Sorting

I suggest that we change it from Wuxia and Xianxia to CDT(Completed, Dropped, Teaser) and Active

Comments

• NyxNyx
    edited August 2016
    I think that categorizing them like that is irrelevant for the wiki.  The front page of the site is entirely designed around this format already and it would seem redundant to copy it.  If anything I think that the Wuxia and Xianxia indices should not be the primary novel index and instead there should be more direct access to the novel pages.  Right now it seems organized but in practice it feels convoluted when you just want to check something before you continue reading a chapter.

[Edit] indexes -> indices
  • So just a Novels link, with sorted novels inside?
  • I personally would think that a straight forward approach would be best for the landing page.  Any categorization by a novel's status, as well as the translator pages are all pretty redundant.  The Wuxiaworld main page is all about releases and the translators, drumming up interest and keeping pace.  The wiki is meant to be a library, there is no reason for it to be tracking release activity, even if indirectly through the suggested categorization above.

A list of Wuxia and Xianxia novels right on the landing page when you visit the wiki would be nice, with other links above or below.  Like above the two lists you could have something like "Do you know the difference between [[Wuxia]] and [[Xianxia]]?" which would allow for each to be expanded into it's own page with history, popular authors, etc.  It would keep it out of the way while allowing fairly direct access to any novel's wiki page.

I also think there should be a more direct route back to the Wuxiaworld main page, but that is probably something that needs to go in the left side navigation.  It would actually be pretty cool if it remembered what page you were on when you entered the wiki so it could return you to that when you clicked out, so you wouldn't necessarily need a new tab and instead you could click through to the wiki while reading a chapter and then be returned to the same chapter when you opt to leave the wiki.  That is beyond our scope though and falls under Prayers to Higher Realms stuff, I just thought it was worth mentioning with the rest of it since I'm talking about navigation and flow.