Grasping Evil

Comments

• edited May 2017
    But, not everyone uses women for cultivation. I mean, you don't gain a power boost every time you have sex, so does that mean you're celibate? Besides, sexual cultivation is considered a low tier cultivation method so only the mooks and bums tends to use it, other than MC. So there should be a lot more married women and concubines, alive and well, hanging around heroes and villains alike. But nope. As I recall, there's only one milf in MC's harem so far. Even the women that MC takes from defeated villains tends to be virgins. So obviously, there's a disconnection here.

Stop using "can't be moved" to describe characters. It sounds corny as fuck and it's totally unrealistic. Prideful men should have a lot of women. What you're describing are zealous and single-minded men, head all focused on power and strength, which does describe MC's mentor, father. But, what I'm talking about here is everybody else. The Blood Dragon that MC meets. The assassin that MC shared drinks with and meets again when he ascends. The Rain God who ruled a world undisputed. The mighty tree demon that got trapped in MC's world. The list goes on. A lot of men have married women solely out of lust and desire. Or, solely for the need for heirs. Or the need to show off their trophy wives to friends, families. You know? There's all sorts of reasons for powerful men in high positions to want to have a woman in their life, or a couple of them. But, every character, whatever their personalities, for some odd reason, scoffs at the idea of long-term female companionship, whether willingly or not, despite thousands upon thousands of years of lifespan. In a polygamy-centric universe. Or, they take a single lover and then go on to have the best God damn love story of their lifetime. To the point where it'd be a bloody sin if MC were to try to seduce their lovers away and add them to his harem.

The behavior of the men obviously doesn't fit with the world the author created. And it's solely because MC is around. I bet if the story took place a hundred years before MC was born, the world would be a lot like Mad Max. Now a lot of people won't mind. I know you don't. Even I am only slightly bothered by this, and only because I think that's not fair to the other characters. But all in all, I'm fine with it. Just don't spit on a cupcake and call it frosting. The story universe, and everyone within it, exist solely for MC's benefit.

And about Chaotic Emperor... He's a terrible example. First, he's dead. Second, MC is basically following his cultivation method so womanizing is practically a given. Like mentor, like student. And third... Only two women have been revealed from his past so far (where I am). One who may have been a lover. Another, I don't think he'd ever been taken as a woman. So in a reverse of my earlier statement, he could have had a huge harem, but he could also be as chaste as a Catholic nun. I'm not certain, even you're not certain. So he's a terrible example, all in all. But I'll give you that one.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • edited May 2017
    You ignore the fact that majority of character all care about cultivation and get stronger to the point that they are willing to sit in a cave million of years practicing so obviously they don't fit into the way we think in real life. Seriously can you imagine sittting in a cave a hundred years doing nothing? The way people that world view about thing are different than us, they all care about power more than showing off their trophy wife or having kid, I mean you could be immortal here, so kid would not be on the top of your mind.

Also I believe rain god have a few kids and they are from different women I believe and all he care about is becoming immortal, this have shows a few time like that one sword guy that protect mc master. His past story show all he care about is cultivation and ignore the girl who like him and when she pass him in cultivation he got frustrated and did something stupid despite her warning. Men in this novel majority clearly care more about power than anything else. The one that have dramatic love story are the one that experience some deep shit that happen to them or their women. His dad and master or the guy that get lock up for like 45 million years don't need to rise. 
    Another thing, if you actually look at the novel in the perspective of the character in it do you think people would know mc have a huge ass harem? How would they know? He either keep is harem member some where else or have them in his pocket space so I don't see how other won't do the same thing or do you expect everyone he run into to have a huge army of women follow behind them to show they have lovers.

Plus women in the world apparently rarely become strong enough to live for a long time. There was one part where mc was making a trade with a 3rd step cultivator and it turn out to be a woman, he got really surprise by it which show that the world they live in, the amount of women who manage to live for a long time and are as strong as like men are rare. If you actually think back to it, you will see that the amount of women who actually reaches immortal cultivation when compare to men are very few.

Also about mc being able to capture virgin dual cauldron, yes that is just the author way of making it convenient for the mc. But author did sort of give reason as to why they were virgin in the beginning though like the first group, the guy was planning to use them when he breakthrough so mc manage to get them before that happen. It's not like it's not explain or something.

• edited May 2017
    Sure, a large part of cultivation involves the normal xianxia process, but the good thing about this story is that a vital part of cultivation involves cultivators getting back to their roots and experience life and increasing their perspective as a human being. That means getting off their fancy position and going live among the 99%. The truly powerful ones are the ones who are closest to their humanity, such as MC. So there should be absolutely no reason for cultivators to neglect one of the most important aspects of being human: relationships. And they usually don't. Unless it involves romance.

That's not to mention the ones who aren't quite as obsessed with promotion as MC and his likes. There are plenty of people who just wants to get by, survive, and maybe increase their strength a little so they can live a little longer. If MC, his father, and the Rain God are like the olympians of their world, these people would be like your amateur bodybuilder or swimmer. They should have no problem starting families or enjoying life. And they often do, with the exception of one glaring aspect. Despite drooling over women whenever MC visits an auction to purchase new beauties, they seem to have no interest in them outside of that. Doesn't make sense. Especially when there have been men who wanted MC's love interest and got into direct conflict with him over them. So obviously, some people don't take cultivation as seriously as MC does.

And there are quite a lot of women cultivators in his world. They can reach a very high level of cultivation. The most notable example is the Thunder God, who had the potential to crush the Rain God if he hadn't use underhanded methods to kill her. It's just that they do know how to protect themselves and they're hidden in powerful sects and factions. Which is why the higher the cultivation, the harder it is for MC to buy them from auctions. So he had to hunt for them himself if he wanted to get anywhere. Just like, you can buy a puppy from the pet story, but if you want an exotic animal like a wolf... well, you know.

Speaking of, people have to be blind, deaf, and living under a rock to not know MC is a lady's man. He have lovers all over the place and a lot of things he does involves increasing his harem. Literally, all over the place. And he makes a habit of purchasing slaves in public. So, he has quite a reputation. Now, MC can keep them all hidden in his secret space, but you forget, not everybody has them. Especially not one big enough to support an entire harem. I think the one closest to MC's was the umbrella item, which was considered a top tier weapon before his ascension. So if somebody had a harem, the harem have to travel and live with them. Which there is little of either in the story.

I know I haven't read in a while, but I'm not sure the Rain God had a harem. Sure, there's like, a lot of princes, but I think only one or two of the princes are actually related to him. The rest were adopted into the position of prince due to their strength, talent, or heritage. MC could have been promoted to prince too if the Rain God wasn't such an envious prick.

And since procreation is so hard, it makes all the more sense for powerful cultivators to have a harem. They can compensate their disadvantage with their heightened lifespan and sheer numbers of sexual partners. But they don't.

Look, I'm saying that the world building have problems. Cause it obviously does. But you guys are acting like complete zealots here.

Also, my memory is a little foggy. Was cultivation millions of years? The Rain God was probably that, but most of the time, MC only took centuries, right? I'm talking about the lower cultivation.

• I think you totally got it in reverse here when it come to cultivation of this novel. Cultivator of this novel are "require" to get rid of their human affair and desire. Mc went against this, which is why it's call demon dao and his path his much harder than other. When people breakthrough they are require to let go of certain part of their "life" like emotion and stuff so the thing you said don't really apply. This was mention a lot like when mc breakthrough gold core or when he break through true immortal. It mention the difference his breakthrough is with other. It's true that some people do require to experience mortal life in order to get a experience of life and death to breakthrough life immortal but when they get to true immortal they have to get rid of it, it was mention.

Also mc is lucky enough to have found some time padoga to cultivate in which lasted like instant in reality while other don't have this so they have to sit on there ass for like thousand or million of years. When the hell do they even have time for their harem even if they have one and how are their harem even alive. Most people are not like mc, who would keep his dual cauldron alive and help them practice. It was mention dual cauldron usually are dead after they are harvested. Also the pocket space that mc have is rare but they are pocket space that are smaller than that but it's big enough to fit a few thousand people in it. The ring he have in the beginning was of a lower level than the space of his locket, but of the same level as the umbrella I believe and it was mention at one point that the ring space is about half the size of the rain world which is huge if you didn't know and this umbrella only belong to an true immortal low level pill master so it's not as rare as you make it out to be especially in the upper plane, the one that is rare are one the same level as the pocket space of the locket of the mc.

as for when he was in the lower realm, I am pretty sure that mc rarely ran into people who don't have a sect behind them so I don't see why those people wouldn't leave they harem if they have one behind instead would bring those harem along.

Also you clearly don't pay attention to the proportion of top male cultivator to female. The number mc run into when he got to the higher plane was majority of males barely any female. Even in the lower realm the amount of female void fragmention compare with male was like 1 to hundred and it get worst in the immortal stage. And it was show before that female cultivator are often target for kidnapping and turn into dual cauldron. I am not sure if you still remember the part where the all female sect when out to them at one auction into to buy a pill to help one of the mc's harem member breakthrough, they ran into a few people who try to kidnap them and make them dual cauldron. This shit was mention a lot. I don't know what kind of world setting you think this novel is having but to me, the setting is that this is a world where women are treated as tool aka dual cauldron for increasing power by majority of character and only a few except happen.

Also one more thing I would like to point out to you. I don't think the author is setting the world into one where everyone or the norm is to have a harem so I don't really the problem with some character don't have one. It was show before a few time already that some people do have a harem but they treat their harem badly in that they mostly die after one time sex. 

also you mention people who are not obsess with cultivation like the mc, I fail to remember they were people like that other than the mc's little brother or people who try to live among the mortal in that one island. I am pretty sure all of them are focus on cultivating and reaching a higher realm so I am not sure if you are talking about the same novel here. So to them it's more important to sit in there ass to cultivate or if you are follow the demon dao then go out and kidnap strong women and harvest them to increase your strength. Or if you are living among the mortal than do what they do.
  • edited May 2017
    I do remember the parts you were talking about, but in my opinion, the effects were not as severe as MC made it out to be and there are ways of going around that process, which MC later discovered and gave to his harem. If the effects of cultivation were so severe, then everyone who's practicing the orthodox method of cultivation should be emotionless, reserved after a certain stage of power. And they're obviously not. While there are people like that, a lot more characters still act like human being, with all of their sins and virtues. And, they can still fall in love, marry, and have children. In fact, marriage has to be quite normal between cultivators, as some characters have been engaged ever since they were young. MC has had a couple of love interest where he had to fight other people over. Hell, the MC later gave up all of his emotions to revive one of his love interest, and all that did was made him emotionless outwardly. Inside, he's still the same person, marshmallows and butterflies and all that. And I seriously doubt any cultivator would take cultivation as far as the MC (otherwise, no reincarnation) so your theory may have some problems there.

And most people are not like MC, because MC follows a path of sexual cultivation, which is considered an extremely low and dirty method of cultivation. People who have met MC and are impressed by his talent constantly offers him a new methods of cultivation because they consider the path that he's on to be extremely limited. So what does that tell you? That any person worth their salt won't rely on women and sex to become powerful. Especially in orthodox sects. The MC made a special mention of this and called almost all other sexual cultivation method trash, except for a selected few. His is special because it's less about sex and more about achieving a balance of yin and yang. I think there's some advantages in two powerful cultivators having sex, but not to the extent where the man sucks everything from the woman and the woman dies in the process.

And there are certainly people who do not take cultivation as seriously as MC. Many of the named characters that MC meets, they are the elites of their generation or notable members of a powerful family/sect, which is why they take cultivation very seriously. Even then, I'm not sure they're as obsessed with cultivation as MC. Then there are the people who are not. They have lives outside of cultivation, jobs to do and always looking to increase their standard of living. Maybe they're a weaponsmith, or maybe they make pills for a living. Maybe they work as a guard for a city, or maybe they spend all of their time in gambling dens, trying to turn a profit. Or they are the manager of a certain establishment or a restaurant, or work in human resources. Or maybe they make and serve wine for a living. All of these stuff takes time away from cultivation. And MC encounters people like them in his travels all the time because they are the backbones of their entire society. MC's little brother gave up on cultivation and mortals are unable to cultivate. They're different from people who could cultivate, but choose not to focus their entire being into it, like MC.

And the proportion between genders is definitely not as bad as you seem to think. It is more like 1/3 at the very worse, and that's probably just probably because most women do not regularly leave their sect/home unless they have to. And the reason for that is the very one you listed. The world is a very dangerous place. That's also normal given Chinese traditions. And even then, MC would note that there are always both men and women around him, no matter where he goes. When MC turned assassin, there are women working as assassins around him, when MC travels, there are women being bandits and attacking travelers alongside men... The real reason why MC rarely interacts with them (other than killing them) is because MC basically eats every named/beautiful character he comes across. If the author gave a woman a name and a good enough description, there's a very good chance that MC will add her to his harem. So most women tends to remain nameless and in the background, and that may give you an illusion that there are 100 male cultivators to 1 female cultivator. Which is obviously not true either. Like, how many women in the story have been leaders of their own sects? To occupy high position on par with men? There's a lot in both the lower and upper realms. They're just not as plentiful or as featured as the men are.

I stand corrected about the secret space thing, but MC is the type to kill them all and steal everything that isn't nailed down. He's destroyed entire sects and families before. Other than currency, items, and alchemy ingredients, there's little of anything else. Or anyone for that matter. The only exception is that Demon General from the earliest chapters.

• edited May 2017
    Spoiler:

ok I think I might have not fully explain when I said some breakthrough require them to cut their emotion. I believe it was when mc was about to break through gold core, it was said that if he were to cut his heart demon then he won't love his women as much as he is at that moment I believe so it mean that they become more detach instead of become some emotionless freak who are no longer human. This was also show with the milf restore her cultivation. It mention she become "colder"/ detach than before so it doesn't mean when you cut your "emotion" or whatever it's for breakthrough you dont actually become emotional less. And mc was able to help some of his harem to breakthrough some requirement like gold core is because he have a much higher cultivation than them which allow him to do this which is also one of the method to bypass that was mention to breakthrough gold core but majority of people don't have this to help them.

and yes the practice of sexual cultivation is know as weak and trash and impractical but it sees is top notch in speed while other require much longer time which is pointed out by mc which is show later when it mention that they would sometime require to sit in mediation for a long ass time to practice. Also even if people who don't practice mainly in sexual cultivation could still have harvesting tech. It already shown some sect member that don't mainly practice sexual cultivation still talk about dual cauldron which mean they have and harvesting tech could still be learn separately like how the mc was able to use other tech like fire and stuff despite his main practice is sex. 

And you talk about some people are not as serious like the the mc on cultivation but that doesn't mean they are not cultivating at all. They do those thing to gain the resource for cultivating and those people are usually on the lower realm which are also the one that don't have the power to actually gain something like a harem, they are basically the commoner of the cultivation world, the one on the higher realm focus more on cultivating which is why they are willing to do shit like sitting in cave for hundred/thousands/million of years. Heck people in this novel all don't have that crazy of a sex drive like you think they do also, mc something sit in mediation and practice for thousand and ten thousand of years himself without contact with a single women and he was fine with it too so again the higher the cultivation, apparently the need for sec is not that important even for mc and this mean a lot especially when mc is on the demon dao, a dao that live on with your desire unlike the righteous dao where you are more reserve. 

Also so I think you need to recheck this ratio of women to men cultivator of your. From my impression the higher the realm the ratio of women cultivator compare to men are less. I don't know what give you the impression that they would be that many female in the background. When mc run in to female of a certain realm they would only be like one or two but then the amount of male in that same round are like all over the place so I don't know where you get the, "oh they are in the background and or not mention" from. When they are like one or two girl in a group of men, they would usually be noted by the mc and he would mention it but this don't happen that often when mc started massacre.

• edited May 2017
    Since cultivation is the core of their society, everything that they do has to be related to it in some way. I made a note of this. I didn't say that people don't cultivate, it's just that not all of them work as hard at it as MC. The MC, the Rain God, and people similar to them are like Olympians while other people are just like amateur swimmers or runners, or just people doing it as a hobby. Like, most of MC's actual harem don't really do much in terms of cultivation. Other than the ambitious ones, a lot just laze around and enjoy life all day. MC make sure that they have everything and ensure that their road is as smooth as possible. That's basically what sects and families do for their members. And that's not including the ones who knows they have no talent and no backings, and just try to live their lives as best they can. Or slowing their cultivation to a crawl in favor of developing their families or teaching their juniors.

My men/women ratio is fine. You're the one who made the claim that there's over a hundred men to every one female cultivator. There are plenty of women in the story and in the background. At every hierarchy of power, there's always at least a couple women on par with the men. And while most sects are unisex, there are a couple of purely female sects running about. Powerful and respectable sects. Not to mention there are also people who purchase girls and trained them from scratch to a certain level so that they can be sold as slave or partners to cultivators in the future. So I don't understand why you think female cultivators are so rare. If there are a hundred men to every one woman, this story will literally be Mad Max levels of chaos.

I know what you meant by personality, and that's why I said cultivation doesn't have much of an affect on their personality as MC made it out to be. It certainly doesn't turn men emotionally sterile. As for duel cultivation... you're the one who claimed that sex between a male and female cultivator will usually eventually led to the man harvesting the woman until they're dead, ignoring the fact that there are good benefits to both partners while doing the deed. Women only dies when they are plucked by men who focus primarily on sexual cultivation.

• edited May 2017
    Spoiler:

The men and women ratio of your is not fine. What I meant was the higher the realm the amount of women in that realm compare with men is like 1 to 100 and this is clearly shown. The amount of female cultivator might not be small but the one in the higher realm is certainly very little. Let use an example when that one time when like 100 immortal emperor gather at that one place aiming for the gate to the real world but then have to be save by the mc. In those 100 or so emperor, seemingly only 3 or so are women.
     Then there is the slaughter temple. The amount of female mask assasin in cross truth stage was like 10 or so compare to like 800 male. Even if female cultivator is a lot, most of them would be in the lower realm, minority would be able to get to higher realm comparative to men and being able to live long enough to be live companion to those men.

also on the sex cultivation thing, I think you mix up wife with dual cauldron here. Yes if people have sex with with their wife they won't harvest them obviously but this is different from dual cauldron, those are treated like object. It's already hinted a few time that female that are consider as dual cauldron will be harvest and will die and mc is different than those people who treat dual cauldron like that. Also again you don't have to actually practice sexual cultivation to actually use the harvesting tech like the mc being able to use fire tech despite practicing in the sexual cultivation. This was also hinted, like the one part where the thunder palace immortal girl went to get back the item that was an student of an immortal emperor "borrow" and he pretty much threaten to capture her as a dual cauldron so if we goes by your logic in that they have to practice sexual cultivation in order to be able to harvest women then that would mean that immortal emperor is practicing sexual cultivation too or at least allow his student to practice it which is highly unlikely since like you said sex cultivation are trash cultivation practice after all so it point toward people being able to learn harvest tech without actually having to practice sexual cultivation like mc or other demon dao sex fiend with impractical realm.

also as you said cultivation don't turn men into emotional sterile but it does make it so that they don't value thing like sex as you would like to think seeing as they are perfectly fine practing thousand years without women. Can you seriouly imagine yourself 100 or 1000 years without women? This clearly speak of how much "desire" and "sex drive" they have.

also you mention not everyone with so driven to practice like the mc and this is true but those are mostly low level cultivators and I fail to see how they would have the qualifications to even get a harem since they are technically the commoner of the cultivation world and even if they have one it would probably be a group of mortal or really weak female cultivators which also fit with the whole the harem being dead since they couldnt live as long compare to the male plus we barely see mc interact with those kinda of cultivator so we have no idea if they have a harem or not so I don't see why would low cultivator  e in fit into this argument.
  • The ratio is fine.

Most of MC's women are so much weaker than him that they aren't even in the same universe as him so the cultivation gap between two cultivators are doesn't really matter. And the "low-level" cultivators are only low compared to their peers. MC himself was once a lower cultivator too. If they want a harem, all they have to do is to take a trip to a lower realm. And the harem wouldn't be dead because the longevity of a cultivator ranges from the hundreds, to the hundreds, to the millions of years. I seriously doubt that every "common" cultivator would choose to get a harem the same time and all of their harem die at the same time, to the point that they don't even have a woman by their side when MC came around for a five finger discount.

Also if we follow your assumption, does that mean that everybody other than MC are actually monsters who regularly buy women and harvest them until they're dead? Even MC's friends and allies, or the "good" characters? I mean, that must be the only explanation why they lack female companionship of any sort around them, not even so much as a wife. On a serious note, I think you're just overthinking it, painting everybody in the universe as some sort of deviant who uses sex to harvest women and cull them off one by one, forgetting that sexual cultivation is considered an unorthodox and evil art. As for the student of an immortal emperor dealies, he's evil and he basically has incredibly huge power backing him up, so he can do whatever the hell he wants and escape the consequences. Other people, they're not so lucky.

And even if that were true, there has to be a level of severity between... dual cauldron (there, I said it). Just as you assume that they all die after being harvested, I say that since these people don't focus themselves entirely on the craft like MC, their harvesting must be minimal at best and the women are very likely to survive each session. I think the threat was more like... Shod off or I see rape in your near future. And, also, I mean, in general. I think plain, vanilla sex between two cultivators will have some benefits for both partners, however slight.

And how do you know that cultivators doesn't value sex anymore? Since we've established that cultivation doesn't turn a living person emotionally dead, then why do you assume that the sex drive is affected too? At least, it seems male cultivators constantly raves and drools whenever a beauty walks by. And there are still engagements, marriages, and enough babies around to keep a stable population. But for some reason, it rarely happens to the people MC meets. More of your assumptions? And to be honest, if I am immortal and I've lived at least 10,000 years, then a hundred years wouldn't matter all that much to me. But, after I come out, I'd certainly have a need to jump my wife or my concubine immediately to make up for lost time. It'll be like sex after a business trip, or in this case, sex after a thousand years. MC himself needed a couple days to satisfy his urges whenever he comes out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

• edited May 2017
    Spoiler:

ok you are totally missing the point, you compare mc with other character and this is a mistake. Mc care about his harem to the point that he chose a path that is much harder than other just in order to not have his feeling for them affected and to protect them, this was repeatedly said by himself and other that his path is very difficult. Also he have been alive for like what? Several hundred years and so are majority of his harem and he have method to actually jump start their realm making them be able to live longer so he have no worry as for them passing away form old age. You make it sound like other cultivator would have the method that he have to help their wife or the willingness to do it. Also like I said low level cultivator are like commoner so it hard for them to get a harem. Like you said yourself, that one immortal emperor student can do what ever the heck he want cause he have a backing, low level cultivator don't have did or the strength to achieve this and even if they have one, why would did bring their lover around? That is like asking some bandit to come rob his harem, people usually don't show off unless they have the power to protect so we have no idea what is going on low level cultivator but again this world norm is not "oh everyone have to have a harem" or "oh everyone have to have they lover wander behind them to show that do have lover".

Did you still remember when he enter the saint medicine place? That one immortal king who practice Buddhism ask mc to offer his wife to some asshole? Do you remember who he thought it was normal and fine and he find the mc behavior offensive? This clearly show the way that world majority of men view women as a whole. There is also other evidence of the wife not being able to outlive the husband that you forgot probably. If you think back to some of his harem members who have father, you never really see the mother. Why is this? Simple, it's just that they pass away.  So your ratio is not fine, not for all the novel have show. I am not saying the total population of male in this world is greater than women, I am taking about cultivator especially the one in the upper realm.

Again a in the world is not made of only cultivator, there are mortal and they do breed you know and again low level cultivator do breed too so I don't see how that would affect they population. You make it sound like everyone is an immortal powerhouse or something. They are like less than .0001 percent all of all the population of the world if you actually look at it logically.

you mention thing like "good" character or mc's friend who lack female companionship. For example who do you mean. Most of the character we see hang around him for not even that long, not long enough for us to even get much info about their life at all. Let use some of his brother for example. One of his "brother" was a former member of the nan clan and he was a virgin for how many years? It was in the tens of million years. Also then another one of his "brother", the guy that fell in a coma for like 45 million years but he have descendant so what does this mean? Oh he must have a wife or wives before but then what she mention at all? No and why? Maybe she is dead. Like even one of his subordinate in the very begining arc even have a son too but the wife was no where to be found. 

They literally have to self control to not have contact with any women for like in the million of years range here which speak clearly about their sex drive. As for the one with actual sex drive like low level cultivator, mc barely have any contact with them so we have no idea about them.

Seriouly, you make it sound like they should be like the mc and bring they wife around wherever they goes or something. Mc most of the time don't do this, well he does but they most stay in the pocket space or at a certain place instead of being outside cause he know it's dangerous so I fail to see why other people would bring their wife or whatever with them if that wife couldn't protect herself? If you want to see some dude travel with his wife together other than mc, there are but both of them are like immortal reverence 1 which is like somewhat top level in this world.

also mc don't do what you said he do when he finish practicing. For example in the few latest chapter, he did a 50 years meditation and after he was done, he didn't what you said at all, he didn't goes " oh I need of women now" and jump into his harem and start banging them left and right. This is another evidence on his sex drive.
  • edited May 2017
    I have to admit that you have me at a disadvantage because I haven't read the chapters that you're referring to in your comment so I don't know the circumstances behind their actions and decision, but I'll take your word for it. Fifty years is a cakewalk compared to what MC is used to anyways.

Perhaps sects can be sustained by the mortal population and newcomers, but major families and bloodlines cannot. If a cultivator have such incredibly low sex drive, as well as such terrible odds of conception, how did they create families that last thousands/millions of years? How did these families sustain their numbers and expand if they cannot rely on high fertility and sheer numbers to increase their odds? The ones who are sexually sterile should have been culled out of existence a long time ago.

Not to mention that cultivators have been shown to admire and lust after beautiful women too.

Also, if MC can "uplift" his women to a certain level almost effortlessly, who's to say that the major factions/families don't have someone much stronger than MC to uplift their female students/followers up to the standards of their heirs and sons? Maybe even a couple of someones? MC isn't the only one with the resources and the pills to do so.

I'm already aware that women have a lower position than men in this universe. If both genders were equal, then there wouldn't even be a harem. At least, MC would have a lot less willing lovers. In the same breathe, it is because women are treated like items that there should be a lot more men around with harems around. There is obviously a demand for women, since there is an incredibly profitable business in kidnapping women and selling them as slaves, to the point that people actually have to train slaves for hundreds/thousands of years to sell in the future? But that also doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of women who have reached the same power and positions as men. Their numbers are less than men, but certainly not 100-1.

My ratio is fine.

• Spoiler:

the secret family do have low level cultivator/mortal to keep their clan population up. This was shown when mc have a showdown with the dark clan where he invade their home and rob them. 

Also if you don't notice, it take a while to digest some pill, sometime mc himself spend a ridiculous amount of time just a digest a few pill and thing and he have the multiple god hole in his heart which should speed it up like crazy so even if secret family have the resource to boost they family member cultivation up it would be slow as hell and seeing as their norm is male over female which could be seen as they are will mostly prioritize men over women unless certain female are really talented. They probably treated majority of female as either dual cauldron or as breeding tool and not place most attention to them. mc is different, he have pill and he have a tech that could uplift them like two to three realm jump directly depend on how strong he is and the distance of realm between them plus the tech also boost there cultivation speed. This is a bewitching tech by the way and mc mention the creator of it(a girl) is even above chaotic emperor when it come to bewitching family so I doubt a lot of people in this imaginary world have a method like that.

another thing, you talk about then selling women but you forget this only apply mostly to lower level women, high level one are rare, mc said this when he wanted to buy some true immortal dual cauldron. So again low level women might be "a lot" but this goes down as the realm increase and the ratio between men and women cultivator increases.
  • Um, so can I ask about the milf with 2(3?) daughters? Like what's her backstory/what happened to her (past or present)?
  • edited May 2017
    Rewrite said:
    Um, so can I ask about the milf with 2(3?) daughters? Like what's her backstory/what happened to her (past or present)?
    4 daughters actually. Her husband is dead a long time ago. She is the "leader" of the strongest sect not counting the secret clan in north heaven. Not much else is know about her other than the first elder of her sect want her dead. 
  • I'll take your word for it, but going by logic here, these low-level cultivators/mortals should only replenish the common members of a clan. I'm sure the elders of these clans/families would want their primary bloodlines to hold the vital positions of their power structure and the leader who will take over once it's time, so these would be where their focus their attention on, however talented the "common" stock may be. A heir, or a couple heirs must be made in order to ensure the continuation of a dynasty. After all, how many dynasty vanished from our history because a ruler stuck to one woman and ends up with no heir to succeed them when the time came? And the founder of these clans and families, they must've started from somewhere too. So yes, they would consider most women should be considered breeding tools, which should increases the odds of a harem.

By all means, their parents and the elders should be stuffing the heir/new generations with wives and concubines until they can't even walk. Okay, not really, but at least with enough women to ensure that a lot of offspring, at least if they hope to give birth to one with enough talent to cultivate. Odds are extremely slim in a monogamous relationship.

And the ones without any backings? The mercenary-types? They travel everywhere and seems to have enough currency to spare, but they also seem to have no attachments either, despite showing an healthy appetite for beauties and female companionship.

MC have met both types and even spend years/decades in their company, but you know how the dance goes, everybody MC meets, male or female, no matter who they are, it's either monogamous or single. It's like he's meeting people through a xianxia version of Tinder or something. But, like I said, it's because he's the MC, not because it's true to the universe. Especially since it is based on Ancient China, perhaps the Warring States period.

Also, the ratio is fine.

• edited May 2017
    Spoiler:

ok again even if those secret clan top member were to have a harem, they wouldn't bring the harem around when they wonder outside, they would have them at home and banging them until they are pregnant so again even if they have one, we are not going to see it cause the story is about the mc and not about them. They are barely mention. We are not going to be show the everyday life of villain a. What you said about them wanting a heir so happen. At one part an immortal emperor was seriouly injure and dying and before he die, he decide to marry like 90 girls at the same time hoping they could give birth to another heir since the first one was kill by mc. Of course mc came and kill him but if you are wondering, did the mc took his those girl as his dual cauldron then answer is no.

about the mercenaries that you mention. What make you think they don't have one night stand time of relationship or maybe have their lovers located someone else like what the mc did when he decide to travel to that time tower to breakthrough gold core. They are probably not silly enough to travel around with their female companions in a world that make people aiming to kidnap female and sold them to slavery especially when they are not strong enough to protect those female.

also you said all the people he meet are either monogamous or single? So are you talking about only the "good" guy here or are you including the bad guy too cause there are a few bad guy that show they have a harem and try to capture and bunch of female and harvest them until they die which is probably after the first time cause after one time their cultivation would all be suck dry and I doubt those people would spare resources to "raise" those "mortal" female. 

Also I have no idea what make you believe your female ratio to male of cultivator are fine. I have show several instead where male and female of the same rank gather together and the male dominated to a ridiculous percentage.
  • Hm, I wasn't wondering, thanks. But, we're in an agreement then. Cultivators aren't emotionally sterile simply because they have reach a high stage of cultivation. They have needs just like everybody else. Maybe they can suppress it for ridiculous lengths of time, but they exist, just like everybody else. In fact, considering the culture and the world they live in, they should have a lot of women, whenever on a personal level or out of necessity, and when they go crazy, they go really crazy. Especially when they want a heir in the shortest time. Heck, ninety women may not even be enough, considering how hard it is for someone of his high cultivation to successfully procreate.

Cultivators do travel a lot, and as you've said, they can store their harem in spacial rings. Sure, they may not want to risk it, but since women are considered only tools and babymakers, why the reluctance? And what of the arrogant young masters with some serious power backing them up? They have both backing and bodyguards too so they should have no worries at all, right? Okay, let's pretend they may not want to risk their harem around with them like MC, but when MC comes knocking on their doorsteps, calling for the annihilation of whole clans, families, and sect, I find it queer how even then, they didn't even show up as background characters, when the massacres happen. You said this yourself.

And the reason why is, because the author wants to portray MC as the only one being shown surrounded by beauties, not specifically because it's true to the story. The author's not about to introduce a lot of beautiful women that have already been taken, all things considered, because men from powerful family would have nothing but beauties for themselves, but if the author correctly portray correctly how a universe like this should work, it might make some readers unhappy because a potential female interest they liked were not virgins or were killed by MC during his dark moments. That is why there is one, and only one, MILF so far, with four daughters for MC to potentially pluck away. I've said before, I am only slightly bothered by this. But you know, this is the kind of story we're reading, and a lot of readers prefer it this way.

Just don't spit on my cupcake and all that jazz.

• edited May 2017
    Spoiler:

ok, you talk about massacre clan and sect and why female wasn't mention in the background right? The same reason why little kid or old people are not mention. Please don't tell me they don't exist.

Also, I never really said people in higher cultivation don't have urges but I said it's very low, they only usually do it for a certain purpose, mainly what I mean is they care more for practice and increasing their power then banging chick and this especially apply to those of the righteous dao, the demon dao people are more "open" about their desire than their counter part.

as for the young master who travel around, like how many of those does the mc even run into? And how many chapter did they even get. And how would the harem thing even be brought up in the begining. It's not like young master A meet ning fan and after a small talk, then start bringing out his harem from his pocket space and introduce them are something like that. Also the fact that they can hold on to their urge for a long period of time mean they don't have to have some with them at every moment so I really don't see a reason as to why do would bring their women around if they did have one. Them being young master, they would probably spend at most 50-100 outside then they would return to their home and banging chick when they do or simply buy or kidnap some dual cauldron along the way to get rid of their urge.

You apparently think mc is the only one surrounded by beauties and no one else but hint through the novel speak otherwise like the fact that the first group of dual cauldron belong to someone else meaning at least this dude have a harem too and mc was just "lucky" to capture the group that are virgins. Also there is a part about a young master who threaten and "kidnap" one of the mc harem member to be his 19th or something concubines and then he spend like several month in his secret rape dungeon raping who know how many women for the heck of it and one of those women was a wife of someone else and he rape her in front of her husband. This is one of those rare part that the author show is what the everyday life of what villain A look like. And as to why this part was shown, cause the mc harem member was lock in one of those cell in that dungeon. So if you want the author to show the everyday life of other character other then the mc then it would only happen if it related to important people around him or himself. So like I said, the harem thing don't have to be state outright like having an army of girl follow them around, hint of it, is enough to know that they have harem or for better term in this novel dual cauldron.

• edited May 2017
    @alenotbeer ;;;;;;;;
    i'm talking about Chinese ancient culture, which influence the xianxia novel. Actually, I never say commoner can't have concubines, but they usually can't support to have one. My point is polygamy is uncommon among commoners, and multiple wives are uncommon among nobles (and kings).

I don't get why it's difficult for you to understand logically why MC have a lot of beauties surrounding him and there's no beauties taken. 

1) The story happens in MC's POV, and MC is sexual cultivator, so we will see a lot of girls who he caught.
    2) It is explicitly mentioned that harvested cultivation will kill the female dual cauldron. However, only MC is kind enough not to do it. The reason why you don't see any of taken dual cauldron is because they are all dead.
    3) You only see Yuan Yao as taken female because she is officially a "wife" of the master of Northern Heaven. She is not a dual cauldron, so she isn't harvested and die, but she is there to bare children instead.

Now, where is all those taken concubines? "Immortals" rarely marries a wife and only take dual cauldron for cultivation. I don't see it weird for 1 million yr old immortals not to have concubines when they can always get/steal girls as dual cauldrons. They don't really need heir, because they're immortal... I mean, I can't even recall immortals who are officially married to a wife...not in this novel... Not even the ancient chaos sex master...
  • o wow, his relationship with Lan Yun Xian is really taking a strange turn. its interesting but at the same time its kinda disappointing
  • edited May 2017
    Lorwa, a lot of stuff you've mentioned, I've already touched upon in my previous post, but I do need to stress a few points.

I see this get brought up a lot around. Immortals are only Immortals until they're not. Just because someone can live forever doesn't mean they will. Look at all the major families and factions in the story. Almost none of them still have their original founder with them. They are all led by a much newer generation or is the XXXth leader of an organization that has last for millions of years. Meanwhile, their founder, as well as their prominent members (people who once shook the heavens and should technically live forever), are all now being worship in the ancestral hall, accumulating karma and occasionally helping out their younger generations by giving out inheritances and gifts. If even Gods can die, then why should someone who is merely immortal be any different? Heirs still are extremely valuable in this story. An offspring with both talent and intellect, even more so.

As for harvested women, that is why sexual cultivation is considered an unorthodox and evil technique, and due to its limited potential, very few people uses for their cultivation unless they absolutely have to. Unless a cultivator is broke and desperate, with no backing. It is a taboo art, and it gives very little space for its practicers to grow in the future. And once they do achieve some level of power, they may even abandon it altogether to study something with a little more weight to it. Which means, very few people will specialize in methods which will completely drain someone of their cultivation. Sure, some people may learn how to do it regardless, and they may have a little skill with it, but these amateurish harvesting may yield very little results and I doubt every single cultivator in the universe would use this method for power. Heck, the number of practicers may actually be extremely little, considering its limitations and the stigma that comes with it. Otherwise, it wouldn't be an unorthodox/evil technique, but orthodox and widely embraced by everyone in the entire universe.

Also, keep this discussion in spoilers. Otherwise, this page will get very long.

And Nami.

Yeah... I don't really want the author to be that detailed and dark with this story. I just want some vague hints shown through the world building and maybe show some of MC's friends and allies basking in their own harem too. It's not much of an issue. But like I said, while some readers (like myself) may want a little more of this, a lot more prefer the way that the author is currently writing the story, where the stage and the spotlight features MC and only MC.

Just a difference in taste, I suppose.

FrostyX7z said:
    o wow, his relationship with Lan Yun Xian is really taking a strange turn. its interesting but at the same time its kinda disappointing

Uh, spoilers, please? I assume this is also beyond the part (950ish) where I'm currently at, right?
  • I just finished up Vol11 so ahead of that i havent rly started into Vol12 yet tho. 

Lan Yun Xian (Aka - Loli Xian) after her Thunder Body completed its inhancement and she regrained her originally body size and got all her memories back she still called Ning Fan father accidently at one point. quickly changing it to fellow daoist Ning after they separated for a year when they finally reunited it was at the ceremony for Ning Fan  inheriting 8th gen Slaughter Emperor title. 

Well i had thought maybe some romance would play out between them now that she had her original body size back but crazily enough the 100 years she spent with Ning Fan acting as his daughter when she didnt have any memories became a major heart demon for her. she desperately wanted to be able to call him father but couldnt in her current appearance so she had reverted back into her kids body just so she could call him father again. 

Loli Xian is certainly entertaining but i was looking forward to more interactions with her grown-up form.

• FrostyX7z said:
    I just finished up Vol11 so ahead of that i havent rly started into Vol12 yet tho. 

Lan Yun Xian (Aka - Loli Xian) after her Thunder Body completed its inhancement and she regrained her originally body size and got all her memories back she still called Ning Fan father accidently at one point. quickly changing it to fellow daoist Ning after they separated for a year when they finally reunited it was at the ceremony for Ning Fan  inheriting 8th gen Slaughter Emperor title. 

Well i had thought maybe some romance would play out between them now that she had her original body size back but crazily enough the 100 years she spent with Ning Fan acting as his daughter when she didnt have any memories became a major heart demon for her. she desperately wanted to be able to call him father but couldnt in her current appearance so she had reverted back into her kids body just so she could call him father again. 

Loli Xian is certainly entertaining but i was looking forward to more interactions with her grown-up form.

Yeah I was hoping something would happen too, when she show up to the ceremony and said she is the gift for her "father" and she wanted to have sex with him and have a kid if I remember correctly so I figure she would eventually grow back to her true self and join the harem but nothing yet.
  • FrostyX7z said:
    I just finished up Vol11 so ahead of that i havent rly started into Vol12 yet tho. 

Yeah I was hoping something would happen too, when she show up to the ceremony and said she is the gift for her "father" and she wanted to have sex with him and have a kid if I remember correctly so I figure she would eventually grow back to her true self and join the harem but nothing yet.
    I don't think it's having a kid. She want him to harvest cultivate her...
  • Is she related to the Thunder God from the lower realm?

• FrostyX7z said:

That is disappointing.
  • edited May 2017
    Is she related to the Thunder God from the lower realm?

No, thunder god of lower realm apparently also have a past reincarnation and it's related to the clan that defeated the zi dou sovereign and his territories. But then again with this author he might indeed make them related somehow, who know.

i would also like to point out your misconceptions on harvest cultivation on your other previous post base on my opinion on how harvest cultivation work on reading the novel so far.
    Spoiler:

sure solely relying on harvest cultivation to practice bring impractical to your realm which is the reason sexual cultivation is deed as low end art but that only happen if you solely depend on it if you only harvest cultivate once a while, it won't happen and it seem like majority of people know of certain harvest tech. Again I need to point out. People learn harvest tech doesn't mean that they main focus is on sexual cultivation, it's probably just any mean for them to increase their power like popping pill is one method to it so I don't think majority of people dislike harvest cultivation for said just that they don't depend on it and the fact that they don't have to power or face to do it in the open especially when it come to righteous dao people. Also I am pretty sure people who use harvest tech could and would kill the dual cauldron. It's true harvest tech have different of level but I think the different of level is base on who much the user could actually flow into his body instead of just evaporate in the air so in my opinion as long as they don't stop the tech when they harvest someone then the person would die eventually, it's just the the amount of energy the user gain differ base on their level of harvest tech.
  • edited May 2017
    So what you're saying is that almost all the cultivators knows how to harvest women, but are completely fine with if they only do it once in a while, that it's considered just like using pills to improve one's cultivation. It's only if cultivators do it all the time, then they are automatically considered evil and unorthodox? That's when it's ceases to be orthodox and become unorthodox, right?

That doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Spoiler:

you fail to realize that the so call "good" guy or orthodox are not as good as you think they are. They put up a front so to said and if they were to harvest dual cauldron they do it secretly. Basically whether it's demon dao or righteous dao, the main way their practice dictate whether it's orthodox or not. If your way center mainly sex or sucking blood and other cruel shit than you are unorthodox while you do stuff like mediate most of the time or what ever that are not consider cruel are orthodox so yes what you said is right but the different is one is more detach and rarely do it and focus more on slower and stable advancement while the other give quick resolve but unstableness.
  • edited May 2017
    Are you sure you're not twisting around facts to support your theories? Because I'm thinking back to the chapters I've read and I don't recall any passage, or even hints, that sexual techniques were so popular that everybody and their uncle, may they be of the orthodox or the unorthodox faction, is relying on it as one of their chief methods of enhancing their growth. And all of them are doing it too, but were somehow all able to keep it completely hidden from the public eye for millions of years. Huh?

I'm aware of how terrible some of these "good" people can be, but that's beside the point. What I do remember is people bashing the method as lowly and crud, giving MC the evil eye and showing disgust when they found out that he is a practicer. And how the author have repeatedly established that most people wouldn't even touch them, let alone practice them. You've read further than me so perhaps the author have revealed some major twist about that, but I remain unconvinced by your statement.

I mean... if what you said were true, then it'll be like if our society encouraging and even teaching students to use basic math, but if they so much as touch geometry, they will then be considered the scums of the Earth. If woman harvesting were such an important and integral part of cultivation, it wouldn't have such a stigmatizing role in their society. As the saying goes, if everybody in the world but you is mad, then you're the one who's mad. Like slavery was from our past, it would have been accepted as a social norm.

Again, there's lots of holes in your claims. I feel like you're just generalizing everybody else for the words and actions of a few.