Is there any connection between Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformations?

Is there any connection between Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformations? Because I read in novel updates that Coiling Dragon is supposed to be Stellar Transformations' prequel. I just recently starting to read Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformations simultaneously, and I cannot find any connection. Heck, even the power ranking is different.

Comments

• Just finish reading CD first and you will know it.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• edited July 2016
    I would say pause reading ST and finish CD first, because later on in the story a lot of things will make a lot more sense. There is a reason that the power rankings are different as well, which is explained later in the story.
  • I personally think it makes no difference which one you decide to read and finish first. While there is a connection, it doesn't become revealed until the ends of both stories. And it honestly has no relevance to the stories, meaning knowledge of it will play no role. Reading CD, which is the prequel, first will not make it easier to understand ST in any way. Ok, maybe a little, but it's not important and won't degrade the story if you didn't read it first. But I don't recommend reading multiple novels simultaneously, especially when they are both completely translated. Just stick with one(anyone) and do the other afterwards. 
  • While it has no affect to the stories, I personally had a lot more satisfaction regarding the sculptures inside the Exalted Celestial Mountain, the first time Qin Yu meeting Linley was super hyped for me and the overall structure in the creation of the cosmos was a lot more understanding for me because of what Hong Meng explained.

So while I agree that it doesn't affect the story, I disagree that it makes no difference in what to read first. Because while the most important bits is at the end of the story, the overall creation of the cosmos takes a long time, and I found it waaaaaaaaaay more satisfying reading through the creation purelly because I had beforehand knowledge from CD.
  • Okay, so, CD first then ST. What's after ST?
  • Nothing, CD and ST is a duology. After that you can read anything you want.
  • after ST comes Desolate Era or  the newest work of the author

Because 1st-Eldest Brother,2nd-Linley,3rd-Qin Yu,4th-Should be Ji Ning
  • Desolate Era is completely unrelated to CD and ST, which has been stated multiple times on this forum.
  • Desolate Era is completely unrelated to CD and ST, which has been stated multiple times on this forum.
    iirc didnt RWX say that Linley appears in DE?
  • No he doesn't. Two totally and completely unrelated novels!.
  • I've read all the books in CD, ST and DE alike, no, he does not appear in DE, he only appears in ST.
  • Isn't stellar transformation about Linley's world?
  • Seackz said:
    Isn't stellar transformation about Linley's world?
    yes
  • coiling dragon takes place in one of the four minor hongmeng cosmos stellar transformation takes place in the main linmeng cosmos the natural laws in a minor and main cosmos are completely different as such so are the cultivation methods so it doesn't matter what order you read them in i read both in order by coincidence and didn't realise stellar transformation was a sequel until a day after i finished reading the connection between the 2 isn't obvious if you aren't looking for it both stories are good by themselves 
  • Apparently there are some reference in ST when the main characters reached the gods' realm - something about sculptures and such... all very subtle and probably could just be ignored (I read ST before CD so didn't really catch the reference). The only thing that really matters is as RobtheHungry said.
  • I still think DE is related to CD and ST in some way. C'mon, can't wait until DE is completely finished so I can see if there is some mind blowing ending. :3
  • Plus DE's universe is actually imploding in on itself. And he's gone to a MASSIVE multi-verse so I wonder if he traveled to a more stable universe. And there are multiple multi-verse wars/travelers in DE.
  • edited September 28
    Plus DE's universe is actually imploding in on itself. And he's gone to a MASSIVE multi-verse so I wonder if he traveled to a more stable universe. And there are multiple multi-verse wars/travelers in DE.
    the raws are done for DE are completed and it is comfirmed that DE isn't connected to ST and CD
  • Yeah they are not connected. IET's novel connections are CD-ST, Swallowed Star-Lord Xue Ying.
  • Welp regardless, I can still feel the inspiration from coiling dragon in DE. :3 Even though DE isn't related to CD or ST, I'm expecting something totaly left field for the ending. Cause, my god. I was NOT expected THAT ending in CD. :3
  • You're gonna be disappointed. :P It's a pretty basic ending.