Shui Dongliu (extremely heavy spoilers)

For those of you that read the ending of ISSTH: How do you feel about Shui Dongliu (the painter that sealed resurrection lily/mastermind behind ISSTH)? What would you do if you were Meng Hao and you learned that you were basically a game piece in someone's gameboard? Do you think that SD deserves a horrible ending for everything he did to MH and his family? Plz don't say something like "no because we wouldn't have such an awesome MC without SD". Just put yourself in MH'S shoes and tell me what would you do if you were him.

Comments

• didnt he save MC bunch of times?
  • ser4 said:
    didnt he save MC bunch of times?

He didn't want MH to die because he needed him. Also, he's responsible for most of MH's problems( including his conflicts with the Ji clan)
  • Can anyone tell exactly what SD did? 
  • Qi Condensation, Foundation Establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, Spirit Severing, Dao Seeking, Immortal, Ancient, Dao, Dao Something
    He's one of the 5 that is on the Dao Something I believe.
    basically he manipulated meng hao's life so he will become 9th demon sealer which is important in his plan to free the mountain and sea world from 33 heaven. btw He help meng hao again to solve the curse of heaven (heaven of this entire universe not 33 heaven or just mountain and sea world)
    LuffyKun said:
    Qi Condensation, Foundation Establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, Spirit Severing, Dao Seeking, Immortal, Ancient, Dao, Dao Something
    no, he is not detached/unique
    basically he manipulated meng hao's life so he will become 9th demon sealer which is important in his plan to free the mountain and sea world from 33 heaven. btw He help meng hao again to solve the curse of heaven (heaven of this entire universe not 33 heaven or just mountain and sea world)
    LuffyKun said:
    Qi Condensation, Foundation Establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, Spirit Severing, Dao Seeking, Immortal, Ancient, Dao, Dao Something
    He's ninth Dao supreme, so one step behind detached/supreme.
  • edited May 2016

Can anyone tell exactly what SD did? 
    LuffyKun said:
    @heartlesscutlass: he's responsible for Meng Hao's reincarnation problems. He basically controlled MH's life to make him go through a lot of trials (Ji clan, his family leaving him, his wife death...etc) so that he can grow faster. In other words, SD is responsible for every bad things that happened to MH.

LuffyKun said:
    @heartlesscutlass: he's responsible for Meng Hao's reincarnation problems. He basically controlled MH's life to make him go through a lot of trials (Ji clan, his family leaving him, his wife death...etc) so that he can grow faster. In other words, SD is responsible for every bad things that happened to MH.
    Since it was given that entire nine mountain and sea is going to get wiped out and also  one of the necessity for meng hao's change to  monster.
    Plus he did not create the trials in his life, he just observed meng hao who was doing his thing while protecting him and change him when necessary
  • how is shui dongliu responsible for meng hao's problems, he's never actively influenced events to cause harm to Meng Hao. Everything he's done has been largely beneficial to him.
  • No, during the war with '33 day worlds' SD did mentioned that he was the one that created MH'S reincarnation problems.
  • how is shui dongliu responsible for meng hao's problems, he's never actively influenced events to cause harm to Meng Hao. Everything he's done has been largely beneficial to him.
    that's what he want you to think :D

basically he is a master strategist,the one who pull the string from behind the scene. His intention is good though(free the mountain and sea world)
  • So in the end does SD gets snuffed out by MH or something?? 
  • Well even if someone wanted to judge him in universe, the more important question is can anyone actually defeat him? I take it that even by EOS he is still steps ahead of everyone.
  • So in the end does SD gets snuffed out by MH or something?? 
    Emrys said:
    Well even if someone wanted to judge him in universe, the more important question is can anyone actually defeat him? I take it that even by EOS he is still steps ahead of everyone.
    nope he die in the war between the mountain and sea world and 33 heaven, the 9th sea rebel and that make his plan to free the mountain and sea world from 33 heaven flawed. Later meng hao resurrect him and he live for some time before die again because of the curse of heaven but before he die he help meng hao formulated a plan to solve the curse of heaven. After the curse of heaven solved he is reincarnated as another person but somehow retain his memories
  • Yeah, he sacrificed himself.
  • If he sacrificed himself  then he's paid the price. Ultimately he chose the path that will lead to the survival of the majority. It was wrong to have manipulated Meng Hao, and perhaps countless others, but all he did he did for the greater good. 
  • Any reason why he sacrificed himself besides wanting to save the people of the 9 Seas and Mountains?
  • edited May 2016
    LuffyKun said:
    Any reason why he sacrificed himself besides wanting to save the people of the 9 Seas and Mountains?
    He wanted to repay MH so he gave him his legacy by sacrificing himself. He also wanted MH to become stronger so that he can become the protector of mountain and sea world.
  • They were also being chased by both the demon and god realms/continents, and if he didn't sacrifice himself they would have been caught and all his plans would have gone to waste.
  • without his plan Meng Hao and everyone he knows dies at the hands of 33 heavens
  • But why did he chose MH?
  • But why did he chose MH?
    Fang family is the offspring of the Luo Tian bloodline.
  • anonpuffs said:
    But why did he chose MH?
    Fang family is the offspring of the Luo Tian bloodline.
    @anonpuffs are they really the offspring of luo tian ?because iirc luo tian did spread his blood but then all of the previous people who turn from immortal to demon supposed to be his offspring too ?
  • If I was Meng Hao and looked back at my life in hindsight, I would also recognize that the alternative would be that I'd grow up and live my life on Planet East Victory, grow up as a silk pants and be surrounded by both grandfathers and my family. I'd be lacking the closest friends I'd have come to know - Xu Qing would not be my wife, Fatty would have probably died in the Reliance Sect, who knows what would have become of Chen Fan, the parrot may still be stuck in the mirror with its shards scattered about, the meat jelly might have fallen to the Black Sieve Sect. Shui Dongliu may have orchestrated someone else's ascension and there would still have been a clash with the 33 Heavens God and Immortal continents. The difference would be Meng Hao would have been a background character and not have any control over anything at all.

I wouldn't hold it against Shui Donliu. I'd feel like I owe him a debt of gratitude.
  • If I was Meng Hao and looked back at my life in hindsight, I would also recognize that the alternative would be that I'd grow up and live my life on Planet East Victory, grow up as a silk pants and be surrounded by both grandfathers and my family. I'd be lacking the closest friends I'd have come to know - Xu Qing would not be my wife, Fatty would have probably died in the Reliance Sect, who knows what would have become of Chen Fan, the parrot may still be stuck in the mirror with its shards scattered about, the meat jelly might have fallen to the Black Sieve Sect. Shui Dongliu may have orchestrated someone else's ascension and there would still have been a clash with the 33 Heavens God and Immortal continents. The difference would be Meng Hao would have been a background character and not have any control over anything at all.

I wouldn't hold it against Shui Donliu. I'd feel like I owe him a debt of gratitude.
    The debt goes even farther when you consider at the end when he basically says even if he transcends he will not leave the story sky and instead stay and protect it for Meng Hao.