Conspiracy about Mad Snail

Comments

• Salante said:
    Dropping TDG and continuing another story under another allias will be the one of the most idiotic things he will do in his life. TDG and his old allias have established fanbase. TDG has manga going on and has promising arc's. I accept he may reached the writers block for this story but it doesn't make his actions more understandable/explainable.
    Indeed. I have no idea how popular his light novel is in China, but it's very appreciated by us. There are not many LN as good as this one.
  • Salante said:
    Dropping TDG and continuing another story under another allias will be the one of the most idiotic things he will do in his life. TDG and his old allias have established fanbase. TDG has manga going on and has promising arc's. I accept he may reached the writers block for this story but it doesn't make his actions more understandable/explainable.
    Indeed. I have no idea how popular his light novel is in China, but it's very appreciated by us. There are not many LN as good as this one.
    Well if you discount all the repetitive narration and "word count" chapters then yes; it's a very good Lnovel. It's getting to the point where , as with seemingly many, I skim through chapters for the meat. If this guy has gotten this far play acting then I guess he knows how to work the system and is doing well enough to continue. People may complain but I bet most still go back and read his works in China. I mean come on, they have billions of people. So fans would seem to be a dime a dozen "literally"
  • So based on the theory the author would likely to finish the story with unanswered questions making it a incomplete story which rather very disatifying regret i hope and pray that the author would do proper justice to thyaeria story
  • Dude has adhd
    "All things we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allen Poe -
  • i don't know if this conspiracy is real but recent chaps give me the same feeling of when a manga is being axed and the author is forced to skip planned arcs and go directly to the ending. 
  • This seems to be true seeing his new work
    i don't know if this conspiracy is real but recent chaps give me the same feeling of when a manga is being axed and the author is forced to skip planned arcs and go directly to the ending. 
    but wuxia is completely in hands of authors no editor and such
  • All good things must come to an end :/
  • If all the 'past novel were rushed to start TDG' is true, I wouldn't read his new work anymore.

It just gives people the feeling that he lost motivation on a certain series and just wanna go on a new one (without saying its on hiatus or explaining it), it's bound to happen for the next series as well.

Not gonna let myself be disappointed years down the road.
  • NO ploz! TDG is so good, I'd hate to see him skip through just cause he's bored, I mean Nie Li is such a good character. Shouldn't have come on the forums, now I'm worried :cold_sweat: 
  • i hope his baby dies he deserves it
    Oy, how much we hate his way of not continuing a novel etc, the way u put that msg here is actually not gud...dude, get urself checked
  • kr33d said:
    i hope his baby dies he deserves it
    Oy, how much we hate his way of not continuing a novel etc, the way u put that msg here is actually not gud...dude, get urself checked
    Yeah seriously. In the end we're all getting great content for FREE. It's of course sad to know that the author may no longer provide more content at the same great level or frequency, but to wish his child death... you got problems. 
  • kr33d said:
    Yeah seriously. In the end we're all getting great content for FREE. It's of course sad to know that the author may no longer provide more content at the same great level or frequency, but to wish his child death... you got problems. 
    Even the ppl of China get it for "FREE" and then they pass it to us on bootleg sites; so that's a null argument point. It never fails how there are always ppl who take the stance of "be grateful it's free or, since your a leech you should be happy" defense or attack posture. If a author is a trash then no matter if you get it free or pay it doesn't change he/she is trash. Expressing yourself shouldn't depend on how much you spend...
  • kr33d said:
    Even the ppl of China get it for "FREE" and then they pass it to us on bootleg sites; so that's a null argument point. It never fails how there are always ppl who take the stance of "be grateful it's free or, since your a leech you should be happy" defense or attack posture. If a author is a trash then no matter if you get it free or pay it doesn't change he/she is trash. Expressing yourself shouldn't depend on how much you spend...
    But hoping his baby dies? Thats way to much.
  • Nabcake said:
    kr33d said:
    But hoping his baby dies? Thats way to much.
    Agreed. That dude is just twisted to have thoughts like that. For a mere novel...

But then again, apparently there are many, many psycho's like that in the chinese sites too. The authors (not particularly Mad Snail) often write something like "don't scold my relatives because you didn't get your free chapter in time". 
    An example: author explained that one chapter is late because he had to take his sister to the hospital. And he gets comments like "stop using your family as an excuse. Hope your sister dies"...
  • Jesus that guy had such a massive reaction XD, he's either not serious or a sociopath either way this many responses just doesn't makes sense. (I know I'm a complete hypocrite shhh)
  • i have not read tdg since chapter 150
    frankly i dont care about this novel
    i just came here from lnmtl chat where they all spam how much they hate the author^^
    and so i wrote this comment here to look at your reactions
  • Actually there is another possebilty^^

Perhaps he does is gravely ill or worse and someone else continues his novel and doesn't really know what to do^^ .

Actually most readers don't even have the right to complain... where do they pay? Someone who is just reading without giving something in exchange just doesn't have the right.... Me included xD
  • To be honest i don't really care about this thread but every time I see the name it makes my day better XD
  • pretending doesnt care but still comment, tsundere~
  • XD totes btw these things ~~~~~ are so good
  • Knew something like this would happen. The lack of chapters recently and him always not remembering important stuff in the LN. This LN had good potential.
  • According to the latest update by the author (8 Jun), his grandfather has passed away. He will slowly write the novel to allow the manhua to catch up. There's also some problems with the contract that once settled, he may resume his release speed

http://www.weibo.com/2156130293/DzfZClGqs?from=page_1035052156130293_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime

General comments from the Chinese readers are RIP to his grandfather, but they aren't buying his bullshit that it was due to his grandfather because he's writing another novel and updating it very regularly (Already at Chapter 80, at 2 chapters a day). As for catching up with the manhua, Chinese readers are pissed for that will take at least another approximated 3 years for the manhua to catch up.

• CKtalon said:

According to the latest update by the author (8 Jun), his grandfather has passed away. He will slowly write the novel to allow the manhua to catch up. There's also some problems with the contract that once settled, he may resume his release speed

http://www.weibo.com/2156130293/DzfZClGqs?from=page_1035052156130293_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime

General comments from the Chinese readers are RIP to his grandfather, but they aren't buying his bullshit that it was due to his grandfather because he's writing another novel and updating it very regularly (Already at Chapter 80, at 2 chapters a day). As for catching up with the manhua, Chinese readers are pissed for that will take at least another approximated 3 years for the manhua to catch up.

Thanks Talon, I was wondering why the original was taking so long to update.
  • CKtalon said:

According to the latest update by the author (8 Jun), his grandfather has passed away. He will slowly write the novel to allow the manhua to catch up. There's also some problems with the contract that once settled, he may resume his release speed

That mean he don't deny that new novel write by him with new name?
  • edited June 2016
    Lol what....so that the manhua can catch up? What bullshit is that, this is just ridiculous lol. Honestly I am inclined to agree with the chinese conspiracy theory. To write a novel slowly for 3 years is basically going to kill the fanbase for the novel at least in china and all that for some mediocre manhua?
  • Nabcake said:
    Lol what....so that the manhua can catch up? What bullshit is that, this is just ridiculous lol. Honestly I am inclined to agree with the chinese conspiracy theory. To write a novel slowly for 3 years is basically going to kill the fanbase for the novel at least in china and all that for some mediocre manhua?
    Brah the manhua literally just started I don't wanna not have any TDG till then, btw current translation chapters soo gud, 'gimme dat!' 'Its 70000' 'Na matey make it 36k' 'kk'
  • This is dumb move.
    I bet his giving up novel reader fanbase and trying to hook up manhua reader fanbase.
  • Either the guy is a total tool not just coming out and telling his fans that he is tiered of writing TDG or it's contract disputes and he would just be throwing money away if he writes TDG.
  • phitness said:
    Either the guy is a total tool not just coming out and telling his fans that he is tiered of writing TDG or it's contract disputes and he would just be throwing money away if he writes TDG.
    Dont think they are under any contract, they just write and release it on a platform and get XX amount of revenue depending on how many read, kinda like google ad or youtube revenue. 
  • Nabcake said:
    phitness said:
    Either the guy is a total tool not just coming out and telling his fans that he is tiered of writing TDG or it's contract disputes and he would just be throwing money away if he writes TDG.
    Dont think they are under any contract, they just write and release it on a platform and get XX amount of revenue depending on how many read, kinda like google ad or youtube revenue. 
    There is usually a minimum word count for A-contracts in Qidian. I'm not sure what Mad Snail's min word count is, but TMW's author's min word count is 2 million characters. That puts it at around chapter 680-1000 assuming about 2000-3000 characters per chapter.