Spirit Blade Mountain

Comments

• widyasto said:
    Who is Ouyang?
    widyasto said:
    Who is Ouyang?
    Big spoiler
  • When does the teacher start to develop feeling for the MC?
  • When does the teacher start to develop feeling for the MC?
    Its something overtime but the Teacher is still stuck on Ouyang therefore it isnt explicitly shown. She realizes it but is confused when Wang Lu reveals that he is Ouyang's reincarnation and has his memories but claims himself to be Wang Lu and not Ouyang.
  • what chapter did the first season of anime left off on the light novel 
    tryna pick up the light novel now
  • so who is ouyang...
    and what is his back story
    i dont understand that spoiler
    like i thought wang lu's lover was ouyang 
    cause the way he put it was so confusing
    i dont even know
  • SPWJin said:
    so who is ouyang...
    i dont even know
    The teachers lover... go back to page 1
  • what chapter did the first season of anime left off on the light novel 
    tryna pick up the light novel now
    Its really hard to pinpoint it like that. I will suggest rereading the novel from the start. MTLing this novel is quite hard tho, mark my words.SPWJin said:
    so who is ouyang...
    i dont even know
    Ouyang is the Teacher's past lover and Wang Lu's past identity. Ouyang died during the tragedy of the Golden Era which will be described on wards later. I dont feel like writing the whole backstory as it is a pain in the ass but Wang Lu knows he is Ouyang but insists he is Wang Lu to make the Teacher realize that although he is Ouyang, he is also Wang Lu and doesnt want her to see him just as Ouyang.
  • Then what happens to the tarven girl at the end? I was hoping that she would marry him lol
  • MC only marries and loves the teacher.
  • Finished reading it, totally worth it. The romance is more evident in the later books but the basis for the relationship is built throughout the novel. Also, this is not a harem so +1 for OTP readers!
    Just to know, did you read it in chinese? I could find just 25 chapters translated to english and the translated Manhua is more advanced in the storyline.
  • Read the novel in chinese
  • Do someone nous the cultivation/ peak level classification im a Little bit lost on that
  • Statik said:
    Do someone nous the cultivation/ peak level classification im a Little bit lost on that
    Qi gathering
    foundation establishement
    core formation
    Nascent Soul 
    thats what was shown in the anime tho... just read and everything will be explained eventually 
  • i dont remember the cultivation levels but I remember the female lead being extremely OP.
  • edited March 12
    Body Training Stage - MC is stuck here for a long time because his spirit root just lets Ki through when bereft of special cultivation method, which was lost during calamity
    Ki Gathering - MC and almost all disciples of same age taking part in outside world trial are there during arc 2 (which is where manhua and anime are ATM)
    Foundation Establishment - level of elders of Seven Stars School, which is trash sect that operates among mortals
    Hollow Orb/Core - Head of 7* is there
    Revolving Orb/Core - MC's teacher is world strongest Jindan cultivator, still, she is derided as having trash level for an elder of supersect. In reality she can jump realms.
    Yuanying/ Nascent Soul - normal level for an elder of supersect
    Forming Deity - Head of SBM, since SBM only has 1 such, and even 1 Jindan as elder, it is considered below par among top 5
    Unity stage - excellent level even for supersect
    Mahayana/ Enlightenment - gives almost unlimited life span
    True Immortal - apex

• The thing is, Wang Wu has built multiple Jindan Cores. I remember her saying that she has 200 Jindan Cores in her body, placing her at the apex in terms of strength and life expectancy. Its actually fcking crazy considering she spent all the money that MC left her plus the money she used for the past 200 or so years.
  • Valheran said:
    Body Training Stage - MC is stuck here for a long time because his spirit root just lets Ki through when bereft of special cultivation method, which was lost during calamity
    Ki Gathering - MC and almost all disciples of same age taking part in outside world trial are there during arc 2 (which is where manhua and anime are ATM)
    Foundation Establishment - level of elders of Seven Stars School, which is trash sect that operates among mortals
    Hollow Orb/Core - Head of 7* is there
    Revolving Orb/Core - MC's teacher is world strongest Jindan cultivator, still, she is derided as having trash level for an elder of supersect. In reality she can jump realms.
    Yuanying/ Nascent Soul - normal level for an elder of supersect
    Forming Deity - Head of SBM, since SBM only has 1 such, and even 1 Jindan as elder, it is considered below par among top 5
    Unity stage - excellent level even for supersect
    Mahayana/ Enlightenment - gives almost unlimited life span
    True Immortal - apex

Do you know which level the MC reaches? I seem to remember that some review on novelupdates (I think) was pretty upset about how the story made the MC stuck with only learning defence techniques and not being able to reach a certain level?
  • edited April 2
    Nope, I don't read ahead of TL, you can try PMing patcan3609.

As for that def thing, I wouldn't spazz over it. The thing is, SBM often parodies, or outright takes potshots (sometimes more like headshots) at overbeaten Xianxia tropes. For example, that line in manhua: "Waiting for fate or chance to catch up with me, and then live through surprises and miscalculations in order to learn. Doesn't that sound so stupid?".

Most among Xianxia writers go overboard for offense, often ending with DBZish "float&blast" style of fights. That def thing is just a way to show people you don't really need to be so repetitive, and still write a Xianxia that works. One among many.
  • He does get stuck with some sort of defensive stance where he cant really attack for a while, but it doesnt mean he has no other methods of taking his enemies out. He becomes immortal by the end with his wife.
  • He does get stuck with some sort of defensive stance where he cant really attack for a while, but it doesnt mean he has no other methods of taking his enemies out. He becomes immortal by the end with his wife.
    Oooh, ok thanks for the info. After I read that review/comment I feared a bit that he would becom a one trick pony and that the story would become dull.
  • After reading last Manhua chapter I gotta ask: "What's with the talking Dog"?
  • edited April 10
    Fndmaioli said:
    Finished reading it, totally worth it. The romance is more evident in the later books but the basis for the relationship is built throughout the novel. Also, this is not a harem so +1 for OTP readers!
    Just to know, did you read it in chinese? I could find just 25 chapters translated to english and the translated Manhua is more advanced in the storyline.
    Qidian has up to chapter 47 translated into English on their website.

https://www.webnovel.com/book/6831839002000405

• I have watched the first season of the anime and I was wondering how different it was from the light novel? I was also curious about what chapter does the anime end in the light novel, if anything I will start there if they are not too different. 
  • Just start reading the novel from the beginning
  • Both manga and anime are fairly faithful to novel, still, due to space constraint alot of non-essential stuff got cut. The pity is, that's mostly worldbuilding, MC arrogant perspective, inter-character development, and comedy, mostly light banter (think TTNH between MC and his bros). I fully agree with patcan, while anime is decent, you're missing alot, especially in ROFLMAO department.
  • Manga and Anime basically change characterisation/motivations as well as either cut stuff or simply change them to make it more showy and dimnish characters.

Begin again from the beginning, as you'll get so much more info as well as the actual characterisation of the characters instead of the "Wang Lu does stuff and everyone is impressed" you get in the anime/manga.
  • edited April 22
    Anyone can spoil me on the "social event"/tournament  that is about to begin? Like who vs who and who wins?
  • edited July 3
    Read the novel in chinese
    may i ask something? what happen to Liuli Xian, Ling, Yue Xin Yao, Hou Ying?

any other people become couple?

what volume Wang Lu and Wang Wu start telling everyone they love each other(like become official couple, not marrying)?

one last thing, have you ever trying to read SBM using from google translate (CN to english) hehehehe? are they so bad?

thanks
  • edited July 26
    I'm curious, but... Right now in the manga they are in the tournament with the 10000 methods sect, or whatever. Little Hai has this girls he likes, which is his Second Sister, I belive. I ship them. Do they end up together?
  • Finished reading it, totally worth it. The romance is more evident in the later books but the basis for the relationship is built throughout the novel. Also, this is not a harem so +1 for OTP readers!
    Where did u read it???? I can not find it is it even completed??