LFG to learn Chinese (begginer)

Hi everyone, I want to start a little project to learn chinese, so I was thinking a whatsapp/weChat group where we can support each other with characters, simple sentences and conversations.

Anyone motivated enough?

PS: My level of chinese is 0.00001, so I'm looking for people of similar level, or someone who wants to teach us and improve his/her chinese too.

Comments

• edited December 2016
    If you want, I think I can give some help.
  • I would love to join, but I don't use Whatsapp or Wechat. I do have QQ though.
  • Errr, try to buy a text book?
  • The reason why I mentioned QQ is because it also has a group feature. And it's widely used by the chinese.
  • Maybe you can try to learn pinyin first, it would help you to read the word
    No no, don't do that, Pinyin is a headache to read because of the fact that there's just too many words one could mean by any singular word. Learn pinyin with the character, or even after, but don't learn pinyin just by itself.

Maybe you shall try "施氏食狮史". 110 characters, 1 pronunciation.

Pinyin is good, but when you are using Chinese, pinyin is not that easy to read for Chinese people.

• start from pinyin
  • Here is a Chinese and I think we can talk through wechat
  • edited January 2017
    I just wanna say...
    Did anyone notice it's posted in SEPTEMBER?

And I'd like to join~ I'm using Wechat.
    喵喵喵喵喵?
    No no, don't do that, Pinyin is a headache to read because of the fact that there's just too many words one could mean by any singular word. Learn pinyin with the character, or even after, but don't learn pinyin just by itself.
    It's actually much more easier for me in the past when I first started to learn chinese(pinyin first then the character)
  • Can u please chart out how to learn Chinese for a beginner. How to go about it? Should I learn from Rosetta stone? Textbooks?