SOTR spoilers

Comments

• edited March 30
    Does this ever get past those 'stupid antagonists'? MC just doesnt ever get a break, i am in chapter 134 and i am seriously dropping this if this continues. Any random street thug brings a 10 chapters BORING fight. Lets not even talk about the DBZ-like last minute reinforcement.

Could be good but the author is seriously dropping the ball.

EDIT: I just read this thread (kinda) and it seems the plot is all over the place so i am dropping. How could he not take princess as main love interest?
  • edited April 1
    Because the girl(s) he does take are infinitely better @BarriaKarl and keep reading, it gets much better
  • When JC will meet Dan Fei again after she and him had sex?
  • In the end, JC and his 3 girls e childs will all be together? He marry with the three and live with then or not?
  • edited May 11
    This is from one of my earlier posts here. I don't remember the chapter as I read it a while ago, but I can try to find it if you really need to know.
    ------
    As for Dan Fei. Dan Fei gets adopted by the Peacock Emperor (MTL) and goes to the Peacock empire where JC is also residing at.
    They meet each other, there are lots of emotions and Dan Fei is balling her eyes out because she has been looking for JC ever since she came from traveling for that 1 year. Dan Fei says that they have a kid, and JC eventually figures out that it is Ning'er (Niang'er?) whom he has seen repeatedly at the temple near him.
    JC and Dan Fei go over to the temple to see their daughter, whom Dan Fei hasn't seen in a very long time (years). Dan Fei is like mommy is back, she and the daughter talk for a bit, and Dan Fei is then like, your father is here too. Some cute moments here
    JC is happy and exited, but also sad that he didn't realise Dan Fei's situation/feelings earlier. He says there's no way for him not to accept her.
  • Rewrite said:
    This is from one of my earlier posts here. I don't remember the chapter as I read it a while ago, but I can try to find it if you really need to know.
    ------
    As for Dan Fei. Dan Fei gets adopted by the Peacock Emperor (MTL) and goes to the Peacock empire where JC is also residing at.
    They meet each other, there are lots of emotions and Dan Fei is balling her eyes out because she has been looking for JC ever since she came from traveling for that 1 year. Dan Fei says that they have a kid, and JC eventually figures out that it is Ning'er (Niang'er?) whom he has seen repeatedly at the temple near him.
    JC and Dan Fei go over to the temple to see their daughter, whom Dan Fei hasn't seen in a very long time (years). Dan Fei is like mommy is back, she and the daughter talk for a bit, and Dan Fei is then like, your father is here too. Some cute moments here
    JC is happy and exited, but also sad that he didn't realise Dan Fei's situation/feelings earlier. He says there's no way for him not to accept her.
    is that before he went to the land? or after?
  • JC is really hateful. I can understand that he impregnated Dan Fei but does he really need to marry his third wife just because his father in the upper realm in his first life wants to raise a grandson to become an heir or something like that. Not because Huang er is nice and kind it means that he should marry the girl and forgot his love -___- 
  • Rewrite said:
    ------

This part is one of my favorite in this story. 
  • Ruffly how many chapters is he a member of the Regal Pill Palace, and what level of cultivation does he reach while he is there ?
    While in the Myriad Domain, do any Sage Realm geezers attempt to kill him for any generic reason only to get owned by the Dragon ?

I've only read the current translated chapters, but from what I'm told, the novel gets a lot better later on. Exactly when is that suppose to occur ? 
  • edited June 5
    I read ahead a bit on LNMTL and it looks like Jian Chen gets stuck in the mountains and ends up inheriting the legacy from "The Dan Cloud Ancient Sect"? Can someone elaborate on this or explain what happens? Also he inherits 3 items - what are they and what do they do?
  • Ruffly how many chapters is he a member of the Regal Pill Palace, and what level of cultivation does he reach while he is there ?
    While in the Myriad Domain, do any Sage Realm geezers attempt to kill him for any generic reason only to get owned by the Dragon ?

I've only read the current translated chapters, but from what I'm told, the novel gets a lot better later on. Exactly when is that suppose to occur ? 
    From what I remember the story moves away from the Regal pill palace at around 700. He reaches Saint level 1 or 2 iirc. Yes the dragons kills a bunch of sage realms for him at different parts of the story. The dragon is pretty much relevant for the entire story moving forward.

I think the last question is a bit of personal taste. I enjoyed the whole regal palace part and the next few arcs after that. But I started not enjoying as much when the whole demon fiasco started. Again just personal preference. 
  • LovemyWu said:
    I read ahead a bit on LNMTL and it looks like Jian Chen gets stuck in the mountains and ends up inheriting the legacy from "The Dan Cloud Ancient Sect"? Can someone elaborate on this or explain what happens? Also he inherits 3 items - what are they and what do they do?
    From what I recall, the dan clouds ancient sect used to be a very powerful sect back in the day. The were really good with formations. Back then there was also a war that was happening against the demons. So lots of ancient guilds went to fight with them and it resulted in most of the people being wiped out. From my understanding JC happens to stumble upon their ancient grounds, and he got stuck there. He trained and started passing these trials which in the end rewarded him with the treasures.

The three items don't really play a big role in the story. There's a banner, a disc and a token. The disc I think he can use to control/ set up formations( I believe he used it to set up a formation around his new home and to defend himself in a one on one fight with an emperor rank antagonist). The banner I think he used it to patch up the seal that is placed in the wilderness area (demon area). As for the token. He'll find an old protector of the dan clouds sect and the token basically makes the old protector recognize him as the sovereign of the sect. I don't really recall any other major scenes where these play a role. I could be wrong though!
  • Is true that the regal pill palace gets destroyed because of JC? Something about a longevity pill?
  • edited June 9
    Suran said:
    Is true that the regal pill palace gets destroyed because of JC? Something about a longevity pill?
    taken, and they use it as new source of income. more like forced to but jc didnt blame them(dan sect) disciple.
  • Suran said:
    Is true that the regal pill palace gets destroyed because of JC? Something about a longevity pill?
    Yeah it gets destroyed by the neighbouring kingdom and one of the sect from the upper regions. The longevity pill recipe that JC created and gave to the Regal pill palace does play a role, but I don't think that was the main reason as all the sects in the myriad domain (cathedral, walkabout) got destroyed. I think the other kingdom was just afraid the myriad domain will get stronger and eventually threathen them so they invaded.
  • edited June 11
    steveny91 said:
    Suran said:
    Yeah it gets destroyed by the neighbouring kingdom and one of the sect from the upper regions. The longevity pill recipe that JC created and gave to the Regal pill palace does play a role, but I don't think that was the main reason as all the sects in the myriad domain (cathedral, walkabout) got destroyed. I think the other kingdom was just afraid the myriad domain will get stronger and eventually threathen them so they invaded.
    The Myriad Domain getting destroyed was not something Jiang Chen could have stopped or prevented, it had nothing to do with current events in the story either. It had everything to do with why the Myriad Domain was destroyed some few hundred years ago.

Some few hundred years ago far away from the Myriad Domain a powerful item was discovered and a bunch of people fought over it. The person that ended up with the item fled and hid them self away in the Myriad Domain. The neighbors of the Myriad Domain found traces of this person and figured out he was hiding there.

This was the reason for the sudden vicious invasion of the Myriad Domain. The ones that invaded spread lies about the rape of a powerful cultivators daughter, and killed all the powerful people that may/would have known about this item and the fight for it. However the powers that be of the continent started to grow suspicious of the invasion, so they stopped and basically bided their time for a few hundred years.

• you know the people the MC got those gold swing birds from- when does he release them- didn't he say when he is in the origin realm he will be strong enough to release them?
  • roadman69 said:
    you know the people the MC got those gold swing birds from- when does he release them- didn't he say when he is in the origin realm he will be strong enough to release them?
    He releases them like near the end of the novel something around chapter 2100+.
  • steveny91 said:
    roadman69 said:
    you know the people the MC got those gold swing birds from- when does he release them- didn't he say when he is in the origin realm he will be strong enough to release them?

thank you x

• steveny91 said:
    roadman69 said:
    why? why so late? is it to make sure the birdy got no power over him?
  • redleaf97 said:
    steveny91 said:
    roadman69 said:
    looool are those people he release like super OP
  • redleaf97 said:
    steveny91 said:
    roadman69 said:
    looool are those people he release like super OP
  • redleaf97 said:
    steveny91 said:
    roadman69 said:
    The birdies will no longer come up( happens at the end of JC stay at regal pill palace). The people inside the formation are from another land/world/plane. They're at the Celestial level (saint > king > great emperor> celestial). Iirc.
  • redleaf97 said:
    steveny91 said:
    roadman69 said:
    The birdies will no longer come up( happens at the end of JC stay at regal pill palace). The people inside the formation are from another land/world/plane. They're at the Celestial level (saint > king > great emperor> celestial). Iirc.
  • edited June 24
    Regarding Jiang Chen's "team", from what we've seen since the start hes picking up talented people/beasts in each region he goes to and helps them progress, i have a few questions regarding that: 

1. Do the spirit animals (rat, cicada, dragon) stay with him until the end of the story or do they become irrelevant soon?

2. Does he keep inviting more and more people into his group as he goes, or do the current members (gouyu, xue tong, tang hong, ye chonglou etc.) compromise the core and he stops at some point? For example, in this arc Mu Gaoqi and the Ling sisters seem to be the new members, do they join him or do they stay in the regal pill palace?
  • When huanger gets cured?
  • Ling Bi'er, she is the 3 wife?
  • so all the rank 4 sects end up getting destroyed... is this after of b4 the MC leaves the domain
  • Ling Bi'er, she is the 3 wife?
    No. Last wife shows up like in the last arc. 

• roadman69 said:
    so all the rank 4 sects end up getting destroyed... is this after of b4 the MC leaves the domain
    Which ones are the rank 4s again? The regal pill palace with dan chi etc? If so, they get destroyed when he's still in the area. Then he goes on the run.