Linley's elemental affinities

When Linley went with Hillman to the city to take the magus test, Linley's element affinities were Earth and Wind - both excellent and fire - average.
But why he is called a dual-element magus ?
What happened to the fire element ?
Why not using the fire with the wind to make it stronger ???

Tagged:

Comments

• Because as he is only average with fire, he can barelly use it very well. It's like when he tried training in the Laws of Fire, he struggled A LOT with training in it, even though he had a slightly higher affinity than say Laws of Light, he struggled. If he were to use fire to make wind stronger he would actually spend WAY more time in casting spells and what not because he's just not too adept with it.
  • I believe he is called a dual element magus because his affinities for Earth and Wind are both excellent.
  • I mean regardless he was able to reach highgod in fire laws which is legitametly difficult for many and that was with his average affinity. If given a few million years he could have probably had a few more elemental clones

• I mean regardless he was able to reach highgod in fire laws which is legitametly difficult for many and that was with his average affinity. If given a few million years he could have probably had a few more elemental clones

lol, his fire affinity was said to be average but his soul, even before his soul mutation, was very powerful so his training speed naturally gained a boost. When he became a soul mutant his soul became even more powerful which once again gave him a training boost. After he became a sovereign, he started using the power of faith to once again boost his training speed. What I am trying to say is that the reason why he managed to become a fire highgod, despite his average affinity, wasn't become of his affinity but because of his special circumstances.
  • TBH Linley could've trained in destruction too but IET probably got really lazy
  • It was explained at the end, iirc, that Linley needed 4 clones of the elements any more and it wouldn't have allowed him to be a uc

“So…for me to break through the Cosmos required so many coincidences. It was so difficult.” Linley now completely understood.

“Right!” Hongmeng nodded and laughed. “You just so happened to have four clones of earth, fire, water, and wind. If you had an extra one, it wouldn’t have worked; if you had one less, it also wouldn’t have worked. And then, you successfully underwent a Soul Mutation! This gave you a chance, but…the four types of energy in the universe are actually four different types of Sovereign energy. You had to be able to control those four types of Sovereign energy and fuse them, and so you had to fuse four Sovereign sparks.”

• If you recall most of those that trained in the eddicts of destruction were battle freaks (the kind you want to avoid fighting).  Although Linley was a training junkie and was somewhat bloodthirsty in battle I wouldn't really call him a battle freak.