Ze Tian Ji (Way of Choices)

Comments

• MOREEE!! FFS
  • when do divine queen know mc is her son?
  • I just want to let people know that there are machine translated chapters available there http://lnmtl.com/novel/way-of-choices
    As for me I am still where I got stuck back in august and I don't have time to catch up so I hope some people will be able to provide some spoilers/summaries.
  • Iam being tempted to read the MTL; I really like this but the update is too slow (sorry for ranting dear translators). Btw does CCS beat XYR in the grand exam? From the spoilers I read she fell in love CCS? Can someone explain how?
  • edited January 2016
    loneboi said:

Iam being tempted to read the MTL; I really like this but the update is too slow (sorry for ranting dear translators). Btw does CCS beat XYR in the grand exam? From the spoilers I read she fell in love CCS? Can someone explain how?

from what i read from the spoiler thread yes he defeat XYR but just barely win, 

so this is what happen when they meet When they met in Zhou Park(?) but didn't recognize each other. They started to interested in each other after some events and confessed their marriage vows. They talked about their fiances and it was something along this lines(i am writing from memory)
    CCS: "My fiancee is probably looking down on me. Also she don't want to marry me but still want to keep vow for using me"
    Xu You Rong: "How can she look down on someone like you? She doesn't deserve you. You should break up with her"
    CCS: "I was hestitating but now i am sure i want to break up with her"(while looking her eyes like a lovestruck boy, and she too guessed his intention)
    Xu You Rong: "...Actually i too have a marriage vow"
    CCS: "...Is that so"(with a sad expression)
    Xu You Rong: "But i don't want to marry him. Also he is not a decent guy. He... has affairs with other girls and even little girls(lol Luo Luo)"
    CCS: "What a scum!... Maybe it is not my place to say this but you shouldn't marry with this guy"
  • if that truly happened then this is too funny lol
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • 1) Does anyone know the deal with the black goat? 
    2) How is Mo Yu's relationship with the MC and what happens to her after the divine empress gets killed/dies?
    3) What does the Mc and Xu You Rong do afer the divine empress dies? Do they get closer? Also curious about Xu You Rong's family after that incident.
  • when the MC is really strong? 'm already in Chapter 95 and he is still very weak
  • carcle said:

when the MC is really strong? 'm already in Chapter 95 and he is still very weak

He gets powerful later on in the story, the top. 
    loneboi said:

Iam being tempted to read the MTL; I really like this but the update is too slow (sorry for ranting dear translators). Btw does CCS beat XYR in the grand exam? From the spoilers I read she fell in love CCS? Can someone explain how?

I'm not sure about grand exam, but they did fight each other sometime later in the story, and they both wanted to break up because they thought they each loved someone else, but in reality were in love with each other, mistaken identity thing. But they ended up fighting and CCS "won" but in reality it was more like a tie.
  • carcle said:

when the MC is really strong? 'm already in Chapter 95 and he is still very weak

he get strong on chapter 123  he bathed with dragon blood and he fainted on the process, as soon as he wakes up he graduated several realm
  • Nabcake said:

1) Does anyone know the deal with the black goat? 
    2) How is Mo Yu's relationship with the MC and what happens to her after the divine empress gets killed/dies?

3) What does the Mc and Xu You Rong do afer the divine empress dies? Do they get closer? Also curious about Xu You Rong's family after that incident.
    1) nothing much he is just the queen pet, during times when she was at teen cultivating she was locked on some place(which i forgot) the goat delivered food from somewhere(basically fruits and stuff) 
    2) she have blind-cursh(one sided) on mc, not yet reached there yet i mean havent read till that part yet, i read spoiler thread till chapter 640+ something they havent caught up to date

• edited January 2016
    The previous translator of ZTJ is slow then the one who picks it up is also slow in updating. Damn
  • The previous translator of ZTJ is slow then the one who picks it up is also slow in updating. Damn

Im not sure if im of any help but shiroyukineko is translating and is currently at 118 im not sure if its fast anot but yea

LINK: http://shiroyukitranslations.com
  • i don't understand ppl don't try go all out translating this CN, it's awesome, but the translator are slow as fuck, i don't like to complain much about the speed since it's a hobby or because they have huge hearts , but it's sooo slow that it kinda annoy the hell out of me...
  • Nameless said:

The previous translator of ZTJ is slow then the one who picks it up is also slow in updating. Damn

Im not sure if im of any help but shiroyukineko is translating and is currently at 118 im not sure if its fast anot but yea

More than a month and only 13 chapters? Way too slow man
  • Nameless said:

More than a month and only 13 chapters? Way too slow man

Well her schedule is rather big..
    Huh I guess its hard to find a tranlator just focusing on ZTJ..
  • Shiro welcomes people to take some of them off her hands so far noone has volunteered.....
  • Aww CCS and XYR are fated to be enemies? That's really sad, I hope they find a way to be together...
    1. Shiro is not the translator for ZTJ, I am.
    2. Shiro's website is hosting the translations which moved from https://zetianjitranslation.wordpress.com/ and I have been the one translating from 105 till now.
    3. I was hospitalised for a week just before Christmas and naturally couldn't release anything for awhile.
    4. I made announcement posts to inform people of the move AND the hospitalisation.
    5. Read the bloody announcement posts made by translators.
  • edited January 2016
    bbkgs said:

2. Shiro's website is hosting the translations which moved from https://zetianjitranslation.wordpress.com/ and I have been the one translating from 105 till now.
    3. I was hospitalised for a week just before Christmas and naturally couldn't release anything for awhile.
    4. I made announcement posts to inform people of the move AND the hospitalisation.
    Thanks for you hard work! : )
    Sorry to hear about the hospitalisation. :\
  • Nameless said:

i think that translator neither fast nor slow because ithink he just 
    bbkgs said:

Bless you stay healthy ty for all your hard work
  • But its true,, only bbkgs willing to take this novel on, even he only promised to rush it out up to CCS can cultivate, after that its only 1 chapter a week (please correct me if im wrong, its been quite sometime since i read the introductory when he took the project)
  • Anti said:

I just want to let people know that there are machine translated chapters available there http://lnmtl.com/novel/way-of-choices
    As for me I am still where I got stuck back in august and I don't have time to catch up so I hope some people will be able to provide some spoilers/summaries.

And by the way, that MTL is really messing my brain LOL (no offense)
  • All translators who pick up ztj is indeed slow. Wish that Ren pick up this novel instead of DE. Tried the mtl version but it's hardly understandable. Man, if only I knew chinese.
  • edited January 2016
    Wow - there is a lot of misinformation in this thread. I've only read up to about chapter300ish but some of the things being written here are just totally wrong.

In regards to CCS's illness and his cultivation - The dragon doesn't cure his illness. If it did he would have no need to become number 1 in the Great Competition, which we know he is trying to win 1st Place so he can gain entry to the Mausoleum of Books and acquire the magic technique his master says is hidden there that can change a persons Fate or Destiny. He needs this because his Master used astrology to determine his Fate and found out CCS is fated to die at age 20. So the broken meridians is more a symptom of his problem (fated to die) rather than the cause of the problem. The only other method his master knows of to change his Fate is for CCS to cultivate to Deity level (might get translated as something else but essentially I think it's the same level or one higher than the level the Divine Queen and Pope are at) which is impossible by the time he ages to 20 even if he hadn't had the problems with his cultivation.

This is a very important hint about the intrigues going on - If his master can see someones future enough to know when they die and knows of magic techniques that can manipulate Destiny, it stands to reason other power players can do the same - which calls pretty much every event that has happened in the story so far into question. 

Once I realised this, along with thinking about the mysterious Black Cloak helping the demons I started suspecting all the characters of treachery. A lot of the old people in this story are all fairly evil and self serving. 
    Aloo said:

Who are the MC's master and senior? Tell me please

kidan1310 said:

Wait is Pope brother evil why did he kill her and who is evil divine queen or Pope?

Ok - I'm not sure the MC's master is actually the Pope's blood brother - more likely only martial bros instead. Taoist Ji was the headmaster of the Orthodox Academy, which is why CCS already knew everything recorded in the books there on cultivation.

To understand this you have to understand a lot of what happened when the DQ took over. I might have some of this slightly out of sequence due to the way the author only releases little snippets at a time, but I think it's fairly close. As I said above I've only read 300 of the 700 odd chapters currently published.

Basically the previous Emperor was sickly and useless as an administrator. I'm not sure if it has been directly stated but it's pretty clear the DQ was one of the Emperor's concubines and had several sons (and one daughter - the current Princess) with the Emperor. Then at some point she was exiled to the Herb Garden (pretty clearly at the behest of the Empress). The previous Empress and others of the Chen's were using a magic ritual involving human sacrifice to preserve the life of the Emperor (by stealing their Fate/Luck and giving it to him), with the DQ out of the way, she took the opportunity to sacrifice all of the DQ's sons for the ritual. So just saying, the Chen's got everything they deserved when she massacred them, I don't think the Emperor knew what they were doing though but that's unclear.

Her sons weren't the only people murdered by the Chens for this ritual, from what I can tell they needed people with strong magic potential (remember magic comes from the Stars and they read the Future in the Stars too) so they were murdering potentially powerful people to maintain the life of someone useless to the war effort just because it helped their family preserve their power. Their family had been using this ritual for generations btw.

When the DQ's exile finished and she found out all her sons had been murdered, the DQ went to the Pope and convinced him that the Royal Family were not only scum but actively reducing humanities potential to fight the demons, so they both agreed to work together to overthrow the Chen family and put her into power. The Pope is also worried that the Headmaster of the Orthodox Academy is in actual fact the Black Cloaked strategist of the Demon Race.

She takes the time to use her relationship with the Emperor (as she is still his favourite) to take over the administration of the Empire and set up law courts that only answer to her. Then once she has taken control of the institutions of the country, she and the Pope attack the palace. When the headmaster of the Orthodox Academy finds out they are assaulting the Palace, he gathers up all the supporters of the Chens and leads them against the Pope and DQ's army. The Pope (thinking he is Black Cloak) fights him eventually winning, the Pope thinks he has killed Taoist Ji but he has only seriously wounded him. The Pope tells the DQ he has killed Black Cloak.

Taoist Ji escapes to the Palace thinking to rescue the Emperor but the Emperor instead gives Taoist Ji one of his sons - CCS, who is extremely sickly (I'm not sure if CCS is the Empress' son or the DQ's - but given the magic ritual being used, it's fairly likely that the reason CCS was sick was due to having all his Fate/Luck stolen by the Empress - so my guess is he's the DQ's son). The Emperor then channels all of his Fate/Luck into CCS raising CCS' life expectancy from one or two years to twenty but effectively killing himself.

Taoist Ji swears to do all in his power to bring CCS to power and escapes through a secret exit from the besieged Palace with baby in tow and starts his plotting against the DQ. Shortly afterwards the Pope and DQ discover incontrovertible evidence that Taoist Ji could not be Black Cloak and that they had screwed up. Both the DQ and Pope know Taoist Ji's name, so when CCS comes into the capital and tells people his master is Taoist Ji that is basically a giant slap to both of their faces, the DQ suddenly finds out that the Pope didn't tell her the truth about killing him (he says it was a mistake) and now can't trust him and is wondering if CCS is being used by Taoist Ji or the Pope to overthrow her, which is why she is so paranoid about CCS.

So in short - not many of the old people in this story come out smelling like roses. Not sure which group you could really call good or evil, a lot of evil is done in the name of the war effort by pretty much everyone.
  • Xandarth said:

Wow - there is a lot of misinformation in this thread. I've only read up to about chapter300ish but some of the things being written here are just totally wrong.

In regards to CCS's illness and his cultivation - The dragon doesn't cure his illness. If it did he would have no need to become number 1 in the Great Competition, which we know he is trying to win 1st Place so he can gain entry to the Mausoleum of Books and acquire the magic technique his master says is hidden there that can change a persons Fate or Destiny. He needs this because his Master used astrology to determine his Fate and found out CCS is fated to die at age 20. So the broken meridians is more a symptom of his problem (fated to die) rather than the cause of the problem. The only other method his master knows of to change his Fate is for CCS to cultivate to Deity level (might get translated as something else but essentially I think it's the same level or one higher than the level the Divine Queen and Pope are at) which is impossible by the time he ages to 20 even if he hadn't had the problems with his cultivation.

This is a very important hint about the intrigues going on - If his master can see someones future enough to know when they die and knows of magic techniques that can manipulate Destiny, it stands to reason other power players can do the same - which calls pretty much every event that has happened in the story so far into question. 

Once I realised this, along with thinking about the mysterious Black Cloak helping the demons I started suspecting all the characters of treachery. A lot of the old people in this story are all fairly evil and self serving. 
    Aloo said:

Who are the MC's master and senior? Tell me please

kidan1310 said:

Wait is Pope brother evil why did he kill her and who is evil divine queen or Pope?

Ok - I'm not sure the MC's master is actually the Pope's blood brother - more likely only martial bros instead. Taoist Ji was the headmaster of the Orthodox Academy, which is why CCS already knew everything recorded in the books there on cultivation.

To understand this you have to understand a lot of what happened when the DQ took over. I might have some of this slightly out of sequence due to the way the author only releases little snippets at a time, but I think it's fairly close. As I said above I've only read 300 of the 700 odd chapters currently published.

Basically the previous Emperor was sickly and useless as an administrator. I'm not sure if it has been directly stated but it's pretty clear the DQ was one of the Emperor's concubines and had several sons (and one daughter - the current Princess) with the Emperor. Then at some point she was exiled to the Herb Garden (pretty clearly at the behest of the Empress). The previous Empress and others of the Chen's were using a magic ritual involving human sacrifice to preserve the life of the Emperor (by stealing their Fate/Luck and giving it to him), with the DQ out of the way, she took the opportunity to sacrifice all of the DQ's sons for the ritual. So just saying, the Chen's got everything they deserved when she massacred them, I don't think the Emperor knew what they were doing though but that's unclear.

Her sons weren't the only people murdered by the Chens for this ritual, from what I can tell they needed people with strong magic potential (remember magic comes from the Stars and they read the Future in the Stars too) so they were murdering potentially powerful people to maintain the life of someone useless to the war effort just because it helped their family preserve their power. Their family had been using this ritual for generations btw.

When the DQ's exile finished and she found out all her sons had been murdered, the DQ went to the Pope and convinced him that the Royal Family were not only scum but actively reducing humanities potential to fight the demons, so they both agreed to work together to overthrow the Chen family and put her into power. The Pope is also worried that the Headmaster of the Orthodox Academy is in actual fact the Black Cloaked strategist of the Demon Race.

She takes the time to use her relationship with the Emperor (as she is still his favourite) to take over the administration of the Empire and set up law courts that only answer to her. Then once she has taken control of the institutions of the country, she and the Pope attack the palace. When the headmaster of the Orthodox Academy finds out they are assaulting the Palace, he gathers up all the supporters of the Chens and leads them against the Pope and DQ's army. The Pope (thinking he is Black Cloak) fights him eventually winning, the Pope thinks he has killed Taoist Ji but he has only seriously wounded him. The Pope tells the DQ he has killed Black Cloak.

Taoist Ji escapes to the Palace thinking to rescue the Emperor but the Emperor instead gives Taoist Ji one of his sons - CCS, who is extremely sickly (I'm not sure if CCS is the Empress' son or the DQ's - but given the magic ritual being used, it's fairly likely that the reason CCS was sick was due to having all his Fate/Luck stolen by the Empress - so my guess is he's the DQ's son). The Emperor then channels all of his Fate/Luck into CCS raising CCS' life expectancy from one or two years to twenty but effectively killing himself.

Taoist Ji swears to do all in his power to bring CCS to power and escapes through a secret exit from the besieged Palace with baby in tow and starts his plotting against the DQ. Shortly afterwards the Pope and DQ discover incontrovertible evidence that Taoist Ji could not be Black Cloak and that they had screwed up. Both the DQ and Pope know Taoist Ji's name, so when CCS comes into the capital and tells people his master is Taoist Ji that is basically a giant slap to both of their faces, the DQ suddenly finds out that the Pope didn't tell her the truth about killing him (he says it was a mistake) and now can't trust him and is wondering if CCS is being used by Taoist Ji or the Pope to overthrow her, which is why she is so paranoid about CCS.

So in short - not many of the old people in this story come out smelling like roses. Not sure which group you could really call good or evil, a lot of evil is done in the name of the war effort by pretty much everyone.
    Will she know that he's her son or at least one of sacrificed babies?! what will her reaction be?!
  • Then who is the black cloak who is helping demon and what is his history?
  • hey i mean at least he wont be so sad when he finds out that hes her son
  • Ok - I'm not sure he is her son. I'm gonna try and finish the raws this weekend and then I'll answer that. Even then with MTL I might make some mistakes. ;)

He could be the DQ's son or the Empresses son or even just some other Chen such as the Emperor's grandson. I'm assuming his condition is because he was a victim of the human sacrifice ritual but it's just as possible that he may have the same condition as the Emperor. That might also be a side-effect of the ritual though. Maybe stealing people's Fate constantly weakens the offspring of people who use the ritual. The Chen family had been using the ritual for generations after all and there are bound to be side effects.
  • CCS is not the DQ's son, I dont think its revealed whose son he is. CCS's senior brother is DQ's son.