MC personality

Hey,

the one thing Ive always loved about xianxia is the MCs ruthless personality and I've been wondering if the CD mc is the same as for example ATG, CSG, MGA.
I dont mind spoilers (in fact spoilers make me more interested in reading it) so could anyone clarify if his personality is like that? I'm only at book 3 and so far it seems like the usual bullying and revenge isnt happening in CD.

Since I already read about some betrayals happening in CD but not the MCs reactions to them, I fear that it wont be like in other novels and he wont just take revenge and fuck things up (which I would really look forward to).

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Fair answer, no. Linley Baruch is not a ruthless character, in fact, I think he's a very honorable character. He's someone who people have it very easy to make friends with and he rarelly looks for enemies personaly, except his major enemy related to the deaths of his parents.

He doesn't show mercy to his enemies, but unlike other MC's, he trains because he truly enjoys it and fights people because he truly enjoys it, he doesn't necessarily have to kill his foes, as long as he gets to fight them.
  • Thanks, it's weird to see a xianxia mc that isn't the incarnation of death itself.
    I thought they were all like that.
  • Linley isn't, that's for sure. He has some dark moments, but it's not as ruthless as most xianxias.
  • yes he isnt as ruthless,but he isnt one to show mercy when getting revenge..

• He is pretty ruthless to the Gods that messed with his friends. Espically the 2 that tortured Yale. He is also pretty ruthless to his own kids, he is a father for a few years then grabs their mom and runs away for a few hundred...Dad of the year award will never be won by Linley.
  • Jason527 said:
    He is pretty ruthless to the Gods that messed with his friends. Espically the 2 that tortured Yale. He is also pretty ruthless to his own kids, he is a father for a few years then grabs their mom and runs away for a few hundred...Dad of the year award will never be won by Linley.
    I'm not sure ruthless is the right word to describe him as a father. Sure, he's bad, but his kids lived without fears, no different from royalty, had pretty much whatever they wanted(at least they could if they wanted) they just didn't get much parental love/attention from him in their childhoods. But it's not like he abused them in any way, so I wouldn't call him a ruthless father.
  • He also admitted several times he had not done well towards his children, and as soon as he returned to the Yulian Plane he left a clone there and ever since he had always had a clone near his family spending time with them.