why did iet create new ranks and levels at the last moment?

i mean there wasnt rerally a reason to create multiple UC of higher ranks, linley and ming hong and ones from future novels would have been enough. adding extra just makes it seem more unfinished. think iet will ever go back and make a novel covering the adventures about a bunch of his previous mc's who made it too UC.

Comments

• in truth the only ones that actually matter are the first 4 UC's- hong meng, linley(lin meng), qin yu(qin meng), and X(X meng). the rest are so pitifully weak compared to them it's irrelevant.

IET only brought in the extra ranks so the readers know how lucky and powerful linley and qin yu are. and also, IET made it a duology (would have probably been a trilogy if SS hadn't escalated so quickly), and the other stories are most-likely not linked together at all. people like to put them together because of the whole UC/master of the universe thing and the cosmic space and shit. but likely IET is just too lazy to create a different base to work with and simply decided that 'grandmist' is gonna be his signature.
  • The power ladder from what I saw was like this
    Hong Meng - Lin Meng (Linley) - Qin Meng (Qin Yu) 
    Ji Ning and others

The supreme powers in all his works seem to be those with access to grandmist spiritual energy.
  • Lowlav said:
    The power ladder from what I saw was like this
    Hong Meng - Lin Meng (Linley) - Qin Meng (Qin Yu) 
    Ji Ning and others

The supreme powers in all his works seem to be those with access to grandmist spiritual energy.
    Desolate Era is not connected to CD or ST. It is a separate novel that is not connected to those two.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • The universes of Hong Meng and Linley doesn't match the universe of Desolate Era at all, so I would have to agree. The universes of Hong Meng and Linley are exactly the same, the universe Qin Yu creates is exactly the same as the other 2 Universes as well, how come the univese of Desolate Era is so different? ;o
  • The universes of Hong Meng and Linley doesn't match the universe of Desolate Era at all, so I would have to agree. The universes of Hong Meng and Linley are exactly the same, the universe Qin Yu creates is exactly the same as the other 2 Universes as well, how come the univese of Desolate Era is so different? ;o
    idk about hong meng's universe, but i do know that at the end of CD, he told linley that he created 4 universes, including linley's, and in every universe he put different laws, and in the biggest one he put all the laws, for example, in linley's universe there's no law of time,space, constructs,sword and there are only the laws of fire,earth,wind,water,light, darkness and than the other 3 edicts death,destruction,and fate, but in DE i guess it's the universe with all the laws included so it's much more different(idk too many spoilers so i can't tell you exactly the different)
  • edited March 2016
    No, because the other 4 smaller cosmos are already have their laws revealed, and they don't match the Daos of Desolate Era. The universe of Desolate Era is NOT a minor cosmos of any of the UC's Cosmos. The 4 minor cosmoses are Magic Cosmos(The one Linley was born in) Bionic Cosmos, Machine Cosmos and Immortal/Devil Cosmos. None of these 4 matches on how the cultivation of Desolate Era goes with Daos and not Laws and different elements. 

Such as, in the Magic Cosmos there are 7 Laws and 4 Edicts, but in the Universe of Desolate Era there are litterally hundreds of thousands of Daos, that's too many Daos for a small cosmos to contain, meaning it CANNOT be a minor cosmos. And since it's not a minor cosmos nor a major cosmos, in the end, it's unrelated to the Grandmist Saga.
  • welp, at least linley is creative and created his own cosmos with his own rules... btw you can't really define immortal/devil cosmos, mybe Stellar Transformation? but stellar as far as i read is little bit similar to DE, but that's just random guesses...
  • What do you mean you can't define it...? ^.-
  • actually it is exactly as Lord fifth said. CD and ST are duology but DE is completely separated universe it even has a different set of skills and paths non of which suggests that it is related to either CD or ST.it is like comparing ISSTH with Xian Ni both are from same author both have some similarities but they aren't connected at all well at least not connected how CD and ST are connected, so just forget about ST and CD when reading DE because although ning will become OP it is still different.
  • so what novels are linked to CD 
  • t2409 said:
    so what novels are linked to CD 
    ONLY ST as far as i read the works of this author
  • balinor said:
    actually it is exactly as Lord fifth said. CD and ST are duology but DE is completely separated universe it even has a different set of skills and paths non of which suggests that it is related to either CD or ST.it is like comparing ISSTH with Xian Ni both are from same author both have some similarities but they aren't connected at all well at least not connected how CD and ST are connected, so just forget about ST and CD when reading DE because although ning will become OP it is still different.
    ISSTH and Xian Ni is connected
  • I thought that ISSTH was a dream created by the MC of Xian Ni or something like that?
  • edited August 2016
    Lmao, ISSTH, Xian ni, and (just to mention the third one, forget if there's a fourth) A Thought Through Eternity, are all connected
  • I thought that ISSTH was a dream created by the MC of Xian Ni or something like that?
    Wait what, I thought the novel Xian Ni was that dream narrative.
  • Man they shouldn't link novels like this it gives me headaids XD
  • They make me pick my fav mc by shoving them in the same universe :rage: 
  • What do you mean you can't define it...? ^.-

how would you define it? it can be like ST, but ST also has demons or it can be like DE where devils can be sinners, and immortals can be the rest(but i'm not knowledge about DE so idk about the higher ranks, do they even have sin?) or it can be another universe like ST but without demons, how do you define it?
  • The immortal and devil cosmos can totally be defined, if you've read Stellar Transformations you'd already know what they are. Immortal Cultivators are the human type cultivators in the universe of ST, while devil cultivators are the ones who cultivate through slaughter and evil auras. It's simply a cosmos with purelly those two ways of cultivation.
  • I hate it when people think a Duology, Duo, DUO, TWO. Can consist of more than TWO. Why do people still need to be told over and over again that the Grandmist DUOLOGY which has been clearly stated as CD and ST have any connection with all the other works? Just because it has the same author and has some similarities with the other novels doesn't mean it's connected in any way.

Im done with my rant. Thanks for reading. -_-
  • Desolate Era Universe is not the same as Grandmist Universe they are neighbor, and when Ji Ning reach the UC level he then stumbled upon the door to the Grandmist Universe mistaking it as a toilet door and thats how they met each other, then the 4 became brothers :)
  • edited November 2016
    the new ranks and levels are actually a hint towards Stellar Transformations, much like ST's last few chapters has hints towards CD.

as for the connection between DE and CD/ST, they're not connected by story, however their universe or whatever are like the sides of the same coin.
    the entire grandmist region and primordial chaos are one and the same, imagine it as two mangas on the same weekly magazine.
  • Why don't you just ask IET straight up? It's his universe... :D

OmegaAlphaTau
    Creator of the GOTA adventure series