Big Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Nabcake said:
    What happens to Zhou Ru?
    She continue to follow Wang Lin for some times. Wang Lin even get her animals for pet  :D , one of them is a tiger beast that she treat like a regular cat (the tiger at first just scared of Wang Lin but later grow fond of her). At one point Wang Lin wipe her memory about him and return her to her homeland. For some reason (there should be some events about her that I forget though) her memory return and when Wang Lin met her, she become the disciple of Mu Bing Mei (Liu Mei real body). She continue to treat Wang Lin as her own family (well, her real parents did sell her to a cultivator before Wang Lin rescue her), when Wang Lin go to Xian city she is one of those who choose to be reincarnated in Xian City (the tiger also come with her)
  • So what happens to WL after the wild land saga???
  • please remind me what the wild land saga is about, I kinda forget  :)
  • What happens to Ting Er the white female celestial corpse and the Qing something guy that's in love with her and the celestial swords?
  • Ting Er actually not the real consciousness of the corpse, she is somekind of consciousness that born from the accumulation of Zhou Yi protected her for a long time. The female is the daughter of the last surviving Immortal Emperor (I forget her real name), the sword get taken with Zhou Yi inside (remember that he became a new sword spirit). When Wang Lin find it again it was on the hand of an elder who is in the process of cancelling Zhou Yi consciousness (or try to subdue him). Later Zhou Yi upgrade Xu Liguo to be a sword spirit too .Wang Lin then goes in a journey to find the female father because he is supposed to have the ability to help the female and Zhou Yi.
    The sad thing is when the female cured, she ignore Zhou Yi because she is the real consciousness of the body and Ting Er consciousness is gone. So, the female supposedly not remember her experience with Zhou Yi. However, Wang Lin speculated that she actually remember but too proud to admitted it. Later when they choose to be reincarnated in xian city, Wang Lin tempered with the reincarnation process making her reincarnation and Zhou Yi reincarnation have fate together (iirc he also seal/erase the female memory making it impossible to be awaken unlike other people that reincarnated)
  • Ting Er actually not the real consciousness of the corpse, she is somekind of consciousness that born from the accumulation of Zhou Yi protected her for a long time. The female is the daughter of the last surviving Immortal Emperor (I forget her real name), the sword get taken with Zhou Yi inside (remember that he became a new sword spirit). When Wang Lin find it again it was on the hand of an elder who is in the process of cancelling Zhou Yi consciousness (or try to subdue him). Later Zhou Yi upgrade Xu Liguo to be a sword spirit too .Wang Lin then goes in a journey to find the female father because he is supposed to have the ability to help the female and Zhou Yi.
    The sad thing is when the female cured, she ignore Zhou Yi because she is the real consciousness of the body and Ting Er consciousness is gone. So, the female supposedly not remember her experience with Zhou Yi. However, Wang Lin speculated that she actually remember but too proud to admitted it. Later when they choose to be reincarnated in xian city, Wang Lin tempered with the reincarnation process making her reincarnation and Zhou Yi reincarnation have fate together (iirc he also seal/erase the female memory making it impossible to be awaken unlike other people that reincarnated)
    Whats the deal with the emperor? Why was he away or missing?
  • Just to be clear he is on Immortal Emperor level and not really an emperor of the immortal (however irrc he did rule an area) not to be confused as later in XianGang Continent there will be emperor of the immortal  :D . After the destruction of Immortal realm he is severely injured and recuperated somewhere else
  • 1) What kind of techniques and items does Wang Lin use to fight later on? I'm curious about how he applies his Daos in battle, does he actually create abilities from them or are they just a power boost?
    2) What do the bloodlines of the Ancient Demons and Ancient Devils do? Is it just having a strong body like the Ancient Gods?
    3) Royal ancestor, you mentioned earlier about WL having a "clone born from nothingness"? What is it and when does it appear?

• edited January 2017
    dionit said:
    1) What kind of techniques and items does Wang Lin use to fight later on? I'm curious about how he applies his Daos in battle, does he actually create abilities from them or are they just a power boost?
    2) What do the bloodlines of the Ancient Demons and Ancient Devils do? Is it just having a strong body like the Ancient Gods?
    3) Royal ancestor, you mentioned earlier about WL having a "clone born from nothingness"? What is it and when does it appear?

1. Later, wang lin will gain a divine technique to summon rain which has relation with his life and death dao (the rain born in heaven and die on earth, in the middle is life) also a technique to call wind and landslide technique. These techniques actually created by immortal emperor fan bai (or bai fan as mtl can be tricky sometime  D) who is the master of qing shui (which is why qing shui think of wang lin as martial brother despite wang lin never met the master). He also can use his dao of karma and true and false to fight but never specifically said as independent technique (just an ability of the dao I think), he also has somekind of dream technique in which he drag the opponent into a dream of ancient war, he can trap his opponent and the damage in the war become real (iirc related to dao of true and false and dao of dream) . Later on, his proficiency in dao of fire and lightning are so high that he can annul someone right to use them. His first self created technique is Destroying Night/Sundering Night which is a derivation of the dao of beginning and end (at this point he still not has essence of it). His other self created techniques are flow month/drifting time that can control time (limited by his cultivation level though but when he is strong enough he can even send someone back in time or make a time acceleration space) and dream technique that can affect reality. He also has a technique that utilise five elements (originally use by Immortal Ancestor) and some proficiency in dao of war (not essence level) and dao of space (when he is powerful enough he literally only need to glance at someone to lock them in space), a technique called "one step tread the heaven" that help him tread the 7th bridge of heaven trampling bridges (off screen).  He also has other abilities that I forget. For weapon, he never really use any weapon and prefer a direct fight but his notable weapon I think is Li Guang Bow.

2. iirc never really explained as he absorb his ancient demon and ancient devil clones power to his ancient god body. Doesn't really matter though as he got the power of pure ancient clan (from ancient ancestor). Short origin of ancient clan: Ancient ancestor has three sons (ji,dao,shi). The three sons each has their own tribe, after sometime the ancient clan got really big and one of the descendant,Ye Mo, came into cave world. He fight a war in cave world and defeated but before he die he spread 3000 of his blood to the cave world and it is the origin of ancient god,ancient demon and ancient devil. In fact the term royal ancient in cave world is an ancient people whose blood close to Ye Mo level.

3. Nothingness/Nihility clone born during his journey to XianGang continent. To arrive to XianGang continent from cave world he go through a void space that belong to neither cave world nor XianGang. So, he experience rejection of law there and with his current cultivation level he can't hold his own there before his mosquito find somekind of ancient platform and forcefully drop wang lin's blood there. The blood become a body born in nothingness and since it is born in nothiness the rejection of law become less severe and when it is already quite grown the rejection doesn't exist anymore (in fact he use it to override XianGang natural law several time). It turned out Immortal Ancestor and Ancient Ancestor has the same origin although not a clone but they really are born in nothingness (and possibly from the same ancient platform)so when wang lin's nihility clone is born he become an existence comparable in status to Immortal Ancestor and Ancient Ancestor
  • edited January 2017
    1)Do the sons of Ancient Ancestor Ji, Dao, and Shi have any relation to the types of Spiritual power or is the name just coincidental? Also, what do these types of spiritual power do exactly in terms of effects?
    2)What exactly is the bead WL got in the beginning of the story? Where did it come from and what does it do?
    3)Can you give some more info on Situ Nan's history? Who was he and how did he get into the bead?
  • 1. Ah sorry actually Ji,Dao,Shi are not really their name but their tribes name. Their own name actually never mentioned. 

2. It's origin never really explained in Xian Ni. However, it's origin was briefly given in Beseech The Devil as Beseech The Devil events actually happen long before Xian Ni (despite the novel itself came after Xian Ni). It was Su Ming's creation and the complete form is a compass but still has the form of bead. It's real use has something to do with resurrection and defy heavenly law but Su Ming add somekind of tracking ability to track Tu Mao He.

3. Situ Nan is the 2nd generation of Suzaku. The usual treasure fight, Situ Nan got the heaven defying bead and Tan Lang (Greedy Wolf) find out about it and incite other cultivators to gang up on him.
    Situ Nan is also one of the 7 souls of Colourful Immortal (the one who made the cave world, he got separated into 3 main souls and 7 souls) that's why Situ Nan cultivation is fast. Ironically, Tang Lang is also one of the 7 souls
  • so i finished reading it, it was a amazing read!
    Only wondering if anybody could clarify, exactly when he sent the slaughter clone back in time.
    Also if the grey clothed person was the first to achieve stage 4- heaven trampling cultivation base, and what his purpose is st this point. Is he a guardian of the bridge. Did not understand the part about him being heaven trampling 1 and the main character being heaven trampling 2, that no one could get past or something. That particular chapter was a little confusing.
  • Who is the old man who helped Wang Lin reach the soul formation realm and pretended to be mortal?
  • Saumiyan said:
    so i finished reading it, it was a amazing read!
    Only wondering if anybody could clarify, exactly when he sent the slaughter clone back in time.
    Also if the grey clothed person was the first to achieve stage 4- heaven trampling cultivation base, and what his purpose is st this point. Is he a guardian of the bridge. Did not understand the part about him being heaven trampling 1 and the main character being heaven trampling 2, that no one could get past or something. That particular chapter was a little confusing.
    iirc when he meet slaughter clone again Wang Lin said that for Wang Lin himself it's been 500 years, I think it should be around the time he's closing up in Ancient Temple. His purpose is revealed in Beseech The Devil but his origin is still a bit vague (or maybe because I read it via bing translator and miss several points), he has a task from Su Ming. Basically, he said he is the first who reach 4th step in XianGang continent (notice that he said from this world indicating it's possible someone from another world already reach the same level), Wang Lin the second but in between the slaughter clone of Wang Lin also reach the 4th step but he's technically also Wang Lin.
    Rah said:
    Who is the old man who helped Wang Lin reach the soul formation realm and pretended to be mortal?
    He's the brother (or at least adoptive or martial brother) of the current Suzaku. He's actually from the native tribe of Suzaku planet and planning to rebel as "Suzaku" gain the planet by invading their homeland (remember that by the rule of cultivation union a 6 level cultivation country has the right to rule/own a planet)
  • Suzaku

I thought there is no Japan in Xian Ni?

Is there any proper translation to that sutra/mantra/whatever that starts with "锁亡天之运"?

• Vasya111 said:
    Suzaku

I thought there is no Japan in Xian Ni?

Is there any proper translation to that sutra/mantra/whatever that starts with "锁亡天之运"?

iirc basically the chinese word used point to type of fire bird and Suzaku is a more common and known word for fire bird (as well as Vermillion Bird and actually the 4 holy beast came from chinese culture)

I don't really know that words since I read via bing translator  :D
  • iirc basically the chinese word used point to type of fire bird and Suzaku is a more common and known word for fire bird (as well as Vermillion Bird and actually the 4 holy beast came from chinese culture)

Yeah, i just dont understand, why japanese word is used. I even asked on weeaboo imageboard to name 4 holy beasts and people named vermillion bird, white tiger, black tortoise and azure dragon, not Suzaku, Keikaku, Taskete and Oniichan.
  • What is the issth equivalent of the 4th step heaven treading realm, that is, if there is any? there seems to be nearly 2x the amount of cultivation levels in this novel. Is eos 4th step wang lin stronger or equal to eos meng hao?
  • Prady said:
    What is the issth equivalent of the 4th step heaven treading realm, that is, if there is any? there seems to be nearly 2x the amount of cultivation levels in this novel. Is eos 4th step wang lin stronger or equal to eos meng hao?
    I'm no fanboy but i think wang lin is stronger at the end of each novel, why? in meng hao's world the heaven's crown is limiting anyone in order to prevent someone stronger than him, meng hao barely defeated him, he's severely weakened and he only got his fingers left when he fought with meng hao. In wanglin's world there is no one limiting them. Please excuse my english :)
  • Er Gen in issth said that Heaven Treading Realm equal to Dao Source Realm in issth and Boundless Dao in Beseech The Devil. At the end of novel Wang Lin is at least stronger than early 4th step as the one who become 4th step before him stated that Wang Lin is stronger than him. So, we don't really know Wang Lin's power level at the end of novel. However, Meng Hao is possibly stronger since he can defeat Heaven in issth. Keep in mind that same niche in cultivation doesn't mean same power level.
    If you read Beseech The Devil, it is explained that despite the level should be in the same niche in cultivation level but sometimes the power/battle capability will be different (like how high level cultivator of Su Ming's world easily defeated by early third step cultivator of Immortal system). If we're talking about general comparison (not in Wang Lin or Meng Hao case) then Xian Ni's cultivation system will be stronger since they breakthrough to 3rd step (should be in the same niche as Ancient realm in issth) using Dao Essence while people in issth only has Dao Essence in Dao Realm (should be in the same niche as Kong Jie/Empty Eon/Spatial Disaster in Xian Ni). This will be overturn when cultivator in issth reach high level in Dao Realm as generaly cultivator in Xian Ni after breakthrough to 3rd step didn't need to form more Dao Essence unless they want to breakthrough to Kong Xuan level. So, generally in Kong Jie cultivator in Xian Ni will only have 2 to 3 Dao Essence (not counting fleshly body or abnormal people) while in issth cultivator in Dao Realm will form more Dao Essence as they progress. However, in Wang Lin's case this can't be applied as he form more Dao Essence to progress in 3rd step (when he breakthrough to Kong Jie he has 9 Dao Essences and combine them into 3) therefore in Kong Jie he will still be stronger than cultivator in issth plus Wang Lin's form true body from Dao Essences.
  • edited January 2017
    Funny how this just raises more questions than getting a flat answer :P thanks for your take on it though @rollsroyce45 @"Royal ancestor". what I gathered from both of this is that in purely cultivation level terms meng hao should be higher, but since the cultivation system in xian ni is stronger, wang lin could end up being stronger. also since it was said we dont know how strong wang lin actually is at the end. but do we know that if wang lin is 5th step or 6th step? since those were revealed in the end. did er gen mean that heaven treading realm is equivalent to daosource realm in cultivation or battle power? because if he meant battle power, meng hao would be stronger correct? i kinda want wang lin to just be the strongest among them lel
  • Oh to add on to my previous question, could the comparison be made to all 4 of them? bringing in su ming and bai xiaochun into the playing field (though we dont know about him since atte is still going), was there any indication that bai xiaochun is boundless ancestor from issth?
  • Prady said:
    Funny how this just raises more questions than getting a flat answer :P thanks for your take on it though @rollsroyce45 @"Royal ancestor". what I gathered from both of this is that in purely cultivation level terms meng hao should be higher, but since the cultivation system in xian ni is stronger, wang lin could end up being stronger. also since it was said we dont know how strong wang lin actually is at the end. but do we know that if wang lin is 5th step or 6th step? since those were revealed in the end. did er gen mean that heaven treading realm is equivalent to daosource realm in cultivation or battle power? because if he meant battle power, meng hao would be stronger correct? i kinda want wang lin to just be the strongest among them lel
    Prady said:
    Oh to add on to my previous question, could the comparison be made to all 4 of them? bringing in su ming and bai xiaochun into the playing field (though we dont know about him since atte is still going), was there any indication that bai xiaochun is boundless ancestor from issth?
    Heaven Treading Realm and Dao Source Realm equal in level only, as for battle power I think it's up to the individual. The 5th step and 6th step were mentioned by the one who become 4th step before Wang Lin, he said that before him someone already reach 4th step and reach even higher to 5th step and 6th step. It's kinda hard to compare them with Su Ming since at some point in the novel he kinda abandon The Man tribe cultivation term and started talking about cultivation level in term of comparison with another sytem (and since I used bing translator and not read it directly some term is confusing for me :D ). If we compare the cultivation level in general, it should be something like this 
    Xian Ni ISSTH
    First Step
    Qi Condensation (15 layers) Qi Condensation (13 layers)
    Foundation Establishment Foundation Establishment
    Jie Dan (Core Formation) Jie Dan (Core Formation)
    Yuan Ying (Nascent Soul) Yuan Ying (Nascent Soul)
    Hua Shen (Soul Formation) Spirit Severing
    Dao Seeking
    Ancient Time Current Time
    Ying Bian (Soul Transformation) Half Immortal 
    Shang Xian (Exalted Immortal) Wen Ding (Cauldron Seeking/Ascendant) Immortal Realm
    Yin Xu (Void Yin) Stage
    Yang Shi (Materialize Yang) Stage
    Second Step
    Tian Xian (Heavenly Immortal) Kui Nie (Glimpse into Nirvana)
    Xian Wang (Immortal King) Jing Nie (Net Nirvana)
    Xian Jun (Immortal Monarch/Immortal Master) Sui Nie (Broken Nirvana)
    Xian Di (Immortal Emperor) Third Step Ancient Realm
    Kong Nie (Empty Nirvana / Spatial Nirvana) Early Ancient Realm
    Kong Ling (Ethereal / Spatial Spirit) Middle Ancient Realm
    Kong Xuan (Empty Black / Spatial Profound) Late Ancient Realm
    Kong Jie (Empty Eon / Spatial Disaster / Great Sovereign) Dao Realm
    Jin Zun (Golden Sovereign) Imperial Lord
    Tian Zun (Heavenly Sovereign) 7 Essences Paragon
    Yue Tian Zun (Crossing Heavenly Sovereign) 8 Essences Paragon
    Da Tian Zun (Great Heavenly Sovereign) 9 Essences Paragon
    Fourth Step
    Ta Tian (Treading/Trampling Heaven) Dao Source Realm
  • edited January 2017
    Prady said:
    Meng hao may be higher in Cultivation levels, But is not necessarily stronger then Wang Lin.
    As it is shown even in Chapters of ISSTH, When Wang Lin's Clone took away Chu Yuyan's Soul, when Meng Hao had become the host of the universe.
    But still could not find out who took Chu Yuyan's Soul even after searching the whole Universe, Even at the end of ISSTH, Meng Hao is not stronger then even Wang Lin's Clone, So the answer is that Meng Hao is nowhere near Wang Lin's Level.
  • edited January 2017
    @"Royal ancestor"  woah thanks a bunch, btw is it safe to assume third step is as strong as a heaven's crown ancient realm (like after powerups from immortal emperor, allheaven immortal and allheaven dao immortal)??
  • Prady said:
    Meng hao may be higher in Cultivation levels, But is not necessarily stronger then Wang Lin.
    As it is shown even in Chapters of ISSTH, When Wang Lin's Clone took away Chu Yuyan's Soul, when Meng Hao had become the host of the universe.
    But still could not find out who took Chu Yuyan's Soul even after searching the whole Universe, Even at the end of ISSTH, Meng Hao is not stronger then even Wang Lin's Clone, So the answer is that Meng Hao is nowhere near Wang Lin's Level.
    Which chapters ?
  • Who is Greed? (he's in ISSTH right now and he first appeared in renegade immortal from what I can tell)
  • MonopolyX said:
    Who is Greed? (he's in ISSTH right now and he first appeared in renegade immortal from what I can tell)
    Tan Lang (Greedy Wolf) was one of the 7 souls of Colorful Immortal who created the cave world in Xian Ni. Basically he embody Colorful Immortal life chance encounter that's why he is so lucky. However, when he met Wang Lin his luck is kinda overturn and instead become the lucky star of Wang Lin :D . Apparently in issth, his cultivation level already in Da Tian Zun level with title Hai Dao (Sea Dao/Sea Way) Da Tian Zun
  • When does Wang Lin leave his current planet?
  • Prady said:
    @"Royal ancestor"  woah thanks a bunch, btw is it safe to assume third step is as strong as a heaven's crown ancient realm (like after powerups from immortal emperor, allheaven immortal and allheaven dao immortal)??
    I believe the reason MH can fight ancient realm and so on is not because he's really strong but because the current system is weak (remember that Taiyang Zi is not Immortal Emperor but he can fight with middle Ancient realm). I mean 70 meridians are considered peak Immortal realm and you can try open Ancient door, 100 meridians are considered unachieveable and 123 are considered myth. With that kind of foundation your next level will bound to be fragile. Don't know about allheaven state but Immortal Emperor level really do exist in Xian Ni ancient times and achievable without nirvana fruit. So, I believe Immortal Emperor and so on is the correct way to proceed at least in Ancient Immortal System(maybe there is something equivalent to allheaven state where you don't need allheaven bloodline). Also, Ancient realm level seems unecessary as it doesn't really connect to previous or the next level (unlike how first step building foundation to grasp natural law in second step,second step is to grasp the natural law so you can form Dao Essence to breakthrough to third step). The whole purpose of Ancient realm is to trace your ancestor therefore I believe Ancient realm is a trap prepared by Allheaven since if allheaven clan trace their ancestor meaning they get near to allheaven blood level and can be absorbed more easily. That's why several old guys said not to tread the path of Immortal (I believe they refer to current Immortal system). Just my theory though  :)
    When does Wang Lin leave his current planet?

iirc around 400++ chapters near 500 chapters