SOTR spoilers

what happens after the Hidden Dragon Trial?
«13456715

Comments

  • The rebellion.
  • Brega said:
    The rebellion.
    can you give a little bit(by bit, i mean a lot lol) more details? like how exactly the rebellion started? and who won the hidden dragon trial, if anyone even won? and how exactly did she/he won? what Jiang Chen had to face in the hidden dragon trail and how did he deal with it?
  • Just to be clear, the rebellion has been ongoing from the first chapter, the Hidden Dragon trials are merely a sub arc.

    1. Jiang Chen succeeds in his first trial, and on the way back fights with the minions of the Soaring Dragon Duke.

    2. His second trial is to recruit several followers (6 or 8 I can't recall), while doing so he deals with some local issues in his home region (i.e. the actual Dukedom not the capitol city).

    3. The third trial sends all the heirs to this vast underground cave system, 4 levels are mentioned, but only the first 3 levels are to be used. The Soaring Dragon heirs cheat outrageously on this trial and plot a trap to assassinate Jiang Chen on the 3 level of the cave. He manages to survive by fleeing to the deadly 4 level of the cave.

    Spoiler:
    Read At Own Risk
    Spoiler:
    I'm Serious
    Spoiler:
    I Warned You
    Spoiler:
    So on the fourth level Jiang Chen makes friends/promises to help free this spirit level animal? (yes the MC can talk to animals). This animal gave him one of its teeth, that lets him control all these bird like creatures that live in the caves. He returns to the third level and uses the birds to kill the powerful assassin that is camping the entrance to the  fourth level.

    Back in the capitol Jiang Chen is presumed dead/lost/failed 3rd trial hiding in shame. At this point the Hidden Dragon Trials are no longer relevant and the fourth trial never happens. Jiang Chen returns to the capitol and kills the Duke of Soaring Dragons son, and meets with Eastern Lu and promises to save his daughter and sister.

    At this point the Soaring Dragon Duke gathers all his allies and attacks the Royal Family and kills Eastern Lu, claiming the throne for himself. Jiang Chen saves the 2 girls and then leaves the capitol for his Dukedom to the south.

    After several more days the Soaring Dragon King marches all his forces on the Jiang Han to kill Jiang Chen and avenge his son. He succeeds in walking straight into Jiang Chen's well laid trap, as Jiang Chen looses several hundred thousand sword birds on Soaring Dragons army.

    Jiang Chen then fights with and kills the Soaring Dragon king and repeatedly tries to kill his daughter Long Juxue. She gets plot armored saved by the sect that scouted her several times.

    So in the end the hidden dragon trials were pointless and the Duke of Soaring Dragon's rebellion succeeded, though he only held power for like 2-4 days, and the useless king Eastern Lu who did nothing while his kingdom crumbled around him dies.

    Whats left of the Eastern Family resumes power and Jiang Chen prepares to leaves the Eastern Kingdom.



  • sorry how long does this arc of rebellion last 
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • to chapter 115 or so, then there is a transition arc of about 10 chapters.
  • After the rebellion? Please continue Brega senpai...
  • edited March 2016
    btw, do they find out who made him fart at the beginning? and if so, who was it?
  • so he just left the 2 princess? no romantic relationship between them?
  • I only read to chapter 130.

    I believe it is implied it was a plot of the Soaring Dragon Duke.

    If I recall both Princesses leave with him, but as to a future relationship/harem I can't say.




  • so who is the new 'king' of the kingdom now that the 2 princess follows mc?
  • From what I understood while reading, only that guo princess leaves with Jiang Chen to follow him. The younger one i think remained to rule the kingdom.

    Anyone know when that Dan concubine meets Jiang Chen again?
  • Balur said:
    From what I understood while reading, only that guo princess leaves with Jiang Chen to follow him. The younger one i think remained to rule the kingdom.

    Anyone know when that Dan concubine meets Jiang Chen again?
    Guo princess?Dan concubine?
  • Gouyu, the king's sister leaves with him. Zhiruo stays from what i understand.

    And Dan concubine appears after he leaves the eastern kingdom and goes to a bigger one.
  • Brega said:
    Just to be clear, the rebellion has been ongoing from the first chapter, the Hidden Dragon trials are merely a sub arc.

    1. Jiang Chen succeeds in his first trial, and on the way back fights with the minions of the Soaring Dragon Duke.

    2. His second trial is to recruit several followers (6 or 8 I can't recall), while doing so he deals with some local issues in his home region (i.e. the actual Dukedom not the capitol city).

    3. The third trial sends all the heirs to this vast underground cave system, 4 levels are mentioned, but only the first 3 levels are to be used. The Soaring Dragon heirs cheat outrageously on this trial and plot a trap to assassinate Jiang Chen on the 3 level of the cave. He manages to survive by fleeing to the deadly 4 level of the cave.

    Spoiler:
    Read At Own Risk
    Spoiler:
    I'm Serious
    Spoiler:
    I Warned You
    Spoiler:
    So on the fourth level Jiang Chen makes friends/promises to help free this spirit level animal? (yes the MC can talk to animals). This animal gave him one of its teeth, that lets him control all these bird like creatures that live in the caves. He returns to the third level and uses the birds to kill the powerful assassin that is camping the entrance to the  fourth level.

    Back in the capitol Jiang Chen is presumed dead/lost/failed 3rd trial hiding in shame. At this point the Hidden Dragon Trials are no longer relevant and the fourth trial never happens. Jiang Chen returns to the capitol and kills the Duke of Soaring Dragons son, and meets with Eastern Lu and promises to save his daughter and sister.

    At this point the Soaring Dragon Duke gathers all his allies and attacks the Royal Family and kills Eastern Lu, claiming the throne for himself. Jiang Chen saves the 2 girls and then leaves the capitol for his Dukedom to the south.

    After several more days the Soaring Dragon King marches all his forces on the Jiang Han to kill Jiang Chen and avenge his son. He succeeds in walking straight into Jiang Chen's well laid trap, as Jiang Chen looses several hundred thousand sword birds on Soaring Dragons army.

    Jiang Chen then fights with and kills the Soaring Dragon king and repeatedly tries to kill his daughter Long Juxue. She gets plot armored saved by the sect that scouted her several times.

    So in the end the hidden dragon trials were pointless and the Duke of Soaring Dragon's rebellion succeeded, though he only held power for like 2-4 days, and the useless king Eastern Lu who did nothing while his kingdom crumbled around him dies.

    Whats left of the Eastern Family resumes power and Jiang Chen prepares to leaves the Eastern Kingdom.



    So when do we get to see Long Juxue again?
  • Yea need juicy details on their encounters and how it ends for Long Juxue, also what is the deal with the Dan concubine, if I remember correctly she had some issue that needed fixing with her body.
  • I believe in the other thread in the other novel spoiler section, before this section was created, someone said Long Juxue is met again in the 400s.
  • Brega said:
    I believe in the other thread in the other novel spoiler section, before this section was created, someone said Long Juxue is met again in the 400s.
    well that's quite a long time.....Btw Brega how do you feel about having a harem in this one?Or just normal followers.I honestly hope this does go to the harem route
  • The other thread also said don't get use to no side characters. He said they are just a passing thing always forgotten. 
  • Well about Long Juxue

    She appears again at like chapter 360 or so. Basically there are 4 big school in the 16 kingdoms. Long Juxue went to the one which is the wicked one full of assholes and also their ancestor/leader is the strongest pretty much at Yuan 3rd boundary if im right. Anyway long story short, Jiang Chen participates in the event of the 4 schools which are trying to find the 16 strongest disciples in the kingdoms ( this zone is currently the weakest one and is going to be destroyed by the other ones if they dont make some talents fast, so this is the joint effort of the 4 schools to train the best talents).After many trials and confrontations between Long Juxue's school, mentor and Jiang Chen, in the end it ends up between him and Long Juxue. He kills her pretty easily at the end (chapter 404). Also after that he kills her teacher, a few other elders of her school and in the end the ancestor/leader too.

    About harem

    From what i know he ends up with 3 women. One is dan concubine, another one is bamboo which already appeard briefly i think in the eastern kingdom (she is the one with the elder which is super strong and they keep an eye one eastern kingdom since some guy predicted this is where he will find some1 to be able to cure Bamboo. She was cursed before birth and if it isnt cured will die.), and the last one i dont know yet, she hasnt appeared till ch475 where I am.
  • Yea, "bamboo" is the one who validated the Heavenly Karma pill back in the beginning when Jiang Chen sent his steward there.  She was called Huang'er.
  • oh too bad he didnt get the 2 princess in his harem
  • Balur said:
    Well about Long Juxue

    She appears again at like chapter 360 or so. Basically there are 4 big school in the 16 kingdoms. Long Juxue went to the one which is the wicked one full of assholes and also their ancestor/leader is the strongest pretty much at Yuan 3rd boundary if im right. Anyway long story short, Jiang Chen participates in the event of the 4 schools which are trying to find the 16 strongest disciples in the kingdoms ( this zone is currently the weakest one and is going to be destroyed by the other ones if they dont make some talents fast, so this is the joint effort of the 4 schools to train the best talents).After many trials and confrontations between Long Juxue's school, mentor and Jiang Chen, in the end it ends up between him and Long Juxue. He kills her pretty easily at the end (chapter 404). Also after that he kills her teacher, a few other elders of her school and in the end the ancestor/leader too.

    About harem

    From what i know he ends up with 3 women. One is dan concubine, another one is bamboo which already appeard briefly i think in the eastern kingdom (she is the one with the elder which is super strong and they keep an eye one eastern kingdom since some guy predicted this is where he will find some1 to be able to cure Bamboo. She was cursed before birth and if it isnt cured will die.), and the last one i dont know yet, she hasnt appeared till ch475 where I am.
    Who is dan concubine??? is it gouyu???
  • edited March 2016
    No, dan concubine appears after he leaves the eastern kingdom. Gouyu just becomes one of his followers.
  • Are Madame Jade and Wen Ziqi just one time character that won't appear again?
  • what about zhirou? Will he cure her completely?
  • edited March 2016
    Wen Ziqi i think also becomes ones of his followers. Madame is not mentioned again.
  • Zhirou im not so sure, i think he didnt give her anything else to help. But I think its mentioned she would be able to live normally is she does what he told her already
  • 666Tihexa said:
    Brega said:
    I believe in the other thread in the other novel spoiler section, before this section was created, someone said Long Juxue is met again in the 400s.
    well that's quite a long time.....Btw Brega how do you feel about having a harem in this one?Or just normal followers.I honestly hope this does go to the harem route
    I'm not really a fan of harems, but it really depends on how the author handles it. The spoilers I've read suggest it will be quite sometime before the story gets to that point.
  • Balur said:
    No, dan concubine appears after he leaves the eastern kingdom. Gouyu just becomes one of his followers.

    Did Jiang Chen cure Huang'er illness?
  • Not yet, he is alleviating her curse while the elder Is looking for some special material which is very rare, to help cure her ( i mean, not cured until ch520 ).
Sign In or Register to comment.