Flames

Could someone please summarize all the essence flames he will get together with their ranking and the approximate chapters?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    At c1400 or so, anyone else who has completed reading it can add onto the list

Green Lotus Geocentric Flame (rank 19) - ~c232
    Gotten right after Empress Medusa failed in her transformation to Dou Zong/Ancestor

Fallen Heart Flame (rank 14) - ~c620
    Flame used in the Meditation Tower in Jia Nan Inner Academy

Three Thousand Blazing Flame (rank 9) - ~c1207
    Flame sealed by the 3 heads from Pill Tower, chance to acquire it awarded to top 10 of the Pill Master competition

Bone Spirit Cold Fire (rank 11)- ~c1293
    Passed onto him from Yao Lao after he ascended to Half Saint

• Pity that he never acquired the rank 3rd flame.... Wonder if that was content that was cut out of the novel.
  • edited August 2015
    what 3rd rank  flame are u refering to?
  • how many flames does his master have?
  • His master only has one flame. No one had more then one flame cause it was thought impossible to have more until the "master" created the technique to "merge" the flames.

It was suppose to be the flame to which he found a piece of map in the mountains (in the cave where the purple poison girl went with him). I am guessing that originally it was intended as the last flame he would acquire but...
  • Erm, I read the novel through the MT so names are kinda different...But you can think of it as the last tier, or maybe more powerful then that. As they love to say in them novels, every flame that he succeeded to merge would "geometrically increase his power".
    By the way, even after the novel ended he could have still evolved the flame mantra so we would never know what would have happened if he would have gotten all the flames.
  • @everyone
    I've only read till c1400-ish, there's 200 more chapters to go so my list is not complete. At where I am Xiao Yan has achieved 1 Star Dou Shen/Saint and is a couple months away(in the storyline) from the appearance of the rank 3 essence flame.

Not gonna go through the raws as I'm in a rush atm, so pulling out of my memory(do correct me if I made a mistake) for the Flame Mantra levels corresponding to my previous post:

Acquired Green Lotus Geocentric Flame: Xuan Middle Tier
    Acquired Fallen Heart Flame: Di Low Tier
    Acquired Three Thousand Blazing Flame: Di High Tier
    Acquired Bone Spirit Cold Flame: Tian Low Tier

Foundation skill rank from highest to lowest(for those who forgot): Tian(Sky), Di(Earth), Xuan(Black), Huang(Yellow)

• can somebody please tell who is yao laou?

• So he never got the black flame?

And his Flame Mantra was only Tian low at the end?
  • edited August 2015
    Really?! after all the talk about having all 9 flames etc... and he just acquires 4 of the 9?!!!!
    That's a real turn off :(
  • edited August 2015

Chosen said:

Really?! after all the talk about having all 9 flames etc... and he just acquires 4 of the 9?!!!!
    That's a real turn off :(

All 9? You mean 23? Cause there's 23 heavenly flames
    Sorry, forgot that it is 23
    Anyway, that's even worse just 4 out of 23 :'(
  • At end of novel he fuses all the flames into the rank 1 flame according to some spoilers I read and marries Xun Er and Medusa and achieved God tier
  • Air said:

At end of novel he fuses all the flames into the rank 1 flame according to some spoilers I read and marries Xun Er and Medusa and achieved God tier

He fuses all 23?!!!!!
    From what i read on spoilers they said about 4 flames only
  • The spoilers on the BTTH wiki are confusing. The English is... kind of.. unclear.

Well, it says straightforwardly, Xiao Yan obtains 6 Essence Flames by the end of the novel: (Rank 19) Azure Lotus Geocentric Flame, (14) Fallen Heart Flame, (9) Three Thousand Star Flame, (15) Sea Heart Flame, (11) Bone Chilling Flame, and (3) Purifying Lotus Demon Flame.

Yet, some of the comments say that he ends up getting all of the essence flames. 

Also, the page says that the Rank 1 Essence Flame IS the first Dou God... Another comment says that the #1 Essence Flame is the combination of all the others... While yet another says that it's only the combination of 4-23. Another says its the product of Flame Mantra (the Qi Method - Terminal Blaze (?)). So many contradictory statements... Anyone care to clarify please?

References:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php/38797-Battle-Through-the-Heavens-(Dou-Po-Cang-Qiong-%E6%96%97%E7%A0%B4%E8%8B%8D%E7%A9%B9)-An-Wuxia-Translation/page2#.VdATZflViko
    Air said:

• I only stated what I knew from the no. of chapters I have read up till now, can probably give a definite answer when I read finish the series in a month or so lol
  • there is 23 essence flames, n there's no info of the 1st essence flame.... because all 22 essence flame combine was the 1st ranking essence flame and xiao yan will combine all essence flame when he became dou god
  • Where did he find the " Purifying Lotus Demon Flame"?
    It has unusual effects, do any of the other flames have effecrts as well?
  • there is 23 essence flames, n there's no info of the 1st essence flame.... because all 22 essence flame combine was the 1st ranking essence flame and xiao yan will combine all essence flame when he became dou god

So he did get all 22 flames in the end?
    No, he only gets 6. But he summons the rest of them when fighting the last boss.
  • edited September 2015

there is 23 essence flames, n there's no info of the 1st essence flame.... because all 22 essence flame combine was the 1st ranking essence flame and xiao yan will combine all essence flame when he became dou god

almost there...spoilers highlight to read: 1st rank essence flames was made from an intelligent essence flame that found the terminal blaze gong fa and after that it ate up all 22 essence flames to become the 1st rank essence flames called emperor flames, the 1st rank essence flames was also the last DOU DI(its dou emperor not dou god, at the end XY was called "flame emperor" the Di in Dou DI is meant emperor, not to be confuse with huang(which means royalty, can also interpret as king)while dou wang(is dou lord)
    at the end the 1st rank essence flames pass on its powers to XY in other words he became the 1st rank essence flames in itself, since he is the "flame Emperor" he was able to summon all the other 22 essence flame at the end to beat the last boss, XY also didn't fuse all the essence flames at the end he simply summon them and use their powers to seal the last boss. it all went back to their owners after 

XY only had 6 essence flames, he became the 1st rank flame so including him its 7
  • How does swallowing the heavenly flames work ? Like when he swallowed the Fallen Heart Flame, did it fuse with his Green Lotus Geocentric Flame and become an even stronger flame ?

Or instead he just has 2 separate heavenly flames and he can choose which heavenly flames he uses to refine pills etc. ?
  • edited October 2015

How does swallowing the heavenly flames work ? Like when he swallowed the Fallen Heart Flame, did it fuse with his Green Lotus Geocentric Flame and become an even stronger flame ?

Or instead he just has 2 separate heavenly flames and he can choose which heavenly flames he uses to refine pills etc. ?

normally a person can only have one essence flames, but the main character has a Gong Fa that allows him to absorb multiple essence flames, each time he gets a new essence flames he will fuse it with his current flame to create a new essence flame, and etc. 

each essence flames have a specific ability, and the new flame will have the combine ability of both but because its combine both ability becomes weaker(not as concentrated), but he can also Defuse the flames and use them separately for battles so that e can use their special ability better, when he refine pills however he will use the fused version since the stronger the flame the better for pill, 
  • bossvinny said:

How does swallowing the heavenly flames work ? Like when he swallowed the Fallen Heart Flame, did it fuse with his Green Lotus Geocentric Flame and become an even stronger flame ?

normally a person can only have one essence flames, but the main character has a Gong Fa that allows him to absorb multiple essence flames, each time he gets a new essence flames he will fuse it with his current flame to create a new essence flame, and etc. 

each essence flames have a specific ability, and the new flame will have the combine ability of both but because its combine both ability becomes weaker(not as concentrated), but he can also Defuse the flames and use them separately for battles so that e can use their special ability better, when he refine pills however he will use the fused version since the stronger the flame the better for pill, 

So the flames fuses when he 1st swallows it, but then later he can choose to defuse them and use separately during battes etc. ? That seems pretty cool.

Btw, what is the ability of each flame ?
  • He has a martial skill which fuses all the flames in his body when calling them out don't think the flames actually fuse inside his body he just has to manually control so he doesn't get them all when calling out flame.
  • Just wanted to ask, but is it 'Green Lotus Geocentric Flame' or 'Blue Lotus... Flame'? 'Cause I took a look into the manhwa yesterday and I noticed that the flame wasn't green but blue. 
  • edited February 2016
    Hmm... I read on other spoiler threads that #1 Essence flame is actually sealed and needs 8? keys to unlock that dungeon and those keys are in posesion of 8 ancient families (Xiao clan is former, Xun er's clan, Spirit hall, Yao Lao's clan and others)
    It is also said that other flames are just copies of 1st one...

Oh yeah, and apparently it used to be first Dou God's flame!
  • aqswde said:
    Just wanted to ask, but is it 'Green Lotus Geocentric Flame' or 'Blue Lotus... Flame'? 'Cause I took a look into the manhwa yesterday and I noticed that the flame wasn't green but blue. 
    Actually, a lot of oriental countries don't have a separate word for blue or green. So depending on the translator, you'll tend to see either or pop up. For example, for that particular flame, you may see different variations like Blue or Green and Lotus or Geocentric.
  • xigua said:
    aqswde said:
    Just wanted to ask, but is it 'Green Lotus Geocentric Flame' or 'Blue Lotus... Flame'? 'Cause I took a look into the manhwa yesterday and I noticed that the flame wasn't green but blue. 
    Actually, a lot of oriental countries don't have a separate word for blue or green. So depending on the translator, you'll tend to see either or pop up. For example, for that particular flame, you may see different variations like Blue or Green and Lotus or Geocentric.
    Thx 4 answering, I actually vaguely remembered something about not having any distinction between blue and green in Chinese. Seeing as you confirmed it that leaves no doubt about it. Again, thx 4 answering that helped in smothering my quirky dilemma.

I guess, I'll have to start imagining the 'Green Lotus...' as a 'Cyan Lotus...'
  • edited February 2016
    Btw are there only things like Heavenly Flames? So only guys with flame techniques have this cool stuff? Or is there like Heavenly Earth and Heavenly Water later on?
  • NoobElite said:
    Btw are there only things like Heavenly Flames? So only guys with flame techniques have this cool stuff? Or is there like Heavenly Earth and Heavenly Water later on?
    the author only put fire well at least we never heard of it in the tl