12 meridians true Qi explanation?

So I am confused about what 12 meridians true qi actualy means. Jiang Chen mentions that this worlds perception of what it is, is wrong, but I didnt understand what he said it was. Now I am at ch 160 or so and he is preparing to go for spirit sea but it hasnt mentioned him getting the 12th meridian, so whats up? I doubt in a wuxia novel the MC wouldnt have the best of teh best base cultivation so I am assuming i just understood something wrong. Can someone clear it up for me?

Comments

• Wasn't it something like "you can cultivate 12 meridians Qi" and "you can get into Spirit realm from True Qi Master before 50"? So he can 12 would be better foundation, yet he does it at 11. And lots of people try to get the best foundation for Spirit realm, yet they fail because they get too old. Or something. I don't remember. I always wonder why do those 11 True Qi Masters don't rush to Spirit realm. 
  • edited April 2016
    I read the raws so I understand your confusion.
    It turns out that 12 meridians true Qi is actually:
    An illusion. It does not actually exist but is instead a "one", which is the bridge from the true qi realm to martial dao realm.
    It is a profound comprehension, so no meridians are actually opened.
    In the next chapter it was further explained that the potential of a cultivator after entering martial dao realm lies not after he has entered it, but rather, before. And it is exactly this "one" that determines the potential. 
    There are nine attributes, and the amount of attributes one opens will determine ones future potential.

The author really did make it rather confusing

• scruff said:
    An illusion. It does not actually exist but is instead a "one", which is the bridge from the true qi realm to martial dao realm.
    In the next chapter it was further explained that the potential of a cultivator after entering martial dao realm lies not after he has entered it, but rather, before. And it is exactly this "one" that determines the potential. 
    There are nine attributes, and the amount of attributes one opens will determine ones future potential.

wouldn't it be from the true qi realm to the spirit qi realm?
    Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.
  • scruff said:

wouldn't it be from the true qi realm to the spirit qi realm?
    Not sure what they call it but yea the realm after the meridans realm
  • which one had the mc?
    and and which ones are there?

• edited June 2016
    Duniak said:

Wasn't it something like "you can cultivate 12 meridians Qi" and "you can get into Spirit realm from True Qi Master before 50"? So he can 12 would be better foundation, yet he does it at 11. And lots of people try to get the best foundation for Spirit realm, yet they fail because they get too old. Or something. I don't remember. I always wonder why do those 11 True Qi Masters don't rush to Spirit realm. 

Basically it is a trap.

The proper method is to awaken eleven meridians of true qi then step into the spirit realm ("cleave open the spirit ocean").   However, because the local cultivation methods are trash, almost everyone who did so quickly realised that their potential was irreparably impaired by the process.   But they blamed that result on not first awakening the mythical twelfth meridian, causing many eleven meridian experts to waste decades trying to do it.

• So what about if... someone raised themselves to 11th True Qi and then ate one of those fruits from the underground that Mang Qi gave the main character?

Would they reach a sort of illusory 12th True Qi realm, or would they jump into Spirit Realm as like, a Wood Qi elementalist?

I'm not expecting a real answer, so if there isn't one speculation is fine.
  • most likely they'll just get stuck in 11th meridian peak since that's a fruit effective for true qi practitioners and not one meant to help u break into spirit dao 
  • edited August 2016

I think this explanation would satisfy everyone:

• There are 12 major meridians in a human body. One can search this via google.
    • In this novel, each 12 meridians acupoints (acupuncture points) has to be located and the location varies from person to person. This meridians exist physically in a person’s body.
    • Now, Jiang Chen comprehends that the 12th meridian acupoint doesn’t actually exist ‘physically’ but is actually a “bridge” (i.e. the transition) between the 11th meridian and the Spirit Dao realm. And in this bridge, there’s a requirement to form a Dao in order to crossover to the other side.
    • This is the main reason why the 12th meridian became a stuff of legends in Eastern Kingdom. Practically, it’s because they kept using the same method they used for opening their 1st-11th meridian to locate the 12th meridian inside their body. The 12th meridian is the part in which you create your Dao. It’s not a physical part of your body (i.e. acupoint). You also need to coalense all 11 meridians together with the 12th meridian (Dao) into your dantian to form your Spirit Ocean. At this moment you’re a bonafide Spirit Dao practitioner.
    • Jiang Chen is right. It’s not something a potential could solve but rather the right knowledge and the right practice to apply. This misconception and lack of proper methodologies had led generation to generation of this kingdom to not produce a single Spirit Dao practitioner.
    • As for the Dao, it can be describe as a practitioner's martial "pursuit". In gaming term, it's choosing your Job Class, Weapon Mastery and Skill Build. The word Dao is actually well-explained in the novel, True Martial God. It's said that there exists 3000 Daos. Yin and Yang; Life and Death; Beginning and End; these are the so-called "Great Daos". Then there are Elemental Daos like Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Metal, Lightning, Wood, Wind. There are even Daos from ISSTH like Money, Freedom, Devilish and so on. There are also the Dao of Sword, Blade, Axe, Poles, Spears, etc.
    • It's pretty much similar to Spirit Severing in I Shall Seal The Heaven. So basically this Eastern Kingdom folks have no idea what the hell are they doing in their entire life pursuing the 12th meridian like idiots. No wonder you can count in one or two fingers the number of Spirit Dao practitioners that existed in this kingdom.