he had his own Dao which he used to break causality of his universe and had a perfect reincarnation spell to resurrect Li Muwan.
  • Wang Lin 80% journey is to resurrect his wife. what Meng Hao do? just to collect some money?? Because that reason i prefer Wang Lin than Meng Hao.
  • Lol meng hao is easily one of the worst mc's of any xianxia. He cant even be compared to Wang Lin
  • I think that compare their attitudes and nature is kinda difficult, because both have different paths, I mean, you just can´t say which one was a better MC because some people may like the way WL act and others may like Meng Hao´s way to do things (I dont really have opinion about Su Ming :disappointed: )