Grasping Evil

edited August 2016 in Other Novel Spoilers
At pathoftraslation they started a new novel teaser that I thought was intresting if anyone has read a head plz give some spoilers.

Name: Grasping Evil (執魔)

Author:  我是墨水

TranslatorNot Bao

Link to Raws: http://www.qidian.com/Book/2939492.aspx

Sypnosis:

“If I grasp the evil, there will be no Immortals in the heaven! If I grasp the heaven, there will be no Evil on this earth!

This is the beginning of an ancient story from Rain Immortal World. My life, like a butterfly is to decapitate the world’s reincarnation cycle.

Looking back at the drifting smoke of mortal life, and faintly smiling at the Sun and the Moon… All for her, I will rampage this Rain Immortal World!

The Dao of the Heaven has three cycles and cultivation has three steps. Two words, truth and false, from the beginning to end.

First step, seven ranks of cultivation:

Vein Opening, Harmonious Spirit, Gold Core, Nascent Soul, Spirit Severing, Void Refinement, Void Fragmentation.

Comments

• What do you want to know?
  • 1. Girls in his harem
    2.List of evil things he does and details
    3.Any pets?
    4.Does study any alcemby, weapon refiner, or arrays things? 
  • 1. Too many, mom and their daughters.
    2. Killing, taking cauldrons.
    3. Don't remember.
    4. All of them. It is a very deep cultivation novel with a strong emphasis on Daoism.
  • 1. Too many, mom and their daughters.
    3. Don't remember.
    4. All of them. It is a very deep cultivation novel with a strong emphasis on Daoism.
    Was the teaser you released just a 1 chapter thing or are we going to get more chapters occasionally? 
  • lvl30wzrd said:
    1. Too many, mom and their daughters.
    3. Don't remember.
    Was the teaser you released just a 1 chapter thing or are we going to get more chapters occasionally? 
    I have chapter 2 done, just need an editor. But it was almost double the length of an ED so it won't be a daily thing.
  • edited August 2016
    how many chapters? already completed or still ongoing?

how much chapters/week will you translate? it's important for me wahaha

if you can translate 2 chapters/day like emperors domination, then i will read it right now. but if only 3-5 chapters/week, then better to ignore it right now, wait until 100 chapters/ more (5-6 months later)
  • It won't be anything near daily because I'm doing ED and SV also. This is more like a side project when I get tired of those two.

1034 chapters, ongoing.
  • 1.how does he fight like from shadows are stright up fights?

2.Are there outer races in this novel beside humans

3.Whens the next ch he has s-- in?
  • Hexwolfx said:
    1.how does he fight like from shadows are stright up fights?

2.Are there outer races in this novel beside humans

3.Whens the next ch he has s-- in?
    1. Both
    2. Yes
    3. Within 5 chaps or so
  • edited August 2016
    So does he gets revenge from the clan and does he uses the Pleasure sect as a cauldron?
    Edit: Never mind wrote this after finishing the first chapter.
  • what happens with the fiance from that sparrow sect? Lan Mei?
  • FrostyX7z said:
    what happens with the fiance from that sparrow sect? Lan Mei?
    she is barren
    Sometime I try to speak English.
  • talion333 said:
    FrostyX7z said:
    what happens with the fiance from that sparrow sect? Lan Mei?
    she is barren
    so they dont get married?
  • When will Mu Weiliang be fully healed and what will happen to Zhi He, Sisi and Mu Weiliang's soul in Monster Forest
    Will they disappear? 
  • even if she can't have kids I don't see why he wouldn't still be with her
  • Why was his brother sold to another sect  and what happend to him?
  • Some one from ning clan sold both of them for money. He cant rember his big brother and he now live in a village in peace brother came back 40 years later his brother finally remeber him but he is depressed his wife died and he wants to die he dies and the brother takes his soul and i think his wife two to a cou try and plant into babys to recairnate. It is weird with this reparcation thing. You find out later they are not really brothers the mc is 1000 year old his mother was injured and she used monster artifact to save his life he was in a cocoon for 1000 years he woke up and Ning family adopted him when they found him in the woods during a war he did not remember waking up and was adopted as servent with his adopted brother two the clan. What happen was mc used as spell of clarvaiote to look in past a old man came from one four heaven his at immortal emperor level very powerful he saw the mc dad and was going to make him into a Dao corpse. It is like planting a seed into someone destiny so you can swallow them to increase culivation he chose mc dad for his disciple he has planted more than one seed from different worlds. He injured the man wife on purpose to anger him to get stronger that why she was injured and old man wiped mc dad memory so he is focus in traing instead of love his at void fragmenting in the rain world but he dosent remember his wife or son. The fucked up thing is when mc reach spirt severing he found his destiny is killing him. When you cultivate each realm your destiny changes color but his destiny was going backwards the stronger he gets he found later someone try to turn him into a Dao corpse it was becuase it pass down from father to son. The mc still dosent know connection yet. The mc destroy his destiny into black desting when old man immortal emperor was talking to his disciple which person to pick to further disciple th old man gave him advice to pick the mc then during that type he was in a monster pool to get a powerful bloodline. With his yin yang he can intergate any bloodline. People think it ks only for dual cultviation but they dont know if you ad the locket you get complete heritage he can absorn the bloodline from anybody so far he took a corpse bloodline and hhe has god bloine demon bloodline and monster bloodline. When he was in the pond he found the right heritage to take but in instict he felt if he accpeted it his destknh will be fixed and he will die so he toom a 10% percent chnage to go for a hogher and severing being a dao corpse. The old man was mad. A hundred chapters when he gets stronger he fojnd out what hapen to his parents he wants to find the old man and kill and he dosent know yet where i am at the old man was the same guy fucking with his destiny he wanted to know eho did it and he dosent know the same guy. He found his mother later she turnec into monster stone he gavehis blood to turn her back and reunited wit his dad he meets his dad alot of time but he wont tell his dad his identity because he would want revenge. So the mc is going to do it himself when he reached the immortal emperor than he can restore his dad memory. Another thing he found way to master samsara to deal with life and death. This story deals with lot of recairnaton. You find out later his previous life he was butterfly who was in love with heavily empress and she love with him some guy betrayed the hevanyl court and mc sacrifice his life to injured him he remembers his previous and the girl she recairnate too. But her main body still survive it's corpse demon he restore her soul later but before he did you find her soul was split into 7 people his wife zi Ling the first girl is part of soul and the sect guy he kidnap clone who was sect where his brother was is in actually a girl and she is clone of another piece of the soul. He finds way later to restore the soul of hevanyl empress corpse without sacrifice the other soul becuase they became people and he is in love with each of them they got there own personality. Later on you find out again he is recairnate before butterfly another butterfly from a different universe and he enter the universe he is now. I think peak cultivation for now is immortal sovergin in the first chapter the big guy and inside of him is the universe where the mc is at. He meets him a couple of time in human form not giant form the third time he met him he asked what is he and he told i am all of life and disapper which shocked the mc and teachs him samsura techqine his ancient chaos lineage the guy was discple of this immortal sovergin zi. The mc came from another universe a immotal sovergin like zi but he is having bits and pieces of the meomory.
  • Wow, thanks.
  • Can you give details on his harem?
  • ImmortalEmperorBao does he eventually add the void chick into his harem :O?
  • edited November 2016
    Dude harem is to much he has bout 100000 women around chapter 700 and that is before he ascended into higher realm. There was this couple of chapter of him staying in island just spend months fucking alot girls to increase his culitvation. He also has a time chamber like form dragonball z and qin li time to pratic longer like 1 year inside he spend about four hundred years. So far at chapter 700 he is 100 years old but his skelton structre is over 1000 years old they check by divine sense. People think his 1000 years old and that shocking to reach the level he is at but they dont know his actually age is 100 years
  • kidan1310 said:
    Dude harem is to much he has bout 100000 women around chapter 700 and that is before he ascended into higher realm. There was this couple of chapter of him staying in island just spend months fucking alot girls to increase his culitvation. He also has a time chamber like form dragonball z and qin li time to pratic longer like 1 year inside he spend about four hundred years. So far at chapter 700 he is 100 years old but his skelton structre is over 1000 years old they check by divine sense. People think his 1000 years old and that shocking to reach the level he is at but they dont know his actually age is 100 years
    Is there any main girls that is more important than the rest of the harem or does he love them all equally?
  • The first girl he loves very much he refused to cut his heart demon that stopped him from reaching gold core realm for long time he didng want because if he did he woukdnt love her as much so he kept it and turn his heart demon into an obession to never lose anyone he loves and he defy heaven likes his master follwing demon dao path. He also picked up the same habbit as his master when he smiles he kills.
  • Are all of his girls living in mortal world possibly die due to age? (Zhi he, Xu Qiuling, Lan mei, etc.)
    I think he already went to immortal world for like thousands of years now.
  • No they are aliveb thousand year is not long for there cultivation he became the rain emperor before he left so he left alot cultivation materials for his girls friends and family i think spirit severing you can live up to 50000 years. I think his final goal is to make a world where there is no cruel violence for his girls and family.
  • Who is the "key" in the 10th level of the tower bestow by Ancestor Chaos?
  • in the previous life of xu quiling she help a butterfly to ascend to heaven.....is this the mc ??
  • edited January 2017
    Well, I'm up to chapter 965.

The chapters are also very long. It may have only 1k chapter on record, but if you look the word count, it's actually close to 1.8k or maybe a flat 2k on another story.

The way the author write is pretty unique and deceitful. You'd expected one thing to be the main storyline, then BAM, the author takes a detour, and then another detour, and perhaps one more. And only after that does the original plot maybe come back into the picture and everything comes to a finish. It's basically like a hallway with a lot of doors. You have to explore all the side rooms before you can get to the main goal at the end of the hallway. At least that's the case for the later arcs.

This and the length combined makes it a bit difficult to keep up with the story cause the scenery and the characters are always changing. Very reminiscent of the Sovereign of the Three Realm in terms of detail and length, though not quite as wordy and not as much fillers. Rather, there are a ton of philosophy in this story. As in paragraph after paragraph after paragraph of philosophy (RIP translator). In this story, rather than stockpiling energy, self-enlightening is much more vital to one's breakthrough. So, there will be a lot of chapters based around the protagonist's attempt to understand the universe and himself/his path. Keep note of this if you wanna jump into the raws.

As for the MC... This story also has the most... unique protagonist I've read so far. Ning Fan (name of MC) is definitely a villain. Not as bad as some anti-heroes I've read. Rather than volatile and menacing, he's more indifferent and ambitious. Indifferent as in "not my circus, not my monkeys" kinda way. He'd watch the whole worlds burn unless it directly affects him or unless there's some sort of profit to getting involved. And ambitious as in he will do whatever it takes to become powerful in the shortest time possible. And if that means killing a bunch of people or robbing people blind, or drinking menstrual blood or raping corpses, SO BE IT!

Yeah... I didn't mistype there. That happened. I'd be honest, a lot of things that Ning Fan have done have turned my stomach. I like his character, but sometimes, he takes things a bit too far... Not in the violent way, but in a weird, creepy way. The author seems to have toned down on these stuff in the later arc, but it's still hard to forget the stuff that makes me wanna gag.

And there's a major  revelation about MC's universe at around chapter 700 that both confused and frustrated the heck out of me.

However, on the other end of the stick, the story is at least written well. There are an overwhelming amount of awesome and cool moments to make up for all the weird stuff. Because in this story, MC is essentially a walking miracle, just casually stunning the ignorant and the sagely alike with his sheer brilliance.

The author doesn't use any bullshit to make keep everyone's strength stay relatively the same. This MC is the star of his generation and levels up really fast in comparison to every other characters in the story. Every. Other. Character. Say he would go evenly with one character for an arc, then come the next, he'd completely blow them away. And, typical for the genre, he is able to frog-leap above his level and fight people who are on a higher rank than him. Maybe he won't crush the main powerhouses immediately, it will involve at least five hundred chapters to reach that point, but he's basically in a rocketship to success.

I also quite like MC's hacks, primarily his bloodline. Kidan already said it, but I'm gonna explain it in detail. There are three main races so far: Humans, Demons, and Beast. Way back, something major happened that robbed these races of their most important thing that would greatly limited their potential. Human - Heart, Demon - Blood, and Beast - Spirit/Essence. Through his various adventures and because of the Yin-Yang Lock, MC would gain the bloodlines of both the Ancient Beast and the Ancient Demons, as well as discover a way to recultivate the Heart of the Ancient Humans, which is essentially just adding special holes in his heart (think 比干 from 封神演義). Not only does this allow him to have the unique traits of all three races (demon-super body, beast-op abilities, human-unshakeable tao), this also massively increases his cultivation speed. At least, that's the way I see it. MC has a lot of other hacks, like a tower full of skills or Yin-Yang Lock itself, but I think his bloodline is the best.

Oh, and remember when I said power in "shortest time possible"? MC has a personal space that's kinda like a world for himself, but this MC is on a timeline here and doesn't have the time to plant shit and wait a couple 10,000 years for it to flower. So screw agriculture, every time he finds some rare herb or fruit, it's straight into his tummy it goes. As a reader of many story where the protagonist would have a secret space, this should bother me, but it doesn't. It's kinda refreshing to see how blunt he is.

To close this post off... You guys were not kidding when you say he has a huge harem. At where I am, he literally buy (and only buy, no sell) women by the dozen to add to his harem. Though he at least has some standards now on who to take and how to take them. Then again, he has a new op treasure that would allow his harem's respective cultivation booster the speed of his own, so maybe the standards could... slip. Anyhow, there's no NTR or whatever before the 900s. Beyond it? I've been told it will never happen with this author so we may be safe.

And no, I will not name all the love interest, but the main ones are Zhi He, Xu Qiuling, and Mu Wei Liang. There are a lot of others who are close to him, but these two are probably ranked number 1, 2, and 3 at the moment. This may change because apparently being a god damn butterfly for a bizillion reincarnations can score you a ton of powerful chicks in high places.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • I think that might be the first time I've seen a near/perfect English spoiler to that degree.... thank you for that :O
  • Can someone that has an account on NUF post for someone to pick up the novel? It's been three months I think.