Xun Er

Someone dish out the information about her please. 
Like about her clan, if she is ever forced apart from our MC for some reason. 
Why she was at his clan in the first place etc ^^.  

Comments

• Eight Clans/Families: Ancient(Gu), Spirit, Flame, Medicine(Yao), Stone, Shaman(?), Thunder and Xiao

These eight clans once originated from Dou God/Di(I prefer to use God instead of the repeated Emperor), so they all had the blood of Dou Di. Through the years, this blood gets diluted and the weaker the blood, they believed it to be less probable to reach Dou God/Di to renew the power of the blood again. Xun Er belonged to the Ancient/Gu Clan and possesses the purest blood, so she is expected to reach 9 Star Dou Saint/Shen or even Dou God/Di, so the clan takes her away eventually to allow her blood to fully awaken. 

Xiao Clan's leader back then, Xiao Xuan instead chooses to use his entire clan's power of the blood in an attempt to breakthrough to Dou God/Di but failed, resulting in the fall of Xiao Clan as the power of the blood allows one to advance all the way till Dou Venerate/Zhun with ease depending on how pure the blood is.

As for why she is at the fallen Xiao Clan, the most recent Dou God/Di had a piece of jade that was rumoured to show the path on how to breakthrough the Dou Saint level to Dou God, so the eight clans clashed over it and each had a piece in the end, including the Xiao Clan, so Xun Er was reluctantly sent to their place in order to know the location of the jade piece.
  • If i might ask?! Why do the Xiao clan only have trashy skills while they are of great lineage with great strength etc...?!
  • Chosen said:

If i might ask?! Why do the Xiao clan only have trashy skills while they are of great lineage with great strength etc...?!

Xiao Clan's leader back then, Xiao Xuan instead chooses to use his entire clan's power of the blood in an attempt to breakthrough to Dou God/Di but failed, resulting in the fall of Xiao Clan as the power of the blood allows one to advance all the way till Dou Venerate/Zhun with ease depending on how pure the blood is.

The first part of the sentence describes the reason behind their trashy skills despite great lineage.
  • Lazergen said:

Chosen said:

If i might ask?! Why do the Xiao clan only have trashy skills while they are of great lineage with great strength etc...?!

The first part of the sentence describes the reason behind their trashy skills despite great lineage.
    Aha, thanks for the answer :)
  • So will Xun Er back stab him for her clan?

Someone spoiler me the exact things that happen between Xiao Yan and Xun Er and her Clan.
  • NoobElite said:

So will Xun Er back stab him for her clan?

Someone spoiler me the exact things that happen between Xiao Yan and Xun Er and her Clan.
    Unlikely, she's totally devoted to him. I get the impression that if it ever come down to him or her clan she'd choose him. The recent chapters of the manga have hinted at that, and the novel even more so. She practically killed one guy just for talking badly about Xiao, and lets not forget she did try (and thought she succeeded) in killing the alchemist.
  • Xiao Yan arrived at the Gu/Ancient Clan's awakening ceremony as a representative of the Ruined Star Pavilion(where Yao Lao is the master). At there, he defeated one of the strongest of the Gu Clan's youth who wanted Xun Er for himself (he was grade 8 Dou God blood, another had grade 9 while Xun Er had grade 10), convincing everyone present that he had the capability to be worthy of her, including her father's approval although he wasn't strongly opposed to them from the start.

The Xiao Clan and the Gu Clan are on friendly terms way back then so there was an ancient promise for the Gu Clan to look after the fallen Xiao Clan but many within the Gu Clan do not agree with it as it was made many years ago and the Xiao Clan can be considered a burden, with its worth lying in the jade piece that each clan has.
  • If xun er grade is 10 then does it say Xiao yan grade? Because his talent surpass xun er's right?
  • Ma_Chao said:

If xun er grade is 10 then does it say Xiao yan grade? Because his talent surpass xun er's right?

No, it was a test for the grade of Dou Di's blood within the Gu/Ancient Clan, so Xiao Yan wasn't involved. However, they had a rule which the person can request a duel against anyone, hence the grade 8 dude took it against Xiao Yan bnut got defeated still.

Even if Xiao Yan were to be tested, his grade wouldn't be good, but his hard work surpasses the talent in Dou Di's blood in others. Keep in mind that Dou Di's blood only provided progression benefits till Dou Zhun/Venerate, with grade 9/10 ensuring Dou Sheng/Saint.

Also, when Xiao Yan and Xun Er finally arrived at Xiao Xuan's grave and met him, he gave Xiao Yan the remainder of Xiao Clan's Dou Di blood.
  • DtAndroid said:

Ma_Chao said:

If xun er grade is 10 then does it say Xiao yan grade? Because his talent surpass xun er's right?

No, it was a test for the grade of Dou Di's blood within the Gu/Ancient Clan, so Xiao Yan wasn't involved. However, they had a rule which the person can request a duel against anyone, hence the grade 8 dude took it against Xiao Yan bnut got defeated still.

Even if Xiao Yan were to be tested, his grade wouldn't be good, but his hard work surpasses the talent in Dou Di's blood in others. Keep in mind that Dou Di's blood only provided progression benefits till Dou Zhun/Venerate, with grade 9/10 ensuring Dou Sheng/Saint.

Also, when Xiao Yan and Xun Er finally arrived at Xiao Xuan's grave and met him, he gave Xiao Yan the remainder of Xiao Clan's Dou Di blood.

Then what happens in the manhua when they choose an ability in jian nan academy is not part of the web novel?
  • Ma_Chao said:
    That's roughly c431. 

The Eight Clans don't appear until c1300-ish.
  • edited August 2015

since Xun Er can sence everything about Xian Yan why doesn't she donate a small about of her heavenly fire to raise his Qi Method and help in alchemy?

• since Xun Er can sense everything about Xian Yan why doesn't she donate a small amout of her heavenly fire to raise his Qi Method and help in alchemy?

• edited August 2015
    according to the spoilers she has a heavenly flame, Did she ever try and give Xian Yan some of her blood to accelerate his Qi level recovery / retraining?
  • according to the spoilers she has a heavenly flame, Did she ever try and give Xian Yan some of her blood to accelerate his Qi level recovery / retraining?

She did when Xiao Yan also received the remainder of the Xiao Clan's Dou Di blood, fusing the two bloods plus the Ancient Dragon Phoenix blood given to him, but she couldn't give too much or else the purity level of her blood would have dropped and been detected by those from her Clan
  • edited November 2015
    I was wondering at what age and which chapter do Xun Er and Xiao Yan finally get together, according to what i understand so far she is taken away by her clan so that her blood can be allowed to develop and such. 

Is the final arc Xiao fighting for Xun Er's hand among the Gu Clan?
  • No. There is a gathering of all the talents from ancient clans and by then MC is quite powerful even when compared to his peers from ancient clan.Since then, Gu clan helps MC repeatedly and they are his main allies when fighting villian of the story - strongest of 8 ancient clans Soul Clan whose patriarch becomes  the only  Dou Di 1000 years.
  • Quick Question: Why does Xun Er care so much about Xiao Yan ? Why is she so devoted to him? I am really confused on that. Can someone please explain it. Thanks :)
  • Quick Question: Why does Xun Er care so much about Xiao Yan ? Why is she so devoted to him? I am really confused on that. Can someone please explain it. Thanks :)
    mainly has to do with the fact that he did some things for her when they were little but most of it of course plot
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:
    Quick Question: Why does Xun Er care so much about Xiao Yan ? Why is she so devoted to him? I am really confused on that. Can someone please explain it. Thanks :)
    mainly has to do with the fact that he did some things for her when they were little but most of it of course plot
    Do you know what he did for her ? I really want to know. Thanks :) 
  • edited April 2016
    aashish said:
    Quick Question: Why does Xun Er care so much about Xiao Yan ? Why is she so devoted to him? I am really confused on that. Can someone please explain it. Thanks
    Do you know what he did for her ? I really want to know. Thanks  
    I remember reading in the early part of the novel that Xiao Yan repeatedly sneaked into Xun Er's room while she's asleep back when they were young and used some techniques that's said to help increase talent/progression/whatever. This is mentioned multiple times IIRC and although the technique hardly did anything (or did it? I forgot), Xun Er deeply appreciates his good will and since then she sticks to him like glue.

Also, this is from the manhwa so I dunno if it's something added by the manhwa artist or it's really in the novel, but anyway, Xiao Yan protected her since they were kids
    http://a.mhcdn.net/store/manga/14764/107.0/compressed/h020.jpg?v=1438573333
    http://a.mhcdn.net/store/manga/14764/107.0/compressed/h021.jpg?v=1438573333

These childhood memories apparently leaves a deep impression in Xun Er ever since she was little and Xiao Yan basically already captured her heart back then.
  • Another possible reason is that she has seen how hardworking Xiao Yan is, and she's a witness (sort of) of his rise to prominence despite not having the huge advantage of a bloodline.

I said "sort of" because she could not personally be with Xiao Yan for a long time.  I think more than half of the time, she was away and can only support him from afar and listen to reports from her subordinate regarding his progression through the path of cultivation.  Well, she also gave him some super techniques.  She also has given some assistance to his brothers.

Anyway, I believe she is touched by how Xiao Yan went through a lot of life-or-death situations to improve himself and rise above others (compared to how her peers were very obnoxious and privileged just because of having the bloodlines).  It is quite funny though that everything started from when little Yan sneaked into her room when they were still kids to "help" her improve.
  • Does he ever take revenge on the other Clans cause they just let Xiao clan rot?
    Gu in special regard?
    And how can the others even be strong with the blood bullshit.
    I mean well our little MC kinda slaughtered his way trough one deadly situation after another and ripped his ass open doing so. 
    The asshole clans use their blood to break trough. How does the novel even explain them being strong?
    They should mostly be filled with arrogant trash shouldn't they? 
    And how does Xun Er even train?
    Is it ever mentioned if she does anything special?
  • Coruscan said:
    aashish said:
    Quick Question: Why does Xun Er care so much about Xiao Yan ? Why is she so devoted to him? I am really confused on that. Can someone please explain it. Thanks
    Do you know what he did for her ? I really want to know. Thanks  
    I remember reading in the early part of the novel that Xiao Yan repeatedly sneaked into Xun Er's room while she's asleep back when they were young and used some techniques that's said to help increase talent/progression/whatever. This is mentioned multiple times IIRC and although the technique hardly did anything (or did it? I forgot), Xun Er deeply appreciates his good will and since then she sticks to him like glue.

Also, this is from the manhwa so I dunno if it's something added by the manhwa artist or it's really in the novel, but anyway, Xiao Yan protected her since they were kids
    http://a.mhcdn.net/store/manga/14764/107.0/compressed/h020.jpg?v=1438573333
    http://a.mhcdn.net/store/manga/14764/107.0/compressed/h021.jpg?v=1438573333

These childhood memories apparently leaves a deep impression in Xun Er ever since she was little and Xiao Yan basically already captured her heart back then.
    Yeah thanks for the answer 
  • lilygel said:
    Another possible reason is that she has seen how hardworking Xiao Yan is, and she's a witness (sort of) of his rise to prominence despite not having the huge advantage of a bloodline.

I said "sort of" because she could not personally be with Xiao Yan for a long time.  I think more than half of the time, she was away and can only support him from afar and listen to reports from her subordinate regarding his progression through the path of cultivation.  Well, she also gave him some super techniques.  She also has given some assistance to his brothers.

Anyway, I believe she is touched by how Xiao Yan went through a lot of life-or-death situations to improve himself and rise above others (compared to how her peers were very obnoxious and privileged just because of having the bloodlines).  It is quite funny though that everything started from when little Yan sneaked into her room when they were still kids to "help" her improve.
    True all started when they were little kids thanks for the answer 
  • XIao Yan used to sneak in her room  when she was sleeping and used to channel his inner ki into her[IYKWIM] to expand her meridians.
    for whole 2 years b4 he turned to thrash
    Channeling your ki into someone is something less intimate only then Sex, since you pry into someones Body, so she developed feelings. [ Lil pervert]

As for why she was sent in xiao clan,
    1) To find about jade
    2) Her father wanted her to enjoy a normal life while she could, since her teenage/adult would be hell of training for her

As for blood shit, Dou Di is Demi god/God tier of existence which makes your bloodline stronger, helping your posterity.
    Xiao Yan when achieved Dou Di, lead to his daughter going from Dou zun/Dong straight to 8 star Dou Sheng [ same as Head of clans of Yan and Lei ancient clans]
    Its like mytho, if you are a god, your future gens would have amplified power too.

• Does the jade you guys are taking about have anything to do with the jade Xian Yan was given by the Elders or his clan to check to we'll being if his father??
  • Yes its the same item.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Near the end Xiao Yan and Xun Er get trapped after they locate an essence flame. To prevent her death (being burnt alive is a hard way to go) he fuses his flames with her's (quick since it was already tamed by her) and then fuses the new flame with the wild flame and they both absorb it since it had a link to her due to being fused with her flame. Of course that last part takes about a year and just like with the fallen heart flame it sends them into a stupor and burns off all their clothes. 

When they wake up Xiao Yan looks over, leers at her and says something along the lines of 'My wife is very attractive.' to which she blushes and the scene IMMEDIATELY changes to outside where some minor shit is going down with a soul palace outpost.

A few chapters later they meet up with Xun Er's clan, lead by her father, who are cooperating with Xiao Yan's alliance to deal with the soul clan. When they arrive her father looks over at them, stares for a few seconds and grumbles about the damn kids who are trying to make him into a grandfather ahead of time.

Xiao Yan can only put on a poker face.